Author Topic: Nashville question - has DT ever played the Ryman before?  (Read 919 times)

Offline Ayeegit

Nashville question - has DT ever played the Ryman before?
« on: January 26, 2022, 09:43:25 AM »
Was just in Nashville a few weeks ago, and had a chance to tour the Ryman Auditorium - a very cool historic building that the Grand Ole Opry called home for many decades before relocating to a more modern facility.

Was pretty surprised when I saw that DT was playing there on the upcoming tour, as it seemed like it would be a really unique setting. Made me wonder - have they played there before, or do they have other places they typically play in Nashville?

Offline Setlist Scotty

Re: Nashville question - has DT ever played the Ryman before?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 11:47:09 AM »
Judging by my records, they've only played Nashville twice before:
1993/05/22  Antioch (Nashville), TN (Starwood Ampitheatre)
2019/04/17  Nashville, TN (Tennessee Performing Arts Center)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:16:43 PM »

Thanks Scotty!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:51:13 AM »
Should be a great night!  Always good to see great bands in historic venues!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »

Looks like they've only EVER played four concerts in Tennessee.  In addition to those two:

Oct. 17 & 18, 2019 at the Tivoli Theatre in Chattanooga and Soundstage at Graceland in Memphis
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 06:00:03 AM »
They are actually going to play at the Grand Ole Opry House next to Opryland Hotel. The last time I was there was for Don Henley in the early 1980’s.  I recently saw Mastodon/Opeth at the Ryman downtown Nashville and Mastodon was great.  Opeth was ok.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 01:04:12 PM »
They are actually going to play at the Grand Ole Opry House next to Opryland Hotel. The last time I was there was for Don Henley in the early 1980’s.  I recently saw Mastodon/Opeth at the Ryman downtown Nashville and Mastodon was great.  Opeth was ok.

The upcoming show is at the Ryman (downtown) - some of the promotional material refers to it as the "Opry House", but they're not playing at the "new" Grand Ole Opry.

Offline Victimlas

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 09:08:02 AM »
The upcoming show is at the Ryman (downtown) - some of the promotional material refers to it as the "Opry House", but they're not playing at the "new" Grand Ole Opry.

I think the original date was at Ryman, but the new date shows Opry House at 2804 Opryland Drive, Nashville, TN 37214 https://www.opry.com/show/dream-theater/

Offline Ayeegit

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 09:16:29 AM »
Thanks guys - obviously I was wrong. As I mentioned earlier, my family and I were just in Nashville last month, and toured the Ryman - and it sure sounded like that's where they were actually playing. But yeah, doesn't appear to be the case.