Poll

Who's winning???

Buddy
HOF
Kevin Moore

Author Topic: Sacul's simple roulette v4. CONGRATS KEVIN MOORE!!!!1!  (Read 50359 times)

ariich and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: Sacul's simple roulette v4. RESULTS NOW!!!!1!!
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2022, 12:15:18 PM »
it's a slightly better 3  :tup

Online HOF

« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2022, 12:22:52 PM »

HOF
The Blue Nile Over the Hillside

First impression: Pretty chill atmosphere

This the track I really wanted to like more than I ended up doing, particularly after that very promising beginning. I love the atmosphere it creates here, and the sound they've got going on. I thought it'd end up building to a pretty cool climax, but it just kind of stays on the same vibe throughout the whole song. Which is fine, reminds me of David Sylvian's Secrets of the Beehive, but I feel it kind of lacks the dynamics that album has throughout. I just find the vocals to be quite monotonous tbh, maybe some variety there would have elevated the whole thing a bit.

3.5 + 1 = 4.5

Well I’ll take the = over the down arrow. Rich had a similar reaction to Paul Buchanan’s vocal delivery when I sent this in his roulette, which remains a bit of a mystery to me, but there are TBN songs with more dynamic vocal melodies than this one I suppose. I guess it’s the lower register he sings in, but there is just so much expression in his voice. One my favorite singers for sure. For me, this is one of those songs that is absolutely perfect, and I wouldn’t want it to go anywhere else or do anything more than it does. You’re just sort of suspended in the moment with it. Tremendous mood setter for the album as the opening track.

Sending something next that might be a little risky, but maybe it will surprise.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2022, 12:37:09 PM »
That's better! :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: RESULTS OMG!!!!
« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »
Evermind
Scorpions Yellow Raven

3 + 1 = 4

First round: got a 3
Comparisons for the second round (not including the bonus point): ^
Second round: a 3

very exciting Mr. Sacul, big thanks
Sorry, I genuinely thought it'd end up being a 3.5 after a few listens, but I just couldn't get there :sadpanda:

HOF

This the track I really wanted to like more than I ended up doing, particularly after that very promising beginning. I love the atmosphere it creates here, and the sound they've got going on. I thought it'd end up building to a pretty cool climax, but it just kind of stays on the same vibe throughout the whole song. Which is fine, reminds me of David Sylvian's Secrets of the Beehive, but I feel it kind of lacks the dynamics that album has throughout. I just find the vocals to be quite monotonous tbh, maybe some variety there would have elevated the whole thing a bit.

3.5 + 1 = 4.5

Well I’ll take the = over the down arrow. Rich had a similar reaction to Paul Buchanan’s vocal delivery when I sent this in his roulette, which remains a bit of a mystery to me, but there are TBN songs with more dynamic vocal melodies than this one I suppose. I guess it’s the lower register he sings in, but there is just so much expression in his voice. One my favorite singers for sure. For me, this is one of those songs that is absolutely perfect, and I wouldn’t want it to go anywhere else or do anything more than it does. You’re just sort of suspended in the moment with it. Tremendous mood setter for the album as the opening track.
Yeah that's fair, I can see why you love this album so much, I'll give it a try anyway.

Online HOF

Re: RESULTS OMG!!!!
« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2022, 12:43:59 PM »

HOF

3.5 + 1 = 4.5

Yeah that's fair, I can see why you love this album so much, I'll give it a try anyway.

:tup

And sent!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:03:11 PM by HOF »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #530 on: January 22, 2022, 12:54:41 PM »
Just thinking, if I can crush it this round, I could really set some distance between me and the pack. Gonna think deeply here, maybe go to some strange circles... (or back to Japanese females, I do have a few more of those outstanding artist in the library)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #531 on: January 22, 2022, 01:40:48 PM »
Elite
Pat Metheny Unquity Road

2.5 / 5

What the hell :lol

I should have sent you the title track or something else off the album. I mean, it's fantastic. I've been all over this particular track lately. Calling it 'meandering improvisation' kind of misses the point I think, it's amazing what he does.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2022, 01:46:14 PM »
i'm gonna try to add more songs this weekend but i did add round 3 to my playlist for you
edit: round 4 as well. the cursed round
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:30:45 PM by Cyril »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #533 on: January 22, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »
Just thinking, if I can crush it this round, I could really set some distance between me and the pack. Gonna think deeply here, maybe go to some strange circles... (or back to Japanese females, I do have a few more of those outstanding artist in the library)

You mean crush Tim. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #534 on: January 22, 2022, 02:22:50 PM »

That's what we all want :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #535 on: January 22, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »
I'm smoking all of you this round. I may even get a Bonus Point! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: January 22, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »
Elite
Pat Metheny Unquity Road

2.5 / 5

What the hell :lol

I should have sent you the title track or something else off the album. I mean, it's fantastic. I've been all over this particular track lately. Calling it 'meandering improvisation' kind of misses the point I think, it's amazing what he does.
I mean, if I try to be fair, the performance is excellent and it's probably a very interesting piece from a music theory point of view. Yet I think that song is music for musicians, that only people dedicated to the craft understand and dig - in contrast, I only have a very basic understanding of harmony I've learned in the last few months, so even if you explained to me what makes it awesome, I doubt I'd be able to understand. Thus, the score only reflects my own pure enjoyment of the piece as I can understand it :P

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #537 on: January 22, 2022, 03:32:50 PM »

Crush your enemies (Tim), see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2022, 04:52:59 PM »

Crush your enemies (Tim), see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

Maybe some choice Kpop would really crush him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #539 on: January 22, 2022, 04:54:36 PM »
You guys will be looking up my skirt after this round.

Wait..wut?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2022, 05:33:01 PM »
You don't even know that line from a movie in the 80's.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: January 22, 2022, 05:43:32 PM »
Not bad for the Dire Straits track, I really didn't want to send Sultans of Swing (from the same album) as I'm sure you probably heard it in passing at some point.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: January 23, 2022, 02:47:01 AM »
Solid for the great H&O.

Sent for round 3.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #543 on: January 23, 2022, 10:00:40 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand sent.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2022, 12:59:02 AM »
Dire Straits Wild West End

Yeah dunno what Tomi said about someone sending this track, it's alright.

No no, it's a very good song. But I think you'd like something less traditional more. For example, something off Love over gold.

And about Zappa, definitely check Hot rats out, it's pretty accessible. One of my all time favorites.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #545 on: January 24, 2022, 04:20:08 AM »
Lol I was just checking Sacul's RYM and he rated Love over gold few days ago :biggrin:

And sent.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #546 on: January 24, 2022, 05:45:09 AM »
Evermind sent me Telegraph Road a few roulettes ago and it was great. Then I realized I had never rated the album on RYM, oops.

Alright, just missing on 3 2 entries. I'd like to have them by tonight, else I'll shame the players in the thread title :corn
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:39:31 AM by Sacul »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2022, 06:20:28 AM »
Sent!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Sacul's simple roulette v4. SEND FOR ROUND 3, SLACKERS!!!!1!!
« Reply #548 on: January 24, 2022, 10:51:41 AM »
I sent by putting something from your RYM wishlist into the playlist without second thought.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2022, 11:02:27 AM »
I sent by putting something from your RYM wishlist into the playlist without second thought.
I already got that song on a previous roulette, so you'll have to resend. The rest of their work is available to send.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #550 on: January 24, 2022, 06:53:31 PM »
I sent like 6 months ago... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #551 on: January 24, 2022, 07:23:13 PM »
Give me a T

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #552 on: January 24, 2022, 08:18:48 PM »
give me a 遅

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2022, 02:54:19 AM »
I already got that song on a previous roulette, so you'll have to resend. The rest of their work is available to send.

Well shit. How did it do? Sending something else then.
Squ

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2022, 05:38:35 AM »
I think I gave it a 3.5? It was a nice song.

Alright, I'll have hangmanen up very :soon:

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
hangamanga!!!!!
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2022, 06:10:28 AM »
Alright here it is.

?: _____ ___tt R_______ - __t '__ __r_
?: ___r_ _a_a_____ - _______ Ra__ A_t_r t__ _r____t
?: ____t _____ ____r__ - _tar_ _____ __t __ ____
?: T__ T_a _art_ - __________
?: ___r_t ______ _ - ____at __r t__ A____
?: __rr_ Ra___rt_ - _a__r _tr__t
?: __a - __a______r - __a__ __r____
?: T_r__ Tra____ T___r_ - ___ra__
?: __t_ _art - __r_ __ t__ ____r
?: ___ _____ ____ - ____ __r t__ ______
?: _a__ __ __ - __ _a_tar __ _a ___a ____ra
?: A__r_ - _t__r_a__t_
?: ____a__r - ____tr_
?: _ar___t_r _r_t - _______ __r Tra__ T__
?: ____t___t___ - __ a ___at_r ___r__ ___t

Guessed letters: art
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:54:52 AM by Sacul »

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Sacul's simple roulette v4. HANGMENENEN TIME!!!!1!!
« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2022, 06:13:22 AM »
Gimme an A

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2022, 07:24:05 AM »
Give me an R for RRRROOOOOO RRROOOOOO!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »
T

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2022, 09:25:35 AM »
Gerry Rafferty- Baker Street

STADLER!!