Author Topic: Ashdown Engineering John Myung Signature Double Drive Pedal  (Read 3420 times)

Offline gzarruk

Ashdown Engineering John Myung Signature Double Drive Pedal
« on: October 22, 2021, 07:34:24 PM »
JM just got a new signature drive pedal with Ashdown :metal

It's available for pre-order here: https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/signature-series/products/john-myung-double-drive-pedal

I don't need it, but man do I want one :lol

It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
Re: Ashdown Engineering John Myung Signature Double Drive Pedal
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:19:27 PM »
I hope it does well for him. JM is a virtuoso bassist who doesn't get the recognition he deserves probably because of his silent demeanor. I wish DT would feature his playing just as prominently as they feature JP or jR.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 08:34:58 PM »
I know this thread is about the pedal, but every time I see his signature bass I get closer and closer to dropping three grand that I don’t have.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 04:57:44 AM »
inb4

LOL IT DOESNT MAKE A SOUND LOL MYUNG LOLLL   

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
I know this thread is about the pedal, but every time I see his signature bass I get closer and closer to dropping three grand that I don’t have.

You're not alone in this :lol
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline gzarruk

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 06:11:46 PM »
I gotta ask... Was there a market for this? If there anyone who listens to DT and thinks "man, I love that bass tone, I've gotta cop that"? Especially at that price point? The only two albums it's any better than garden variety are FII and D/T, and on D/T the tone is easily accomplished using Darkglass or the like (I have 4 DG pedals on my board, so am pretty confident in this!). Honestly, most of the time JM is buried *because* of his tone.

The bass, I get. This pedal?  ??? 
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2022, 06:19:33 AM »
I gotta ask... Was there a market for this? If there anyone who listens to DT and thinks "man, I love that bass tone, I've gotta cop that"? Especially at that price point? The only two albums it's any better than garden variety are FII and D/T, and on D/T the tone is easily accomplished using Darkglass or the like (I have 4 DG pedals on my board, so am pretty confident in this!). Honestly, most of the time JM is buried *because* of his tone.

The bass, I get. This pedal?  ???

Man, I have been thinking this for years. There were so many albums where I would scratch my head and think - 'does DT have a bass player'? Then they put their latest album out and one of my first thoughts was YES - I can hear what JM is doing!  :metal

That's why I was a little disappointed that JM didn't want to elaborate on his tone during the interviews. I'm truly curious what he changed if he changed anything.  :huh: