Author Topic: The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....  (Read 23323 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
The Book Of BobaLorianGrogu - That's a Wrap Folks....
« on: December 28, 2021, 11:50:17 AM »
Figure we need a spoiler thread for this one...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 06:56:14 AM by lonestar »

Online faizoff

Re: The Book Of Boba Fett-episode 1 tomorrow!! (spoilers within)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 12:12:35 PM »
I was under the impression it was airing on the 31st. Even better it comes out tomorrow, can't wait!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 12:17:00 PM »
I triple checked, it's the 29th.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
I was under the impression it was airing on the 31st. Even better it comes out tomorrow, can't wait!

31st will air Cobra Kai

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 01:06:37 PM »
I'm super excited for this! Hope I have the opportunity to watch it tomorrow.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »
Very solid beginning, wonder if they'll flip through back story and current throughout the show?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
I thought it was okay. Hoping the show goes a different route because this just kinda felt like Mandalorian 2.0 which is fine but I don't see the purpose for why this needed its own show yet - but I'm sure that will reveal itself over time.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 12:24:16 PM »
It was a fine start. Nothing super exciting about it, but it filled in some back story. Excited to see where it goes from here.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 06:06:30 PM »
They could have done a better job doing the back story and laying out a plot. This is supposed to be right after the Sarlac and he is that old? More story and less "action" would have been a better kickoff. It wasn't bad, but could have been a lot better. So far Mandalorian is in the win.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 06:55:18 PM »
They could have done a better job doing the back story and laying out a plot. This is supposed to be right after the Sarlac and he is that old? More story and less "action" would have been a better kickoff. It wasn't bad, but could have been a lot better. So far Mandalorian is in the win.

I mean……you have to give them some slack with the age thing. They showed the toxicity of the sarlac digestive juices and then him being exposed to a desert sun and wind unprotected. That’s good enough for the audience to be able to ‘forgive’ the fact the actor is twice the age the character would have been then.

It’s impossible to compare this to the Mandalorian yet and…..at least for me I probably won’t compare them. It’s two different stories and tones. The Mandalorian was unexpected and just fresh and new. I’m approaching this one with zero expectations.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline HOF

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 07:23:43 PM »

I just want to know why he came out of the Sarlac having an accent. ;-)

It was kind of a slow episode. Not sure I have any reason to be invested in any of these characters, but I’ll give it a few episodes to get going.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 07:30:19 PM »
I'm just tickled to get maximum Fennec Shand....

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »
I liked it, but it felt a bit too much like some Mandalorian episodes.  Like the ones where Mando is on Tatooine and it's just OT reference after OT reference.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy that, but I'm just hoping the story develops into something more interesting.  Hopefully some of the remaining six episodes (there's only seven total, right?) are a bit longer and give the show some time to breathe a bit.

All that said, I will never get sick of sand people, jawas, and the twi'leks. 

And all that said, I've always thought Boba Fett was the most overrated character of all time.  I was pretty annoyed that we finally got a live action show and it ended up being about a Mandalorian.  And then was annoyed again when we finally got a second show and it was just about Boba Fett.  First episode was enjoyable but hope it gets better from here.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 07:40:07 PM »
I'm just tickled to get maximum Fennec Shand....

Too bad Boba couldn’t wrangle up one of those slave girl outfits.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 05:52:11 AM »
Very solid beginning, wonder if they'll flip through back story and current throughout the show?

I'm fully expecting we will, and thus get two climax's.  :heybaby:

I'm hoping that this thread gets less cynical very much just going to enjoy this for what it is, with no comparisons or expectations in mind.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 07:37:01 AM »
very much just going to enjoy this for what it is, with no comparisons or expectations in mind.

Exactly.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 07:46:03 AM »
I enjoyed it - the beginning moments with him escaping the Sarlacc was really cool to see after nearly 40 years since he went in there in ROTJ.  Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 09:15:57 AM »
It was OK.  Not as good (yet) as The Mandalorian, but it was a first episode.  I didn't expect TOO much.  Hopefully it gets better.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »
I will say.....and this is my major complaint with every D+ show/spinoff thus far both Marvel and SW.......why the  :censored aren't each of these episodes an hour? That first Boba Fett episode was 39 F'n minutes long. That's crap. I know full well that they could fill an hour each time. How much money are they really saving by these shorter episodes anyway? It's annoying as all hell.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 01:10:06 PM »
I will say.....and this is my major complaint with every D+ show/spinoff thus far both Marvel and SW.......why the  :censored aren't each of these episodes an hour? That first Boba Fett episode was 39 F'n minutes long. That's crap. I know full well that they could fill an hour each time. How much money are they really saving by these shorter episodes anyway? It's annoying as all hell.
It's not really about money.  They are largely letting the creatives involved determine this.  They aren't going to pad an episode out to an hour if they only need 39 minutes to do what they intended.  Besides, they haven't been billed as hour-length episodes or anything.  The freedom to make the episodes as long or short as they need is one of the features of being on a streaming service, rather than a network.  They don't have to worry about fitting into a timeslot between two other programs.

Having said that, Kevin Feige has said that most of the Marvel D+ shows would have in the neighborhood of 6 hours of content (in practice, a little less than 6 hours, if memory serves).  But it's still up to the creatives for each show for how to divvy up the time.  Most of the showrunners have opted for 6 episodes of around an hour (usually a little less), whereas WandaVision was divided into 9 episodes, with the first 3 or 4 noticeably shorter than the later episodes (resembling the lengths of sitcoms, naturally). 

And again, they were never billed as hour-length episodes.  You aren't being short-changed or anything.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2021, 01:33:38 PM »
Yeah….I totally get that Hef. I know it wasn’t billed as an hour and we weren’t promised that…..I’m just selfish and want an hour.  :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2021, 01:40:26 PM »
Fair enough  :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »
I caught the episode yesterday morning and after thinking on the debut a bit more, I liked it enough. I really enjoyed the spaced-out, but still linear flashbacks, especially the long-speculated Sarlacc-Escape! It would be neat to see his Bacta-Tank flashbacks end with his first appearance in the Mandorian, which explains why he looks the way he did and why he had a gaffi stick.

The episode length didn't disappoint me, I feel like the episode ran just as long as it needed to to tell the story it needed to tell, although I think the sand-digging portion felt a BIT too long for my tastes.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »
Jennifer Beals as a Twi'lek.

Nuff said  :heart
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 01:31:41 PM »
It's not really about money.  They are largely letting the creatives involved determine this.  They aren't going to pad an episode out to an hour if they only need 39 minutes to do what they intended.  Besides, they haven't been billed as hour-length episodes or anything.  The freedom to make the episodes as long or short as they need is one of the features of being on a streaming service, rather than a network.  They don't have to worry about fitting into a timeslot between two other programs.

Having said that, Kevin Feige has said that most of the Marvel D+ shows would have in the neighborhood of 6 hours of content (in practice, a little less than 6 hours, if memory serves).  But it's still up to the creatives for each show for how to divvy up the time.  Most of the showrunners have opted for 6 episodes of around an hour (usually a little less), whereas WandaVision was divided into 9 episodes, with the first 3 or 4 noticeably shorter than the later episodes (resembling the lengths of sitcoms, naturally). 

And again, they were never billed as hour-length episodes.  You aren't being short-changed or anything.

And "hour-long" network shows are actually only ~44 minutes without the commercials.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

And "hour-long" network shows are actually only ~44 minutes without the commercials.

I get that. But there are a ton of stream only shows that are 50-55 minutes long. I would just think that there really is no reason for them not to craft/plan around 45-55 minute episodes. I know 'some' longer episodes are sprinkled in but for the most part these D+ shows have been 35-40 minute episodes. To me, it'd seem like you could tell a much better story with the additional 60-80 minutes longer episodes would get you over a season.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2022, 02:14:50 PM »
Episode two was better than the first one, by far! Loved seeing the new antagonists roll into Mos Espa and their gladiator Warrior looks imposing and impressive! I hope it gets to fight at some point!

I also enjoyed at Boba's flashback was contained to all one part of the episode, and I can see how folks might compare and contrast the two "stories" being told here from Boba's past and present. Seeing him become closer with the Tuskens has been one of the more intriguing parts of the series so far and today's episode really showcased the impressive writing for these flashback segments.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2022, 05:05:37 PM »
Pretty solid episode! And, it was 53 minutes….well, actually 48 but still.

Online faizoff

Re: The Book Of Boba Fett-episode 2 out now!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2022, 07:42:43 PM »
I don't know, I didn't enjoy the flashback scenes so much. I mean the whole ritual of him getting his weapon was cool and all but felt like they spent too much time on his past. I was more interested in the current storyline with the Hutt twins.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2022, 08:57:59 PM »
I don't know, I didn't enjoy the flashback scenes so much. I mean the whole ritual of him getting his weapon was cool and all but felt like they spent too much time on his past. I was more interested in the current storyline with the Hutt twins.

I believe all they’re doing with these flashbacks is so that the final flashback can/will be of him on there ridge line where we first saw him in the Mandalorian watching from a distance. I’m sure they’ll tell a neat story as well along the way.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 04:41:47 AM »

Holy carp!!! She's almost 60 years old.  :drool:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 07:10:11 AM »

Holy carp!!! She's almost 60 years old.  :drool:

Wow, she has aged gracefully, has she not?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2022, 09:08:35 AM »
I enjoyed episode 2 a lot. I'm personally more interested in the current plotline as opposed to the flashback plot, so I hope that starts to develop and get more focus in episode 3.

Has any read or heard anything that explains the timeline between when Boba fell into the Sarlaac and when he made his way out? Curious if the flashbacks are happening during the events of ROTJ, or if some time has passed.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2022, 09:36:23 AM »
Has any read or heard anything that explains the timeline between when Boba fell into the Sarlaac and when he made his way out? Curious if the flashbacks are happening during the events of ROTJ, or if some time has passed.

The skiff wreckage looks to be sand blown over a bit and the sarlac tentacle that was severed by Lando with the gun shot seems to be withering. I don't think there's a good place to find out how long passed but I bet it was a handful of days.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2022, 10:21:46 AM »

The skiff wreckage looks to be sand blown over a bit and the sarlac tentacle that was severed by Lando with the gun shot seems to be withering. I don't think there's a good place to find out how long passed but I bet it was a handful of days.

I'd be surprised if it was even that long.  The human body can't survive without water for more than a handful of days.  I'd say 1-2 days tops in the Sarlaac