Author Topic: Cincinnati 2/16/22  (Read 1714 times)

Offline UndercoverMyung

Cincinnati 2/16/22
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:48:28 PM »
Starting this thread now just because I’m so excited to see DT for the first time since November of 2019! This is also my first concert since the last time DT was here.
Very excited!!!

Online geeeemo

Re: Cincinnati 2/16/22
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 05:10:11 PM »
Gotta love Dream Theater Day!! :metal

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »
I went to 3 concerts last year (REO, Winger and Billy Joel). This will also makes it around my 15th or 16th time seeing Dream Theater. I am excited to see them at the new venue. Can’t wait. Dream Theater day!  :metal

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 09:14:33 PM »
I’ll be there! Making the drive from Columbus
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 04:29:45 AM »
I’ll be there! Making the drive from Columbus

Nice! I'll be in the second row, Myung side, edge of the stage (to the left of Myung).

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 01:51:50 PM »
Only like 4-5 hours til showtime!!
Anyone else going?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »
On my way from Columbus right now! Timed it to miss the opener (not by choice, have 10 month old pups at home that can’t be left for too too long) but should be there to get situated by Dream Theater time!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 06:34:45 PM »
Arch Echo was fantastic!
Got upgraded to front row center section!!!!
First front row concert!
 :yarr

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 07:06:54 AM »
WOW
What. A. Show.
So yeah. We saw that there were 2 front row center section seats available for only 65 bucks plus fees an hour before the show. On the aisle of the Myung side. So we grabbed them and took the loss on the second-row side section seats we had. Gave those to a father and son who we saw in the back of the floor. Win-win!
Seats could not have been better. My first front row concert.
Anyways, the show itself:
It was unreal. The whole band was seriously perfect. Including LaBrie, btw. He was absolutely fantastic. He sounded dang near perfect to me. Also, at one point I smiled at LaBrie and I swear he smiled back at me.
At one point LaBrie's mic fell and he missed a line, during 6:00 I believe, but he, of course, laughed it off and made it funny.
The setlist was absolutely perfect and the flow was fantastic.
Also, this was only my 2nd time seeing DT (the first time was on the last tour) so it was my first time seeing all of these songs live.
The Alien was a great way to kick it off and was flawless.
6:00 was really fun to see. Myung rocked the bass stuff towards the beginning, but he rocks the bass stuff in every song, lol.
Awaken The Master was amazing, and the 8 string is fantastic in person. I felt that low string (assuming it's a low string on the 8 string?) deep into my chest. Really a beautiful song live, and one of my favorites from the new album.
Endless Sacrifice was so cool, especially when the keytar came out and Jordan was right in front of me! Myung, Jordan, and Petrucci all lined up right in front of me doing their thing was absolutely unreal.
Bridges In The Sky was, of course, fantastic. One of my favorites from ADTOE and it did not disappoint.
Invisible Monster was great live. I love this song and expected it to rock live. It did not disappoint at all and it flowed nicely into...
About To Crash. Fantastic live. Beautiful is an understatement. Really loved seeing this one, as it's one of my favorites from SDOIT.
Ministry was out of this world fantastic. Never expected to have the chance to see this one live, and it was even better than I expected. Petrucci's solo at the end might be my favorite Petrucci solo of all time, perhaps my favorite guitar solo of all time. Really beautiful song.
View was great live. Really fun to watch this one unfold live. Felt like a great set closer.
Tuscany was the perfect encore. It was so fun singing along during this one. Just fantastic.
What a show. Hoping to see them again very soon. Might try to hit another show on this leg, but I likely can't. Either way, they said they're gonna tour for a year and a half and said they plan to "come back here" which I took to mean Cincinnati. They said the turnout was really good too, but they could say this everywhere for all I know. Fingers crossed they really do return to Cincinnati within the year and a half, or at least come somewhere really close.
 :metal

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 08:38:38 AM »
Nice review! So glad you got to score front row seats, that must have been amazing to see them point blank like that. I saw them in Seattle, and I'm still trying to come down from that cloud.  😎 🎶
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 09:57:40 AM »
Glad you had a great time. Congrats on the seat upgrades. It is amazing seeing them front row. I was front row on Petrucci's side for this show. That is my 3rd or 4th time being front row at a DT concert. The concert was amazing as usual from everyone. Band sounded great. :metal  Have to get used to the new smaller Mangini kit, but I like it. LaBrie sounded better at this show then he did at the shows I went to on the last 2 tours. I do however think he is not, or only barely, singing during that softer section on Bridges that someone posted a video of in another thread. Weird but it did seem off. But yeah he sounded great. And loved when he put on the Pirate hat.  :yarr

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2022, 10:00:38 AM »
Glad you had a great time. Congrats on the seat upgrades. It is amazing seeing them front row. I was front row on Petrucci's side for this show. That is my 3rd or 4th time being front row at a DT concert. The concert was amazing as usual from everyone. Band sounded great. :metal  Have to get used to the new smaller Mangini kit, but I like it. LaBrie sounded better at this show then he did at the shows I went to on the last 2 tours. I do however think he is not, or only barely, singing during that softer section on Bridges that someone posted a video of in another thread. Weird but it did seem off. But yeah he sounded great. And loved when he put on the Pirate hat.  :yarr

The pirate hat was hilarious! Not sure if you were at the Taft Theatre show in 2019, but the same guy gave LaBrie the same pirate hat at that show. I saw the dude before the show with a pirate hat and he said he was the guy from 2019. Lol. LaBrie even mentioned remembering the guy giving him the same hat at a previous DT show.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 02:15:03 PM »
The pirate hat was hilarious! Not sure if you were at the Taft Theatre show in 2019, but the same guy gave LaBrie the same pirate hat at that show. I saw the dude before the show with a pirate hat and he said he was the guy from 2019. Lol. LaBrie even mentioned remembering the guy giving him the same hat at a previous DT show.
[/quote]

Yes you are right. LaBrie did mention that hat was well traveled or something like that.  I was at the Taft show. I did remember a pirate hat but didn't know it was the same guy. :yarr :metal

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2022, 08:43:36 PM »
Btw, did anyone else notice how the squid game music played as the lights were about to go down for DT? Gave me the creeps.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 09:34:34 AM »
Btw, did anyone else notice how the squid game music played as the lights were about to go down for DT? Gave me the creeps.

What does "the squid game music" mean?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 09:38:26 AM »

Like the music from the show, this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9NQYKv2rTg

Offline pg1067

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 12:49:44 PM »

Like the music from the show, this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9NQYKv2rTg

Didn't realize/forgot that was the name of a show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 01:35:31 PM »

I had forgotten about that.  In Oakland, they played it, and there was a pause of a few seconds before the DT proper intro music started.  The pause made me think there was a glitch, where it was supposed to segue from the Pink Soldiers Theme right into the DT intro, but didn't for some reason.  How did it go at your show?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Buckeye69

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 02:28:48 PM »

UndercoverMyung.....that was me you were talking to!  :yarr  We were talking in the line for the snack counter.  I'm guessing that was your son you were with?