Author Topic: Official D+ Marvel Cinematic Universe shows countdown--And the winner is...  (Read 10101 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Official D+ Marvel Cinematic Universe shows countdown--And the winner is...
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2022, 01:57:26 PM »
I'm cool with 1-3, but would prefer all 4 phases personally. Maybe give it a few weeks, I'd imagine most of us are hardcore enough to have seen it already or in that time.

Also, on a re-watch of Wandavision...the detail in Ep3 of making the set an amalgam of 70s tv shows is brilliant...the Brady Bunch staircase...the Partridge Family colored windows...just amazing.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2022, 02:30:57 PM »
WandaVision - my number 1 and it wasn't even close for any other show. This show was just fantastic and set the hype bar extremely high for all the shows that came after which none have managed to meet (so far). Great write up by Bosk on this one which I really agree with.

Bosk - thanks for doing the countdown. Looking forward to the next one.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2022, 04:28:29 PM »
Very well deserved. I had WV at #2, but it was almost a coin toss with Loki.

I have to say that having been a HUGE Agents of Shield fan (I’ve rewatched the show a couple of times) gave the Darkhold much more “background”, and even though its canonicity is somewhat in question, I still say that having been years familiar with the background made the transition to that revelation far more seamless.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2022, 05:43:49 PM »
I kinda lost interest in AoS so I didn’t realize the Darkhold was in there. Whoops.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2022, 05:52:43 PM »
1 Loki
2 WandaVision
3 Ms. Marvel
4 Moon Knight
5 Hawkeye
6 She-Hulk
7 What If...?
8 The Falcon And The Winter Soldier

For being the first show, and staying in 2nd place, it holds up really well. I just liked Loki a bit more. The finale of WV just felt a bit flat for me but everything else before it was amazing. I'm not even bothered by the Ralph Bohner thing, but I can't say it didn't disappoint me at first. It's kinda funny in retrospect.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2022, 11:48:38 AM »
And also thanks for doing this. Seems like a ton of work and I really appreciate it.

Happy to.  And I'm going to deflect some of the thanks to Kev.  Even though he wasn't directly involved in this one, he basically invented the process to make it a lot easier than it otherwise would be.  With 8 shows and 14 voters, it really wasn't that hard at all.  It will definitely take more effort with the films since there are more options.  But still, with what are basically Kev's processes, it shouldn't be too bad.  That man deserves a ton of credit.

Appreciate the props, and it is worth noting that I borrowed this process I saw elsewhere, but merely expanded it to make it much more difficult on myself. :lol  I view these threads as another way of talking about the music, or in this case shows, we love.  :hat :hat

Offline jammindude

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2022, 12:13:15 PM »
I kinda lost interest in AoS so I didn’t realize the Darkhold was in there. Whoops.

It’s actually a primary plot for a couple of the best seasons. Fitz (and another dude) create AI. The Darkhold has already been established as something that altogether corrupts anyone who opens it.  They mistakenly believe that the AI can open it and not be corrupted because it’s just a machine. Oops.

That’s an oversimplification, but it really is some of the best material AOS ever did. And it gives the Darkhold a big chunk of background.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2022, 12:06:48 AM »
So, probably MCU films phases 1-3 thread will probably begin right after Thanksgiving. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2022, 09:26:55 AM »
So, probably MCU films phases 1-3 thread will probably begin right after Thanksgiving.

I’m totally in. I’d be pretty shocked if the 1-2 wasn’t obvious but which is 1 and which is 2 might be in flux. The rest will be really fun to see where they end up.  I’m pretty sure most people have similar “tiers” as far as these movies go, but the order shuffles a bit. I think the final list will most likely reflect that.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2022, 09:48:39 AM »

Going to be a hard ranking but super pumped!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2022, 10:07:23 AM »
I think I'll do a 1-3 ranking now, then plug in 4 if you change your mind. Want to put some serious thought into this one.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2022, 10:19:33 AM »
I have a feeling I know what top 3 will be in some order but I’m curious what my bottom ones will be. I suspect but who knows?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2022, 12:09:35 PM »

It’s actually a primary plot for a couple of the best seasons. Fitz (and another dude) create AI. The Darkhold has already been established as something that altogether corrupts anyone who opens it.  They mistakenly believe that the AI can open it and not be corrupted because it’s just a machine. Oops.

That’s an oversimplification, but it really is some of the best material AOS ever did. And it gives the Darkhold a big chunk of background.

Season 4, with the three mini-arcs, was great.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2022, 01:18:44 PM »
Looking forward to ranking the films of the Infinity Saga!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.