Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - All Episodes Now Streaming! (Spoilers!)  (Read 10407 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Still loving the show, but Harrow's "trial" was definitely a really weak moment.

"Oh, he says he didn't do it, that's good enough for me".

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jammindude

Still loving the show, but Harrow's "trial" was definitely a really weak moment.

"Oh, he says he didn't do it, that's good enough for me".

That part didn’t really bother me. Because from their point of view, an “innocent” man with no track record was being accused by someone who already had a bad track record, and was in an obvious state of instability.

They were no more going to listen to him than a modern judge would listen to a story from a mentally unwell homeless person about how I was conspiring to steal his Raggety Ann doll.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
^I get that maybe that's what they were going for.  But that isn't what they sold at all, which is why a lot of people aren't buying it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online The Letter M

Whew what a tense episode that took me places I was NOT expecting, especially that second half! I'm glad to see Layla getting a lot more screen time and Harrow continues to be creepily intimidating. I can't imagine where this will go next as we head into the final two episodes!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online faizoff

Crazy episode and the 2nd half of it felt like a tease. I guess it leads to more questions lol.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I enjoyed this much episode much more than last weeks.  The ending was kinda weird, but overall it was much better.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
I enjoyed this much episode much more than last weeks.  The ending was kinda weird, but overall it was much better.
Same. The ending was a big ...um what? moment for me but I expect the next episode will do some explaining.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Yeah, that ending had me wondering if the writers of Legion were given a scene to write. Would've been right at home in that show.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Really great episode. Very Indiana Jones at times, with some legit creepy moments. The ending was definitely cool and I'm excited to see where it goes

Probably the best episode of the show thus far, and a big improvement over the rush job of the last episode (that I also really liked mostly).
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I'll second the creepy... When the click-monster was trying to stab her face with the shattered end of his forearm bones.... Yikes...

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Yeah that was a step up for the show, easily the best episode.

Online Adami

I really hope they play this next time that weird god shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7GPydEYsFDg
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline HOF

So I fell asleep during the last episode and wasn’t sure why there were where they were in this episode. My wife who did not fall asleep was not sure why they were there either. What a hard show to follow! I think it would help to have a little more explanation for some of the core elements of the show (why are there 2 personalities for Mark/Stephen for one thing). As it is, I’m just kind of along for the ride and not very invested in anything.

Online Adami

So I fell asleep during the last episode and wasn’t sure why there were where they were in this episode. My wife who did not fall asleep was not sure why they were there either. What a hard show to follow! I think it would help to have a little more explanation for some of the core elements of the show (why are there 2 personalities for Mark/Stephen for one thing). As it is, I’m just kind of along for the ride and not very invested in anything.

Dissociative Identity Disorder.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline HOF

Dissociative Identity Disorder.

I mean, I can imagine that’s what’s going on, but does the show spell out whether he has a mental disorder of some sort or if it’s some side effect of being an avatar for an Egyptian god, or what?

Online Adami

I think it says that he’s had the identity disorder before becoming the avatar. And that he may have even been chosen because of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline HOF

I think it says that he’s had the identity disorder before becoming the avatar. And that he may have even been chosen because of it.

I probably just missed that. It is odd that his wife seems to have no idea he has two personalities though.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Layla is quite aware that he has at least two personalities, and at this point has accepted it.  When Marc is in control, there have been times she asks him to give control over to Steven, who has knowledge relevant to what they're trying to do.  There is also a rather unique love triangle forming between Marc, Layla, and Steven.  Layla is still pretty pissed at Marc, and has discussed this with Steven.  The show is pretty confusing about a number of things, but I think they've handled the DID issues really well.

Offline HOF

Layla is quite aware that he has at least two personalities, and at this point has accepted it.  When Marc is in control, there have been times she asks him to give control over to Steven, who has knowledge relevant to what they're trying to do.  There is also a rather unique love triangle forming between Marc, Layla, and Steven.  Layla is still pretty pissed at Marc, and has discussed this with Steven.  The show is pretty confusing about a number of things, but I think they've handled the DID issues really well.

I think she seems to know about it now, but the first few episodes she seemed to have no idea what was going on.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member

I probably just missed that. It is odd that his wife seems to have no idea he has two personalities though.
I don't remember that being outright mentioned in anyway. If it was, I also missed it. I assumed there was more explanation still to come.

I think she seems to know about it now, but the first few episodes she seemed to have no idea what was going on.

Also agree with this. The first few episodes, she didn't seem to know what was wrong with him or who Steven was.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
That's true.  But to be fair, the first couple episodes no one knew what was going on, including the audience.  I think Steven is the audience surrogate, learning about Marc and Layla and Khonshu along with us.  But you said "seems" (present tense) and I wanted to point out that she's figured it out at this point, possibly better than Marc/Steven have.

Online faizoff

I thought this was hilarious by Oscar Isaac and wished somehow it was made it in the episode

"My brother and I, there's this meme that we think is really, really funny. It's this English kid that's got a tie on his head. He's rapping, and then just a punch comes out of nowhere and punches him and he goes, "Oh, f**k, I can't believe you've done this!" A lot of people know what I'm talking about. And so I was like, 'We've got to find an opportunity to do that.'"

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/843595/oscar-isaac-tried-really-hard-to-sneak-the-mcus-first-f-bomb-into-moon-knight/?utm_campaign=clip
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

So that was quite an episode, very Mr. Robot like. I think this show needed a few more episodes to take in all the things happening. The last two episodes they've packed a ton of stuff without letting you process what's going on. Mr. Robot tackled a lot of the same things but revealed them at a much steadier pace.

Oscar Isaac acted the hell out of this episode but again with so much happening during the episode, you really aren't able to process it all.

Online The Letter M

That was one hell of an episode (no pun intended). Definitely agree with faizoff - Oscar Isaac really put his acting chops to work here. There was a lot going on emotionally and I'd say it's probably one of the better penultimate episodes of any Disney+ MCU show. Reminds me of WandaVision episode 8, but this one definitely hit pretty hard.

I'm surprised there was no tag or post-credits scene on this one, but I guess they're saving that for the finale next week. Hard to believe it's already been five episodes! I really hope we get more Moon Knight/Marc/Steven in the future after this, either in a film or another full season. They definitely knew who to put up first this year as far as Disney+ MCU content. I've seen a lot of MCU/Comic book fans complain that there hasn't been a lot of "Moon Knight" in Moon Knight, but, as someone who hasn't read MK comics, I don't mind the absence of the caped hero. The more interesting aspect of Marc Spector has been his trauma and his DID, his alter(s), and how they impact his life. Becoming Moon Knight is just part of him and not the whole story, so I like that we've gotten to see his life the way this show has presented it, especially starting it off with Steven rather than Marc.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Wow....I'm absolutely fucking speechless...not even sure where to begin. With so much going on, so much to process, and being completely emotionally gut punched to boot, it's really hard to zero in on what to mention.

First...Isaac's acting, just amazing. Perfection. The script, so devious in how it maneuvers us from here to there, without really letting the big feels out until it's way too late. The production is absolute perfection in every way. I agree with the above statement that this might be the best MCU episode yet. I'll be watching this one many times this weekend.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Wow....I'm absolutely fucking speechless...not even sure where to begin. With so much going on, so much to process, and being completely emotionally gut punched to boot, it's really hard to zero in on what to mention.

First...Isaac's acting, just amazing. Perfection. The script, so devious in how it maneuvers us from here to there, without really letting the big feels out until it's way too late. The production is absolute perfection in every way. I agree with the above statement that this might be the best MCU episode yet. I'll be watching this one many times this weekend.

I'm with you on all of that.  Last week, I was feeling like, unless something drastic happened, this was easily going to be the weakest of the live action D+ shows.  After this week, it is up there at the top.  Can't wait to see how this ends.  What an arc already.  Floored.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That was fantastic.  Dealt with some really dark stuff, much more than the MCU has previously.  Oscar Isaac delivered a tour de force.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
That was fantastic.  Dealt with some really dark stuff, much more than the MCU has previously.  Oscar Isaac delivered a tour de force.

Honestly, not sure why I didn't expect something that dark... Severe abuse is the hallmark of DID.. Just never clicked with me I guess, or maybe I was expecting some more fantastical cause from Marvel. They handled it as tactfully as they could considering the initial concept.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Yeah, so that was really something.  What is real?  What is really real, as opposed to just the reality we create for ourselves?  And does it really matter?

Offline HOF

Agreed that was really good, the best episode yet. And yeah, finally some clarification about what is going on and why. It likely had more impact now than it would have if it were revealed earlier in the show. I guess the question now is if that is the end of Steven (has Mark come to terms with his past and is he now able to cope without his alternate personality?), or if he comes back for some reason.

Online faizoff

I think this show needs more episodes to flesh out stuff, I think way too much stuff happens in the episodes to make a big impact. The finale was fine and some good tying up of things. But it mostly ended like most of these kinds of setups go, so expected and a lot of run of the mill stuff just in a different setting, country, etc..

I think I found the beginning episodes great, and the latter ones just alright. Still a good show worth checking out, not sure if they have plans for any continuation, Oscar Isaac was fantastic in his role. I think they made Ethan Hawke too generic bad guy villian type by the end.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 07:36:05 AM by faizoff »

Online The Letter M

The finale was pretty good! I enjoyed it and there were some twists and turns I didn't expect, and a couple things I did expect that actually happened. As far as Disney+ MCU Finales go, I liked it quite a bit! Was it the best? Ehhhh... up for debate, but it wasn't the worst either. Some great action moments, a couple of key character moments, and of course some good music, but if you weren't enjoying the show up til now, you probably won't enjoy the finale any more than the last couple of episodes.

Also, there IS a post-credits scene!!! Be sure not to skip it!!!

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
That was really good.  I was a bit cold on the series as a whole up until episode 5, which was incredible.  This one was a very satisfying finale for what had built up to this point.  Some mild spoilers below.  Nothing earth-shattering that should really be a surprise to anyone that has been following the show up to this point, but I'll put the spoiler warnings nonetheless.

**************SPOILERS BELOW*********************

The one thing that bugged me a bit was how out of nowhere it was that there was a spell to bind Ammit to Harrow's body, and how that was the method to defeat her.  Maybe it was telegraphed somewhere and I missed it, but it just seemed like it was out of nowhere and too convenient.  I get that the knowledge of how to do that came from Taweret, but it needed to be set up earlier, through Taweret, the other avatars, or both.  That plot point, as well as other stuff with the other avatars, was just rushed and too easily brushed aside, IMO.

Kind of related to that, I felt that Taweret's real power was a bit disconnected from how cutesy they played her character's true form.  Don't get me wrong--I think the cutesiness was unexpectedly refreshing.  But I think the character would have benefitted from maybe flashing a few moments earlier on that showed that she is pretty powerful and not to be underestimated despite her sweet demeanor. 

Those two things aside, everything else was very, very good, IMO.

I will take a HARD disagree with the comment about Harrow being a "generic" villain.  I thought he was pretty well developed and, despite being crazy, was actually pretty deep and had concrete, complex motivations.

Consistent with D+ tv shows, and contrary to most of the phase 4 films, the final act CGI-laden big battle was awesome and pretty satisfying.  I mean, I could have done with a bit substance to the fight scenes with Khonshu and Ammit other than just the two of them throwing each other around.  But otherwise, it was pretty good.  And I was actually pretty blown away with the CGI on Khunshu and [especially] Ammit.  Moon Knight still seemed a bit fake looking to me at times.  But Khonshu and Ammit looked really good.

Layla in avatar form:  Her costume was fantastic.  And I liked the little fan service moment of the girl asking her if she was an Egyptian super hero and the question prompting Layla to instantly grasp the import of that and answering in the affirmative. 

I like that we are left still asking questions about what is "real" and what isn't.  The post-credit scene (actually, mid-credit scene) was great in that regard.

Prior to the mid-credit scene, I loved how they handled the Jake personality.  I loved how it was strongly implied to the point where there was no doubt, but they still didn't actually say or show that it was Jake.  I have mixed feelings on the actual reveal in the mid-credits scene.  On one hand, I think the not-reveal up to that point and leaving it dangling was perfect, so it was a shame to undermine that.  On the other hand, it was done well.  And the scene served to further underscore Khonshu's moral ambiguousness as well, which I think was a good move, especially since the finale prior to that point perhaps made him feel a bit more "good" and "traditionally heroic" than he had been portrayed in earlier episodes. 

Overall, not sure where I would rank this one, but I enjoyed it a lot.  To me, it had a strong start, really bogged down in the middle two episodes, and then had a strong finish. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Fun and satisfying ending, didn't come close to Ep5 though. I'll give further thoughts later.

Online Adami

Ending was fine. Had good moments, but felt a lot like "We got to do a LOT of stuff really quick and I don't care how we do it." I didn't dislike it, but felt a little underwhelmed by it.

Now that it's done, I was re-reading a bunch of the early-mid 2000's run of Moon Knight and remembered just how different this itteration is. Like, other than being called Moon Knight who is the avatar of Khonshu and also have alternate personalities named Jake and Steven, they have almost nothing in common. Not a bad thing, necessarily, but that was my favorite run of Moon Knight. I like that they changed it for Disney cause it needed to be much much much lighter than say.....Khonshu appearing as a man with his face ripped off dressed as a Nazi screaming at Marc to kill Captain America and egging Spector on to murder everyone in the most brutal ways possible.
fanticide.bandcamp.com