Author Topic: Mesa, AZ 2/2/2022 - Mesa Arts Center (Setlist Spoilers)  (Read 22457 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Mesa, AZ 2/2/2022 - Mesa Arts Center (Setlist Spoilers)
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2022, 09:40:44 PM »
They better not fuck with count of Tuscany.

They switch out Tuscany with Anna Lee, so on top of missing Tuscany, you get a way shorter show
It's a lesson about how life isn't fair, and it makes people buy more tickets hoping to catch Tuscany at another show

Shush you

Octavarium would be the only acceptable substitute

Lol yeah that previous post of mine was just me joking around
I agree that Octavarium would be the only acceptable substitute, but I think they'd do Octavarium every night if they were gonna bust it out.

I'm pretty sure count will be static, but I am thinking they may rotate out other spots... Hopefully they leave Ministry there too, haven't seen that live either.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2022, 09:42:19 PM »

They switch out Tuscany with Anna Lee, so on top of missing Tuscany, you get a way shorter show
It's a lesson about how life isn't fair, and it makes people buy more tickets hoping to catch Tuscany at another show

Shush you

Octavarium would be the only acceptable substitute

Lol yeah that previous post of mine was just me joking around
I agree that Octavarium would be the only acceptable substitute, but I think they'd do Octavarium every night if they were gonna bust it out.

I'm pretty sure count will be static, but I am thinking they may rotate out other spots... Hopefully they leave Ministry there too, haven't seen that live either.

I would hate to miss Ministry... love that one and doubt they'll ever play it again tbh

Offline pg1067

« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2022, 10:47:37 PM »
6:00 >>>>>>>>> Innocence Faded (there's a reason IF has only been played a couple dozen times).

Swapping out TMOLS for The Glass Prison would be all kinds of awesome.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2022, 11:12:23 PM »
Today's show on setlist.fm is way messed up. For a sec it only showed the Alien. Now it's the showing the same as the first night up to Endless Sacrifice but no Alien? Lol. Assuming it's just the same as night one until I see differently from a legit source.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2022, 11:35:31 PM »
Today's show on setlist.fm is way messed up. For a sec it only showed the Alien. Now it's the showing the same as the first night up to Endless Sacrifice but no Alien? Lol. Assuming it's just the same as night one until I see differently from a legit source.
The venue’s Instagram posted clips of 6:00, ES and AtM so I’m assuming that’s why it was updated that way.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2022, 11:38:34 PM »

They switch out Tuscany with Anna Lee

If they did that I would personally take everybody in this thread out for ice cream.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2022, 11:39:56 PM »

They switch out Tuscany with Anna Lee

If they did that I would personally take everybody in this thread out for ice cream.

LOL

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2022, 11:40:13 PM »
The venue’s Instagram posted clips of 6:00, ES and AtM so I’m assuming that’s why it was updated that way.

Ah, gotcha!

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2022, 12:13:54 AM »
So, according to setlist.fm the only change is Invisible Monster to Transcending Time.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2022, 12:15:56 AM »
So, according to setlist.fm the only change is Invisible Monster to Transcending Time.

Was going to say this.
Not a surprise IMO. I expected the change to be ATM and SG, IM and TT, or both.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2022, 12:17:46 AM »
I would've gladly pissed my pants for Transcending Time.

That song transitions into About to Crash way better than Invisible Monster.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2022, 12:18:14 AM »

Swapping out TMOLS for The Glass Prison would be all kinds of awesome.

Agreed. I'd buy a ticket for the Wembley show if that happened. Apart from the brief melodic interlude in Ministry, there's almost nothing special about it.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2022, 12:19:45 AM »
I would've gladly pissed my pants for Transcending Time.

That song transitions into About to Crash way better than Invisible Monster.

Yeah actually I bet the Transcending Time piano outro into the About To Crash piano intro is quite nice.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #258 on: February 05, 2022, 12:20:49 AM »
I like IM more than TT by far personally, so I'm glad my show is on a day when IM will be played.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #259 on: February 05, 2022, 12:20:56 AM »
I just thought of something. What if the band decided to change one song each night, besides the songs The Alien and A View From The Top of The World, Awaken The Master? That would be 7 different songs they could alternate.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #260 on: February 05, 2022, 12:30:06 AM »
Next to the title song, Invisible Monster is the one I am looking forward to most, so I would NOT be happy with that change.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MrMike

« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2022, 12:31:09 AM »
Still leaving out the best two from View.  Okay.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2022, 12:32:02 AM »
Next to the title song, Invisible Monster is the one I am looking forward to most, so I would NOT be happy with that change.

IM is also one of my favorites.
What show(s) are you hitting on this tour? Did you check to see if you’ll get IM or TT?

Offline MrMike

« Reply #263 on: February 05, 2022, 12:35:10 AM »

Agreed.  I seriously want to see JP playing the IM solo live.  It's like one of my favorite moments on View.

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2022, 12:46:37 AM »
I still find it so odd that Sleeping Giant isn't being played.
Maybe next tour...

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2022, 01:00:11 AM »
Also: A big fuck you to whoever made a fake setlist.fm that had some really cool changes like Innocence Faded. You surely disappointed some people and caused fake excitement. That's messed up.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2022, 04:22:01 AM »
6:00 >>>>>>>>> Innocence Faded (there's a reason IF has only been played a couple dozen times).
The biggest reason is just how damn hard IF is to sing.  I would MUCH rather hear that than 6:00.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2022, 05:15:58 AM »
Also: A big fuck you to whoever made a fake setlist.fm that had some really cool changes like Innocence Faded. You surely disappointed some people and caused fake excitement. That's messed up.

To state the bleeding obvious, that's exactly why they did it.

There used to be a member here, posting under the same name at Setlist.fm, who would do that, too. Can't remember their username other than I think it had 77 in it.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2022, 05:52:05 AM »
So they're doing the same thing as with DOT, alternating one of the "short" singles each night while the rest remains the same.

In the same vein as with the DOT tour, I expect them to add this album's AWE (Sleeping Giant) at some point too :P
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Trav86

« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2022, 06:56:47 AM »
Alternating IM and TT is cool with me. I like both songs and would be happy seeing either one. But a I don’t like either so much that I’d be disappointed not seeing one…if that makes sense.

As much as I love IF, I’d prefer the rest of the set to stay static. Hopefully that’s what they do.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2022, 08:28:11 AM »

Agreed.  I seriously want to see JP playing the IM solo live.  It's like one of my favorite moments on View.

One more vote for Invisible Monster.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2022, 08:30:15 AM »
Hmmm, St Louis is the 8th show, so if that rotation sticks, that means we'd get Transcending Time instead of Invisible Monster.  That might be enough to entice me to go, and would make up a touch for the bad beat on the last tour when we get saddled with Paralyzed instead of Fall into the Light (ugh).

Is that change last night confirmed?  setlist.fm still shows Invisible Monster as having been played last night.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2022, 08:33:40 AM »
Wait is setlist.fm wrong? I’m seeing Invisible Monsters for both shows
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Trav86

« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2022, 08:46:47 AM »
Yeah, it changed again lol.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2022, 09:15:50 AM »
 :rollin

If only we had a reliable source here from the Forums that could have went to a show. Or better yet, have video from the shows as evidence.

I'm surprised that there are not many full videos of the songs.

Offline Kram

« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »
That is incorrect.  Same setlist as Mesa.  No Transcending Time, I was there.  The show was great.  James was so so (not his best, not his worst).  Mangini, JM and JP crushed it.  JR seemed a bit uninterested at times (saw him yawning) - maybe he wasn't feeling well.  Overall setlist works well.  About to Crash was much better than I expected (was thinking it would be cool if they'd break out the full 6DOIT at some point).  MOLS does slog a bit but JP guitar parts are so good it kept me interested.  A View and TCOT were both great and a powerful way to end the night.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2022, 10:25:24 AM »
That is incorrect.  Same setlist as Mesa.  No Transcending Time, I was there.  The show was great.  James was so so (not his best, not his worst).  Mangini, JM and JP crushed it.  JR seemed a bit uninterested at times (saw him yawning) - maybe he wasn't feeling well.  Overall setlist works well.  About to Crash was much better than I expected (was thinking it would be cool if they'd break out the full 6DOIT at some point).  MOLS does slog a bit but JP guitar parts are so good it kept me interested.  A View and TCOT were both great and a powerful way to end the night.

Cool, that'll make bosk happy and me sad come Sunday, I was all for TT to take IM's spot, that song just doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully JLB will warm up instead of slide down between now and then.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2022, 11:07:36 AM »
Don't get me wrong--I like Transcending Time.  I just like Invisible Monster a bit more, and I think it will slay live.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2022, 11:17:48 AM »
James was so so

This is disappointing. The videos from the Mesa show are not very flattering either.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2022, 11:28:10 AM »
I think James will improve as the tour goes on and he gets his groove a bit - give it a few shows.
I’ve thought he’s sounded fine in videos I’ve seen though.