Author Topic: The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....  (Read 22903 times)

Offline HOF

Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 3 Out Now!!
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2022, 11:43:57 AM »
Being slowing eaten alive might effect his memory.

Plus, he was nearly unconcious when the jawas stole his armour. It wasn't the most creative way to justify the return to the pit but... It' OK. I'm enjoying all this TV stuff.

They could have had him just make a quick detour and drop the bomb inside, but then we wouldn't get that very predictable action scene. Pretty good CGI though.

Yeah, I think they could have just written it in as Boba Fett gets his revenge on Sarlac by flying in and blowing it to smithereens like he did the biker gang.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2022, 01:19:41 PM »

Plus, he was nearly unconcious when the jawas stole his armour. It wasn't the most creative way to justify the return to the pit but... It' OK. I'm enjoying all this TV stuff.

They could have had him just make a quick detour and drop the bomb inside, but then we wouldn't get that very predictable action scene. Pretty good CGI though.

Yeah, I think they could have just written it in as Boba Fett gets his revenge on Sarlac by flying in and blowing it to smithereens like he did the biker gang.

The sarlacc thing wasn't personal. It was just an animal.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2022, 01:52:07 PM »

The sarlacc thing wasn't personal. It was just an animal.

Very reliable sources say the sarlacc made a deal with Han.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »
Someone made them go back and fill in the blanks episode, and the reason why many of us appreciated it more since it's more story than CGI action. Rick James cameo was another obvious, "we need more diversity" segment and not well played. At least it's an improvement.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2022, 06:13:44 PM »
Someone made them go back and fill in the blanks episode, and the reason why many of us appreciated it more since it's more story than CGI action. Rick James cameo was another obvious, "we need more diversity" segment and not well played. At least it's an improvement.

Sure, when a group of friends in a TV show has one of every ethnicity, its hard not to immediately think of an agenda, especially when Bruce Willis in Disney's The Kid made that point, but the Mod guy gave you that impression?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2022, 07:23:25 AM »
Rick James cameo was another obvious, "we need more diversity" segment and not well played. At least it's an improvement.
That was actually famed bass player Thundercat.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2022, 08:27:31 AM »
Rick James cameo was another obvious, "we need more diversity" segment and not well played. At least it's an improvement.

Are we really at the point where a non-white cast member is perceived as a forced "more diversity" push?

Star Wars is one of the most white franchises I've ever seen. A few non-white people ain't gonna make it crumble.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2022, 08:29:40 AM »

Are we really at the point where a non-white cast member is perceived as a forced "more diversity" push?

Star Wars is one of the most white franchises I've ever seen. A few non-white people ain't gonna make it crumble.
That too.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2022, 09:08:02 AM »
Great to see Mando again. Hopefully they also recruit Raylan Givens, I mean Cobb Vanth as well.

Offline The Letter M

Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 5 Out Now!!
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »
So this was basically Episode 0 for The Mandalorian Season 3, right?

I can see this being a HUGE factor in showcasing the difference in TBOBF and TM, even in that this episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard, who directed a couple episodes of The Mandalorian, it very much felt like an episode of that show and not an episode of TBOBF.

What can I say, I *loved* this episode. Great to see Din again, and Peli Motto as well. Don't think I ever needed to know what dating a Jawa would be like though... :lol

Lots of great cameos and callbacks in this episode, and props to the one-take near the beginning of the episode that wasn't even an action scene, but really allowed the audience to focus in on Din after the action. Good stuff all around! It'll be interesting to see how Din will fit in with the world of Boba Fett, both plot-wise and tonally.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:44:30 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2022, 11:37:03 AM »
Fantastic episode and doesn't even fit in with the rest of the show. I want more of this.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2022, 12:24:30 PM »
Wow... That was fun. That really made me realize how boring the first 4 episodes were and how little I care about what's been going on with Boba Fett. I enjoyed watching Mando walk around more than I enjoyed most of the first 4 episodes. I hope episode 6 can meld the best of both into one kick-ass finale.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2022, 12:45:54 PM »
Wow... That was fun. That really made me realize how boring the first 4 episodes were and how little I care about what's been going on with Boba Fett. I enjoyed watching Mando walk around more than I enjoyed most of the first 4 episodes. I hope episode 6 can meld the best of both into one kick-ass finale.

I hope it can do it for the NEXT TWO episodes, and not just the finale. Hard to believe there's only two more episodes of this and no date for Mandalorian S3 yet. I'm hoping for this year but given the amount of other SW live action content coming, I could see them waiting til 2023 for the third season.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2022, 05:25:27 PM »
omg if he made a little beskar chain mail coat for Grogu I will literally die from the cuteness.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2022, 05:29:13 PM »

I hope it can do it for the NEXT TWO episodes, and not just the finale. Hard to believe there's only two more episodes of this and no date for Mandalorian S3 yet. I'm hoping for this year but given the amount of other SW live action content coming, I could see them waiting til 2023 for the third season.

-Marc.
It is 2 more episodes! I was thinking it is only one more. I hope we'll get a date for Mando Season 3 at the end of this series. I think we'll get Obi Wan starting on May 4th. The question is whether Andor comes before season 3.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 5 Out Now!!
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2022, 06:12:00 PM »

Funny, while watching it I was thinking they messed up and accidentally put the 1st episode of Mando S03 where Boba should be. Talk about a setup episode.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2022, 06:40:44 PM »

Funny, while watching it I was thinking they messed up and accidentally put the 1st episode of Mando S03 where Boba should be. Talk about a setup episode.
They set up Mando being in the series in episode 4, but I wasn't expecting a full episode of Mando without any Boba Fett!

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2022, 06:56:49 PM »
I guess I meant more of a setup episode for Mando S03 and a bit of Boba. I did note the Mando music in the last episode so I expected him, but not the whole thing as well.

My guess is most of this episode will not pay off until the next Mando season.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2022, 07:16:00 PM »

-Marc.
It is 2 more episodes! I was thinking it is only one more. I hope we'll get a date for Mando Season 3 at the end of this series. I think we'll get Obi Wan starting on May 4th. The question is whether Andor comes before season 3.

Both Obi-Wan and Andor wrapped filming last October, but I'm willing to bet Obi-Wan comes in May, especially since May the 4th is on a Wednesday, which has been their day to premier new SW content on Disney+. Then I think Andor will probably come in late July/August, and Mando in November/Decemver, which is where previous seasons have started around.
They'll be spacing these 3 between some MCU shows as well (Moon Knight through late March/April, Ms. Marvel likely in July, and She-Hulk in September).

-Marc.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2022, 08:42:21 PM »
omg if he made a little beskar chain mail coat for Grogu I will literally die from the cuteness.

That's what it looked like she was making.  We got a quick shot of some links.

Ditto what pretty much everyone is saying.  This episode made me realize how much more I care about Din Djarin than Boba Fett.  I kinda figured we'd follow Mando for like 10 minutes, then his path crosses Boba Fett's (or Fennec recruits him, etc) and the rest of the episode is the two Mandalorians kicking some ass together, maybe with some Wookiee help.  Instead, we got Mando for the whole episode and no Boba Fett and I was fine with that, too.

Online Adami

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2022, 08:44:46 PM »
Odd that my favorite Boba Fett episode was a Mandolorian episode.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2022, 08:47:39 PM »

That's what it looked like she was making.  We got a quick shot of some links.

I definitely saw links. Omg omg... Well probably be waiting till Mando s3 to see his little body in chain mail...

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2022, 05:12:36 AM »
I dunno.... Mando said he had to go visit his little friend before he helped Boba. Maybe we'll see Grogu in the next episode?

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2022, 05:15:09 AM »

-Marc.

Both Obi-Wan and Andor wrapped filming last October, but I'm willing to bet Obi-Wan comes in May, especially since May the 4th is on a Wednesday, which has been their day to premier new SW content on Disney+. Then I think Andor will probably come in late July/August, and Mando in November/Decemver, which is where previous seasons have started around.
They'll be spacing these 3 between some MCU shows as well (Moon Knight through late March/April, Ms. Marvel likely in July, and She-Hulk in September).

-Marc.
I think you're probably pretty close on that timing. I figure as well that between Marvel and Star Wars shows there will be little or no overlap. I hate having to wait until the end of the year for Season 3, but with likely two new Star Wars shows in between I guess I'll get my fix.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2022, 06:17:21 AM »
First 1/2 was great. Second 1/2 could've been a 60-second montage, or better yet, just start with a completed ship for Din.  I didn't care for the build-a-ship / bonding storyline.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2022, 06:55:45 AM »
'Fighting the Darksaber' was a new introduction to it's qualities that hadn't been mentioned before. There have been four characters I can recall that have wielded it and none of them ever hinted at it getting 'heavier'....so, I'm guessing that's just something they added to spice up that lore.

I guess what we've got out of that episode was that Mando will return in the last handful of minutes in the finale to help Boba defeat the Pyke's.....and then there will be an episode in Mando S3 of him delivering the chain mail to Grogu.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2022, 08:48:32 AM »

I guess what we've got out of that episode was that Mando will return in the last handful of minutes in the finale to help Boba defeat the Pyke's.....and then there will be an episode in Mando S3 of him delivering the chain mail to Grogu.

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at in my post. Just like they connected Boba finding Fennec after the events from The Mandalorian, they will do pretty much what you said. Mando will return from his trip but we won't get the reveal until his next season.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2022, 08:57:23 AM »
I'm gonna be bold here and predict a Mace Windu appareance in the season finale.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2022, 09:02:28 AM »
That's actually a really good idea for a retcon if they're keeping the sequel trilogy canon, having Mando give Grogu chainmail armor to explain his survival in future projects. I doubt Kylo Ren would check if anyone is still alive after his temper tantrum.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2022, 09:10:12 AM »
Funny that the best episode of Boba Fett doesn't feature Boba Fett at all.

Probably not a good strategy on Lucasfilm's part.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2022, 07:45:13 PM »
Funny that the best episode of Boba Fett doesn't feature Boba Fett at all.

Probably not a good strategy on Lucasfilm's part.

RIIIIIIGHTT??!!

This Mandalorian “helmet rule” is so stupid.
How do you wash your hair?
How do you cut your hair?
How do you shave?
How do you brush your teeth?
How do you wear glasses?
How do you play the harmonica?
How do you kiss the bride?
How do you do below-the-belt stuff?
How do you repair your helmet?

I’ve never even seen him take off his damn gloves to eat or do delicate repairs.

Book of Boba is soooooooo boring.  He’s sooooooo boring. Fennic Shand is soooooooo boring. There’s a total of none personality combined.
The best part so far has been the fight at the start of the last episode and it wasn’t even Boba.

Don’t even get me started on Din’s new ship. How do you be a bounty hunter if you can’t transport your bounty?  It’s friggin’ cool, though.

Online Adami

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2022, 07:54:45 PM »
Mandolorians take off their helmet.

Just not around other people.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2022, 09:39:10 PM »
Someone referred to grogu's hopeful chain mail vest as space mithril  :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2022, 09:36:55 AM »
Mandolorians take off their helmet.

Just not around other people.

Hmmmm... cuz The Armourer says this:

1)  "Din Djarin, have you ever removed your helmet?"
2)  "Has it ever been removed by others?"

So it seems it always has to be on, unless I'm missing some info, but either way it's still a stupider-than-stupid rule.

Online Adami

« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2022, 09:53:23 AM »
I think the implications were.....implied.

They just can't show other people their face or whatever. Nothing too complicated, dumb or not.
fanticide.bandcamp.com