Author Topic: Run with the Fox - Chris Squire and Alan White  (Read 656 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
Run with the Fox - Chris Squire and Alan White
« on: December 09, 2021, 10:53:33 AM »
So yeah this is my favorite Christmas song now

https://youtu.be/k2cPGc3wn0wOh
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline pg1067

Re: Run with the Fox - Chris Squire and Alan White
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 12:10:06 PM »
I have loved this song since I first heard it on the YesYears box set.  There are a few really good tracks on that set.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 08:59:48 PM »
I have loved this song since I first heard it on the YesYears box set.  There are a few really good tracks on that set.

I like the mastering on that set though it would have been nice if they added a disc of live tracks instead of just the few that are on there.

Radio used to play the crap out of Run With The Fox  the first couple of years after it was released. One of the reasons I got the YesYears  box back in '91. What a great Christmas song.

Only time I ever hear it now is when I pop the CD in.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 09:40:47 AM »

I like the mastering on that set though it would have been nice if they added a disc of live tracks instead of just the few that are on there.

Radio used to play the crap out of Run With The Fox  the first couple of years after it was released. One of the reasons I got the YesYears  box back in '91. What a great Christmas song.

Only time I ever hear it now is when I pop the CD in.

I'm with you on the live stuff.  When they deleted YesYears and replaced it with "The Word Is..." box in the mid '00s, there was a sort of companion piece, "The Word Is Live" which is really good, IMO.