Author Topic: QUEEN Discography- MONTREAL '81 in theaters near you  (Read 70956 times)

Offline Azyiu

Re: QUEEN Discography- 2004 and 2005 releases
« Reply #1435 on: December 28, 2022, 08:12:23 AM »

Speaking of A NIGHT AT THE OPERA, I actually have this 24K gold-plated version. It is supposed to sound better and clearer, but my stereo systems were never great enough to unleash its full quality, I guess?  :facepalm:  :lol
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2004 and 2005 releases
« Reply #1436 on: December 28, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »
I couldn't tell you the differences as well, but....of course, the wife has a copy :D

I still have the ADATR and NOTW versions.  I 'do know' that the guitars on 'All Dead All Dead' and 'It's Late' were clearly better, and the same goes with the BVs on 'Get Down Make Love'.  Will recheck when I go back through the discography again next year. :biggrin:
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2006 releases
« Reply #1437 on: December 28, 2022, 02:22:38 PM »
construction completed.....

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:31:10 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2007 releases
« Reply #1438 on: December 28, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:31:33 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1439 on: December 29, 2022, 05:38:13 AM »

Stone Cold Classics   

Released: 11 April 2006, USA (Hollywood)

Charts:  US Top Rock Albums #8, Billboard #45

Stone Cold Crazy / Tie Your Mother Down / Fat Bottomed Girls / Another One Bites the Dust /
Crazy Little Thing Called Love / We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions / Radio Ga Ga /
Bohemian Rhapsody / The Show Must Go On / These Are the Days of Our Lives / I Want It All /

along with......All Right Now (live Queen + Paul Rodgers) / Feel Like Makin' Love (live Queen + Paul Rodgers)

A compilation released in conjunction with the broadcast of an episode of 'American Idol', in which contestants performed songs from the Queen catalogue.  Guess it was also a way of introducing Paul Rodgers into the fold. 

Shocked!  Shocked I tell you…that this thing charted!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 11:52:22 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1440 on: December 29, 2022, 05:50:47 AM »
QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS   SUPER LIVE IN JAPAN

Released:  April 26, 2006 (Japan only)  EMI

(Highlights from the concert were later released in a CD & DVD issue of 'The Cosmos Rocks' in 2008.)

See comments on prior page

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:15:24 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1441 on: December 29, 2022, 06:02:42 AM »
FREDDIE MERCURY   Lover Of Life, Singer Of Songs

Released:  September 4, 2006, UK (Parlophone)

Charts:  UK #6
Italy #1, Europe #4, Spain #6, Austria #7, Norway #8, Hungary #9, Portugal #11, Germany #13, France #14, Sweden #14, Switzerland #16, Poland #24, Ireland #26, Netherlands #30, Czechoslavakia #31, Belgium #63

Certifications: Gold in UK
Gold in Italy and Spain

DVD
Charts: UK #1
#1 in Austria, Italy, Sweden
Hungary #2, Spain #2, Denmark #3, Belgium #5, Netherlands #5

Certifications:  Gold in UK
Gold in France and Spain
Platinum in Poland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lover_of_Life,_Singer_of_Songs

DISC ONE
In My Defence (2000 Dave Clark remix)
The Great Pretender
Living On My Own (1993 radio mix)
Made In Heaven
Love Kills
There Must Be More To Life Than This
Guide Me Home
How Can I Go On
Foolin' Around
Time
Barcelona
Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow
I Was Born To Love You
The Golden Boy
Mr. Bad Guy
The Great Pretender (Malouf remix)
Love Kills (Star Rider remix)
I Can Hear Music
Goin' Back
Guide Me Home (Thierry Lang version)

DISC TWO
Love Kills (Sunshine People radio mix)
Made In Heaven (extended version)
Living On My Own (The Egg remix)
Love Kills (Rank 1 remix)
Mr. Bad Guy (Bad Circulation version)
I Was Born To Love You (George Demure Almost Vocal mix)
My Love Is Dangerous (extended version)
Love Makin' Love (demo)
Love Kills (Pixel82 remix)
I Was Born To Love You (extended version)
Foolin' Around (early version)
Living On My Own (No More Brothers extended mix)
Love Kills (More Oder Rework by The Glimmers)
Your Kind Of Lover (vocal & piano version)
Let's Turn It On (a capella)

Released on what would have been Freddie’s 60th birthday.  Not sure how he’d feel about all the remixed abominations on this two disc overblown money grab.  Disc One is worthwhile (other than the ‘Love Kills’ remix (the first of five (?) on the two discs.  WTF!?!?!). 

Disc Two…..’Made in Heaven’ (extended version), ‘Love Makin’ Love (demo), and ‘Your Kind Of Lover’ (vocal & piano) are the only songs of note.  The rest….I can judge a book by its cover, and stayed clear of them without giving any of them five seconds of my time.

Others agreed:  https://queenpedia.com/index.php?title=Lover_Of_Life,_Singer_Of_Songs:_The_Very_Best_Of_Freddie_Mercury

Full disclosure:  we bought the one disc version.  Hey, it has a Dave Clark mix of ‘In My Defence’, the piano version of ‘Guide Me Home’ is lovely, and we liked the artwork on the cover.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:06:01 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1442 on: December 29, 2022, 11:54:18 AM »

The A–Z of Queen, Volume 1   
Released: July 10, 2007 USA (Hollywood)

CD track listing
A Kind of Magic / Another One Bites The Dust / Bohemian Rhapsody / Bicycle Race / I Want It All * /
Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Don't Stop Me Now / Fat Bottomed Girls * / Flash * / Innuendo /
Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
* single versions

DVD track listing
A Kind of Magic / Another One Bites the Dust (from Live at the Bowl) / Bohemian Rhapsody / I Want It All (from Return of the Champions) / Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Live at Wembley) / Don't Stop Me Now / Fat Bottomed Girls (from Return of the Champions) / Innuendo (original promo video)
Wembley Stadium Concert Interview

A to Z ????  The reason behind the track listings for it, and just the reason for this release was   ????? 

This was only released in the States (geesh......lucky us! :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn), and exclusive to Wal-Mart.  Well, we never shop there as is, and this wasn't a reason for us to start.

This is a CD and DVD set, with ringtones of 'Play The Game' and 'Good Old Fashioned Loverboy'.   :huh:

It is just as embarrassing to look at some of these crap offerings now as it was to read about them before and as they'd hit the market.   >:(

Geez.....at least there was never a 'Volume 2' ........ though I would have loved to have seen the track listing for that and Volume 3

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:16:39 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1443 on: December 29, 2022, 12:03:05 PM »
QUEEN ROCK MONTREAL

Released:  October 29, 2007 UK (EMI / Parlophone)as a double CD, Blu-ray, DVD, and triple vinyl in the UK and the following day in the US

Charts for the CD sales:
UK #20, Portugal #22, Germany #17, Austria #25, Italy #27, Switzerland #27, Spain #35, Netherlands #54, Belgium #62, Mexico #73, Ireland #88

Certifications:  Gold in Australia
DVD Charts:  UK #1
Italy #1, Portugal #1, Sweden #1, Norway #2, Belgium #3, Denmark #3, Austria #4, New Zealand #8, Australia #9

Certifications: Platinum in UK, 2x Platinum in USA
Gold in Australia and Switzerland
Platinum in Argentina, Germany, New Zealand, Poland, and Portugal
2x Platinum in  Canada

See page 20 for more details  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.665

DISC ONE
Intro / We Will Rock You (Fast) / Let Me Entertain You / Play the Game / Somebody to Love / Killer Queen / I'm in Love with My Car / Get Down, Make Love / Save Me / Now I'm Here / Dragon Attack /
Now I'm Here (Reprise) / Love of My Life

DISC TWO
Under Pressure / Keep Yourself Alive / Drum and Tympani Solo / Guitar Solo / Flash * /
The Hero * / Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Jailhouse Rock / Bohemian Rhapsody /
Tie Your Mother Down / Another One Bites the Dust / Sheer Heart Attack / We Will Rock You /
We Are the Champions / God Save the Queen

*not included on DVD because the film was tossed!  Grrrrr

The fourth or fifth release of this concert.  If at first you don’t succeed…..

To be honest, once Queen got control of the audio and video, they succeeded.  Though this was well worth it, we just bought the DVD and thank our County
library again for the CDs. 

A reminder:  the last time Queen performed as a four piece band. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:18:56 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2008 releases
« Reply #1444 on: December 29, 2022, 12:08:33 PM »

IN VISION 2008

Released:  February 28, 2008, Japan (EMI)

It's A Beautiful Day
I Was Born To Love You
Somebody To Love
Don't Stop Me Now
Bicycle Race
Killer Queen
Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)
Flash's Theme (2007 High Octane Mix)
Bohemian Rhapsody
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

These were songs used in TV ads in Japan.  Not to be confused with their 'In Vision' Japanese release of 2000, it's track listing also from songs in TV ads
in Japan.  That release contained six songs on this release. Well, I'm not confused....I don't really care.

considering this scan, maybe 'Blurred Vision' was a hidden track ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:25:49 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1445 on: December 29, 2022, 12:10:10 PM »
QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS   THE COSMOS ROCKS

Released:  September 2008, UK (Parlophone EMI), US (Hollywood)

Charts:  UK #5, US #47
Czechoslavakia #4, Germany #4, Switzerland #5, Italy #6, Netherlands #8, Austria #11, Finland #15, Hungary #15, Belgium #16, Spain #20, Croatia #22, Poland #22, Denmark #24, Sweden #24, Portugese #25, France #28, Norway #31, Ireland #47, Australia #49

Certifications:  Silver in UK, Gold in Russia

More details on prior page

Cosmos Rockin'   / Time to Shine / Still Burnin' / Small  / Warboys / We Believe / Call Me /
Voodoo /    Some Things That Glitter /    C-lebrity / Through the Night / Say It's Not True / Surf's Up... School's Out! / Small (Reprise)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:26:26 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1446 on: December 29, 2022, 12:10:52 PM »
The SINGLES COLLECTION  Volume 1

Released:  November 17, 2008, UK (Parlophone/EMI)

Special (?) collector’s box set, containing Queen’s first 13 worldwide Top 40 charting singles, including B-sides, on 13 discs.

One can go to http://www.ultimatequeen.co.uk/  and then Queen discography / boxsets for the pictures of the front and backs of all thirteen sleeves.

Keep Yourself Alive / Son and Daughter
Seven Seas of Rhye / See What a Fool I've Been
Killer Queen / Flick of the Wrist
Now I'm Here / Lily of the Valley
Bohemian Rhapsody / I'm in Love with My Car
You're My Best Friend / '39
Somebody to Love / White Man
Tie Your Mother Down / You and I
 (Queen's First E.P.)  Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy  /  Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...) / Tenement Funster / White Queen (As It Began)
We Are the Champions / We Will Rock You
Spread Your Wings / Sheer Heart Attack
Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls (single version)
Don't Stop Me Now / In Only Seven Days

I could almost….almost see purchasing ONE disc with these songs, along with a nice picture book of the various sleeves.  At least the artwork is fairly nice for once.

Queenpedia.com correctly tears Queen Productions a new one with their review
https://queenpedia.com/index.php?title=The_Singles_Collection_-_Volume_1

just a snippet:  "There is absolutely no reason to shell out hard-earned cash on this dross, especially during a time when the economy is in such a crisis that spending £40 on a box set should get you your money's worth."  and   "My advice: spend your £40 on a band who truly deserves it, on a band who's up and coming, on a band who thrives on integrity. Go see a live show, take the missus out for dinner, or give your money to a charity. This is a wasted opportunity that doesn't even deserve to lick the boots of Greatest Hits III. 10 for the music, of course, but -10 for execution. Lucky for us that we have three more similar boxes to look forward to."

Currently available from Amazon, anywhere from $100 (used) to $240 (new)
https://www.amazon.com/Singles-Collection-Queen/dp/B001GRY5YI

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:34:43 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2009 releases
« Reply #1447 on: December 29, 2022, 12:11:34 PM »

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS   LIVE IN UKRAINE  (CD and DVD)

Performed:  September 12, 2008, Freedom Square, Kharkov, Ukraine
Attendance:  350,000

Released:  June 9, 2009 UK (Parlophone EMI), September 1, 2009 US (Hollywood)
Charts:  UK #65, USA Top Rock Albums #44, Billboard #111   

more details on prior page                        

DISC ONE
One Vision - Tie Your Mother Down - The Show Must Go On - Fat Bottomed Girls - Another One Bites the Dust - Hammer to Fall - I Want It All -
I Want to Break Free - Seagull - Love of My Life (Brian LV) - '39  (Brian LV) - Drum Solo - I'm in Love with My Car  (Roger LV) - Say It's Not True  (Roger, Brian, and Paul LVs)

DISC TWO
Shooting Star - Bad Company - Guitar Solo - Bijou (LVs by Mercury via tape) - Last Horizon - Crazy Little Thing Called Love - C-lebrity - Feel Like Makin' Love -
Bohemian Rhapsody (Paul and Pre-recorded vocals by Mercury) - Cosmos Rockin' - All Right Now - We Will Rock You - We Are the Champions -
God Save the Queen                                      
- A Kind Of Magic, Radio Ga Ga, and Wishing Well were all omitted
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:20:56 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1448 on: December 29, 2022, 12:12:00 PM »
The SINGLES COLLECTION  Volume 2

Released:  June 15, 2009, UK (Parlophone/EMI)

Love of My Life (Live) / Now I'm Here (Live)
Crazy Little Thing Called Love / We Will Rock You (Fast) (Live)
Save Me / Let Me Entertain You (Live)
Play the Game / A Human Body
Another One Bites the Dust / Dragon Attack
Flash Theme / Football Fight
Under Pressure / Soul Brother
Body Language / Life Is Real
Las Palabras de Amor (Words Of Love) / Cool Cat
Calling All Girls / Put Out the Fire
Back Chat (Single Remix) / Staying Power
Radio Ga Ga / I Go Crazy
I Want to Break Free (Single Version) / Machines (Or 'Back to Humans')
Well, if you spent a bunch of money on ‘The Singles Collection Volume 1’, you had about six months to save up for yet another ‘special collectors’ edition’ box set, this time of their next thirteen single releases.  Once again, each comes in its own sleeve.  And once again, the artwork is OK.

The collection is notable for containing tracks that have never before been officially released on CD, namely 'A Human Body' (previously only available as a 7" vinyl b-side) and 'Back Chat' (which was remixed for single release, and has only ever been available on the original 7"). The live tracks are taken from 'Live Killers'.

The first paragraph of Queenpedia.com's review: Picking up where the downright embarrassing The Singles Collection - Volume 1 left off, Volume 2 collected the singles released between June 1979 and April 1984 – as long as they were a Top 30 hit anywhere in the world, amended slightly from the original vision of a Top 30 hit in the UK or US. (This accounts for the inclusion of the live version of Love Of My Life, which peaked at a disappointing #63 in the UK, but topped the Argentine and Brazilian charts.)

their closing paragraph:  "It's still difficult to decide who, exactly, these boxes are geared toward. Die-hard fans want everything included (which, for this box, would have meant not only Mustapha, Jealousy, and We Will Rock You, but also the instrumental and U.S. radio versions of Radio Ga Ga, as well as the instrumental remix of Machines (Or 'Back To Humans'). Casual fans would balk at the price and the relative obscurity of the B-sides, instead opting to pick up any number of existing compilation albums – or the then-forthcoming Absolute Greatest. So why Queen Productions had to pander to the masses, instead of offering die-hard fans anything worthwhile, is another one of those frustrating mysteries that no one has yet been able to explain satisfactorily. But oh, the abomination was far from complete..."

https://queenpedia.com/index.php?title=The_Singles_Collection_-_Volume_2

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:49:20 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1449 on: December 29, 2022, 12:13:22 PM »
ABSOLUTE GREATEST
Released: November 16, 2009, UK (Parlophone), USA (Hollywood)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Greatest

Charts:  UK #3 (total of 39 weeks!)
Scotland #3, Hungary #4, Portugal #4, Sweden #5, Denmark #6, Norway #6, Ireland #9, Austria #10, France #11, Switzerland #15, Australia #18, Spain #20, Italy #21, Belgium #22, Mexico #22, Germany #23

New Zealand #4, Belgium #15, Netherlands #36

Finland #15

Canada #10

Certifications:   2x Platinum in UK
Gold in Australia, Denmark,  Italy, Poland, Portugal
Platinum in Hungary, Ireland, New Zealand

We Will Rock You /We Are the Champions / Radio Ga Ga / Another One Bites the Dust / I Want It All * /
Crazy Little Thing Called Love / A Kind of Magic / Under Pressure / One Vision * / You're My Best Friend / Don't Stop Me Now /
Killer Queen / These Are the Days of Our Lives / Who Wants to Live Forever (edit) / Seven Seas of Rhye / Heaven for Everyone * /
Somebody to Love / I Want to Break Free * / The Show Must Go On / Bohemian Rhapsody

* single versions

This one was surprising as to its worldwide sales.  Then I read the details from ultimatequeen.uk:

"This album features Queen's 20 greatest tracks (?) and was available as a single CD, double CD, double CD book, and triple LP set. It was re-released in Germany in 2016 on CD and as a double white vinyl LP, in slightly different artwork, which was exclusive to the Tchibo website.

The double CD and book releases feature a second disc titled 'Absolute Narrative', lasting 42:06, which features commentary by Brian May and Roger Taylor about each track. For this, each track has been edited.

The book and LP editions included a unique code which could be used on the QueenOnline website to give access to online streams of 18 live performances, several of them exclusive to the release."

Always clever, those folks at Queen Productions, finding newer ways to milk that golden goose.  And it did manage to not include one of their three #1 hits ('Innuendo')

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:47:25 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2010 releases
« Reply #1450 on: December 30, 2022, 05:57:07 AM »

The SINGLES COLLECTION  Volume 3

Released:  May 31, 2010

It's a Hard Life  / Is This the World We Created...?
Hammer to Fall (Single Version) / Tear It Up
Thank God It's Christmas / Man on the Prowl / Keep Passing the Open Windows
One Vision (Single Version) / Blurred Vision
A Kind of Magic / A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling
Friends Will Be Friends / Princes of the Universe
Pain Is So Close to Pleasure (Single Remix) / Don't Lose Your Head
Who Wants to Live Forever (Single Version) / Forever
One Year Of Love / Gimme The Prize
I Want It All (Single Version) / Hang On in There
Breakthru / Stealin'
The Invisible Man / Hijack My Heart
Scandal / My Life Has Been Saved (Original Version)

queenpedia.com review  https://queenpedia.com/index.php?title=The_Singles_Collection_-_Volume_3
"Trucking right through the disappointing Singles Collection series, Volume 3 is perhaps the most interesting of the bunch, because Queen started to wise up (a bit) and give fans some extra bang for their hard-earned buck" to start, but finishing with

"At the risk of sounding like a broken record, however, the opportunity for extended remixes should have been taken advantage of, as these particular single releases spawned some of the more interesting extended remixes, especially Hammer To Fall, Pain Is So Close To Pleasure, Friends Will Be Friends, Breakthru, and Scandal. And, as before, the lack of liner notes is just baffling. But, considering the pointlessness of the first two boxes, this one just barely ekes into the category of 'If You Have A Spare £40 Sitting Around And Need To Blow It On Something Then This Might Not Be A Complete Waste Of Money.'"

The set marks the first time that "Blurred Vision" and the single mix of "Pain Is So Close to Pleasure" have been made available on CD.  ‘Stealin’’ and ‘My Life Has Been Saved’ were originally available on the vinyl and CD singles, but were not included as bonuses on ‘The Miracle’ LP. 

Also, ‘Seven Seas of Rhye’ was the original B-side of ‘Friends Will Be Friends’.  A nice correction was made by using ‘Princes Of The Universe’. 

Again, all CDs come in their own sleves with original artwork.  And, yet again, this was another bloated offering. At least there was a one year gap after Volume 2 to save the money up for this unnecessary release.  But we're not quite done yet.......

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:48:59 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
QUEEN discography - 2010 releases
« Reply #1451 on: December 30, 2022, 06:11:46 AM »
The SINGLES COLLECTION Volume 4

Released: October 10, 2010, UK (Parlophone/EMI)

The Miracle / Stone Cold Crazy (Live At The Rainbow '74)
Innuendo / Bijou
I'm Going Slightly Mad / The Hitman
Headlong / All God's People
The Show Must Go On / Queen Talks
Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are the Days of Our Lives
Heaven for Everyone (Single Version) / It's A Beautiful Day (non album B Side Version)
A Winter's Tale / Rock In Rio Blues (UK Single Version)
Too Much Love Will Kill You / I Was Born to Love You
Let Me Live / We Will Rock You (Live At Wembley '86) / We Are the Champions (Live At Wembley '86)
You Don't Fool Me (Edit) / You Don't Fool Me
No-One but You (Only the Good Die Young) / We Will Rock You (The Rick Rubin 'Ruined' Remix) / Gimme The Prize (Instrumental Remix for 'The eYe')
Under Pressure (Rah Mix) / Under Pressure (Mike Spencer Remix) / Under Pressure (Live At Knebworth)

‘Lost Opportunity’, the original non album B side of ‘I’m Going Slightly Mad’ was not used. :huh:  A nice touch to replace ‘Fat Bottomed Girls’ and ‘Bicycle Race’, the original B sides of ‘Let Me Live’, with the live versions of WWRY/WATC from Wembley. 

Everyone was crying for the Rick Rubin version of WWRY to find its way onto something again  NOT  :tdwn

And everyone wanted those Under Pressure versions.  :tdwn

And, queenpedia.com didn't even bother giving this one a review.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:50:48 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2011 reissues w/ bonus discs
« Reply #1452 on: December 30, 2022, 07:58:59 AM »

Queen announced that they were leaving EMI for Universal Music.  There was much excitement at the time with this announcement, with hopes of what might finally get unlocked and released from the vaults. 

What we would end up with throughout the year was the complete studio catalogue remastered and reissued, with each release containing a  bonus disc of various demos, alternate versions, and live tracks.  ‘You can’t please everyone’….but these reissues were generally incomplete or lacking on truly making the extra discs 'bonuses'.  Most could have simply added the bonus songs onto the original studio material to fit onto one disc.  This would have saved the buying public some money  Oh, well.

Oh, and the fleecing would still continue with yet additional unnecessary releases.

As is, New Year’s Day would kick the year off with the 'Greatest Hits I and II' releases.  The first five studio albums would be released in March, the following five on June 27th September 5th (of course)

Sadly (for me), ‘Live Killers’ was not reissued.  So, no officially released ‘polished’ live versions of ‘Somebody To Love’, ‘If You Can’t Beat Them’, ‘Fat Bottomed Girls’, and ‘It’s Late’ exist from that tour.  Pity.

‘Live At The Beeb’, the single album released by the Band of Joy off shoot company in 1989, was also not reissued.

The prior writeups can be found here for :

Page 19  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.msg2893167#msg2893167

Page 33  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.1120

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:24:30 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:24:48 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2011 releases
« Reply #1454 on: December 30, 2022, 09:05:13 AM »
as always, with the good comes the  :huh:

Deep Cuts, Volume 1    

Released: 14 March 2011, UK (Island)
Charts:  UK #92
Spain #90

Ogre Battle
Stone Cold Crazy
My Fairy King
I'm in Love with My Car
Keep Yourself Alive
Long Away
The Millionaire Waltz
'39
Tenement Funster
Flick of the Wrist
Lily of the Valley
Good Company
The March of the Black Queen
In the Lap of the Gods... Revisited

From Queenpedia:  “With the news that Queen were jumping ship from EMI to Universal Music, fans immediately salivated over what bountiful treasures would finally be unearthed on future reissue programs. Universal were well-known for their attention to detail and completeness with other artists' reissues, and certainly the same would be held true with their latest acquisition. (Little did fans know that Universal all but begged Queen Productions for unlimited access, but were denied outright.) The first step in an aggressive 40th anniversary campaign was to entice new fans who were familiar only to Queen's greatest hits, and Deep Cuts: Volume One 1973-1976, compiled by Brian, Roger, and Foo Fighter Taylor Hawkins, is a mostly successful insight into what lay beyond Bohemian Rhapsody and Killer Queen.

Naturally, it would be easy to quibble with the tracklisting, and each fan is going to have his or her own opinions on what should have been included – although the omissions of ‘White Queen (As It Began)’ and ‘You And I’ are downright inexcusable, and calling ‘Keep Yourself Alive’ a deep cut is utterly confounding – and perhaps some standalone edits of ‘Tenement Funster’, ‘Flick Of The Wrist’, and ‘Lily Of The Valley’ would have been more enticing. (The two unique edits, of ‘Ogre Battle’ and ‘The March Of The Black Queen’, are interesting, if inessential.) But for what it is, Deep Cuts: Volume One 1973-1976 is an attractive and well-constructed compilation that gave some hope to the fanbase that QPL was finally listening.”

A new and ‘complete’ ending for ‘The March Of The Black Queen’ was created for this issue.  Thanks to youtube, it did provide a nice way to complete my ‘Queen On Air’ version.  That said, this just continued the pile after pile of garbage being thrown out to the Stepfords to purchase.  :tdwn :tdwn :tdwn

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 12:56:00 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:25:18 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: December 30, 2022, 11:50:04 AM »
Deep Cuts, Volume 2    

Released: 27 June 2011, UK (Island)

Charts:  UK #175

Mustapha
Sheer Heart Attack
Spread Your Wings
Sleeping on the Sidewalk
It's Late
Rock It (Prime Jive)
Dead on Time
Sail Away Sweet Sister
Dragon Attack
Action This Day
Put Out the Fire
Staying Power
Jealousy
Battle Theme

They should have had Taylor Hawkins help them on the songs and the track listings.  Queenpedia didn't even bother to comment on this one.

Yet another  :huh: and  :tdwn

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:00:18 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:25:49 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1458 on: December 30, 2022, 11:50:40 AM »
Deep Cuts Volume 3

Released: September 5, 2011, UK (Island)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Cuts,_Volume_3_(1984%E2%80%931995)

Made In Heaven
Machines (Or 'Back To Humans')
Don't Try So Hard
Tear It Up
I Was Born To Love You
A Winter's Tale
Ride The Wild Wind
Bijou
Was It All Worth It
One Year Of Love
Khashoggi's Ship
Is This The World We Created...?
The Hitman
It's A Beautiful Day (Reprise)
Mother Love

Again, ....where was Taylor Hawkins? ;)  Where was the art director?  Where were their senses? 

The end of this 'Deep Dive' into everyone's pockets segment.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:03:26 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2012 releases
« Reply #1459 on: December 30, 2022, 11:51:08 AM »

All's quiet on the Queen front for a while (perhaps to give people time to purchase and listen to all those reissues....).  No needless compilations as well! :tup 

FREDDIE MERCURY   BARCELONA  Special Edition

Released: September 11, 2012

Page 30 for details of the original release  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.1015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcelona_(Freddie_Mercury_and_Montserrat_Caball%C3%A9_album  (scroll down for the 2012 release)

Musicians
Freddie Mercury – lead vocals and backing vocals, piano, arrangements
Montserrat Caballé – lead vocals and backing vocals
Mike Moran – keyboards, programming, arrangements
John Deacon – bass guitar ("How Can I Go On")
‘Barcelona’:
Homi Kanga – violin, Laurie Lewis – violin, Deborah Ann Johnston – cello, Barry Castle – French horn,
Frank Ricotti – percussion
Backing vocals on ‘The Golden Boy’:
Madeline Bell, Dennis Bishop, Lance Ellington, Miriam Stockley, Peter Straker, Mark Williamson, Carol Woods
There are others, including Roger's son Rufus on drums

DISC ONE  – New orchestrated album
Barcelona – 5:43
La Japonaise – 4:52
The Fallen Priest – 5:46
Ensueño – 4:22
The Golden Boy – 6:04
Guide Me Home – 2:50
How Can I Go On – 3:49
Exercises in Free Love – 3:57
Overture Piccante – 6:47
How Can I Go On [Bonus Track featuring David Garrett] – 3:56

DISC TWO – The Best of the Rarities and Session Outtakes
Exercises in Free Love [1987 B-side] – 4:26
Barcelona [Early Version: Freddie's Demo Vocal] – 4:21
La Japonaise [Early Version: Freddie's Demo Vocal] – 4:41
Rachmaninov's Revenge (The Fallen Priest) [Later Version: Freddie's Demo Vocal] – 5:51
Ensueño [Monsterrat's Live Takes] – 5:36
The Golden Boy [Early Version: Freddie's Demo Vocal] – 3:54
Guide Me Home [Alternative Version] – 2:50
How Can I Go On [Alternative Version] – 4:03
How Can I Go On [Alternative Piano Version] – 3:44

DISC THREE – Album orchestral version
Barcelona – 5:39
La Japonaise – 4:51
The Fallen Priest – 5:47
Ensueño – 4:01
The Golden Boy – 6:03
Guide Me Home – 2:50
How Can I Go On – 3:37
Exercises in Free Love – 3:57
Overture Piccante – 6:43
(‘Ensueño consists only of Moran's (original) piano part. No backing vocals are featured on any of the tracks.

DISC FOUR – DVD

Club Ibiza Performance
Barcelona
La Nit Barcelona Performance
Barcelona
How Can I Go On
The Golden Boy
Barcelona [Classic Video]
Barcelona [The Special Edition EPK]
Barcelona [2012 Edit by Rhys Thomas]

I was very much looking forward to this release.  A real ‘orchestra’ replacing the synthesizers.  Sadly, some of the ‘oomph’ was lost, and there were points where Freddie’s vocals were lowered, which obviously took away some of the power of his performance.

We only purchased the one disc version.  Disc Two would be an absolute fantastic bonus for those who did not purchase ‘The Solo Collection’ box set in 2000.  Those demos are stunning, and the ‘Guide Me Home’ / ‘How Can I Go On’ alternate versions tug at my emotions more than anything of his that was released.

The instrumentals are ‘nice’…..but, when Freddie’s and Montserrat’s vocals are removed, they’re simply not going to be as good.

All in all, the effort is here, the thought behind it all is evident, and this release did provide a bang for your buck.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:11:44 AM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2012 releases
« Reply #1460 on: December 30, 2022, 11:51:25 AM »
HUNGARIAN RHAPSODY

Released:  September 20, 2012, UK (Island Records), USA (Hollywood Records)
Venue   Népstadion, Budapest, Hungary, 1986

Charts: 2012–19
Hungary #7, Germany #23, Italy #29, Netherlands #44, Belgium #90

DVD
Charts: 2012   
Austria and Belgium #1, Itally #5, Denmark #6, Spain #7, Australia and Sweden #8, Switzerland and The Netherlands #10

DVD certifications:  Gold in Hungary, Platinum in Poland

* Originally released in 1987 in the UK (VHS only), Japan (VHS and Laserdisc), Germany (Laserdisc only) and Russia (VHS only)

Page 28  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.945

CD DISC ONE
One Vision / Tie Your Mother Down (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / In the Lap of the Gods... Revisited / Seven Seas of Rhye /
Tear It Up / A Kind of Magic / Under Pressure / Another One Bites the Dust (omitted on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Who Wants to Live Forever / I Want to Break Free (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Looks Like It's Gonna Be a Good Night (omitted on DVD and Blu-ray)  * / Guitar Solo (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Now I'm Here

DISC TWO
Love of My Life (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Tavaszi Szél Vizet Áraszt (Traditional) / Is This the World We Created...? /
(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care (omitted on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Hello Mary Lou (omitted on DVD and Blu-ray) * /
Tutti Frutti (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Bohemian Rhapsody / Hammer to Fall / Crazy Little Thing Called Love (edited on DVD and Blu-ray) * / Radio Ga Ga / We Will Rock You / Friends Will Be Friends / We Are the Champions / God Save the Queen
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:26:37 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2013 releases
« Reply #1461 on: December 30, 2022, 11:51:47 AM »

ICON   

Released: 11 June 2013, USA and Canada only (Hollywood Records)

Charts:  USA Hard Rock Albums #22
Canada #8

Certification:  Platinum in Canada

Stone Cold Crazy
Tie Your Mother Down (includes the ‘A Day at the Races’ intro….)
Fat Bottomed Girls
Another One Bites the Dust
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions
Radio Ga Ga
Bohemian Rhapsody
I'm in Love with My Car
I Want It All
The Show Must Go On

I never knew this existed until this year.  What the idea was behind its release, or its track listing, is anybody’s guess.  It says on ultimatequeen that it was a limited edition release, yet it charted and went Platinum?  No idea as to that as well.

Of note, in November, Roger Taylor's 'The Lot, a twelve CD, one DVD box set of his solo and The Cross albums is released.  That will be mentioned later under his releases of this century.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:26:50 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2014 releases
« Reply #1462 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:02 AM »

LIVE AT THE RAINBOW

Released:  September 8, 2014, UK (Virgin/EMI), USA (Hollywood)
Char
ts:  UK #11, US Hard Rock Albums #5, Billboard #66

Netherlands #7, Germany #9, Austria #12, Scotland #12, Belgium #13, Italy #15, Spain #17, Switzerland #19, Portugal #22, Hungary #34, Finland #40, Ireland #54, France #55

US Billboard Video Sales #2

The one disc offering has the November ’74 show from the ‘Sheer Heart Attack’ tour.   The 2 CD offering includes their March ’74 show from the Queen II tour.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_the_Rainbow_%2774

More details for the March ’74, page 4    https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.105

For November ’74, page 5    https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.140

QUEEN II Tour, March '74
Procession / Father To Son / Ogre Battle / Son And Daughter / Guitar Solo /  Son And Daughter (reprise) / White Queen (As It Began) / Great King Rat / The Fairy Feller's Masterstroke /  Keep Yourself Alive / Drum Solo /  Keep Yourself Alive (reprise) / Seven Seas Of Rhye / Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll / Jailhouse Rock / Stupid Cupid / Be Bop A Lula (medley) / Liar / See What A Fool I've Been

SHEER HEART ATTACK Tour, November '74
Procession / Now I'm Here / Ogre Battle / Father To Son / White Queen (As It Began) / Flick Of The Wrist /  In The Lap Of The Gods / Killer Queen / The March Of The Black Queen / Bring Back That Leroy Brown / Son And Daughter / Guitar Solo / Son And Daughter (reprise) /  Keep Yourself Alive / Drum Solo / Keep Yourself Alive (reprise) / Seven Seas Of Rhye / Stone Cold Crazy / Liar / In The Lap Of The Gods.... Revisited /  Big Spender / Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll / Jailhouse Rock / God Save The Queen

Finally!!!!  OK, now we're talking!!! :tup

From the prior write ups, what Queen fans and Queeniacs had been waiting on for much too long.  Both shows are superb!

and then two months later........

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:27:05 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2014 releases
« Reply #1463 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:17 AM »
QUEEN FOREVER   

Released:  November 14, 2014, UK (Virgin EMI), USA (Hollywood)

Charts:  UK #5, USA #38
South Korea #2, Poland #2, Netherlands #3, Israel #4, Switzerland #4, US Hard Rock #4, Italy #5, Belgium #6, Scotland #6, Germany #7, Austria #8, Czechoslavakia #8, Spain #8, Canada, #11, France #12, Portugal #12, Denmark #15, Japan #16, Ireland #18, New Zealand #18, Sweden #28, Australia #35,
Finland #36

Certifications:  Gold in UK, Germany, Italy, Poland

Singles:
Let Me In Your Heart Again  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWzeNnq1-rA 

Love Kills  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPdU_07YZY

Some details, Page 40    https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.1365

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Forever 
Yet again, another one or two disc purchase option for the completists...and, of course, a limited edition vinyl box set  :tdwn

Let Me In Your Heart Again / Love Kills - The Ballad / There Must Be More To Life Than This (with Michael Jackson) / It's A Hard Life /
You're My Best Friend / Love Of My Life / Drowse / Long Away / Lily Of The Valley / Don't Try So Hard / Bijou / These Are The Days Of Our Lives /
Las Palabras De Amor (The Words Of Love) / Who Wants To Live Forever / A Winter's Tale / Play The Game / Save Me / Somebody To Love /
Too Much Love Will Kill You / Crazy Little Thing Called Love

DELUXE EDITION
DISC ONE:
Let Me In Your Heart Again / Love Kills - The Ballad / There Must Be More To Life Than This (with Michael Jackson) / Play The Game / Dear Friends /
You're My Best Friend / Love Of My Life / Drowse / You Take My Breath Away / Spread Your Wings / Long Away / Lily Of The Valley / Don't Try So Hard /
Bijou / These Are The Days Of Our Lives / Nevermore / Las Palabras De Amor (The Words Of Love) / Who Wants To Live Forever

DISC TWO
I Was Born To Love You / Somebody To Love / Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Friends Will Be Friends / Jealousy / One Year Of Love / A Winter's Tale /
'39 / Mother Love /  It's A Hard Life / Save Me /  Made In Heaven / Too Much Love Will Kill You / Sail Away Sweet Sister (To The Sister I Never Had) /
The Miracle / Is This The World We Created? /  In The Lap Of The Gods.... Revisited /  Forever

There’s also an extended version of ‘Let Me In’ that was ruined by William Orbit available in the deluxe edition or as a single release.  It is available on youtube if you need to hear it (I don’t ever again).

And then, there’s this:
From the ‘Hot Space’ sessions, which then became a duet with Michael Jackson
There Must Be More To Life Than This  (Wm Orbit  mix), in which the Jackson estate did not give full control to Brian and Roger   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FrrzXH0exU

And then ……was it really necessary to do a one CD/double album release AND two disc / 4 LP ‘Deluxe Edition’?  Of course not, other than for money. And, you get 'too much of the mellow side of Queen' (per Roger).

You do get the three 'new' releases, two of which are absolutely worth the price.  There are also stand alone versions of ‘Lily Of The Valley’ and ‘Nevermore’, and ‘Play The Game’, minus the synth intro, which makes for a nice change.

Want a change of pace, and a slightly different version of ‘The Game’ LP?  Start it with the ‘It’s A Beautiful Day’ demo, and then use this version instead of the album version.

Oh, the cover art:  it's simple, quiet nice, and rather odd.  The drawings of Brian and Roger are from the  ‘A Day at the Races’ vinyl sleeve in ‘76, Freddie from the ‘Greatest Hits’ cover in ’81, and John seems a combination of 1980 and ?????

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:27:20 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2015 releases
« Reply #1464 on: December 30, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »

All the studio albums were reissued on vinyl, taken from the 2011 remasters (GH I and II were released in 2016).  Most are currently available at queenonline …anywhere from $15-50. 

I’m sure the completists were either salivating or groaning.  Then again, for the younger folk or those who wanted to complete their collections, or just prefer vinyl, I guess this made sense.

and then, in time for the holidays, we have....

A NIGHT AT THE ODEON

Released: November 20, 2015, UK (Parlophone)

Charts:  UK #40

More details on Page 8   https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.245

CD and DVD
Now I'm Here / Ogre Battle / White Queen (As It Began) / Bohemian Rhapsody / Killer Queen / The March of the Black Queen /
Bohemian Rhapsody (Reprise) / Bring Back That Leroy Brown / Brighton Rock / Guitar solo / Son and Daughter / Keep Yourself Alive / Liar / In the Lap of the Gods... Revisited / Big Spender / Jailhouse Rock / Stupid Cupid / Be-Bop-A-Lula / Jailhouse Rock (Reprise) / Seven Seas of Rhye * / See What a Fool I've Been * / God Save the Queen *
* not filmed, therefore not on the DVD

Live At The Budokan Japan 1975:
Now I'm Here / Killer Queen / In The Lap Of The Gods.... Revisited
(added to the DVD)

Looking Back at the Odeon
A previously unreleased 22 minute documentary featuring interviews from Brian May, Roger Taylor and Bob Harris.

Again, now we’re talking!  Finally, the most bootlegged show of their career is officially released on audio and video.  Their live Christmas Eve '75 show which aired on BBC2.  The multitrack recording was found in 2009.  It took a few years, but it was soooo worth it.

Superb! (other than the cover)

This album was released as a single CD, double LP, CD+DVD set, and CD+Blu-ray set. It features the complete show, and was also simultaneously released on DVD and Blu-ray, losing two tracks. The CD, DVD and Blu-ray were all released together in a boxed set which also contains replica memorabilia from the concert, and a 12" single containing a soundcheck recording of 'Now I'm Here', which was the first time any Queen soundcheck had been officially released.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 01:28:34 PM by DragonAttack »

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: QUEEN Discography- 2016 releases
« Reply #1465 on: December 30, 2022, 02:36:26 PM »

FREDDIE MERCURY    Messenger of the Gods

Released:  September 2, 2016, UK (Universal), USA (Hollywood)

Charts:  UK #31
New Zealand #8, Spain #13, Czechoslavakia #14, Poland #16, Belgium #18, Austria #24, Portugal #26, Netherlands #27, Germany #33, Italy #53, Switzerland #53, France #148

DISC ONE: A-Sides
1. Living On My Own *
2. The Great Pretender
3. In My Defence (2000 Remix)
4. Love Kills
5. Barcelona *
6. Made In Heaven *
7. Time (2000 Remix)
8. Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow
9. I Was Born To Love You
10. The Golden Boy *
11. I Can Hear Music (slight edit)
12. How Can I Go On *
13. Living On My Own (1993 Radio Mix)

DISC TWO: B-Sides
1. Going Back
2. Let's Turn It On
3. My Love Is Dangerous
4. She Blows Hot And Cold
5. Living On My Own (1992 Album Mix)
6. Stop All The Fighting
7. Time (instrumental)
8. Excercises In Free Love (Freddie vocal)
9. Excercises In Free Love (Montserrat vocal)
10. The Fallen Priest *
11. Overture Piccante
12. Love Kills (Wolf Euro Mix)

* single versions

Disc 1 features all twelve of Freddie's A-side singles from 1984 to 1993, with the addition of the Larry Lurex track 'I Can Hear Music' from 1973, while disc 2 features their corresponding B-sides (except 'Rotwang's Party',  the B-side to 'Love Kills').

The set includes four single versions on CD for the first time - 'Living On My Own', 'Made In Heaven', 'The Golden Boy' and 'The Fallen Priest'. It also includes the 2000 Remixes of 'Time' and 'In My Defence' (in place of the original single version and the 1992 Remix which were actually released as singles) and a slight edit of 'I Can Hear Music'.

The set was available as either a 2CD set, with the above tracklisting, or a boxed set, which featured all 13 singles pressed onto 7" coloured vinyl discs (with two ‘Living On My Own’ remixes on one of the vinyls.

Those can be seen at
http://www.ultimatequeen.co.uk/  then Freddie Mercury, compilation albums, Messenger of the Gods for the artwork for all of the 7” vinyls.

It had been ten years, so I guess it was time to roll out another Freddie compilation, and make sure it’s released around what would have been his 70th birthday.  I would always include the LP or extended versions of ‘Barcelona’ on one of these.  As is, it’s a good collection.

Just don’t get me started as to the ridiculous thirteen vinyls!!!!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1466 on: December 30, 2022, 03:00:19 PM »
QUEEN ON AIR

Released:  November 4, 2016, UK (Virgin EMI), USA (Hollywood)

Charts:  UK #25, USA Top Hard Rock Albums #19
Scotland #20, Portugal #27, Germany #28, Spain #32, Netherlands #47, Belgium #52, Austria #60, Italy #73, Switzerland #84, France #123

France #96

Sold as a two disc (the BBC sessions) or six disc box set.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Air_(Queen_album)

AUDIO Sessions 1-6     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1WwJW1Mu_w&list=PLgC34OV_4iVXqAMIUaL-o7p0_cpnbpkcp]

Details for Sessions 1, 2, and 3   Page 2  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.35

Session 4, Page 3     https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.70

Session 5, Page 5     https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.140

Session 6, Page 12    https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.385

AUDIO Golders Green Hippodrome concert 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJhWfr4V_ns&t=961s

Comments  Page 2  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.35

The BBC Sessions

DISC ONE   
Session 1: February 5, 1973   
1   My Fairy King    
2   Keep Yourself Alive    
3   Doing All Right    
4   Liar    
Session 2: July 25, 1973
5   See What a Fool I've Been   
6   Keep Yourself Alive
7   Liar
8   Son and Daughter
Session 3: December 3, 1973   
9   Ogre Battle   
10   Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll   
11   Great King Rat   
12   Son and Daughter      

DISC TWO
Session 4: April 3, 1974      
1   Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll   
2   Nevermore    
3   White Queen As It Began
Session 5: October 16, 1974
4   Now I'm Here   
5   Stone Cold Crazy
6   Flick of the Wrist
7   Tenement Funster   
Session 6: October 28,1977
8   We Will Rock You   
9   We Will Rock You Fast
10   Spread Your Wings    
11   It's Late
12   My Melancholy Blues   

DISC THREE
Golders Green Hippodrome, London, September 13, 1973      
1   Procession    
2   Father to Son    
3   Son and Daughter    
4   Guitar Solo    
5   Son and Daughter (Reprise)    
6   Ogre Battle    
7   Liar    
8   Jailhouse Rock    

Estádio do Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil, 20 March 1981
9   Intro
10   We Will Rock You (fast)
11   Let Me Entertain You
12   I'm in Love With My Car
13   Alright Alright
14   Dragon Attack
15   Now I'm Here (Reprise)
16   Love of My Life

Maimarktgelände, Mannheim, Germany, 21 June 1986   
17   A Kind of Magic
18   Vocal Improvisation
19   Under Pressure
20   Is This the World We Created...?
21   (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care
22   Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart)
23   Crazy Little Thing Called Love
24   God Save the Queen

INTERVIEWS
(Broadcast on BBC Radio 1)      
DISC FOUR   (1976–1980)      
1   Freddie with Kenny Everett, ‘A Day at the Races’ album, November 1976 *
2   Queen Interview with Tom Browne, ‘News of the World’ album, Christmas 1977
3   Roger with Richard Skinner, ‘Live Killers’ album, June 1979
4   Roger with Tommy Vance, ‘Flash Gordon’ album and film, December 1980
5   Roy Thomas Baker ‘The Record Producers’

DISC FIVE:  (1980–1986)      
1   John interview, South American tour, March 1981
2   Brian on ‘Rock On’ with John Tobler, ‘Hot Space’ album, June 1982
3   Brian on ‘Saturday Live’ with Richard Skinner and Andy Foster, ‘The Works’ album, March 1984
4   Freddie on ‘Newsbeat’, The Works Tour, August 1984
5   Brian on ‘Newsbeat’, ‘The Works’ album, September 1984
6   Freddie on ‘Saturday Live’ with Graham Neale, ‘The Works’ album, September 1984
7   Freddie with Simon Bates, April 1985
8   Brian on ‘The Way It Is’ with David ‘Kid’ Jensen. Wembley Stadium, London, July 1986 *

DISC SIX:  (1986–1992)      
1   Roger interview, ‘My Top Ten’ with Andy Peebles, May 1986
2   ‘Queen for an Hour’ interview with Mike Read, ‘The Miracle’ album, May 1989
3   Brian with Simon Bates, ‘Freddie and Too Much Love Will Kill You’, August 1992
4   Brian with Johnnie Walker, ‘Freddie and the Tribute Concert’, October 1992

Broadcast on BBC Radio 1 except
* Broadcast on Capital Radio   

The multiple decades long-awaited release finally happens.  And, of course I’m going to complain. 

First, ‘The March of the Black Queen’ is missing, so the ‘Sessions’ is incomplete.  Even though it was simply played on a tape at the time, it should have been included.

The Golders Green performance is missing ‘See What A Fool I’ve Been’  (complete show is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKUCsM-uP5o )

Sessions 1-4 could have been on Disc One, Sessions 5-6 and the Golders Green performance on Disc Two……  and then the rest of the material on the six disc box set.

The complete Sao Paulo show   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec1sOcraou4  and
Mannheim  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUahFZ1lIhE&t=4233s .  A weird hodgepodge of selected songs.

And then, there’s three discs of interviews.  If that’s your thing, you’ll enjoy this.  I never bothered with the Freddie interviews from his 2000 box set until a couple of months ago.

The two disc set is the affordable way to go, along with downloading the complete Golders Green performance from youtube.
http://www.ultimatequeen.co.uk/  then 'live albums' 'on air' for art work from the vinyl box set, and which is terribly lacking on the 2 disc release.

Highlights mentioned in the prior posts:  all of them!  ;) 
But, seriously, both of the extended 'Son And Daughter' performances, 'White Queen' (with piano), 'Nevermore', 'Liar',  'See What A Fool I've Been', 'Doing Alright', Modern Times (Session 4), Spread Your Wings, We Will Rock You [fast], My Melancholy Blues, and........the rest of the songs! :tup

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:39:13 PM by DragonAttack »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1467 on: December 30, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1468 on: December 31, 2022, 06:31:25 AM »
QUEEN ON AIR

This one I know!

Good stuff, too!  :tup  Hope you'll enjoy that Dragonhouse Records copy :D

To think it was February 1st that the first sessions were mentioned here   :eek 

Time to get out the construction signs again, so I can finish in 2022.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1469 on: December 31, 2022, 06:35:53 AM »
2016 continued

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT  LIVE IN JAPAN

Released: December 20, 2016

VIDEO  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hLnZh7lcs&list=PLS_irjENNUWKbiez66JpuubGVVk6EcBpW
Bohemian Rhapsody  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlY0WQpdy5g

Page 41  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.1400

Procession / Now I'm Here /  Stone Cold Crazy / Another One Bites The Dust / Fat Bottomed Girls / In The Lap Of The Gods... Revisited /  Seven Seas Of Rhye / Killer Queen / I Want It All / Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) / Love Of My Life / These Are The Days Of Our Lives / Under Pressure / I Was Born To Love You /
Radio Ga Ga / Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Bohemian Rhapsody / We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions /  God Save The Queen

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:14:00 AM by DragonAttack »