Author Topic: The Top of the World Tour 2022 v. Who's Goin'?  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
The Top of the World Tour 2022 v. Who's Goin'?
« on: February 02, 2022, 05:11:18 AM »
I figured there isn't enough traffic in this forum to have a roll call for each city -- especially not mine.

Anywho, the famous Mrs. P and myself will be 2nd row center left on February 10th. I've been impressed with the local promoter hyping up the coming concert on the rock radio stations. Great advertisement and (without a doubt) the largest venue DT has ever played in SLC. I'll be interested to see the turnout. Tool packed The Maverick Center a month ago, but I doubt DT has the fanbase here to sell that many tickets. I may be wrong.

edit:

:lol

I was curious about how well the tickets have been selling and went to their website. Imagine a hockey stadium with the stage set all the way at the north end and the seating is the remainder of the stadium to the south. Not for DT, the stage is turned around and the available seating is just the small area at the north end! 80 percent of stadium is blocked off. Ya, something tells me the beer and merch lines will be pretty short for this show.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:48:11 AM by Podaar »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Top of the World Tour 2022 v. Who's Goin'?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 06:44:16 AM »
As of right now, I have tickets for March 5th, in CT. Front row, JP side. I am toying with the idea of seeing them the day before as well in NYC (March 4th), but not 100% sure yet.

Both shows seem to have a good amount of tickets available, maybe they will sell more as the date approaches
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:00:47 AM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:53:20 AM »
I will be at the Raleigh show!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ethebubbeth

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 08:59:12 AM »
I'll be at Mesa Center for the Arts tonight.  It'll be weird going in not knowing the setlist ahead of time.  AZ is practically never the first show of a tour!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 09:46:21 AM »
I'll be at Mesa Center for the Arts tonight.  It'll be weird going in not knowing the setlist ahead of time.  AZ is practically never the first show of a tour!
Will you be kind enough to feed us the play-by-play as it's happening?   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 10:02:35 AM »
I was curious about how well the tickets have been selling

Seeing them in Boston later this month. Unfortunately, there's still tons of tickets available.
Here's where they are at today..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 10:26:20 AM »
I have row 2 tickets on the edge of the stage, Myung side. Cincinnati. 2 weeks from today  :metal
Not sure how to post images, but there are tons of seats still available, unfortunately. I hope that changes as people see the hopefully good setlist and as the date gets closer.
I'm so excited.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 11:32:20 AM »
Ill be in Oakland front row center (a tad to the right).

Then Denver 3rd row center (my mom lives there so I'll take my son and have a little visit as well)

Then Houston 5th row center. I'll be taking my best friend, she is a new fan!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 12:33:43 AM »
I will be in the LA show at Microsoft Theater on Saturday.  Front row in the Lower Mezzanine Left Center area.  Aisle seat.  I should get a great view this time around.  No one in front of me and since I will be at a higher level, don't think anyone in any section will be blocking my view.

LA Live will be busy that day.  There's also a Lakers game about two hours before the show and a Super Bowl Experience event at the convention center and it's all around the theater.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 01:41:55 AM »
I will be at the Raleigh show!

Same here :)
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline ethebubbeth

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 01:47:33 AM »
Will you be kind enough to feed us the play-by-play as it's happening?   :biggrin:

I wanted to pay attention to the show so wasn't gonna be using my phone during it.  Someone already got the set posted at setlist.fm.  I looked it over and it's accurate.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 07:25:19 AM »
As of right now I'm tentatively planning on NY, CT, and Austin TX. I have a flight credit to use by the end of March and Leprous and DT are playing Austin in close proximity to each other :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
I will be in the LA show at Microsoft Theater on Saturday.  Front row in the Lower Mezzanine Left Center area.  Aisle seat.  I should get a great view this time around.  No one in front of me and since I will be at a higher level, don't think anyone in any section will be blocking my view.

LA Live will be busy that day.  There's also a Lakers game about two hours before the show and a Super Bowl Experience event at the convention center and it's all around the theater.

I've got sixth row pit on the aisle on JM's side.  I just checked on AXS for tickets, and it shows the entire pit, the entire loge and both mezzanine sections as either completely sold out or unavailable.  Center orchestra has only a handful of seats available.  The two sections on either side show as mostly sold out, but the two outside orchestra sections look to be only about 20-25% sold.  Interestingly, there's nothing on Stubhub in the mezzanine sections.

I still need to decide if I'm going to take the Metro or drive.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 03:03:29 AM »
I'll be at the Seattle (Kent) show on Feb 8th.  They are surprisingly playing a large arena which will allow them to crank up the volume a bit more. This should be interesting!   :metal :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Joshgirouard

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 09:17:11 AM »
I’ll be at the Toronto show 4 rows from petrucci. I really hope the Toronto shows happen due to COVID

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 12:49:44 PM »
Going to see the show tomorrow night.

Question: Tie-died 6 Degrees Tour shirt or Dramatic Turn of Events Tour shirt? Which should I wear?

Offline pg1067

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 12:52:59 PM »

Question: Tie-died 6 Degrees Tour shirt or Dramatic Turn of Events Tour shirt? Which should I wear?

SDOIT for sure.

I went with my Caress of Steel shirt, and JP acknowledged it when they were doing their edge of the stage rounds at the end of the show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline UndercoverMyung

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 02:35:14 PM »
I'll wear my only DT shirt to the show I'm going to.
The DoT tour shirt I got in 2019 at the Cincy show.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 03:35:17 PM »

SDOIT for sure.

I went with my Caress of Steel shirt, and JP acknowledged it when they were doing their edge of the stage rounds at the end of the show.

Six Degrees Tour Shirt it is. It's bright yellow so JP will be sure not to miss it.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2022, 02:41:32 PM »
Got an email from Ticketmaster today and they are offering 40% off selected seats through Monday for the Boston show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 02:55:47 PM »
Got an email from Ticketmaster today and they are offering 40% off selected seats through Monday for the Boston show.

Win.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2022, 06:14:09 AM »
Enjoyed the show last night. The band had a trainwreck in the first song, Alien, all equipment and sound system related. JLB took it in stride a made a joke about the band deciding to start the show with a selection from Spinal Tap.  :lol

Endless Sacrifice was probably the highlight of the show, judging by crowd reaction. The long technical pieces are wonderful for us music fans but they don't quite rock enough for a concert, IMO.

What didn't translate well, was The Ministry of Lost Souls, and I actually love that song. Neither did A View. A great piece on the record, but kinda boring in concert. It was literally the only song I saw people sitting down during.

Anyway, the band was tight, JLB didn't suck, the sound was good when it was working (although a bit loud, again) the crowd was awesome in spite of the lame venue. I missed not having other selections from the self titled album, the Astonishing, and DoT, but that's just a personal opinion. I went into the concert with a lot of trepidation. I was expecting this to be my last DT concert, but the guys won me over again 30 years later. I will go again.

Offline crystalstars17

• Fun Committee VP✨
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2022, 06:20:53 AM »
I will be at the show in Wallingford, CT on 3/5, eighth row center!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2022, 01:48:34 PM »
Enjoyed the show last night. The band had a trainwreck in the first song, Alien, all equipment and sound system related. JLB took it in stride a made a joke about the band deciding to start the show with a selection from Spinal Tap.  :lol

Endless Sacrifice was probably the highlight of the show, judging by crowd reaction. The long technical pieces are wonderful for us music fans but they don't quite rock enough for a concert, IMO.

What didn't translate well, was The Ministry of Lost Souls, and I actually love that song. Neither did A View. A great piece on the record, but kinda boring in concert. It was literally the only song I saw people sitting down during.

Anyway, the band was tight, JLB didn't suck, the sound was good when it was working (although a bit loud, again) the crowd was awesome in spite of the lame venue. I missed not having other selections from the self titled album, the Astonishing, and DoT, but that's just a personal opinion. I went into the concert with a lot of trepidation. I was expecting this to be my last DT concert, but the guys won me over again 30 years later. I will go again.

Awesome. Can't wait to go, myself.

Offline trial-of-tears

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2022, 02:39:59 PM »
Milwaukee on the 19th, can't wait, it's been too damn long since I've seen them live
"SLAYER"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2022, 03:24:31 PM »
I have a front row center ticket for Red Bank March 9th

I plan on going to CT on the 5th as well, probably won't buy a ticket until day of the show just in case covid hits or a snowstorm or something.  NYC on the 4th is another option, I usually enjoy seeing DT at the Beacon Theatre, but I feel like changing it up by going to CT will be nice plus it seems more DTFers going to that one.  Would be great if we could do a meet up since that's a Saturday show.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2022, 03:33:53 PM »
Denver tomorrow! 3rd row with my son. Very excited to go with him... DT USA Preshow! Rock Bottom Brewery 4-6.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2022, 04:45:40 PM »
March 6th, cohosting another preshow in DC at The Elephant & Castle from 4-7pm.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »

Wow! After hearing it, it's amazing they didn't train wreck. Mangini really held it together.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »
The SLC show is up on Dime. Sounds great!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=724613

Offline Ytsejammin

• The biggest DT freak in Idaho
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2022, 03:43:52 PM »
Regarding the SLC show: I am going to pass on a recording of it. JLB's performance was a little lackluster. Particularly during "Ministry" and "A View...". He made major lyric mistakes in both of those songs. Perhaps he was thrown off by the microphone issue during "The Alien"? I'm curious to see what fans say about Denver and later shows.

Still , however , it was a fantastic presentation. Arguably the coolest setlist since 2014. There were many refreshing moments. There was a great decorum to the whole thing. I didn't mind the venue.

I gotta say , Utah has some very interesting alcohol laws. I'm still adjusting to this when I travel through there.
Through natures inflexible grace , I\'m learning to live.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2022, 04:05:07 PM »
The SLC show is up on Dime. Sounds great!

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=724613
Thanks for the head's up Timmy!
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Trav86

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2022, 05:23:16 PM »
I’m going to the Dallas show.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2022, 07:19:14 PM »
Regarding the SLC show: I am going to pass on a recording of it. JLB's performance was a little lackluster. Particularly during "Ministry" and "A View...". He made major lyric mistakes in both of those songs. Perhaps he was thrown off by the microphone issue during "The Alien"? I'm curious to see what fans say about Denver and later shows.

Still , however , it was a fantastic presentation. Arguably the coolest setlist since 2014. There were many refreshing moments. There was a great decorum to the whole thing. I didn't mind the venue.

I gotta say , Utah has some very interesting alcohol laws. I'm still adjusting to this when I travel through there.

And they have gotten ten times more liberal in the last 20 years. Imagine pre winter Olympics in salt lake city....