Author Topic: The Top of the World Tour 2022 v. Who's Goin'?  (Read 7381 times)

Offline geeeemo

Re: The Top of the World Tour 2022 v. Who's Goin'?
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2022, 10:45:00 AM »
I love listening to shows I've been to. It really helps to keep the memory.

I'm the same way. Only because I want to hear how they sounded on that night, flubs and all.

I was so happy that Redemption recorded their set at ProgPower, so I have a good sounding release from that show. Haven't really watched enough to search for myself, but I think I found myself in the audience shot they used for the inlay where the CD is housed.

I found a bootleg of Dream Theaters set during the Iron Maiden tour here in Albuquerque and I still listen to it. It's a great memory for my last time seeing MP with the band.

Is this why I love Distant Memories so much?   :biggrin:  My girlfriend who I just turned onto DT, and will be seeing them live for the first time in Houston, has the dvd.  She kept stopping play and finding me, taking a pic and sending to me. Lol! I am famous  - at least with her! lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2022, 12:42:55 PM »
I love listening to shows I've been to. It really helps to keep the memory.

I'm the same way. Only because I want to hear how they sounded on that night, flubs and all.

I was so happy that Redemption recorded their set at ProgPower, so I have a good sounding release from that show. Haven't really watched enough to search for myself, but I think I found myself in the audience shot they used for the inlay where the CD is housed.

I found a bootleg of Dream Theaters set during the Iron Maiden tour here in Albuquerque and I still listen to it. It's a great memory for my last time seeing MP with the band.

Is this why I love Distant Memories so much?   :biggrin:  My girlfriend who I just turned onto DT, and will be seeing them live for the first time in Houston, has the dvd.  She kept stopping play and finding me, taking a pic and sending to me. Lol! I am famous  - at least with her! lol

I did that with one of my friends, but I didn't take a picture because I was with other friends. We were watching the Hollywood Undead live dvd they filmed here in Albuquerque, and I laughed when they showed a good close shot of my friend for like 2 seconds. I even remember him saying he might be on the DVD because he was right by the camera. I told him, "I didn't know you were that close to them."  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline DT89

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2022, 10:43:08 PM »
I'll be at the Philly show on Tuesday. Show #16 for me!

Offline DTA

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2022, 10:03:40 PM »
Just saw them in Philly. This band is still incredible after doing this for so many years. I’m amazed at how much I enjoyed it and the new songs came off really well live.

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2022, 10:18:04 PM »
I ended up going to see them tonight in Philly. The last three songs were incredible and petrucci was killing it all night. Labrie was definitely a bit rough(if I’m being a straight shooter). He forgot the lyrics like 3 times to songs, was a bit out of time at places and seemed like he was running out of steam on songs. It really didn’t affect the concert much because the set list was not full of super vocally demanding songs. The one thing I will be critical of is the lead piped in vocals on a certain song(I don’t know if there’s spoilers here). It looks bad, it’s obvious it’s being done, and they should just drop the song for another song(just my opinion).

Just to reiterate, great show, lots of fun, tons of energy from the Philly crowd. Also arch echo was very tight and I was shocked when the keyboardist said that wasn’t their actual drummer because he was pretty well versed in the songs. Also, concert is very loud. Bring some ear protection. I was glad I brought it just in case.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:35:54 PM by jimgolf »

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2022, 10:29:22 PM »
I ended up going to see them tonight in Philly. The last three songs were incredible and petrucci was killing it all night. Labrie was definitely a bit rough(if I’m being a straight shooter). He forgot the lyrics like 3 times to songs, was a bit out of time at places and seemed like he was running out of steam on songs. It really didn’t affect the concert much because the set list was not a super vocally demanding song. The one thing I will be critical of is the lead piped in vocals on a certain song(I don’t know if there’s spoilers here). It looks bad, it’s obvious it’s being done, and they should just drop the song for another song(just my opinion).

I still can't wrap my head around THIS BAND using piped in vocals. Terribly embarrassing for a "first class band". :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Skeever

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2022, 08:38:05 AM »
I ended up going to see them tonight in Philly. The last three songs were incredible and petrucci was killing it all night. Labrie was definitely a bit rough(if I’m being a straight shooter). He forgot the lyrics like 3 times to songs, was a bit out of time at places and seemed like he was running out of steam on songs. It really didn’t affect the concert much because the set list was not full of super vocally demanding songs. The one thing I will be critical of is the lead piped in vocals on a certain song(I don’t know if there’s spoilers here). It looks bad, it’s obvious it’s being done, and they should just drop the song for another song(just my opinion).

Just to reiterate, great show, lots of fun, tons of energy from the Philly crowd. Also arch echo was very tight and I was shocked when the keyboardist said that wasn’t their actual drummer because he was pretty well versed in the songs. Also, concert is very loud. Bring some ear protection. I was glad I brought it just in case.

Where were you sitting? I didn't notice a thing from where I was at.

Offline jimgolf

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »
https://youtu.be/72SBThl5FpQ

Around 5:30 in the video.Maybe listen to a couple lines before to see the difference between the regular singing and the lines with the piped in lead vocals.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 05:56:07 PM by jimgolf »

Offline Eroma

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2022, 12:46:46 AM »
I wil be seeing DT in Luxembourg on May 15th. Looking forward.
And I just found out that Devin Townsend will be opening the evening. Should be intresting  :yarr

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2022, 11:52:51 PM »
Since my friend couldn't get off for the Mesa show, we decided to check out the Austin show.

We got seats in the balcony. So I'll be able to see the full production better, which was sort of difficult to fully take in up close, as I am short and the people in front were tall.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2022, 04:15:15 AM »
Gonna see them on May 27th in Zagreb. Taking my 2 (younger) brothers with me :metal it's my brother's first ever concert, just have to get him (and myself) some earplugs since they tend to be too loud, at least for me. The other brother was with me on DoT tour in Budapest, two years ago, was his first ever show as well ;D

I wil be seeing DT in Luxembourg on May 15th. Looking forward.
And I just found out that Devin Townsend will be opening the evening. Should be intresting  :yarr
Is there info what he'll be playing? I'm kinda fan of Devin but I nowhere near know his full discography.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2022, 06:43:27 AM »

Around 5:30 in the video.Maybe listen to a couple lines before to see the difference between the regular singing and the lines with the piped in lead vocals.

8:19 of that video is pretty bad.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2022, 07:00:29 AM »

At this point I don't get it ??? he's singing harder part after that (at least it sounds easier to me). If he need some time to prepare for that last part, why not just drop the song and play something that he's comfortable with? Answering the call maybe? Pls? :P
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2022, 09:22:12 AM »

At this point I don't get it ??? he's singing harder part after that (at least it sounds easier to me). If he need some time to prepare for that last part, why not just drop the song and play something that he's comfortable with? Answering the call maybe? Pls? :P

Is no one tired yet of beating this old dead horse?

Surely we can find better things to talk about.

I would LOVE to hear Answering the Call !!!!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2022, 09:32:22 AM »

If you really wanna bear witness to some pulverized horse, just head on over to any of the politics threads :corn

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2022, 01:34:11 PM »
Here in Austin hanging around until the show. Decided to take my friend here who couldn't see them when I went to Mesa.

Gonna be a great show being the last show of the US leg, and Arch Echo's last show with the band.

Offline MrMike

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2022, 03:16:05 PM »
After patiently waiting since July when I bought my front row mezzanine seat for Austin right when they went on sale, tonight's the night and I'm stoked!  Only my second ever DT show.  So glad they didn't postpone the leg a second time and that there's been no disruption in the revised schedule.  Felt for a while like it may not happen.

A bit disappointing to see so many seats still unsold, but I get that some people still aren't comfortable going to live shows.  Hope the band doesn't get discouraged by turnout and keeps coming back.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2022, 05:25:16 AM »
I live quite close to the venue they are playing (AFAS live in Amsterdam), so if there is a ticket available for cheap on the last day and I am off work in time, I am considering going alone.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »
I live quite close to the venue they are playing (AFAS live in Amsterdam), so if there is a ticket available for cheap on the last day and I am off work in time, I am considering going alone.

I went alone. I traveled 4 hours. I got front row! ...It was fun! :metal

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2022, 06:22:32 AM »
Tomorrow night, DT plays in Indonesia. Meanwhile, I’m in Australia and had tickets still owing from the Distance Over Time tour but will not be seeing them at all this tour. Who knows the next time they’re gonna be around this part of the world. Only thing I know for sure is we got screwed.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2022, 08:34:18 AM »
So does anyone think we'll get a fall leg in the US?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2022, 09:13:34 AM »
So does anyone think we'll get a fall leg in the US?
I believe it was mentioned that there would be a second leg, but not sure if that's for the fall given JP will be touring for his solo album. Maybe early next year?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2022, 05:44:40 AM »
Maybe early next year?

I'd be ok with that! I just know from the past they always add a few dates in my area (Northeast US) at the end. But with everything else going on you're likely correct.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2022, 09:08:50 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, but they debuted Pull me under on this tour last week in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3twO0xglM

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2022, 09:10:23 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, but they debuted Pull me under on this tour last week in Japan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3twO0xglM

Did they replace something with it or simply add it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2022, 09:40:35 AM »
It was a festival, so they took out About to crash and The Ministry, moved The Count to the regular part of the sat, and added Pull me under as an encore.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2022, 09:55:57 AM »
It was a festival, so they took out About to crash and The Ministry, moved The Count to the regular part of the sat, and added Pull me under as an encore.

They'll most likely do the same exact thing for Rock In Rio next month. And with MP playing at the same festival the same day, and all of them being on good/great terms again, I suspect he'll make some sort of appearance with the band during the encore.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Kram

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »

They'll most likely do the same exact thing for Rock In Rio next month. And with MP playing at the same festival the same day, and all of them being on good/great terms again, I suspect he'll make some sort of appearance with the band during the encore.
This is a bold prediction.  We'll see if you're right..

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2022, 12:53:06 PM »

If he does, he has to play Mangini's scaled down kit as well.  :lol

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2022, 02:16:33 PM »
This is a bold prediction.  We'll see if you're right..

I mean, after what happened in NYC (see profile pic :P) I'd say everything is fair game. I'm obviously not saying he'll rejoin or anything like that, but I'd bet they've planned something for that show.

If he does, he has to play Mangini's scaled down kit as well.  :lol

Yes :lol but that's quite similar to his LTE live kit or side 2 of his double kits, so it shouldn't be a problem. It'd be an issue if it was MM's big ambidextrous kit that has everything wired differently ;D
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2022, 12:35:26 PM »
So no tour books were ever released for this tour?