Author Topic: EINAR SOLBERG – ‘The Congregation Acoustic’  (Read 2055 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
EINAR SOLBERG – ‘The Congregation Acoustic’
« on: February 10, 2023, 05:09:14 AM »
EINAR SOLBERG – frontman of Norwegian rock mavericks Leprous – is pleased to announce the release of his debut solo album ‘16’ on June 2nd, 2023. Wildly diverse, but spiritually rooted in Einar’s well-established musical world, ‘16’ is an album that brims with surprises and spinning curveballs and features a collection of intimate but extravagant collaborations.

Today sees the release of "Grotto", the first single to be taken from the album, a track written alongside Magnus Børmark, best known as a member of Norwegian alt-folk troupe Gåte. It also features Keli Guðjónsson (Agent Fresco) on drums, Tor Egil Kreken on bass, Raphael Weinroth-Browne (Leprous touring member) on cello & Chris Baum (Bent Knee) on violin.

Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/r_Ol_LSma6k

‘16’ will be released on Ltd CD Digipak, Gatefold 180g 2LP + LP-booklet & Digitally, and is now available to pre-order here: https://einarsolberg-artist.lnk.to/sixteen

Einar Solberg is as renowned for the tender honesty of his lyrics as he is for the eccentric majesty of Leprous’ music. But even by his usual standards, ‘16’ is an extremely emotional and dynamic piece of work. Einar describes the record as “the closest I’ve ever come to writing a concept album” and explains that the new songs are about a very specific and transformational period in the musician’s life. This is the sound of a restless spirit in his absolute element.

“It’s called 16 because that’s when the first really, really bad things started happening to me in life. From 16 to 19, there were a lot of very life-defining moments that happened to me, and that changed me,” he says. “That’s when I kind of lost my innocence and I started realising that life is serious and bad shit can happen. A lot of pretty drastic things happened within those three years. But this album is not only about the bad things. It’s also about some of the career-defining moments, like the moment I started playing with the band and began to find a community to belong to. Emotionally, I’m a bit of everything, so it covers the entire emotional spectrum!”
’16’ finds Einar collaborating with everyone from modern prog contemporaries like Bent Knee’s Ben Levin and Agent Fresco’s Toti Gudnason, to experimental cellist (and regular Leprous live musician) Raphael Weinroth-Browne and Magnus Børmark, best known as a member of Norwegian alt-folk troupe Gåte. He also once again collaborates with Ihsahn and Star Of Ash amongst many others. The record was mixed by mixed by Adam Noble (Placebo, Biffy Clyro, Nothing But Thieves) and mastered by Robin Schmidt (The 1975, Placebo, The Gaslight Anthem, etc.).

The full track-listing is as follows:

1. 16 (feat. Raphael Weinroth-Browne)
2.Remember Me
3.A Beautiful Life
4.Where All The Twigs Broke (feat. Star Of Ash)
5.Metacognitive (feat. Raphael Weinroth-Browne)
6.Home (feat. Ben Levin)
7.Blue Light (feat. Asger Mygind)
8.Grotto (feat. Magnus Børmark)
9.Splitting The Soul (feat. Ihsahn)
10.Over The Top
11.The Glass Is Empty (feat. Tóti Guðnason)
Einar will debut his solo material live with two exclusive shows at the Eindhoven & London editions of Prognosis Festival (15th & 22nd April respectively). You can find more details here: https://www.prognosis-festival.nl/

EINAR SOLBERG online:
https://www.instagram.com/einar_solberg/
https://www.facebook.com/einarsolbergofficial/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 07:10:56 AM by MinistroRaven »

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Re: EINAR SOLBERG (Leprous) announces debut solo album ‘16’
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 12:29:49 AM »
I'll check out the single as am intrigued by him.

Leprous have never stuck for me, frustratingly. Great musicians. Einar's voice is magic. Love him on some Ihsahn work too. Their compositions just don't stick in my head, as much as I seemingly enjoy them on early listens. I'll keep going back from time to time to test, though. I'm expecting it to just click one day.

The exception is Faraway Angels, which I think is just wonderful.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 07:39:40 AM »
I'm very excited for this album. Haven't listened to the single as always, but I imagine it's melancholic, dramatic and with a grand gesture  :biggrin:

I also found the track lengths - Burning shed is always a reliable source for that ;) Seems like this won't be a "pure" singer/songwriter/pop album like many solo albums by singers, at least based on the track lengths. But we'll see!

1. 16 7:44
2. Remember Me 5:39
3. A Beautiful Life 4:35
4. Where All The Twigs Broke 6:14
5. Metacognitive 5:13
6. Home 4:10
7. Blue Light 6:54
8. Grotto 4:57
9. Splitting The Soul 6:22
10. Over The Top 6:54
11. The Glass Is Empty 11:08
any rock can be made to roll

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 03:28:41 PM »
Loved the single. I love Einars voice.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 06:35:42 AM »
Today, sees the launch of the second single taken from the album, and you can watch the video for ‘A Beautiful Life’, directed by Elena Sihida, here: https://youtu.be/XAE2y2RfHtg  :hefdaddy

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 05:32:54 PM »
Prognosis Festival has organised a listening session and Q&A for Einar Solberg’s debut solo album “16” on April 15th. Sign up for one of 2 sessions here:
Session 1: 11:45 - 13:15
https://loudnoise.stager.nl/web/tickets/111284568
Session 2: 13:30 - 15:00
https://loudnoise.stager.nl/web/tickets/111284617

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 07:14:39 AM »
A Beautiful Life is terrific on first listen.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 06:11:41 AM »
Today, ahead of his first ever live performance of his solo material at Prognosis Festival in the Netherlands, Einar is pleased to announce his cinematic new single ‘Over The Top’.
Watch the video, directed by Elena Sihida, here: https://youtu.be/IsTf5iLiwyM

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 07:42:19 AM »
Does anyone want to review this one?

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 10:13:40 AM »
Today sees the launch of the fourth track taken from the album, and the final single before the album is released. ‘Home’ is a collaboration with Ben Levin (ex-Bent Knee) and is perhaps the biggest curveball on the album. The video was directed by Elena Sihida and features live footage recorded at Prognosis Festival last month, as well as video of the first performance Einar ever did on stage.
Watch it now here: https://youtu.be/VsnrzQlqlNo

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 05:50:27 PM »
I don't mean to shit on this album but I was so underwhelmed by it. I've always loved Leprous's soaring choruses, but I feel this record lacked any real memorable choruses. Grotto is the only song that stuck out as being any good after 2 listens.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 12:00:32 PM »
I agree, very underwhelming after my first listen. So many songs have the same vibe and nothing really sticks out.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 06:39:08 PM »
I don't mean to shit on this album but I was so underwhelmed by it. I've always loved Leprous's soaring choruses, but I feel this record lacked any real memorable choruses. Grotto is the only song that stuck out as being any good after 2 listens.

Not even Splitting the Soul?  :eek

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 05:45:37 AM »
I agree, very underwhelming after my first listen. So many songs have the same vibe and nothing really sticks out.

I have to agree, yes. Everything seemed like bad Leprous B-sides to be honest :|
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 06:03:33 AM »

Not even Splitting the Soul?  :eek

Wait, was that the one featuring Ihsahn? I liked that one too, but mainly because of Ihsahn. On the whole, very underwhelming though.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 04:45:15 AM »
Strongly disagree, I love the album. Tastes are a funny thing.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 08:38:15 AM »
Yeah I love the album too. In fact I like it almost as much as Leprous’ last 3 albums and I absolutely love those.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 08:47:48 AM by NoseofNicko »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2023, 07:21:56 AM »
EINAR SOLBERG – announces official release of ‘The Congregation Acoustic’

https://lotsofmuzik.com/einar-solberg-announces-official-release-of-the-congregation-acoustic/

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni