Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - All Episodes Now Streaming! (Spoilers!)  (Read 10377 times)

Offline The Letter M

First official poster has dropped, revealing a March 30th release date! It'll be a long 72 days of waiting!

https://twitter.com/moonknight/status/1483270203152629763?t=WVtlu7uy0ZWUtuSWOlhSaA&s=19

Seeing the Moon-arang with blood on it really makes me think this might be TV-MA or as close to it as Disney/Marvel can make it!

Edit - and here is the trailer on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/moonknight/status/1483273035150884864?t=cPUTD0EMVFnuL63JnzoCGA&s=19

Edit 2 - and on YouTube
https://youtu.be/x7Krla_UxRg

-Marc.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 07:41:49 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - Coming March 30th!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:09:15 PM »
Oh that looks really good...

Offline The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - Coming March 30th!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 08:13:39 PM »
Watched it again on Facebook and it had caption on. Looks like Ethan Hawke's antagonist is named Arthur Harrow, who, upon a Google search, has only appeared in 1 issue of the Moon Knight comic from 1985, so it'll be interesting to see how they use/expand upon the character and if they'll keep him faithful to the comics.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Moon Knight - Trailer released
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Moon Knight - Trailer released
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 12:59:52 PM »
Was actually really surprised.

A lot of time (....all of it?) spent on the Steven Grant personality. No obvious Marc stuff, but I'm sure it was there.

Very very intrigued! Color me excited.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline The Letter M

https://youtu.be/pPC049JCdMg

Here you can see Moon Knight stars Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke react to the new trailer!

-Marc.

Offline Adami

Was actually really surprised.

A lot of time (....all of it?) spent on the Steven Grant personality. No obvious Marc stuff, but I'm sure it was there.

Very very intrigued! Color me excited.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 05:52:45 AM »
I'm only vaguely aware of this character (have had a couple of volumes of the book on my to-read list for a while but they never made it to the top) but the trailer looks ace.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline The Letter M

https://youtu.be/KM3Yx-5Ymiw

New TV spot for Moon Knight!

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Yeah, that looked hawt!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

So a LOT of clips have been posted over the last couple of weeks in the run-up to the premier tonight/tomorrow morning, and I've seen a few but on the whole, I've avoided most of them.  Hopefully those clips aren't from the back-half of the series and we haven't been spoiled of anything major, though there have been some very interesting moments teased already!

Less than 12 hours to go, but I'll be watching it tomorrow morning (as staying up til 3-4am tonight would be out of the question).

-Marc.

Offline Adami

Re: Marvel Studios' Moon Knight (Disney+) - Episode 1 Streaming TOMORROW!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 02:21:12 PM »
I’ve avoided most of the clips other than the initial trailers.

I assume we can be spoiler free for the first day or so? Not everyone can watch it the second it’s released and sometimes it’s spoiled so quickly. But if not, that’s fine. I’ll just avoid the thread. Though it’d be cool to see initial reactions without spoilers.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »
I watched 3 or four of the spots, and the one video that was a 60-second or so segment of the show ("get the suit" or something like that?).  But otherwise, I've also tried to stay away.

jingle.son is busy as hell with school right now, so it's a tossup as to whether or not we'll be able to pound this back tomorrow or Thursday.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 03:12:37 PM »
I’ve avoided most of the clips other than the initial trailers.

I assume we can be spoiler free for the first day or so? Not everyone can watch it the second it’s released and sometimes it’s spoiled so quickly. But if not, that’s fine. I’ll just avoid the thread. Though it’d be cool to see initial reactions without spoilers.

I'm down with keeping spoilers out until Thursdays. It's just six weeks/episodes anyway. I'll adjust the thread title to reflect this!

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

Just watched the first episode and HOO BOY, what a ride this was! Definitely a very captivating first episode, and I loved the way they handled certain aspects of Steven Grant's DID. The cinematography was pretty top-notch, and the FX were really good, IMO, especially for a non-film MCU property. This might be the best first episode of a Disney+ MCU show so far, and I'm really intrigued to learn more about Moon Knight. I think they did a good job of giving us just enough of a new character to keep us wanting to come back for me.

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Marc, any concern about the content for kids?  In the past, I wouldn't have even questioned it.  But given the direction Marvel and D+ have been moving, I feel like I now have to be more proactive. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

Marc, any concern about the content for kids?  In the past, I wouldn't have even questioned it.  But given the direction Marvel and D+ have been moving, I feel like I now have to be more proactive.

I would say the content is at least TV-14, there are some moments that might be scary for younger kids, there is a bit of violence and blood, but nothing explicitly gory or gross (yet). It's nowhere near as gruesome as, say, Daredevil or The Punisher. There are also some moments that might be considering horror, or jump scare-like, but it depends on how you view such things and what your threshold for those sorts of moments are in media. If you're concerned, it's always b est to screen the episode yourself and check it out, but I think teens could watch it OK, but anyone under 12 might be concerned. Then again, I saw parents take their two 10-and-younger sons to see The Batman on opening weekend, so I'm not sure what parents' thoughts on violence are these days!  :lol

-Marc.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Loved the first episode. The editing and pace were fantastic, as was Oscar Isaac. Looking forward to the next one!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Then again, I saw parents take their two 10-and-younger sons to see The Batman on opening weekend, so I'm not sure what parents' thoughts on violence are these days!  :lol

-Marc.

I saw what appeared to be 6-year old-ish kids at The Batman.   :omg:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Ok...that was a fucking dope first episode. :omg:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ok...that was a fucking dope first episode. :omg:

Yup.  I agree with Marc ... best 1st episode of a Marvel series so far.

Offline The Letter M

I think what helps this series is that it is completely uncharted territory, with brand new (to the MCU) characters without very little established back story or references to prior events. Every Disney+ MCU show last year drew upon past films and characters (WandaVision, obviously drawing up several films featuring the title characters; Falcon & Winter Soldier continuing on from TWS and CW; Loki expanding the 2012 Loki we saw in Endgame; and Hawkeye following, well, Hawkeye), although those four shows did give us new heroes/villains (Monica Rambeau and SWORD, Isaiah and Eli Bradley, Sylvie and the TVA, and Kate Bishop).

Funny enough, the TV shows followed up old characters while, for the most part, the films last year gave us new ones (Yelena Belova, Shang-Chi, and all of the Eternals - not counting Spider-Man, though you could say that all of the multiverse men were "new" to the MCU). This year it's the opposite, with 3 highly anticipated sequels in the cinemas (Doctor Strange, Thor, and Black Panther), and pretty new characters on the small screen (Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk). Whether or not this was done on purpose, who knows, but Feige has a master plan so I trust his guidance of the MCU!

-Marc.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Really trippy episode there. Loving F Murray Abraham as the voice guy thing!
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Really trippy episode there. Loving F Murray Abraham as the voice guy thing!
Exactly.  That was a MONEY get for them.  He was great.

I loved the first episode, but my wife is completely lost lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Saw it.  It was pretty fun.  Curious to see where this goes.

Offline The Realm

Loved the first episode. My favourite of the Marvel tv shows so far (although I did really enjoy WandaVision too).

Offline Adami

Really fun first episode. If I were writing a Moon Knight series, I would not have come up with using Steven Grant as a framing device, but if they're trying to move a little away from the ultra dark and gritty stuff into something a bit more captivating and public friendly, it's a great idea.

I do hope, however, that the narrative changes more to Mark sooner rather than later.

But yea, really dug it! Great acting from everyone, and really interesting writing/directing. Anyone else notice it was written by the dude who did Fan4stick? Nice redemption there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online HOF

Watched it tonight. Not sure what I just saw and I hope the whole series isn’t this discombobulating. But I felt it when that guy ordered the steak.

Offline Adami

Since we can spoil it now, I just have one thought that popped into my head

That end scene of Moon Knight beating that dog thing was just so on point. Just a brutal character who has no fear and doesn’t resort to powers beyond beating the hell out of people. Really loved just how in character it was. Silently punching the thing to complete submission.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

That end scene of Moon Knight beating that dog thing was just so on point. Just a brutal character who has no fear and doesn’t resort to powers beyond beating the hell out of people. Really loved just how in character it was. Silently punching the thing to complete submission.

My favorite part of that was seeing the jackal trying to get away from him. It wasn't that MK was in there with the jackal, it was that the jackal was in there with MK. Very nice piece of visual storytelling to show just how frightening MK can be.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 11:16:45 PM by The Letter M »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef

My favorite part of that was seeing g the jackal trying to get away from him. It wasn't that MK was in there with the jackal, it was that the jackal was in there with MK. Very nice piece of visual storytelling to show just how frightening MK can be.

-Marc.

So much that.. How they managed to transfer the jackal from a feirce beast to absolutely Fearing for its life. Such a clever use of the scene to show his absolute power.

Offline The Letter M

Caught episode two earlier this morning and WOOO what a trip that was! I'm really enjoying what they're doing with the Steven/Marc dynamic, and slowly unraveling his relationships with the others in the cast is fascinating. I know in the comics Marc has more than just Steven as part of his personalities, but I'm glad we're staying grounded with just Steven for now. It helps the audience feel invested in learning about Marc as much as Steven is, and it's a smart way to introduce Marc without being over-blown exposition for the sake of info dumping, or just tossing out a single line of dialog to hand-wave some important backstory ("Somehow, Palpatine has returned").

I can't say I liked this episode much more than the first, but it wasn't worse. Definitely on par with the first episode, so I hope they keep up this pace and movement in the story!

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I liked it a bit more - mostly because I watch Marvel for the story AND the action.  I do like the pacing, and how the unravelling of the story is happening.  Wasn't expecting the twist that Steven came up with.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
The inner battle between Steven/Marc is fascinating.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC