Author Topic: Thank goodness for mammograms . . .  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Dream Team

Thank goodness for mammograms . . .
« on: January 25, 2022, 07:11:40 AM »
My wife has a lumpectomy scheduled next week followed by a few weeks of radiation. Caught it early! Make sure your significant others get their mammograms . . .

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Thank goodness for mammograms . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 07:13:39 AM »
My wife has a lumpectomy scheduled next week followed by a few weeks of radiation. Caught it early! Make sure your significant others get their mammograms . . .

Good PSA (seriously).

Here's hoping that the next few weeks go well for your wife and you.  Let us know.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 07:22:13 AM »
Great news.  My wife is very diligent about getting her mammograms. Her mother and sister are not. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 06:35:08 AM »

Good PSA (seriously).

Here's hoping that the next few weeks go well for your wife and you.  Let us know.

Thanks Stads! Unfortunately I now have to follow my own advice and get a colonoscopy (which I should have done years ago, turning 55 next month).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 08:50:43 AM »

Good PSA (seriously).

Thanks Stads! Unfortunately I now have to follow my own advice and get a colonoscopy (which I should have done years ago, turning 55 next month).

Without getting too graphic, if you can endure the prep - and I had no real problems - the procedure itself is a breeze.  When they tell you "it will be like the best nap of your life", they ain't kidding.  I get why Michael Jackson relied on it (though I understand it's not real sleep in the sense of our normal circadian rhythms).

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 02:47:08 PM »
Should have updated sooner; surgery went perfect and all tests came back great. No chemo, just radiation and should be 0.01% chance of re-occurrence. But just to double down on the message, even if your lady friend is very young she should still get checked regularly. Thanks all for the kind words.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 02:51:54 PM »
Should have updated sooner; surgery went perfect and all tests came back great. No chemo, just radiation and should be 0.01% chance of re-occurrence. But just to double down on the message, even if your lady friend is very young she should still get checked regularly. Thanks all for the kind words.

Glad to hear.  We'll keep our fingers crossed, nonetheless.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »
That's awesome to hear.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 04:02:11 PM »
Yes ... good news.

For the dually chromosomed, don't forget our equivalent.  I had an intimate moment with my GP couple weeks back, and a PSA test.  All good.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 04:04:09 PM »
I get mine once a year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 04:32:41 PM »

Positive news mate.  All the best to the both of you.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 06:29:24 PM »
There's a sticky note on the March page of our kitchen calendar for the Mrs. to schedule hers.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ruba

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 04:15:05 PM »
Hey that's good it was caught early! Let's hope it's benign.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:16:59 PM by Ruba »