Author Topic: Montreal, March 1st 2022 Show  (Read 1103 times)

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
Montreal, March 1st 2022 Show
« on: March 02, 2022, 05:21:35 PM »
Saw DT last night in Montreal/Laval! It was an excellent show! I thought it was a tad bit too loud (a growing criticism of mine with rock/metal shows), but everyone was on fire, including JLB. I heard him struggle a bit with the first two songs, but then he slayed Awaken the Master and Endless Sacrifice, and continued to do so for the rest of the show. There was a part in About to Crash where he started singing the wrong part of the song and said something like "Oh shit! I'm in the wrong part"  :rollin :rollin (it was the second "and when she falls out of the sky", he started singing the "he'll be standing by" from earlier in the song)

The Count of Tuscany was amazing to see, the middle section sounded so great, I closed my eyes for a part of it just to get lost in it a bit. JP's guitar swells sounded so beautiful (aside from, as mentioned, the sound being a tad bit too loud and causing slightly painful reverb lol)

I didn't look up too many videos this time around, so hearing the transitions to and from songs was a nice treat, especially going into About to Crash. The transition to TMOLS was more abrupt, but I think it still worked pretty well.

Offline Architeuthis

Re: Montreal, March 1st 2022 Show
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 07:16:46 PM »
Awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed the show!  They are amazing this time around.

Btw, how was the opening band?  I think it was JLB's son on drums.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 07:18:30 PM »
Btw, how was the opening band?  I think it was JLB's son on drums.

Arch Echo didn't open?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure arch Echo didn't or couldn't be at the Canadian dates..
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline evilasiojr

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 07:29:19 AM »
Falset, Chance Labrie's band, was the opening act according to the shows posters.

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 07:57:36 AM »
Hi, I was at the show and really enjoyed it.  I agree that the sound was a bit too loud.  In fact, when DT started his show, I jumped off my seat hearing the first notes.  For sure, the loudest concert I saw but it was great from beginning to end.  Falset opened and they did very well and Labrie's son plays drums.  The singer is quite good.
With all respect, sincerely yours