Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - All Episodes Now Streaming! (Spoilers!)  (Read 10206 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I liked it a bit more - mostly because I watch Marvel for the story AND the action.

I watched it twice, and the second time through, I was truck with how little action there is.  The first time through, it felt like there was a good amount.  But the second time through, I was surprised to see that there actually wasn't.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I liked it a bit more - mostly because I watch Marvel for the story AND the action.

I watched it twice, and the second time through, I was truck with how little action there is.  The first time through, it felt like there was a good amount.  But the second time through, I was surprised to see that there actually wasn't.

Still more than in Ep 1.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I gotta watch it again, I checked it out after a 13 hour day and kept nodding off and missing shit.  :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I'm loving this show so far.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
2nd episode also excellent. Loving it.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
You look like a psycho Colonel Sanders.  :lol
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Ok, watched it with a bit more focus, and I'm really intrigued by what's going on. Mind you, I have zero knowledge of Moon Knight heading into this, so the whole mythos is new to me. Gonna be a fun ride for sure, very very curious to see how they tie this into the MCU at some point.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I'm with you on all of that.  I read somewhere that there will be very few tie-ins to the bigger MCU though. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Not sure about this.  The first episode was fine, the second episode wasn't so good - it also felt like a lot of padding and repeating in that second episode.  Hopefully where the episode ending means with story might kick on now.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok, watched it with a bit more focus, and I'm really intrigued by what's going on. Mind you, I have zero knowledge of Moon Knight heading into this, so the whole mythos is new to me. Gonna be a fun ride for sure, very very curious to see how they tie this into the MCU at some point.

Jingle.son read up on something that is kinda unique to MK at this point - there's been no reference whatsoever to either the Battle of NY, or The Blip.  Every other show and movie in the MCU makes mention or ties back to one or the other in some capacity.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

Jingle.son read up on something that is kinda unique to MK at this point - there's been no reference whatsoever to either the Battle of NY, or The Blip.  Every other show and movie in the MCU makes mention or ties back to one or the other in some capacity.

I believe one of the double deckers had an ad for the GRC, the Global Repatriation Council, which was revealed in The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. I guess that indirectly references the blip, so at very least we can surmise that this show takes place after Endgame (October 2023). But there have been no references to Spider-Man Far From Home and the attack in London (summer 2024), or Eternals' events.

Pretty sure they're keeping this fairly vague with regards to references so it doesn't have to fit into a specific time frame.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I think I read that it definitely takes place after the blip but that the first four (at least) episodes don't really reference the MCU much. But that's based off screeners people were sent, I don't think anyone has seen the final two episodes to comment on them.

Second episode was good, but I do have a few little issues

1) I don't like what they did the Mr. Knight persona. I was never a big fan of Mr. Knight in the comics, so it didn't bug me too much, but Mr. Knight isn't an altar ego, it's still Mark, but he's just playing more of a detective/cop role instead. Making it Steven in a suit was a bit silly, but I can easily get past that.
2) The fight against the invisible Jackel thing felt just a bit more silly than it should've been.

But overall, it's a really fantastic show so far.

Does anyone have any idea what accent Layla is going for? It felt like it was a weird mix of American and Irish, but then I looked at the actress is Egyptian/Palestinian and studied in America. So is she putting on a partial Irish accent? Felt odd.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

Also fun little east egg I noticed on the top of a bus was WBN 0032. Which stands for Werewolf by Night, issue 32, which is the first appearance by Moon Knight.

I only point it out cause I'm awful at catching those things and felt proud I finally caught one  :lol
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Adami watching latest episode ...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Also fun little east egg I noticed on the top of a bus was WBN 0032. Which stands for Werewolf by Night, issue 32, which is the first appearance by Moon Knight.

I only point it out cause I'm awful at catching those things and felt proud I finally caught one  :lol
I saw that one too.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

I saw a recent episode of Pawn Stars where someone came in with a certified 9.8 copy of that issue... Est value 50k.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

I saw a recent episode of Pawn Stars where someone came in with a certified 9.8 copy of that issue... Est value 50k.
I have a couple of issues of WBN, but sadly, not that one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
The QR code that’s shown on ep 2 works and it takes you to MK comic

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
ep 3 it's full packed of action, I think this is my favorite so far.
I wonder if Morgat is not dead, I supposed he will come back.

I was watching ep 2 last night in anticipation of the new one and noticed that in the street fight of Steven with the white suit against the jackal we can see this:

GCR:

As seen on The Eternals, confirming that MK is in the same timeline after the BLIP

Offline The Letter M

LOVED episode 3, a new location, a new mystery regarding Steven/Marc, and a nice action set piece with Moon Knight. The visual effects are getting better with each episode as well!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Awesome episode, the fight scene in the middle was fucking amazing.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Maybe I was just tired but I thought episode 3 was boring.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
I need to rewatch it as I nodded of near the end but I was also bored by that one. Gods, rituals, blah, bloat.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Harrow's trial with the gods was just awful writing and made them looks so dumb.  The whole show hasn't really engaged me yet, I also can't believe we are now halfway though - the second half really needs to kick into gear as for me at the minute this is the weakest of the Disney shows.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Ep 3 didn't work for me either.

Offline jammindude

It was one thing that completely confused me.

Near the beginning of the episode, Harrow used the scarab to find the tomb. He even insisted that everyone keep digging no matter what happened. But then the rest of the episode seemed to be obsessed with who would find the tomb first. And I was thinking, “What? He already found it! Game over! They’re already digging! Why are they still hunting for it as if no one knows where it is?”

Did I miss something?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

Near the beginning of the episode, Harrow used the scarab to find the tomb. He even insisted that everyone keep digging no matter what happened. But then the rest of the episode seemed to be obsessed with who would find the tomb first. And I was thinking, “What? He already found it! Game over! They’re already digging! Why are they still hunting for it as if no one knows where it is?”

Did I miss something?

I thought Harrow was just trying to prevent the protagonists from finding it before he could dig it up.  So, he lies to the court about what he's up to, then shows up to destroy the sarcophagus before they can get information from it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Did I miss something?

I got the sense he's just trying to ensure Marc/MK doesn't find the location and fuck things up for him.

What I wasn't following was the whole step from 3rd personality killing that trio, to Layla getting them to Mogart and that other tomb.... ie, knowing that this was going to help them.  Did I zone out on something.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
What I wasn't following was the whole step from 3rd personality killing that trio, to Layla getting them to Mogart and that other tomb.... ie, knowing that this was going to help them.  Did I zone out on something.

That was one of many things about this episode that I thought were confusing.  And not as in "they're being mysterious about it, and the truth will be revealed later," but more as in "this is just really confusing."  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that things will make sense in the end.  But it seems like a lot of thread are unnecessarily confusing and convolluted, and they aren't inspiring confidence in me in the way that, for example, the early episodes of Wandavision did.

Harrow's trial with the gods was just awful writing and made them looks so dumb.

Agreed.  Even if they were all impatient and inclined to be dismissive of Khonshu due to whatever happened in the past, freeing Ammit seems to be a big enough deal that they should have cared a bit more about digging into the facts rather than so easily just essentially saying, "Well, the accused said he didn't do it, so that's good enough for us.  And he raised this side issue, so we should just be distracted by that instead." 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

That was one of many things about this episode that I thought were confusing.  And not as in "they're being mysterious about it, and the truth will be revealed later," but more as in "this is just really confusing."  I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that things will make sense in the end.  But it seems like a lot of thread are unnecessarily confusing and convolluted, and they aren't inspiring confidence in me in the way that, for example, the early episodes of Wandavision did.

It was as if they just needed to move the story/plot along to get to a certain point (ie, Khonshu rewinding the skies, and getting imprisoned), without any explanation.

Online Adami

I really enjoyed the episode, but I agree it had some major writing problems.

It felt like they were writing certain parts and were just like "Moving on!" without finishing or fleshing them out. The whole sub plot with the sarcophagus and star map and needing to the find the guy who has the thing....it was just so quick, rushed, and ultimately unnecessary.

That said, it's interesting that they're likely going to introduce Jake Lockly at some point. Curious how Oscar will portray him whenever we get to meet him.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

Finally caught up with the 3 episodes, it's really interesting and I agree with the writing and editing on episode 3 being odd and confusing. I mean I get that what they were trying to do but it wasn't done well.

I loved the first two epsiodes. I too know nothing about Moon Knight so I don't have any particular connection with the story, I like what I see so far.

I think I'm unsure about Harrow and his "powers", is he an avatar for someone? He mentioned that Khonshu used to be controlling him and now Harrow's trying to awaken Amit(sp?), so how does Harrow have those powers?

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
I assumed he was Amit's avatar or wanting to be? Since he was using what I assume is her powers with that cane? Can a dead god still have an avatar?

Offline HOF

Ep 3 didn't work for me either.

I was tired and I fell asleep about half way through. Woops!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
I thought it was pretty cool, but I really don't know what the fuck is going on with this show, and we're halfway through now.  I was thinking it was going to start making more sense, not less.