Author Topic: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave  (Read 24512 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Cannabis Thread v. Let's behave
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 12:30:33 PM »
That's fantastic

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 12:34:59 PM »
That's freaking fantastic.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2022, 07:35:25 PM »
Was feeling super apprehensive this morning about something coming up soon. Did a 10mg sativa edible and was able to work though things and now feel way more at ease.

And it was nice as well putting on the fireplace channel and watching the snow come down while listening to The Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack.

Overall a great time.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2022, 08:11:57 PM »
I've often wondered if this would help with my anxiety, though relaxation has never been a problem. I never smoked weed. My vice came in a bottle.

It's definitely worth looking into, maybe even trying some microdosing of it just to take the edges off.

I'd like to but I have no idea where to start. Is there a Weed for Dummies thread?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »
I'd throw some caution there Chris. Not to butt in, but if you had a vice with booze, I'd worry about replacing one vice with another. I'd consult your doctor about your anxiety first before you try anything.  :)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »
Sound advice. I am in a much better place now. The bottle was not a problem, it was a symptom of my problems. Once I recognized that I was able to move forward. Same with the anxiety; I have tools now that I didn't have before.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2022, 04:10:05 AM »

I'd like to but I have no idea where to start. Is there a Weed for Dummies thread?

I would say this is a decent thread to ask beginner questions, and I would be happy to answer anything you wanted ask about.

Personally, I started with CBD. There is no buzz, there is no high and it is not physically or mentally addictive. It just calms things down and the anxiety subsides. Also there is no THC in them. For just strait up day to day anxiety, I preferred using them over THC since there is total clarity of mind with CBD.

Peace of mind, but feeling totally sober at the same time.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2022, 03:07:39 PM »
If the CBD works for you, I think that's great.  Personally, I don't notice a difference with CBD, but if I use it with THC I've noticed a more calming high. 

Soooo I finally cooked last weekend with my kief I had been saving for awhile.... and wow these peanut butter cookies are POTENT.  If anyone recalls from the other thread, my edible tolerance is really high so I was quite shocked that one of these small cookies really got me too high.  I took a bunch of pictures of the process I'd like to share, but haven't uploaded yet.  It was quite time consuming to make the butter and I was very skeptical of how potent they'd come out so I am quite shocked.

So some funny and some bad stories regarding these edibles, we made them Saturday and I ate one around 9pm that night.  My gf and I had a few drinks so I was not sober.  I really didn't think one cookie would do much to me so I ate it thinking, whatever, if I get a little high that'll be fine.  We started watching a movie and I actually fell asleep during it around 10pm.  I woke up near the end at 10:30 though and I was high as a kite.  So high that I demanded I pay the $4 on amazon to stream the movie Black Sheep and I couldn't fall asleep until 3am.  I felt great overall.  But I woke up with a slight tummy ache.  I had no plans on Sunday since my concert that night got postponed so I decided around 1pm to test out another cookie.  I wasn't sure how much of that experience the night before wass due to being a bit drunk already.  So without any alcohol I ate a cookie.  I was wayyyy too high for about 5 hours. Not a too uncomfortable high, but higher than I'd like to be and confirmed my suspicion that these edibles are VERY VERY strong.

Now the problem became my stomach.  It started hurting really really bad that night.  It's only now just fully gone a few days later.  Some research shows that too mcuh marijuana has lead to some people getting really bad stomach pain and I read the only thing that helped was a hot shower and bath, which funny enough was what I was constantly doing because I noticed (before doing any research) that it was the only thing helping me. 

So I think next week when I feel my stomach is fully back to normal, I will try eating just half a cookie, I have 20 more left including 4 more servings of cannibutter  :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2022, 08:31:59 PM »
Wow, that sounds like quite an adventure  :lol

I've definitely been too high before, but luckily haven't encountered the stomach ache. But I have encountered it from too much munchy food, lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2022, 06:55:02 AM »
Now the problem became my stomach.  It started hurting really really bad that night.  It's only now just fully gone a few days later.  Some research shows that too mcuh marijuana has lead to some people getting really bad stomach pain and I read the only thing that helped was a hot shower and bath, which funny enough was what I was constantly doing because I noticed (before doing any research) that it was the only thing helping me. 

I had this exact experience when I stared eating edibles and had too many one night. The stomach pain was something else.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2022, 07:37:30 AM »
Never tried edibles because I'm an instant gratification kinda guy.  Much prefer the "blaze up" method.  :biggrin: :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2022, 07:54:16 AM »
So, asking for a friend...  if someone wanted to start with CBD - bearing in mind that my friend has been experiencing a fair amount of pain in the last three months, in the shoulder and neck area, possibly stress related - where would you go?  I am.. I mean, he is, reluctant to just buy a bottle of gummies at the drugstore (I don't like the texture and taste of gummies anyway; I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't like gummy bears or those silly gummy worms.  Uh, and neither does my friend.  :) ).  I know a (different) friend of mine used a CBD oil, I think he said a couple drops under the tongue, and I'm going to ask him when I see him next.  But what do the experts here say?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2022, 07:57:46 AM »
So, asking for a friend...  if someone wanted to start with CBD - bearing in mind that my friend has been experiencing a fair amount of pain in the last three months, in the shoulder and neck area, possibly stress related - where would you go?  I am.. I mean, he is, reluctant to just buy a bottle of gummies at the drugstore (I don't like the texture and taste of gummies anyway; I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't like gummy bears or those silly gummy worms.  Uh, and neither does my friend.  :) ).  I know a (different) friend of mine used a CBD oil, I think he said a couple drops under the tongue, and I'm going to ask him when I see him next.  But what do the experts here say?

You'll pay a premium, but consider taking a trip up to NETA in Northhampton MA and take a look at their creams and topicals. They should have a menu on their website!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2022, 08:33:39 AM »

You can get them in a local CBD store, but I buy them online. The ones I get are a 10mg capsule.

https://joyorganics.com/products/cbd-softgels?variant=29897690939491

They also have drops as well if that is preferred as well as creams that can be rubbed directly on the point of pain.

Offline Awaken

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2022, 11:17:44 AM »

You'll pay a premium, but consider taking a trip up to NETA in Northhampton MA and take a look at their creams and topicals. They should have a menu on their website!

INSA in Springfield is super convenient off 91, and has a pretty robust online menu as well.  The premium disclaimer applies here as well, but should for medicinal grade extracts.  I cannot imagine the 'convenience store' offerings have the same rigor around production. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2022, 01:43:17 PM »
Some pics of making the ultra potent cookies last weekend

The kief spread out on "the parchment" (up the irons :metal)

After decarbing the kief, mixed it into melted butter and let that go over boiling water for 3 hours

I had a lot of trouble trying to strain the kief out, but what we did was just let it sit in a glass cup and all the particles fell to the bottom, so after letting it harden up, scooped it out of the glass and just removed the bottom inch of butter filled with all the leaf particles

Then used the butter to make peanut butter cookies, 22 of them

Had some extra butter so used these ice trays I had to make some kittie shaped butter servings

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
Hot damn. You acquire all that kief from your grinder(s)?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2022, 02:12:17 PM »
Hot damn. You acquire all that kief from your grinder(s)?

i've been saving my kief for quite a while (years).  I filled up a tiny mason jar, like the size you might get in a ketchup side at a fancy restaurant (where it comes in a sealed tiny jar, not a packet or bottle). I don't have a scale so I had no idea how many grams that was.  The website I was using to guide me said no more than 5-6 grams per 2 sticks of butter.  I thought that seemed fine, but maybe my guess on the weight was way off or that kief is just way more potent than usual (my grinder captures only the very fine kief particles so I usually don't get that much out of it actually hence the years of collecting).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2022, 02:12:46 PM »
What does it taste like?  Regular butter? Or is it richer?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2022, 02:20:37 PM »
What does it taste like?  Regular butter? Or is it richer?

I used basic unsalted butter, but with the kief, it tastes like marijuana  :lol Not richer or anything, although I only just licked my finger of the butter.  I didn't really want to have a full taste of it being that I didn't know if it would mess me up.

The cookies themselves tastes like peanutbutter cookies with a side of marijuana.  It's not overpowering but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't noticeable.  Definitely doesn't taste bad or anything, very enjoyable to eat still. 

This was all a first for me, so definitely a learning experience in terms of making it but also dosing it.  My stomach is finally better so sometime soon I want to eat half of a cookie and see how it affects me. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2022, 05:48:12 PM »
I'm no expert here, so I may be way off base, but my understanding of it is that tummy problems stem from eating plant matter, rather than just the canabinoids. Perhaps if it wasn't fully separated that might be your issue. I don't know if that would apply to the tricomes, though. Still, if other edibles don't bother you and these do that may be your issue.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2022, 08:03:30 AM »
I'm no expert here, so I may be way off base, but my understanding of it is that tummy problems stem from eating plant matter, rather than just the canabinoids. Perhaps if it wasn't fully separated that might be your issue. I don't know if that would apply to the tricomes, though. Still, if other edibles don't bother you and these do that may be your issue.

I don't think I've ever been so high from an edible before so hard to compare to other edibles I've had.  Some limited research I saw didn't mention plant particles which I thought could be possible though, but I did filter a lot of it out but definitely not all of it.  You can see some speckles in the kittie butter to have an idea of how much plant matter made it's way into the cookies.  Definitely not enough to notice in texture since the kief is so fine, but I would imagine that's a possibility.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2022, 05:20:15 PM »
Update on my cookies... earlier in the week I ate half a cookie.  Felt good for about 2 hours, no stomach ache.  I then ate 2/3 of a cookie another night and felt really good for about 3-4 hours, no stomache ache.  I think I figured out my dosage situation. Just still can't believe how strong these came out. 

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2022, 09:10:44 AM »
Glad they are working out for you Cram. Figuring out the dosing is always a little tricky, but oh so satisfying once its sorted out.

For today I took 10mg edible a littler earlier and I'm just chillin on the couch staring at light snow coming down with child like wonder in my eyes.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2022, 11:32:53 AM »
Some low bar media outlets are trying to make a story out of Snoop being photographed smoking weed before the Super Bowl halftime...probably be more of a story if he didn't get high before it :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2022, 11:46:01 AM »
Some low bar media outlets are trying to make a story out of Snoop being photographed smoking weed before the Super Bowl halftime...probably be more of a story if he didn't get high before it :lol

Yeah, I don't see the surprise or big deal.  Yeah, you aren't allowed to smoke anything in that venue, but just because he did doesn't mean it's news worthy. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2022, 11:48:29 AM »

Yeah, I don't see the surprise or big deal.  Yeah, you aren't allowed to smoke anything in that venue, but just because he did doesn't mean it's news worthy.

It's California too, weed laws are looser than tobacco. You can actually get in bigger trouble on the streets of Berkeley smoking tobacco than you can smoking weed. They have fines for cigarettes on the street, but none for pot. (again....because of trailblazers like me who challenged the laws back in the '80s)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2022, 12:01:13 PM »

It's California too, weed laws are looser than tobacco. You can actually get in bigger trouble on the streets of Berkeley smoking tobacco than you can smoking weed. They have fines for cigarettes on the street, but none for pot. (again....because of trailblazers like me who challenged the laws back in the '80s)
Kind of ironic, actually. As a coin-carrying member of AA I figured you were supposed to fight for the right to chainsmoke reds like your life depended on it.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2022, 07:20:42 PM »

Kind of ironic, actually. As a coin-carrying member of AA I figured you were supposed to fight for the right to chainsmoke reds like your life depended on it.  :lol
:lol

By the time I made it to the rooms, AA had started to distance from that image, at least bay area AA did. They still remember fondly the days of rooms filled with smoke to eye level.
For my first year I think I was at 2-3 packs a day  :lol

Thank fucking God I dropped those as well, before they spiked to 10 bucks a pack.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2022, 03:03:32 PM »
Nice thread!!!  I wasn't able to smoke for the last 31 years because of piss tests.  Now that I'm retired my wife loves that I'll take a hit at night with her.  It really helps with my anxiety, as does the CBD caps I started taking after retiring :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2022, 06:16:48 AM »
I took 2.5 ounces of trim last night and made some butter. Thought it'd be good to have some edibles for the show this weekend  :metal I'll bring a bunch just incase I drop a few on the ground or something  ;)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2022, 06:24:10 AM »
That's awesome.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2022, 06:40:05 AM »
I've also been messing around with "nano-grows". More of a hobby/exercise than an attempt to grow a large and efficient plant.

Gotta smoke 'em all  :hat

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2022, 08:17:10 AM »
 :yarr

is the nano thing similar to a bonsai plant?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2022, 10:15:56 AM »
I don't do anything that I'd consider "bonsai", but some guys are true masters of that craft.