Author Topic: Official Top 75 Rush songs Thread!!! (Top 2 revealed!!)  (Read 52627 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: Official Top 75 Rush songs countdown Thread!!! (Top 75 going!!)
« Reply #875 on: March 11, 2022, 02:56:49 PM »
Will be really sad if nothing from VT or SaA makes the cut. At the very least the title track of VT and Secret Touch, as well as Far Cry and Main Monkey Business should've made it, IMO. I had those 4 tracks plus 2 others from each album in my top 75.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #876 on: March 11, 2022, 03:07:49 PM »
52 Ghost of a Chance
Appeared on 13 of 25 entrees
Top 10 finishes: 1
Highest Ranking: 9 (wolfking)

51 Vital Signs
Appeared on 17 of 25 entrees
Highest Ranking: 2 (DTA)

I had Ghost Of A Chance at #16. I love this song. Alex's smoky guitar is amazing. A very bright spot on a pretty bad album.

I had Vital Signs at #48. I have always loved this tune as well. I love it's quirkiness.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline nick_z

« Reply #877 on: March 11, 2022, 03:32:39 PM »
I actually have 5 tracks from VT in my top 75, but they overall don't rank super-high: 3 of those are in the 65-75 stretch...then one just makes the top 50 and the highest is #42. On the other hand, only 2 from S&A make my top 75, and the highest is #54.

I like both albums, VT a little more than S&A. VT is harsher, but overall more interesting, and with more peaks. S&A is a very pleasant listen, but without much of a "wow" factor.

Regardless (and assuming we are right about this), it is a bit surprising NO song from these two ranked in the aggregate top 75.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #878 on: March 11, 2022, 03:36:13 PM »
Will be really sad if nothing from VT or SaA makes the cut. At the very least the title track of VT and Secret Touch, as well as Far Cry and Main Monkey Business should've made it, IMO. I had those 4 tracks plus 2 others from each album in my top 75.

For me, Earthshine and the last three songs are the best of VT, while Far Cry and Armor & Sword are the best songs on S&A.  All of those songs plus VT are in my top 75.  MMB didn't make the cut for me, although I think it's a really good song.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #879 on: March 11, 2022, 03:47:09 PM »
52 Ghost of a Chance

51 Vital Signs

I had Ghost Of A Chance at #16. I love this song. Alex's smoky guitar is amazing. A very bright spot on a pretty bad album.

I had Vital Signs at #48. I have always loved this tune as well. I love it's quirkiness.

The fun little nugget about the solo on Ghost Of a Chance is that it's the demo solo. He couldn't replicate it in the studio so they digitally added it into the recording.  Alex's demo was originally recorded in his home studio. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline nick_z

« Reply #880 on: March 11, 2022, 03:51:28 PM »

For me, Earthshine and the last three songs are the best of VT, while Far Cry and Armor & Sword are the best songs on S&A.  All of those songs plus VT are in my top 75.  MMB didn't make the cut for me, although I think it's a really good song.

Agreed on Far Cry and Armor & Sword. MMB is a cool sounding instrumental - didn't make the cut for my 75, but it's in the top 100.

Interesting take on VT. I really like Earthsine, but for me it's kind of the opposite - I don't particularly love the last three songs. My favorites are Vapor Trail and Ceiling Unlimited...

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #881 on: March 11, 2022, 05:53:24 PM »
I'm right with you on Nocturne and Freeze, the other two from VT that made my list. I can see why you like Earthshine and Out of the Cradle - both are good songs, but for me, more mid-tier on that album. It's funny - I remember Secret Touch not doing much for me when I first got the album, but when I saw them perform it live, I really came to love it. It has so much energy and a great groove to it.

Armor & Sword is a great song - one of the better ones on SaA for sure, though I don't rank it quite as high. I'm more partial to Spindrift (that riff!) and MalNar. And on my list Working Them Angels ranks a bit higher although I could swap it with Armor & Sword without a thought.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #882 on: March 11, 2022, 06:04:55 PM »
Y'all are correct in that Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows are the two albums that didn't have anything make the top 75, but a few did not miss by much.

Here is a sneak peek at how songs from the two did in the 76-100 range.

76 Far Cry
79 The Main Monkey Business
81 Ghost Rider
84 Vapor Trail         
94 One Little Victory
98 Faithless
100 Earthshine

How Faithless rated as the 3rd best song from S&A was a major WTF for me, and I was a little bummed to see how poorly Freeze and (especially) Nocturne did. Nocturne finished as a bottom 10 songs in this entire thing.  :eek :eek 

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #883 on: March 11, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »
Damn. I really like a lot of songs off of those albums. Shame that they won’t be receiving any due love on this ranking. I have to wonder where You Bet Your Life fell overall, being one of the most controversial choices in my list. If VT and S&A are entirely ruled out, there’s no way that made the list.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #884 on: March 11, 2022, 06:24:54 PM »
I was a little bummed to see how poorly Freeze and (especially) Nocturne did. Nocturne finished as a bottom 10 songs in this entire thing.  :eek :eek
Yikes! I guess you, me and pg1067 were the only ones to put it in our top 75 lists - everybody else must've put it in their bottom 5!    :omg:

Damn. I really like a lot of songs off of those albums. Shame that they won’t be receiving any due love on this ranking. I have to wonder where You Bet Your Life fell overall, being one of the most controversial choices in my list. If VT and S&A are entirely ruled out, there’s no way that made the list.
Oh that's a guarantee. You Bet Your Life is definitely a controversial choice that probably also ranked in the bottom 10-20 overall. It was within the bottom 20 of my list, although Face Up and Big Wheel rank immediately below it for me.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #885 on: March 11, 2022, 06:33:01 PM »
52 Ghost of a Chance

I suppose this one has been downgraded for me a tough, as I used to call it a top 20-25 song, but had it at 34 in this. Still love it. This was a key song in making me a fan in the earliest days of my fandom, and it was admittedly a favorite of the girlfriend I had for most of that year as well.  :coolio

51 Vital Signs

I only had this at 70, but I am still a fan.  I chuckled when I read how the band thought fans didn't love it enough back in the day, so they kept putting it in prime spots in the set lists, almost forcing fans to love it, haha.  The first of seven songs to appear from Moving Pictures in the top 75!
Ghost of a Chance - I love this song. It was my highest rated from RtB, landing at #27. The atmosphere is amazing and Alex's solo is otherworldly.

Vital Signs - This one slotted in at #51 for me, so I think the collective DTF ranking got it right  ;) As others have said, it's the perfect bridge between the style of MP and Signals. Love that funky bass too!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2022, 06:33:30 PM »
That is a shame Kev. Especially Vapor Trails.  It's a fantastic album.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2022, 06:49:09 PM »
That is a shame Kev. Especially Vapor Trails.  It's a fantastic album.

Yeah, I had the following..

How It Is..#63
(You Bet Your Life)...#62
The Stars Look Down...#51
Secret Touch...#42

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline romdrums

« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2022, 06:53:33 PM »
I was a little bummed to see how poorly Freeze and (especially) Nocturne did. Nocturne finished as a bottom 10 songs in this entire thing.  :eek :eek
Yikes! I guess you, me and pg1067 were the only ones to put it in our top 75 lists - everybody else must've put it in their bottom 5!    :omg:

I had Freeze in my top 20.  Lots of fun to play on drums, especially with the way Neil plays around the 5/8 time signature used throughout the song.  All three of them are doing really cool things instrumentally, and I  love the structure and arrangement of the song overall.  Definitely an under appreciated Rush tune. 

Nocturne is another fun one to play on drums (Neil was clearly inspired on this record!), and I really like the overall vibe to it.  It conjures up images of riding a motorcycle through the desert at dusk for me.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2022, 06:54:46 PM »
Earthshine #46
Vapor Trails #15

For me.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #890 on: March 11, 2022, 07:04:06 PM »
For the record, Nocturne did not make my top 75 (it just missed the cut), but I was just hoping others would have put it in theirs so its overall ranking would be good.  Oh well.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #891 on: March 11, 2022, 07:15:32 PM »
No S&A song made my list. Might literally be my least favorite album of theirs.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2022, 07:35:38 PM »
You mean you like Power Windows - keyboards, 80s production and all - more than a guitar driven album of theirs?!?!?  :omg:

Offline The Realm

« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2022, 07:44:00 PM »

52 Ghost of a Chance

51 Vital Signs

Ghost of a Chance - unranked for me. I guess it is a nice enough song but not one that has ever appealed to me much. The guitar playing and solo is great and I do also enjoy the bass line. But I guess that is the thing about Rush, even if the actual song doesn't appeal the musicianship is always stellar.

Vital Signs - now we are talking. I ranked this at 11. This song is awesome, a bit surprised it ends up so low overall. Just has a great vibe and feel and has always been one of my favourite Rush songs.

Offline HOF

« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2022, 07:55:06 PM »
Y'all are correct in that Vapor Trails and Snakes and Arrows are the two albums that didn't have anything make the top 75, but a few did not miss by much.

76 Far Cry
81 Ghost Rider
84 Vapor Trail         
94 One Little Victory
98 Faithless
100 Earthshine

How Faithless rated as the 3rd best song from S&A was a major WTF for me, and I was a little bummed to see how poorly Freeze and (especially) Nocturne did. Nocturne finished as a bottom 10 songs in this entire thing.  :eek :eek

I didn’t rank anything from Snakes and Arrows, but these were my ranks for Vapor Trails

14. Vapor Trail
23. Freeze
49. Earthshine
50. Ghost Rider
51. How It Is
65. Secret Touch

If we had gone to 100, Armor and Sword probably would have made it, and maybe Far Cry as well. I think the biggest issue with S&A is the songs all seem to be moving in slow motion. The tempos on that album were unusually low by Rush standards.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2022, 07:56:47 PM »
You mean you like Power Windows - keyboards, 80s production and all - more than a guitar driven album of theirs?!?!?  :omg:

Hah!

You know what my problem with S&A is? I feel like they wrote the music to fit the lyrics. And while Neil's lyrics are great, the lyrical lines should never dictate where the song goes, and I feel that S&A suffers because of that. At least that's how it sounds to me.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #896 on: March 11, 2022, 08:14:30 PM »
How Faithless rated as the 3rd best song from S&A was a major WTF for me,

I'm with you on that one. It's a pretty bland song...

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #897 on: March 11, 2022, 08:32:48 PM »
How Faithless rated as the 3rd best song from S&A was a major WTF for me,

I'm with you on that one. It's a pretty bland song...
I take offense to all of this  >:(

:lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline pg1067

« Reply #898 on: March 11, 2022, 08:53:54 PM »

76 Far Cry
81 Ghost Rider
84 Vapor Trail         
94 One Little Victory
98 Faithless
100 Earthshine

This is bat crap crazy.  Earthshine at #100?!  And Nocturne as a bottom 10 song?!  Next thing you're going to tell me is that Mystic Rhythms made the f'ing top 10.

I actually have a theory about VT.  It's a very fatiguing album to listen to (at least the original release), and I have a feeling that a lot of folks didn't carefully listen to the very end.  I'm a bit guilty of that with S&A (although not for the same reason).

BTW...

23. Earthshine
28. Armor & Sword
35. Far Cry
44. Vapor Trail
56. Out of the Cradle
57. Nocturne
64. Freeze
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: March 11, 2022, 09:27:08 PM »
snip
This is bat crap crazy.  Earthshine at #100?!  And Nocturne as a bottom 10 song?!  Next thing you're going to tell me is that Mystic Rhythms made the f'ing top 10.
snip

Next thing you guys are going to tell me is that 'Working Man' didn't make the Top 30, and that some people left it off the list, when I ranked it at #2.

"Wait....it came in at #56?  And eight people didn't rank it?  Now that is bat crap crazy!" :lol
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MrMike

« Reply #900 on: March 11, 2022, 10:13:43 PM »
My main problem with VT (and why only 1 song from it makes my top 75) is that it's missing a very important ingredient for me in the Rush stew and that's Alex guitar solos.  I read that he thought doing solos would've seemed too much like showing off on what's supposed to be Neil's emotional comeback album and so he refrained, but I think that's kinda lame.  I seriously doubt Neil would've been offended if he had.  On the live versions, he DID play solos and it really elevated those songs.  I was hoping when they remixed and re-released VT that he would've taken the opportunity to add some leads then, but sadly he didn't.

Offline HOF

« Reply #901 on: March 11, 2022, 10:35:36 PM »
My main problem with VT (and why only 1 song from it makes my top 75) is that it's missing a very important ingredient for me in the Rush stew and that's Alex guitar solos.  I read that he thought doing solos would've seemed too much like showing off on what's supposed to be Neil's emotional comeback album and so he refrained, but I think that's kinda lame.  I seriously doubt Neil would've been offended if he had.  On the live versions, he DID play solos and it really elevated those songs.  I was hoping when they remixed and re-released VT that he would've taken the opportunity to add some leads then, but sadly he didn't.

Bottrill did add some additional guitar parts on One Little Victory and a solo on Ceiling Unlimited (I don't think they were re-recorded, I think he just found some takes and added them, but I could be mis-remembering). May have been a few other parts added here and there.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: March 11, 2022, 10:53:37 PM »
Interesting discussion around Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails.

30   Ghost Rider
54   Bravest Face
61   The Larger Bowl
62   Good News First
64   Faithless
69   Ceiling Unlimited
74   One Little Victory

Earthshine came in at 79 for me. Slightly surprising since I do rather like it. Nocturne was at 93 while Freeze made it only to 152.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:35:21 AM by nobloodyname »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline HOF

« Reply #903 on: March 11, 2022, 11:01:39 PM »
Interest discussion around Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails.

30   Ghost Rider
54   Bravest Face
61   The Larger Bowl
62   Good News First
64   Faithless
69   Ceiling Unlimited
74   One Little Victory

Earthshine came in at 79 for me. Slightly surprising since I do rather like it. Nocturne was at 93 while Freeze made it only to 152.

I wanted to put both Ceiling Unlimited and One Little Victory on my list, but ultimately had to make way for other stuff. Ceiling Unlimited in particular is one that I hear and think “man, this should be considered a Rush classic.” It’s not quite there, but it feels like it could have been.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #904 on: March 12, 2022, 06:14:21 AM »
I will do three today, and one of them is the first appearance we see of a song someone had at number 1 in their top 75.

50 Force Ten
Appeared on 14 of 25 entrees
Highest Ranking: 10 (HOF)

I didn't rank this, as I got burned out on a long time ago, and gravitate towards the vast majority of songs from Hold Your Fire over it now, but it's still a damn good song. 

49 The Enemy Within
Highest Ranking: 1 (DAT)

I had this at 59; it would have been a lot higher years ago. I still love it just as much, but I guess it's a case of certain songs just elevating over time.  Love the bass line.

48 The Weapon
Appeared on 15 of 25 entrees
Highest Ranking: 7 (DAT)

I have to admit that I chuckled when I saw these two parts of Fear finish next to each other.  This was my favorite song from Signals for a long time; it is now my 2nd favorite. I had it at 24.  Scary!!!

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2022, 07:20:07 AM »
I will do three today, and one of them is the first appearance we see of a song someone had at number 1 in their top 75.

50 Force Ten
Appeared on 14 of 25 entrees
Highest Ranking: 10 (HOF)

49 The Enemy Within
Highest Ranking: 1 (DAT)

48 The Weapon
Appeared on 15 of 25 entrees
Highest Ranking: 7 (DAT)

Force Ten - not a ranker, but a good song.

Enemy Within - 52 for me. This song SCREAMS 80s at the top of it’s lungs. I get a huge White Wedding vibe from this one.

Weapon - not a ranker. My least favourite of the 4 Fear tracks.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline HOF

« Reply #906 on: March 12, 2022, 07:58:44 AM »
Force Ten is awesome. It felt appropriate to rank this one at 10! It’s such a great opener, but my first experience with it was as a closer on the Retrospective II compilation. Either way works! Love the build at the start of the song, Neil and Geddy to start with Alex weaving in and out. Great lyrics, some of my favorite probably. Also love how the song builds up to the outro. This one was really great on R30.

I had The Enemy Within at 56. Good to see Grace Under Pressure on the board! This is probably one of the more Police-ish songs, but I’ve always liked the lyrics a lot and Geddy’s delivery on lines like “pou-pou-pou-pounding in your temples!” I like all the short little instrumental passages throughout as well. It’s a fun track that’s a bit different for the band.

The Weapon has always been the one song on Signals that I didn’t connect with. It didn’t help that I originally thought the lyric went “he’s a lot more afraid of your lion.” You can’t unhear that! I didn’t rank it, but I will say in recent years I’ve grown to like it a bit more. Just hasn’t ever been one of my favorites.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 08:45:07 AM by HOF »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #907 on: March 12, 2022, 08:38:12 AM »
Falling behind again!

#56. Working Man - Me: 46

One of my early favorites. Really hard not to love that main riff! And it’s easy to forget what an incredible lead guitarist Alex is. They obviously ditched the really long guitar solos later but his solo on this song is incredible! if I recall correctly, the alternate solo which was only featured on a version from rock band is very nearly its equal.

#55. Clockwork Angels - Me: 33

This one was a grower for me. But now it’s one of my favorites and I see it as being the corner stone of the entire album.

#54. New World Man - Me: Did not rank. Neither of my original lists had it in the top 100.

Can’t decide if this or Digital Man is my least favorite from Signals. The bass line is pretty and I still like it enough to sing along when it’s on, but just an ok song.

#53. Entre Nous - Me: 23

LOVE this song. I always thought that this song had “hit“ written all over it. I would occasionally hear this on FM radio when I was growing up. But I think the local DJs were Rush fans. The fact that this is usually one of the lowest rated songs from PEW just speaks to the strength of that album.

#52. Ghost of a Chance - Me: Did not rank. Neither list had it in the top 100.

Probably the only passable song on the second half of Roll the Bones. But that’s not enough to put it on my list.

#51. Vital Signs - Me: 61

The least best from one of their greatest albums is still a home run. as other people of said, it perfectly bridges the gap to Signals.

#50. Force Ten - Me: Did not rank. My two test lists had it at 77 and 85…so it just missed.

Really good song. Just suffers from having too many fantastic songs in front of it. This is another one that makes me wish we had done a top 100. Rush actually deserves a top 100 more than DT does because their catalog is bigger.

#49. The Enemy Within - Me: Did not rank. Neither list had it in the top 100.

My least favorite song from GUP, and my least favorite Fear song. But it has been growing on me. I went from actively not liking it to actively liking it. It’s just still the “least best”.

#48. The Weapon - Me: 15

Total opposite for The Weapon! My favorite Fear song and my #1 Signals song. Can’t get enough of it! And the live version is definitive! Knowing that this song is mostly not liked by most around these parts, I was actually surprised that this made the final list at all! And I was even more surprised to discover that I was not the one who rated it the highest!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline nick_z

« Reply #908 on: March 12, 2022, 09:30:47 AM »
Force Ten (ranked #30)

Great song and opener. It's urgent, catchy, and interesting. It's my second favorite on Hold Your Fire

The Enemy Within (ranked #53)

Ranked pretty close to the aggregate. There are a few songs on GUP that I prefer, but I've always had a soft spot for this one. A great example of Rush-ified Police song (really interesting how someone had it at #1, though !!)

The Weapon (did not rank in top 75, had it at #92)

I like it, but I don't love it....although the overall mood is cool, and for some reason it gained a little more appreciation after I saw the live performance on GUP Live.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: March 12, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »
58 A Passage to Bangkok (NR) it was cute when I first heard it. 

57 Different Strings (NR) very enjoyable as a Side 2 listen.  I figured that NO ONE here would list this, so I didn’t bother.  Otherwise, it would be somewhere in the 60s, which would have only bumped each one up a slot.

56 Working Man (#2)  What can I say?  A staple on AOR, I loved it when I first heard it, millions recognize the beginning riff, which drew countless many to their discography.  A great freshman effort that is timeless.  I had recorded it on tape years earlier thanks to my college roommate Rush junkie, and finally bought the album in '85 on a day I was offered a great job during a very stressful time.  I’ll never forget playing that song first at my best friend’s home while popping a bottle of champagne.  And then listening to the album from start to finish as other friends arrived (pretty sure Side Four of Queen's 'Live Killers' was played next).  One of the best days of my life. :)

55 Clockwork Angels (#30) 

54 New World Man (#31) so oddly appealing.

53 Entre Nous (#52)  almost nailed it!  A 'simple' ballad, the synth really adds to this when used, and Alex shows his diverse skills.  Just between us, a great Side Two opener.

52 Ghost of a Chance (NR)

51 Vital Signs (#24)  On its own, #51 is about right.  A damn good album closer on a terrific album, I gave it a huge bump.  Always the last or next to last song on my ‘best ofs’.   I love to deviate from the norm, so it fits me quite nicely.  Love the percussion during the fade out.

50 Force Ten (#37)  Good song, great album opener. Kinda of a tease, as nothing else on HYF rocked as hard.

49 The Enemy Within (#69)

48 The Weapon (#48 ) NAILED IT!  Such a good opener for Side 2. 

At least I'm starting to see a few similarities on some of my rankings with those who are posting.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:46:17 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!