Author Topic: The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....  (Read 23236 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The Book Of Boba Fett-episode 2 out now!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2022, 10:28:28 AM »
Has any read or heard anything that explains the timeline between when Boba fell into the Sarlaac and when he made his way out? Curious if the flashbacks are happening during the events of ROTJ, or if some time has passed.

The skiff wreckage looks to be sand blown over a bit and the sarlac tentacle that was severed by Lando with the gun shot seems to be withering. I don't think there's a good place to find out how long passed but I bet it was a handful of days.

I'd be surprised if it was even that long.  The human body can't survive without water for more than a handful of days.  I'd say 1-2 days tops in the Sarlaac

Doesn't the Sarlaac keep them alive while being digested? Otherwise how can they experience a new level of pain being digested over a thousand years if they die in 2 days?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »
Has any read or heard anything that explains the timeline between when Boba fell into the Sarlaac and when he made his way out? Curious if the flashbacks are happening during the events of ROTJ, or if some time has passed.

The skiff wreckage looks to be sand blown over a bit and the sarlac tentacle that was severed by Lando with the gun shot seems to be withering. I don't think there's a good place to find out how long passed but I bet it was a handful of days.

I'd be surprised if it was even that long.  The human body can't survive without water for more than a handful of days.  I'd say 1-2 days tops in the Sarlaac

Doesn't the Sarlaac keep them alive while being digested? Otherwise how can they experience a new level of pain being digested over a thousand years if they die in 2 days?

I never thought about it that way ... that line always bothered me, like how does someone stay alive for that long without air and essential nutrients?   :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2022, 10:58:53 AM »

I never thought about it that way ... that line always bothered me, like how does someone stay alive for that long without air and essential nutrients?   :D

Plus...it seems like a horrible way to ensure survival. I mean....food has to be scarce naturally so I'd think the thing would be STARVING by the time something accidentally falls in.....I'd want to digest that up ASAP and get some nutrients.  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2022, 11:11:37 AM »
Well that would just defeat the whole purpose of Jabba's intimidation techniques now, wouldn't it?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2022, 05:58:16 PM »
So far this isn't blowing my skirt up at all.

I wish he'd just be a bounty hunter and not a gang leader.  He could go hunt remaining Jedi even.

Online HOF

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2022, 07:30:38 PM »
It was cool of Neal Morse to make an appearance in this episode!

Also, I literally asked a few minutes before the lizard went in his brain, “where do they get the wood for those staffs? I’ve never seen a tree on Tatooine.” And then that happened!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2022, 06:58:33 PM »

I wish he'd just be a bounty hunter and not a gang leader.  He could go hunt remaining Jedi even.
ya know... This is a good point. I probably would have preferred a series about Fett being a.bad ass bounty hunter.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2022, 07:05:17 PM »

ya know... This is a good point. I probably would have preferred a series about Fett being a.bad ass bounty hunter.

I guess this honestly never occurred to me because I never (and *especially* since the prequels) viewed Boba Fett as a bounty hunter. I only saw him as a mercenary, who occasionally takes jobs as a bounty hunter. So when I saw there was going to be a show about Boba Fett (and especially with the set up in The Mandalorian) the idea of him being “a bounty hunter” was the furthest thing from my mind.

In fact, I would have been shocked, and maybe even a bit disappointed if it had. It would feel like a step backwards to me.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
I paid the vig.  You're welcome
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 02:58:54 PM »
No idea which noob locked this, but I blame Nick.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2022, 03:23:09 PM »
Don't hate the show in its own right, but whoever this character is its not Boba Fett.

Its veered way off course of what was set up originally in Empire and Jedi. He never wanted to rule over stuff. He's a ruthless, loner Bounty hunter for hire. And why he keeps constantly taking his helmet off, I'll never understand.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2022, 03:28:02 PM »
Looking back at my statement, I should reword it to read:

I never viewed Boba Fett as strictly a bounty hunter…

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2022, 03:31:21 PM »
Since he was strictly referred to and portrayed as a bounty hunter in V and VI, I'm not sure what else he should be have been viewed as.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2022, 03:40:40 PM »
Since he was strictly referred to and portrayed as a bounty hunter in V and VI, I'm not sure what else he should be have been viewed as.

Well, like I said…with his background with his father in the prequels, and the setup in The Mandalorian, it seemed clear to me that he was more mercenary than anything else. But whatever pays the bills, so to speak. Bounty hunting would be one of those things.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2022, 05:46:23 PM »
I think we will learn what has changed his mind and mindset through the flashbactas during his time with the Tusken Raiders. I think his initiation into their tribe will veer him off from being a mercenary and bounty hunter and come want to turn his life around.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline PetFish

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2022, 06:24:08 PM »
Don't hate the show in its own right, but whoever this character is its not Boba Fett.

:hefdaddy  :hefdaddy  :hefdaddy  :hefdaddy  :hefdaddy

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2022, 06:52:43 PM »

Its veered way off course of what was set up originally in Empire and Jedi. He never wanted to rule over stuff. He's a ruthless, loner Bounty hunter for hire. And why he keeps constantly taking his helmet off, I'll never understand.

He has so little screen time in the original trilogy and prequels. How could anyone get a grasp of his character or intentions? He apparently doesn't follow the old ways, so taking his helmet off isn't an issue. I for sure wouldn't want to be wearing a helmet all the time.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2022, 07:47:13 PM »
Yeah... I’m not getting all the dislike. The dude was understandably disarmed by a band of glowing eyed midgets. I think the ‘helmet-never-comes-off’ ship has sailed.

Online HOF

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2022, 08:24:47 PM »
Honestly, the dude who plays Boba Fett just feels like a weird choice age-wise. He just doesn’t look like he should be surviving the beating he’s taking, or kicking as much butt as he does. The original Boba Fett was a much slimmer guy without an accent, and I don’t think anyone had the impression he was in his 60s during Empire and ROTJ.

I also do wonder why they went to so much trouble to develop the Mandalorian lore in The Mandalorian for a completely separate character and then bring Boba Fett back to not be that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
Honestly, the dude who plays Boba Fett just feels like a weird choice age-wise. He just doesn’t look like he should be surviving the beating he’s taking, or kicking as much butt as he does. The original Boba Fett was a much slimmer guy without an accent, and I don’t think anyone had the impression he was in his 60s during Empire and ROTJ.

Yeah, I kinda agree with that.  But it's been entertaining enough that I'm not letting that bother me too much.

I also do wonder why they went to so much trouble to develop the Mandalorian lore in The Mandalorian for a completely separate character and then bring Boba Fett back to not be that.

It didn't develop a universal Madalorian lore.  That lore is specific to that small fanatical sect that Mando is a part of.  Even if you haven't seen any of the animated shows, The Madalorian itself makes that clear in later episodes. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2022, 08:54:14 PM »

It didn't develop a universal Madalorian lore.  That lore is specific to that small fanatical sect that Mando is a part of.  Even if you haven't seen any of the animated shows, The Madalorian itself makes that clear in later episodes.

Didn't Bo Katan and her partner even rip on Mando about it?

Online HOF

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »

Didn't Bo Katan and her partner even rip on Mando about it?

Yeah, that's all true. Still, the impetus for a standalone show about Mandalorians was mainly Boba Fett, right? Maybe there is more in the animated shows that plays into it (never have seen those).

I am curious where they are going with Boba Fett's character. I'm assuming he's going towards some sort of redemption as a character. It would be weird if he just becomes the new crime boss in Jobba's place.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:06:34 PM by HOF »

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »

He had a handful of lines and not much screen time in the OT.  I don't know how that would leave anyone thinking they know all that much about the character.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2022, 09:23:45 AM »

He had a handful of lines and not much screen time in the OT.  I don't know how that would leave anyone thinking they know all that much about the character.

You must be new to the Internet.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2022, 09:48:39 AM »
Pretty lukewarm (not a luke pun) on this show so far. It's not terrible or anything but I really don't get why we needed this show considering we already have The Mandalorian. I guess I was partly skeptical because I never thought much of Boba Fett to begin with - pretty useless character with minimum screen time in the OT movies who has a comical death, who similar to Darth Maul has been hyped up over decades in other venues (comics, games, whatever else) but aside from an iconic looking armor there's really not much exciting to grasp onto for me.

We're only at the beginning of Disney making Star Wars shows and it just feels like we're running on the fumes of ideas from decades ago. I'm sure this season will bring in <insert familiar face from any of the movies> to get people hyped up and that buzz will keep the show going into next season where they might do the same. If we didn't have The Mandalorian already I might be more positive on this show but did we really need another show with a grumpy stoic 'Clint Eastwood' gunslinger doing bounty hunter things while meeting wacky side characters?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2022, 09:54:45 AM »
pretty useless character with minimum screen time in the OT movies who has a comical death, who similar to Darth Maul has been hyped up over decades in other venues (comics, games, whatever else) but aside from an iconic looking armor there's really not much exciting to grasp onto for me.

Funny you should say that.  I was having a conversation about this with my 16 year old the other day.  He was saying he didn't like how the first episode made Boba Fett look too weak.  I told him I thought that was a really odd criticism, and pointed out that he hasn't really done anything in any of the cannon material to give the impression that he's anything special.  On the contrary, he's the guy that died because somebody bumped into him too hard.  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2022, 09:56:28 AM »
I'm digging the show, though if I were in charge at Disney/Lucasfilm, I wouldn't have made this the 2nd Star Wars live action show.

It's just....too damn similar to Mando in so many ways. I think if they had done 2 other, quite different, live action shows after Mando season 2, then this would've been seen in a slightly better light.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2022, 10:15:14 AM »
When The Book of Boba Fett was announced (basically the end credits scene in the last episode of The Mandalorian season 2), I remember some people thought that that meant it was the end of The Mandalorian and that we'd be following Boba Fett now.  I thought it was clear that that's how they were announcing the new series, but I also wondered why we needed two shows about Mandalorians.  Basically they're just more stories set in a familiar universe, and as long as the stories are good, I'm on board, but it does seem like they could've come up with something very different and instead settled on "more of the same, mostly".

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2022, 10:46:08 AM »
To be fair, they also had The Bad Batch between Mando S2 and TBOBF, but I understand that not everyone watches the animated Star Wars content. Admittedly, I haven't, but I hear a lot of great things about Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch, and they're all Canon to the films.

Going forward, we do have some very different shows coming up like Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Andor, so I think we're in for a treat as far as live-action SW content on Disney+.

I'm hoping TBOBF will slowly carve out its own identity apart from The Mandalorian, and I think it already has, especially with Boba's flashbactas, giving us a glimpse into a kind of story that we haven't seen in SW yet. Sure, some folks might be more interested in the crime lord aspect, but we've also had those in SW before, especially with Jabba the Hutt. It will be interesting to see them develop that a bit, though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it connect to Solo, which set up crime syndicates like the Crimson Dawn. Qi'ra cameo, anyone?

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online HOF

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2022, 10:52:24 AM »
To be fair, they also had The Bad Batch between Mando S2 and TBOBF, but I understand that not everyone watches the animated Star Wars content. Admittedly, I haven't, but I hear a lot of great things about Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch, and they're all Canon to the films.

Going forward, we do have some very different shows coming up like Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Andor, so I think we're in for a treat as far as live-action SW content on Disney+.

I'm hoping TBOBF will slowly carve out its own identity apart from The Mandalorian, and I think it already has, especially with Boba's flashbactas, giving us a glimpse into a kind of story that we haven't seen in SW yet. Sure, some folks might be more interested in the crime lord aspect, but we've also had those in SW before, especially with Jabba the Hutt. It will be interesting to see them develop that a bit, though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it connect to Solo, which set up crime syndicates like the Crimson Dawn. Qi'ra cameo, anyone?

-Marc.

Speaking of Solo, I'm wondering if we'll get an appearance by Han in this series similar to how Luke shows up at the end of The Mandalorian. Maybe Boba and Han mend fences and team up to take down the Hutt clan or something.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Book Of Boba - All Whiners Report to the Sarlacc Pit...
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
I'm enjoying it. As for why he's not doing so much bounty hunting: guy is in his mid-late forties and going through a Sarlacc didn't do him any favours. Finding a more stable form of power and income makes sense.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2022, 03:13:31 PM »
I'm enjoying it. As for why he's not doing so much bounty hunting: guy is in his mid-late forties and going through a Sarlacc didn't do him any favours. Finding a more stable form of power and income makes sense.

That's how I look at it. Not to be too spoilery but in the Clone Wars.....there is a story arc with a young Boba and he basically takes up with a group of free agent bounty hunters/crime syndicate where they aren't always bounty hunting....they're stealing, conning etc etc. Doing anything to gain money and power. So, it's not as if he was raised as a strict mandalorian. I'm sure he gravitated towards it in later years because of his father....but his character 'cannon' has his background painted as someone out to make money and seek power....not strictly abide by the mandalorian code.

I mean, we're two episodes in to the series. And for me, thus far it's been pretty insightful and interesting. Like a few have mentioned....it's not like there was this massive back story about Boba Fett in the OT. He had a cool 'look' and was called a bounty hunter. There wasn't a foundation that was necessary to adhere to other than the look and perhaps others in that universe maybe being aware of who he is/was.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2022, 05:51:47 PM »

-Marc.

Speaking of Solo, I'm wondering if we'll get an appearance by Han in this series similar to how Luke shows up at the end of The Mandalorian. Maybe Boba and Han mend fences and team up to take down the Hutt clan or something.

I doubt Harrison Ford would be up for that. They had to roll him out of bed just for his cameo in Rise of Skywalker.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2022, 05:58:32 PM »

-Marc.

I doubt Harrison Ford would be up for that. They had to roll him out of bed just for his cameo in Rise of Skywalker.

Yeah, I think Ford is completely done with SW at this point. He's probably nearly done with Indiana Jones as well, especially once the fifth one comes out.

I think a more likely cameo could be someone like my aforementioned Qi'ra, given her ties to crime syndicates, or even someone Watto or Sebulba, if they're still alive by the time after ROTJ.

-Marc.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2022, 06:08:28 PM »
When HOF brought it up, I wasn’t even thinking about Ford (for reasons already mentioned). My mind went immediately to Alden Ehrenreich, which I don’t think is that far fetched.