Author Topic: Happy New Year, DTF!!! (2022 edition)  (Read 947 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Happy New Year, DTF!!! (2022 edition)
« on: December 31, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
Saw the old thread revived, and thought we should have a new one for this year since it's kinda confusing reading last year's comments if you don't happen to pick up on the dates. 

I know Australia already celebrated, as have a few time zones now.  But I think the vast majority of us will be hitting it over the course of the next few albums.  Best wishes in 2022 to all of you!  No matter our differences of opinions, cultures, or what have you, and no matter that we sometimes even argue and can have hard feelings, this is a great community, and I and the Mod staff here value each and every one of you.  We are glad you are here, are thankful for the years we have had together, and look forward to more.

Happy New Year!

My thoughts that I posted in the other thread:

Reflections on 2021:  It has been a challenging year.  It has been a blessed year.  In both senses, God is good, and we're still here and grateful for who we are, what we have, and what we look forward to.

Plans for NYE:  This will be a quiet one.  Our oldest son has a party to go to with friends, our middle son is working part of the evening, and my wife wants to keep it low key since we are still planning (hoping) to get away to Mexico in early January.  So we'll likely spend a quiet evening at home counting down with good food, games, maybe a Spiderman (Holland and Garfield) marathon. 

Resolutions:  Don't really do new years resolutions.  I do plan to get my eating and exercise back on track shortly after the holidays, as I fell pretty hard off the wagon this past year.  That's just a need that I see/feel and plan to act on.  I hope to be far down that road by Spring when I am looking forward to more backpacking and whitewater than I have done in previous years.

Old thread here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56066.0
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Happy New Year, DTF!!! (2022 edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
Happy New Year to you Bosk and every here on my favorite online community

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone here at my only online community!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »
  We are glad you are here, are thankful for the years we have had together, and look forward to more.

Agreed Bosk. DTF is my Facebook and my Google. So thankful for this place, and Happy New Year to all. Look forward to spending it with all of you!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 04:22:27 PM »
Happy new year DTF!!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 04:47:22 PM »
Happy New Year!! 2022 here already :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 06:15:05 PM »
Happy New Year!! 2022 here already :)

Happy New Thread 2(022) v. The old one got closed
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 08:55:40 PM »
The tick over to midnight is just over an hour away here. I'm tucking in with some Macallan and a book and just maybe falling asleep before the meridian change. See everyone on the other side.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
Said it earlier but I'll say it again, Happy New Year DTF!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 10:15:03 PM »
Happy New Year y'all!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 10:16:28 PM »
Unless we got Alaskan or Hawaiian DTFers, us PST brethren will be the last to join you all in the future.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 03:23:45 AM »
The last two times we all said "happy new year" it wasn't, I'll lower my expectations and moderately wish you that the next 12 months won't suck that bad.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 06:25:19 AM »
The last two times we all said "happy new year" it wasn't, I'll lower my expectations and moderately wish you that the next 12 months won't suck that bad.

<smashes that like button>
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 10:56:02 AM »
"I hope you have a moderate happy new year" sounds a bit rough.   :P :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2022, 06:27:58 AM »
I don't know; I know that we've lost friends and family (to COVID and otherwise) and lord knows I've had my share of grief and hardship over the past 12 months, but I'm sorry, I just refuse to buy into this arbitrary "credit" for a year, good or bad.  2021 didn't "suck"; it had it's ups and downs like any other year.   I have my health, in whatever form that is right now.  I have my family, in whatever form that is right now.  I have my friends, in whatever form that is right now. Are all those things different from the way they were in the past? Of course, that's how life works.  And they will undoubtedly be different again when 2023 inevitably comes around.

Of course, I hope that each and every one of you reach more goals and dreams in 2022 than you do meet hardships and hurdles.  I hope you and your family can make it another 12 months intact.  But as Neal (sort of) says, "if you think you can't, then right you are!" and that's the approach I take to the annual tolling of the years; I just want each day to be better than the one before, whether it's 1999, 2019, 2020, or 2021.  I can't dwell in the dark and sadness, I want to focus on the light and the happiness.  It's there.  And for me, DTF is a decent part of that; here's to another year of good friends and good company.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »
First time in a long time I didn't celebrate on NYE.  Last 2 years sucked and I don't expect any improvement this year.

<smashes that like button>

*Smashes again
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White