Author Topic: The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....  (Read 23289 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 3 Out Now!!
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2022, 10:13:13 AM »
I think the implications were.....implied.

They just can't show other people their face or whatever. Nothing too complicated, dumb or not.

This is the way
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2022, 12:01:02 PM »
Funny that the best episode of Boba Fett doesn't feature Boba Fett at all.

Probably not a good strategy on Lucasfilm's part.

Just caught the latest episode and was thinking the same. This episode just served to highlight the differences between the two shows.

I think they should can TBOBF after this season and just have Boba as the occasional recurring character in future Mandalorian seasons.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2022, 12:10:25 PM »
That's actually a really good idea for a retcon if they're keeping the sequel trilogy canon, having Mando give Grogu chainmail armor to explain his survival in future projects. I doubt Kylo Ren would check if anyone is still alive after his temper tantrum.

Especially since when Grogu would get hit with a strike from a light saber or other weapon he'd be like a golf ball or football being punted. Just launched for some distance out of sight  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2022, 12:25:17 PM »
That's actually a really good idea for a retcon if they're keeping the sequel trilogy canon, having Mando give Grogu chainmail armor to explain his survival in future projects. I doubt Kylo Ren would check if anyone is still alive after his temper tantrum.

Especially since when Grogu would get hit with a strike from a light saber or other weapon he'd be like a golf ball or football being punted. Just launched for some distance out of sight  :lol

That's a fucking glorious visual.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2022, 02:40:03 PM »
Agree with pretty much what already has been said.

The Book of Boba Fett is good and entertaining for total Star Wars geeks like myself, but the average fan like my wife have not enjoyed it until this weeks episode. I'm sure this is a one and done.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2022, 02:51:19 PM »
I think it was always intended to be a segue between Mando S2 and Mando S3. D+ knows where the money is.

Offline HOF

« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2022, 08:41:32 PM »
This was a fun episode this week for sure. I thought the curved space station thing was a really cool idea. Kind of random to see the first ever commercial space flight in Star Wars history!*

*no, I don’t care if this has happened in some book or cartoon before. ;-)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2022, 11:58:37 AM »
This was a fun episode this week for sure. I thought the curved space station thing was a really cool idea.

Seemed like they took it straight from Niven's Ringworld.  Look at the pic here if you are not familiar (not going to bother copying the image into my imgur account):  https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/amazon-ringworld-moves-forward-game-of-thrones-director/

The main "world" where people live is a giant ring that orbits the sun.  They live on the inside facing the sun, and the spinning of the ring is what produced gravity.  Day/night effect is produce by a ring of rectangles on a closer orbit to the sun. 

EDIT:  Looks like at least one writer picked up on it, and does a pretty good job of explaining it:  https://www.polygon.com/22903093/book-of-boba-fett-halo-ringworld-space-station
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 12:06:17 PM by bosk1 »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2022, 12:32:29 PM »
Ringworld was my first thought as well.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2022, 05:50:58 PM »
Same here.  We is all smart.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2022, 06:21:19 PM »
AKA we is all nerds.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline HOF

« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2022, 11:03:15 PM »
Had never heard of Ringworld or that concept before tonight, but I spent some time reading up on it, and it sounds pretty darn cool (if likely impossible/impractical to build).

Offline faizoff

« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2022, 10:30:28 AM »
Halo and Elysium are the two things I thought of when watching that episode. The set design on this episode outside of Tattoine was fantastic.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2022, 08:32:53 AM »
Had never heard of Ringworld or that concept before tonight, but I spent some time reading up on it, and it sounds pretty darn cool (if likely impossible/impractical to build).

I loved the original novel and all of the spinoffs and sequels when I was younger (college age).  Not sure how they would hold up if I read them now, but I really liked them at the time.  Niven did two things really well in his books: 

First and most importantly, he told good stories.  You can have the most interesting theoretical concept in the world, and it will fall flat for most readers if the story isn't good.

Second, he would come up with really interesting ideas, like the ringworld itself, and explain the theoretical science behind it in a way that made it sound plausible, but was also simple enough to grasp.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2022, 10:01:39 PM »
Some of these fans in the Baby Yoda FB groups are way too obsessed with this thing, but we did end up with what Grogu would look like in his Space Mithril coat...

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2022, 04:21:47 AM »
What a great episode! At least Boba showed up for a few seconds in this one.  :lol

I was happy to see Cobb Vanth again. I suspected he would show up. Wasn't expecting Ahsoka though. And OMG... Cad Bane!!!

Luke's CGI face was better in this than the last time we saw him, but it was still a little off. I suspect we're going to see plenty more of Luke in the Mandoverse shows. I could see him teaming up with Ahsoka in her show.

What will Grogu chose? I'm not sure what's better for Star Wars' future. Cute little guy hanging with Din in The Mandalorian, or setting him up as a kick-ass Jedi in the future. Perhaps teaming up with Rey in a future series set decades after the sequel trilogy? I honestly think if they're going to make him a viable character to focus on, they need to have him age quickly. Like he unlocks knowledge or something that had been repressed by his trauma. He definitely took some pretty big steps in this episode.

I'm expecting an epic finale next week. Hopefully Boba will be worthy of his own show in the end. Right now it feels like the set-up from episodes 1-4 could have been greatly condensed to get us to this point. As of now, it seems like this all could have been a side plot of The Mandalorian Season 3 instead of it's own series. We'll see how it ends up.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 05:33:57 AM by lordxizor »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2022, 05:56:17 AM »
Finally watched the available episodes and pretty disappointed in the series. Saw a lot of things mentioned that I agree with while scrolling through.
That chase scene appeared SLOW, not sure how thats possible to even do. But I DO enjoy MODS on Mod Bikes. The mirrors like Quadrophenia had me laughing.
There is a distinct "Disney" touch that I get now and then that I don't think I've felt before on other series/movies.
The Mando episode was by far the best, which is saying something.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2022, 06:55:23 AM »
I just can't with Grogu's one inch vertical jump.  :D

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2022, 08:18:07 AM »
I just can't with Grogu's one inch vertical jump.  :D

Hey, at least he learned how to use the force...well, after the training remote started firing at him, but still!

Wow, Star Wars fans of all walks will surely love this episode. Admittedly, I am not as familiar with the animated stuff (Clone Wars/Rebels) so I don't have huge attachments to characters like Ahsoka and Cad Bane, but seeing them in live action is a treat. Dave Filoni further solidifies the importance of those shows by continuing to introduce animated characters into live action and now I need to find time to start watching al those episodes of animated series!

Also, another Order 66 flashback is sure to be traumatic for anyone, but my big question is how the HECK did Luke get Yoda's lightsaber? The same way that Maz Kanata got Luke's lightsaber after it disappeared in Cloud City? SO MANY QUESTIONS! And I have a feeling that Grogu will chose the armor, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong. I think for Din Djarin to focus on the restoration of Mandalore, he might have to go it alone without Grogu, but it would also be neat to see Grogu grow up to become a tiny Mandalorian as well, so who knows. Maybe a Force Ghost Yoda will appear at Luke's school and convince Grogu (not) to become a Jedi.

I'm willing to bet Ahsoka's appearance lined up well with the shooting of her own show. I honestly couldn't see much reason for her to be there other than to have a wink-and-nod to Luke/Anakin. From what I'm aware of, this is their first time ever meeting, right? So I can imagine what that conversation might be like given her history with Anakin.

After doing some skimming of Cad Bane's wookieepedia article, I see that he had Boba Fett as an apprentice, so it'll be interesting to see how they interact next episode, if they do. While Boba Fett has been largely absent from the past two episodes, it seems like we're pulling in everyone from his past, from Krrsantan and Din joining his forces, to Cad Bane showing up, so it might be an interesting "family reunion" of sorts.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2022, 08:31:44 AM »
how the HECK did Luke get Yoda's lightsaber?
Did he take it from Yoda's hut after he died? Or did Yoda lose his lightsaber before he went into hiding? I forget what exactly happened during that battle with Palpy in Ep. 3.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2022, 08:34:19 AM »
Did he take it from Yoda's hut after he died? Or did Yoda lose his lightsaber before he went into hiding? I forget what exactly happened during that battle with Palpy in Ep. 3.

It's been awhile since I've seen Episode III, but I'm pretty sure he lost it in the Senate room during his battle with Palpatine.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
Hopefully Raylan is still alive.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »

It's been awhile since I've seen Episode III, but I'm pretty sure he lost it in the Senate room during his battle with Palpatine.

-Marc.

Just did a quick search and it said he kept it in a box in his hut on Dagobah.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »
Hopefully Raylan is still alive.

I'd think so, it looked like they were starting to give him medical attention.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »

:lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »
 :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2022, 06:57:05 PM »
Fantastic episode! Love that Cad Bane is now live action as well. Really great character! The de-aging looked 10x better in this episode and really worked well. Seems like this show is really just serving as a set up for the other shows but it makes sense being that it’s been mentioned they will all tie into one another.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2022, 07:33:41 PM »
So another great episode. Did Boba have any lines?

I think calling this The Book of Boba Fett is becoming misleading.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2022, 08:37:03 PM »
Not much to add, really.  Another episode which was more The Mandolorian than TBoBF, which is good because I find it more interesting and entertaining, but bad because it means another chapter of Boba Fett's story down, and still nothing's really happening.  The stories are tied up a bit together now, I get it, but it feels weird how they've done it.  Like if they were going to combine the shows and storylines like this, it could've been better balanced.

Offline The Letter M

Re: The Book Of Boba - Episode 6 Out Now!!
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2022, 08:56:52 PM »
They honestly should just have a singular "Star Wars EU" show that focuses on individual story lines that weave in and out of each other rather than naming them "The Mandalorian" or "The Book Of Boba Fett", especially we are going to keep seeing characters pop up between them all. I honestly would not be surprised if Din, Boba, Luke, or Cad Bane pop up in something like Ahsoka's show.

I also won't be surprised if there's some sort of connective tissue between Andor and the Obi-Wan show since they'll take place in a similar time frame (before the destruction of Alderaan). Folks like Filoni and Favreau are doing for Star Wars what Feige and the folks at Marvel have been doing with the MCU for well over a decade now, and are creating a fuller universe. It almost seems unfair to Boba Fett to have his name on this show and a third of its six episodes doesn't even feature him. If The Mandalorian and TBOBF were just "Star Wars - The Expanded Universe Show", maybe it wouldn't feel as weird when we get full episodes of a show focusing on Din Djarin after four episodes focusing on Boba Fett. If these were films in a series, we would have had 4 films on Din already, 1 on Boba, and now one that brings them all together (episodes 5-7 of TBOBF). But that's just being nitpicky. I've been enjoying it all just the same, regardless of whatever title these episodes fall under. It's like how Captain America: Civil War felt like Avengers 2.5 - yes, we get all of these cool cameos and check in on what other characters are doing, but in the end, there's still a story focusing on the title character. Let's just hope there's a big pay off in next week's finale!

-Marc.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2022, 09:09:35 PM »
Dave Filoni is the man! Was really not expecting more of the Mando in this episode and then a whole slew of characters drop in. I'm optimistic the finale should now be at least entertaining.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jammindude

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2022, 09:27:08 PM »
Am I the only one who was a bit taken aback by the rendering on Luke Skywalker?

In EVERYTHING else where it’s been used, I could totally tell that CGI was being used. Even when Skywalker showed up at the end of the Mandalorian. But in this episode, I honestly had a very difficult time telling the difference…and I KNEW it was CGI.

They are getting really good at this.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline faizoff

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2022, 09:54:35 PM »

In EVERYTHING else where it’s been used, I could totally tell that CGI was being used. Even when Skywalker showed up at the end of the Mandalorian. But in this episode, I honestly had a very difficult time telling the difference…and I KNEW it was CGI.

I remember reading a while back that Disney employed one of the youtubers that does those deepfakes. He made a comparison video of how he would have done the Luke cameo from Mando season 2 vs what we got and the difference was really telling. I'm sure he had to be involved in some capacity for this episode.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2022, 10:14:21 PM »

I remember reading a while back that Disney employed one of the youtubers that does those deepfakes. He made a comparison video of how he would have done the Luke cameo from Mando season 2 vs what we got and the difference was really telling. I'm sure he had to be involved in some capacity for this episode.

If you can't beat em, hire em.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2022, 10:48:45 PM »
Yeah, Luke looked really good.  Very natural, a huge step up from his cameo in Mandalorian ch 16.

Speaking of Luke: it was cool seeing him and Grogu, but I think they got a little carried away with the parallels between them and Luke/Yoda.  Luke tried to raise his ship, couldn't do it; Yoda raises it up, over, and sets it down on the ground.  Grogu raised a frog; Luke raises all the frogs, then drops them all.  Grogu in a backpack as Luke runs through the woods, just as Yoda was in the backpack as Luke ran through the woods.  Don't try, just do.  We get it, the padawan is now the master, with a new padawan of his own.  But it was like every scene was a callback to Episode V.  Almost none of it was truly original.