Author Topic: The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....  (Read 22901 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 3 Out Now!!
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2022, 02:27:28 PM »
I'll keep on watching just for the sake of it, but the show has me unimpressed.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2022, 07:41:02 PM »
Only one episode in but I love how this feels and looks just as good as Mando. Hail Jon Favreau

Online HOF

« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2022, 08:09:57 PM »
I think the flashback scenes are the most interesting, but they also feel a lot like they could be episodes of The Mandalorian. I feel like they made a very rushed effort to explain the political factions on Los Endos* in the third episode, and I still don’t understand who is who or why anyone cares that Boba Fett is hanging out in Jabba’s palace. Why are they paying him tribute? It’s him and the lady from Shield and no army. It’s just a really weird awkward show so far. The teenage cyberpunk gang was pretty out of place on Tatooine, no? Also, the catfish looking people are literally named Pike? Whaaaat?

*don’t remember the real name

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2022, 05:09:58 PM »
Chase scene was cheezwhiz

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2022, 05:10:45 PM »
I remember during the chase scene actually saying "I wonder who directed this episode, cause they don't seem to understand action" and then I saw who the director was and became quite puzzled.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2022, 09:06:03 PM »
Yeah, I think we all expected better from Robert Rodriguez.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »
During the chasing, my stepson said “I keep waiting for them to crash into a fruit stand.”

Then when that exact thing happened at the end we all laughed.

Some aspects of this I’m really enjoying…but it’s getting a bit too predictable.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2022, 07:08:29 AM »

The biker chick was cute, though.

Yeah, she's also on the show "Yellowjackets", Which IMO is a pretty good show.

The chase was lame, but I loved the retro sparkle paint jobs on the vehicles. Reminds me of being a kid in the 70s.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2022, 07:52:13 AM »

The biker chick was cute, though.

Yeah, she's also on the show "Yellowjackets", Which IMO is a pretty good show.

The chase was lame, but I loved the retro sparkle paint jobs on the vehicles. Reminds me of being a kid in the 70s.

Their speeder vespas were seemingly based on the colorful motor scooters used by Mod subculture folks from the late '50s/'60s London. Now, "Mod" as the subculture term, was based on the term modernists, but in this context, it's funny to call these Mos Espa kids Mods because they've modified their bodies to include cybernetic implants and modifications to their bodies.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2022, 08:03:31 AM »
I remember during the chase scene actually saying "I wonder who directed this episode, cause they don't seem to understand action" and then I saw who the director was and became quite puzzled.

Rodriguez has also directed the Spy Kids franchise which he credits for making him bank, so I'm guessing that's what he was going for with that chase.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2022, 09:54:37 AM »

Rodriguez has also directed the Spy Kids franchise which he credits for making him bank, so I'm guessing that's what he was going for with that chase.
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he intended the chase to be cheesy. Now, I don't think the scene really worked all that well, but I don't see them intending that scene to be an intense, thrilling chase. It was some goofy hipster kids chasing a low level politician. They were clearly going for cheesy and cliché.

I personally would have preferred if the scene was set up as the ridiculous chase that it was, but Boba dropped in on him 5 seconds in and stopped the whole thing in a "really... you're going to try and run on Bob Fett? Do you even know who I am?" bad-ass way rather than letting it play out as long as it did.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2022, 09:20:05 AM »
Since I don't have streaming at home, just my cell phone service for internet, I cant watch this series and I don't mind spoilers.  After reading this thread, I hope I can find a way to see all these episodes at some point.  I'm stoked to hear that Trejo shows up with a freakin pet Rancor!  So this means that Boba Fett took over Jabbas palace and will now have a new Rancor to dwell in the pit below.  It makes me wonder how they carted the old dead Rancor out of there after Luke defeated it, lol! 
I don't see Boba fett being as merciless as Jabba, so the new Rancor might have to be a vegan??  I'm sure there will end up being a dark twist and the Rancor will end up going on some sort of rampage..  :corn
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2022, 10:11:29 AM »
I really hated the way that Boba's new biker gang has day-glo bikes that look sparkly and new.

NOTHING should look sparkly and new in Star Wars, especially on Tatooine.  That goes against the entire established aesthetic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2022, 10:41:45 AM »
I really hated the way that Boba's new biker gang has day-glo bikes that look sparkly and new.

NOTHING should look sparkly and new in Star Wars, especially on Tatooine.  That goes against the entire established aesthetic.

Good lord so much this. God that shit was fucking annoying. I mean, how did a bunch of pastel Vespas with their multiple mirrors a la Quadrophenia end up in a galaxy far, far away.

Online HOF

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2022, 10:54:39 AM »

Good lord so much this. God that shit was fucking annoying. I mean, how did a bunch of pastel Vespas with their multiple mirrors a la Quadrophenia end up in a galaxy far, far away.

These kids apparently invented color and designer fashion. Also, they apparently were doing alright for themselves as just a gang of thieves, but for some reason when Boba Fett offered them a “job” they all jumped at it. Really weird scene that was.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2022, 01:24:21 PM »
I've been referring to them as the Mod Squad, not only for their Mod subculture inspiration (like the speeders), but also because they like to modify their bodies with cybernetic implants.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2022, 04:46:44 AM »
I've been referring to them as the Mod Squad, not only for their Mod subculture inspiration (like the speeders), but also because they like to modify their bodies with cybernetic implants.

-Marc.

Wanna-Borgs
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2022, 10:10:33 AM »
Well, Episode 4 confirms a few things for me:
-The time that Boba spent with the Tuskens was, in fact, years, which I feel could've been shown a bit more, but I guess with only 3 episodes of flashbacks, that couldn't have been easy to do.
-We see exactly how Boba found Fennec and what they did after their first meeting, which is cool to see and finally connect it to the Mandalorian season 1.
-We know exactly how Boba Fett got his ship back, which was really cool, even if that scene in the kitchen was a bit silly (though pretty Star Wars-ish).
-Wookiees can still rip arms off, which is what I've been wanting to see from Krrsantan ever since he was shown two episodes ago.
-Fennec calls the street gang "The Mods", which is hilarious for the double entendre.

Not an awful episode, but I can see how this one might bore some folks. Now that we've crossed the mid-way point of the series, hopefully this means we're climbing up to the climax of the series from here on out. I think we're also done with the flashbacks as well, so we may be entirely in "the present" story line from here on out.

-Marc.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2022, 12:39:20 PM »
Based on the musical stinger at the end, we should be getting a Mando cameo soon.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2022, 01:37:30 PM »
Story-wise that was a pretty good episode. I too could do without the kid fight in the kitchen, I think tonally it messes up the episode but on its own it's fine. I think that episode also had a lot of plot stuffed in it. But overall a lot more enjoyable than the previous episode, at least the flashbacks are done.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2022, 10:52:18 PM »
Definite improvement over the last episode, much more focused and more true to what I'd expect out of this show. Also appreciate anything Fennec Shand heavy. At least we have some direction now, though I expect a few twist before this is over for sure.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2022, 08:11:53 AM »
People have been asking why he would want to be a crime boss.  I thought he explained it pretty well, and it made sense in context.  He's tired of working solo, for idiots.  The meeting with the other bosses seemed to be based on the scene from The Godfather where Don Vito meets with the other bosses, complete with the one guy who clearly has some issues with the plan, pretends to agree, but obviously is going to try some shit later.

When he let Krrsantan go last episode, Mrs. Orbert and I both figured he'd suddenly appear a few episodes from now to save the day.  That would be the cliché.  I'm glad they side-stepped that and just had Boba hire him.  The guy needs a job now, although I did find it amusing that he was bored so he decided to get drunk and bust up some Transdoshans, rip a few arms off, etc.  Just another night at the club.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2022, 09:35:34 AM »
People have been asking why he would want to be a crime boss.  I thought he explained it pretty well, and it made sense in context.  He's tired of working solo, for idiots.  The meeting with the other bosses seemed to be based on the scene from The Godfather where Don Vito meets with the other bosses, complete with the one guy who clearly has some issues with the plan, pretends to agree, but obviously is going to try some shit later.

When he let Krrsantan go last episode, Mrs. Orbert and I both figured he'd suddenly appear a few episodes from now to save the day.  That would be the cliché.  I'm glad they side-stepped that and just had Boba hire him.  The guy needs a job now, although I did find it amusing that he was bored so he decided to get drunk and bust up some Transdoshans, rip a few arms off, etc.  Just another night at the club.

To be fair, the Trandoshans have dealt with Wookiee pelts (one was offered to Boba as tribute in episode 1), so maybe Krrsantan wasn't happy with that.

-Marc.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »
Oh yeah, I didn't have any problem with it.  The Trandoshans seem to be among the less-liked species on Tatooine, so Krrsantan messing with them fell under the "eh, those guys are dicks anyway" category.  I didn't catch that that was a Wookiee pelt during the tribute scene, but I can certainly see Krrsantan not being cool with that.  He wasn't there, obviously, but it would be known that those guys hunt Wookiees.

When that one smashed a glass over the back of his head and he just stopped for a second, I figured he'd just get thrown through a wall or something.  When BK ripped his arm off (after Garsa tried unsuccessfully to defuse the situation) I thought "Oh yeah, they do that.  Cool.  Always wanted to see a Wookiee rip an arm off."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2022, 11:15:17 AM »
Oh yeah, I didn't have any problem with it.  The Trandoshans seem to be among the less-liked species on Tatooine, so Krrsantan messing with them fell under the "eh, those guys are dicks anyway" category.  I didn't catch that that was a Wookiee pelt during the tribute scene, but I can certainly see Krrsantan not being cool with that.  He wasn't there, obviously, but it would be known that those guys hunt Wookiees.

When that one smashed a glass over the back of his head and he just stopped for a second, I figured he'd just get thrown through a wall or something.  When BK ripped his arm off (after Garsa tried unsuccessfully to defuse the situation) I thought "Oh yeah, they do that.  Cool.  Always wanted to see a Wookiee rip an arm off."

You should watch Solo: A Star Wars Story then.  :lol

-Marc.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2022, 11:50:49 AM »
I did see Solo once, and thought it was okay, but I don't remember an arm-ripping scene.  It makes sense that there was one in a movie whose sole purpose seemed to be to show us every single thing Han mentioned in the original trilogy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2022, 10:23:35 AM »
This episode definitely moved in the right direction.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2022, 10:36:15 AM »
Mostly good episode but highlighted the clashing tones. The Bantha pet dog or whatever plus the kitchen fight, straight out of a 90's kid's film just clashes with the more serious nature of a cold bounty hunter building an underground crime family.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2022, 10:40:12 AM »
Based on the musical stinger at the end, we should be getting a Mando cameo soon.

I caught that as well. Seemed like foreshadowing.

All of the explanation made sense to me. I know people are knocking it that he's not a bad dude, but I found his reasoning completely logical.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2022, 12:40:49 PM »
Cracked has a pretty good article about The Book of Boba Fett and why its story is so underwhelming.  I like the show so far, but it is a bit slow and is I agree with a lot of what Cracked has to say about it.

The Book Of Boba Fett's Biggest Problem Is The Mandalorian

I confess to reading Cracked more often than I should.  Once you get past their ridiculously juvenile way of presenting things (which are thankfully rather toned down here), they make some good points.

Online HOF

« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2022, 07:16:02 PM »
So, did Boba just forget that he made it out of the Sarlac with his armor and that it was the Jawas who took it? That was a weird scene.

I like how the bantha is just a human mouth underneath a mop of hair.

The story continues to be underwhelming, but maybe Mando will inject some excitement into the series.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2022, 01:34:10 AM »
So, did Boba just forget that he made it out of the Sarlac with his armor and that it was the Jawas who took it? That was a weird scene.
That's what I was thinking.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2022, 02:04:01 AM »
Being slowing eaten alive might effect his memory.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »

Plus, he was nearly unconcious when the jawas stole his armour. It wasn't the most creative way to justify the return to the pit but... It' OK. I'm enjoying all this TV stuff.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2022, 11:19:36 AM »

Plus, he was nearly unconcious when the jawas stole his armour. It wasn't the most creative way to justify the return to the pit but... It' OK. I'm enjoying all this TV stuff.

They could have had him just make a quick detour and drop the bomb inside, but then we wouldn't get that very predictable action scene. Pretty good CGI though.