Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 27541 times)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #490 on: October 01, 2023, 12:06:45 PM »
damn 1 edible was 120mg? in CO the most potent gummies are only 10mg (and come in 10 packs - so 120 isn't even something you can buy as a single item)

not a big edible guy myself as i prefer the herb but when i wanna get really stoned i usually eat ~50mg and that is enough to make me high for like 15 hours - couldn't imagine eating 120mg in one shot :lol
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #491 on: October 01, 2023, 12:46:45 PM »
My tolerance is so low that 10mg ravages me :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #492 on: October 01, 2023, 03:24:07 PM »
I’m good with 20mg. That’s just about enough to couch lock me and that’s right where i want to be if i am going for it.

5mg for work
10mg for social events

Anything over 35mg is jackhammer to the head and me wanting to go to the ER, lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »
I've always thought 4/20 was kind of stupid so I can't say I care about this either.

Anyway,

Also, I went back to my favorite dispensary in NYC last night.  They sold me a pack of 2400mg gummies for $60.  Place is amazing for the price per mg. 

Went back there again.  I haven't finished the first bag, but I've stocked up with two more bags to set myself up with so much edibles for awhile now.  Really enjoy these.  They hit hard and are cheap. I spoke to the budtender about them.  He kept trying to sell me a different product though, one I tried previously and did not enjoy as much.  The fact I told him this and he continued to downplay the brand I wanted and push this other one makes me not trust these guys though.  I'm wondering it they have an incentive to push a certain product here.  An inferior product.  The guy seemed annoyed with me when I said, "can I please just get the edible I'm asking for"  Honestly always loved talking to bud tenders, but that was the first time (and I've gone to this store enough to know who he is now, they know me too now at this spot  :lol) I left with a negative feeling from the service.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2023, 02:17:19 PM »
I'm trying to watch my blood sugar and I can't smoke it either. I need to research if there is other ways to get edibles or something else online.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2023, 02:24:26 PM »
They sell a bunch of stuff online now, look into getting some d8 stuff shipped to you.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #497 on: October 20, 2023, 06:58:59 PM »
I have capsules. no sugar that I'm aware of

« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2023, 09:32:33 PM »
happy 420 y'all :metal :lol :weed
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2023, 08:27:12 AM »
Anybody hear of the term “green out” where basically you are taking more than the body can handle and are now experiencing bad effects.

I only ask as i think i finally reached a point where i feel strung out on weed and went to take a break.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: October 25, 2023, 08:33:16 AM »
Anybody hear of the term “green out” where basically you are taking more than the body can handle and are now experiencing bad effects.

I only ask as i think i finally reached a point where i feel strung out on weed and went to take a break.

Did you get a bad stomach ache?  That's what happened to me, twice, when I took too much edibles.  It takes a few days to wear off and a shower/bath is really helpful in easing that pain.  Feeling strung out though, I don't know about that.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #501 on: October 25, 2023, 04:40:15 PM »
Oh definitely. Stomach ache, nausua and loss of appetite.

Honestly, i’ve been using it way more than ever and its always big edible doses, so i think a little break will do me good.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #502 on: October 25, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »
I have an extremely low tolerance and wanted to settle into a nice relaxing night. Well, I took double the max of what I am used to and I felt like my head was being pulled strongly in different directions, a very freaky feeling. I read that I may have been "greening out". Sucks because every time I take some now, I worry I am going to experience it again, so I don't get a big high because I take a small, safe amount.

« Reply #503 on: October 28, 2023, 03:21:58 PM »
snowy day off here in denver. the reason god invented weed
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #504 on: October 28, 2023, 05:58:26 PM »
:hat

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #505 on: October 28, 2023, 07:00:33 PM »
In. Feeling good.

Slowly increasing my intake to see what I can handle or up my tolerance.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #506 on: November 19, 2023, 07:24:57 PM »
I went to order some more CBD/THC gummies from JustCBD and the payment screen said it couldn't ship to Florida. After some digging, I found out why: https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2023/11/05/fort-lauderdale-seller-of-hemp-derived-cbd-products-says-states-recent-crackdown-violated-its-rights/

FFS I just want to order some, so I might have to try a different brand.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: November 19, 2023, 07:36:07 PM »
There is a shop here in NC that shipped to FL (when my buddy lived there). He's since moved up to NC so it's been a minute since he's ordered down there. I'm heading to FL Tuesday and I'll my brother where he gets his stuff from.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #508 on: December 05, 2023, 06:26:54 PM »
I tried a "generation" blunt the other night, just a few hits. Hit me hard and had me laughing a lot.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: December 06, 2023, 10:20:04 AM »
I tried a "generation" blunt the other night, just a few hits. Hit me hard and had me laughing a lot.

Never heard of that before.  Sounds like a good time  :lol

I was gifted a few ounces of outdoor grown bud from my friend who lives in up state new york a few weeks ago.  Apparently he just has so much so he gave me a few jars.  It's not great quality bud.  Some strains are better than others, but even the best one, is kind of low grade for what I'm used to.  So instead of smoking the first jar, I turned it into my butter and made chocolate chip cookies with it.  Came out great.  One cookie will get you ripped.  I take about 1.5 cookies to feel incredible.  I brought them to Thanksgiving and only had one person try them, he took a bite only as he was not experienced.  I took one at the same time, and it was timed perfectly to hit as we sat down for Thanksgiving dinner.  This guy came up to me after dinner (we sat at opposite sides of the table) and said he felt incredible and was so happy.  After they left, everyone was like "wow he was super happy today!"  :rollin

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #510 on: December 06, 2023, 06:44:59 PM »
I got high before a Thanksgiving dinner once, wish I could do that every time, it's amazing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2023, 07:09:19 PM »
So I read a news article today about the NY Governor vetoing a thing that said weed growers couldn't sell their excess crops to local Indian tribes. Seems there's not enough pot shops approved in the state to sell all that has been grown.

I have a couple of questions...
Why can't the tribes buy it? Is she afraid they will try and resell it and the growers may have found a way to circumvent the system?
Why should anyone worry about bailing out the farmers when they were the ones gambling on the availability of approved shops?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2023, 08:54:42 PM »
So I read a news article today about the NY Governor vetoing a thing that said weed growers couldn't sell their excess crops to local Indian tribes. Seems there's not enough pot shops approved in the state to sell all that has been grown.

I have a couple of questions...
Why can't the tribes buy it? Is she afraid they will try and resell it and the growers may have found a way to circumvent the system?
Why should anyone worry about bailing out the farmers when they were the ones gambling on the availability of approved shops?
I don't know anything about this, but it probably has to do with taxation. Which is to say that the Red Man typically needn't charge state taxes for products sold in their land. That's why people would by their cigarettes from reservations back in the day.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2023, 09:18:11 PM »
Sounds about right.  The number one reason (or at least how it seems to me) for states to legalize is because if it's legal and controlled, they can tax it and make buttloads of money.  If there's some some side game going on that they can't make tax money off of, they would want to shut it down.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #514 on: February 22, 2024, 08:56:44 AM »
Also, I went back to my favorite dispensary in NYC last night.  They sold me a pack of 2400mg gummies for $60.  Place is amazing for the price per mg.
I would say that $60 for a pack of 2400mg gummies is quite a lot. But I understand that these are dispensary prices.

Why not order online?
It's somewhat cheaper, especially if you buy in larger quantities. For 1000mg of my favorite Delta 8 gummies from stateofmindlabs, I pay $13
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: February 22, 2024, 08:58:39 AM »
I would say that $60 for a pack of 2400mg gummies is quite a lot. But I understand that these are dispensary prices.

Why not order online?
It's somewhat cheaper, especially if you buy in larger quantities. For 1000mg of my favorite Delta 8 gummies from stateofmindlabs, I pay $13

Delta 8 is not interesting to me.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #516 on: February 22, 2024, 06:06:10 PM »

Why not order online?

Just curious, why? I currently use Five brand gummies but I just looked and they are D9.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #517 on: February 23, 2024, 08:36:56 AM »

Why not order online?

Just curious, why? I currently use Five brand gummies but I just looked and they are D9.

Because its modified cannabis, its not the same and doesnt hit the same.  I only tried smoking a J of it, D8 or D9? I dont recall.  It got a light high, but nothing like smoking the real thing.  TO me, it's a consumer product to skirt law.  Now, if you enjoy it, all the power to you.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #518 on: February 23, 2024, 08:43:39 AM »

Why not order online?

Because its modified cannabis, its not the same and doesnt hit the same.  I only tried smoking a J of it, D8 or D9? I dont recall.  It got a light high, but nothing like smoking the real thing.  TO me, it's a consumer product to skirt law.  Now, if you enjoy it, all the power to you.
Like you I've kind of steered clear of the whole thing, so I'm not sure, but if I'm not mistaken Delta 9 is where all of the get-highs are. Pure Delta 9 Tetrahydrocannabinol should get you stoned as all fuck. No idea what that would be like, though, as the other varieties of cannibinoids are absent, while probably a crucial part of a good high.

Personally, I don't want any concentrates unless they originated from a whole flower.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: February 23, 2024, 08:46:07 AM »
I buy d8 because it's all that's available in my state, I've always tried a bunch of my brothers edibles he got with his medical card and in my experience the d8 gummies I take hit way way harder than what he gets. It could just be what he is getting though.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #520 on: February 23, 2024, 02:17:55 PM »
I buy d8 because it's all that's available in my state, I've always tried a bunch of my brothers edibles he got with his medical card and in my experience the d8 gummies I take hit way way harder than what he gets. It could just be what he is getting though.

I buy the Daily Buzz which has D9, first one on this page: https://fivecbd.com/collections/delta-9-thc

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: February 23, 2024, 02:34:59 PM »

Why not order online?

Like you I've kind of steered clear of the whole thing, so I'm not sure, but if I'm not mistaken Delta 9 is where all of the get-highs are. Pure Delta 9 Tetrahydrocannabinol should get you stoned as all fuck. No idea what that would be like, though, as the other varieties of cannibinoids are absent, while probably a crucial part of a good high.

Personally, I don't want any concentrates unless they originated from a whole flower.

I'm not against it completely, but I live in a legal state so I don't see the point... but I also was not aware that D9 was the hard hitter.  I must have smoked some D8 then.  (I honestly don't remember, I didn't realize there's a D8 and D).  I'd actually try it I guess.

I buy the Daily Buzz which has D9, first one on this page: https://fivecbd.com/collections/delta-9-thc

But this is more expensive than what I currently buy.

Why not order online?

That's D8 though, if I want D9, it looks like its $13 for 200MG. Still more expensive. 

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #522 on: February 23, 2024, 06:35:56 PM »
I don't live in a recreational state. :(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: February 23, 2024, 07:47:11 PM »
I don't live in a recreational state. :(

Even if you did, not sure it would be cheaper.  The place I've been buying edibles from is an illegally operated storefront in NYC.  And it's not like it's discrete about it, so that's why I don't mind openly talking about it. NYC has a big problem with unlicensed shops almost on every street corner.  But the shop I go to has very good product with good prices.  I still haven't found a better bang for buck. 

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #524 on: February 24, 2024, 07:17:30 AM »
Legalization has been both good and bad for me, mostly good.  Before, the only contact I had lived an hour away (friend of a friend) so I had to set aside an afternoon just to make my connection.  Also, he was quite paranoid and honestly kinda weird so there were restrictions.  But it was affordable and very high quality.

There is now a dispensary walking distance from my house, and of course it too has very high quality product, but more expensive, maybe 1.5 to 2 times what I paid my old connection.  But it's so convenient and I don't miss having to drive way the hell out into the boondocks.  But I do miss those tiny little gummies that were super potent (I had to cut them into four pieces each) and not covered in sugar.