Author Topic: Concerts for 2022  (Read 37738 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2022
« Reply #665 on: October 29, 2022, 11:08:30 AM »
At American Dream?! Lol pass just for that. But I have plans with my gf tomorrow and we are going to the Gwar show on Monday together too so I won't be going.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #666 on: October 29, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »
At American Dream?! Lol pass just for that. But I have plans with my gf tomorrow and we are going to the Gwar show on Monday together too so I won't be going.

That venue is taking a shit ton of heat on the fan page, what's so horrible about it? It looks like it's in a combo mall/amusement park?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: October 29, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »

That venue is taking a shit ton of heat on the fan page, what's so horrible about it? It looks like it's in a combo mall/amusement park?

Never been, but it's basically considered the worst construction project in NJ history and a huge joke :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #668 on: October 29, 2022, 04:41:08 PM »

Never been, but it's basically considered the worst construction project in NJ history and a huge joke :lol

Ah, gotcha.

Online countoftuscany42

« Reply #669 on: October 29, 2022, 08:36:51 PM »
Mercyful Fate / Kreator / Midnight in LA tonight  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: November 01, 2022, 10:12:11 AM »
I did something I rarely do, stayed home last night  :lol Sadly I just wasn't feeling so hot yesterday so I did not attend the Gwar Halloween show.  Next up:

November 9th - AFI @ Terminal 5, New York City NY

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #671 on: November 02, 2022, 01:31:25 AM »
Mercyful Fate / Kreator / Midnight in LA tonight  :metal

Been really getting into Kreator recently, would've loved to have seen this.

How was it?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #672 on: November 02, 2022, 04:18:15 PM »
All right, I may have a show to watch in November.  Thinking about seeing Zac Brown Band at Hollywood Bowl on 11/04.  Tickets look reasonable on secondary sites for the worst seats.  I might as well go.  Haven't been to the Bowl since the Who in 2019.  I can drive to a mall in Lakewood and take a shuttle to the Bowl for $12.00.  That will be the plan.  Really enjoyed their show at FivePoint Amphitheater in 2019.  Those guys got killer harmonies in their vocals.

Zac Brown Band - Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles, CA.  November 4th, 2022.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #673 on: November 06, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »
Well, I had a fun time seeing Zac Brown Band last Friday at Hollywood Bowl, but it comes with some headaches when heading to a large amphitheater in Hollywood near the 101 freeway.

First off, the shuttle pass at the Lakewood mall was sold out by last Wednesday, so I had to buy a pass for $11.00 for a shuttle that's near a park & ride that requires 20 more miles of driving deep into LA traffic, on a Friday afternoon/evening.... that naturally took forever to get to the lot.

Second off, the seller I bought the ticket from Stubhub didn't transfer the ticket with like 90 minutes to go before the first band opens.  So I called Stubhub Customer Service, they got to me pretty quickly and got me a new seat with no additional charge and I got the ticket transfer.  I mean it's a good closer view and probably was a ticket that’s worth a lot than what I paid, but I always prefer a more center view in general, but with this being so close to show time, you take what you can get.  Also, walking around this area is such a huge hassle in comparison to your typical arena/stadium to get to your seats.

Here was my view.

Here was the distance from where I seated to the nosebleed section that I had bought the original ticket for, right around the nearest section where that right trees were at.

Anywho, first band was all right.  The main vocalist was a guy that was playing the pedal steel guitar for most of the show and he was playing a variety of rock, funk, gospel, etc.  They played a cover of Jesus Is Just Alright, (which the first time I heard a version of that song was when Stryper covered it in one of their more recent albums in the 2010s).  I liked the opening act and this wasn’t going to be the last time we saw him or his backing band.

For Zac Brown Band, they broke the set into three parts that lasted around over two hours overall.  The first part they decided to have a night bar aesthetics to remind them of their beginning days when Zac Brown played in Open Mic Nights in the Atlanta area.  The first song he played of the show was only him on acoustic guitar and as the set continues on, the bassist, the fiddle player, the organ guy, their guitarists, the drummer, and the percussionist slowly join in the set on by one as it goes on.  That lasted about 40 minutes.

Second set was next that lasted 50 minutes and their setting was more in tune with your typical arena show setting with the video screens and all.  A great mixture of their new stuff, their island songs, their ballads, and their rock sounding songs.  I was glad that they played one of my favorites from them, Goodbye in Her Eyes.  Closed the set with a cover of The Devil went Down to Georgia.  Crowd enjoyed the majority of the show for the most part and I think they were a friendly bunch to be around.

The encore was really different than what I expect from Zac Brown Band.  They were incorporated the opening band from today in this encore and did a 25 minute medley of covers like That's The Way, Brick House, Happy (with their percussionist player singing the Pharrell Williams lyrics), Never Gonna Give You Up, etc. and everyone was dressing sophisticated.  Giving that big-band feel and coming off as something someone like Justin Timberlake would do with his touring band arrangements.  I had no true quarrels with it, but I did feel like it dragged on for a little too long.  I, not surprisingly, enjoyed the encore, of the last time they came here in Irvine in 2019, better where they playing stuff like Hot For Teacher, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and Bulls on Parade (with their fiddle player singing the vocals).

After their long medley section was over, they closed off with their biggest hits (Colder Weather, Chicken Fried, and Homegrown).  After Colder Weather (which got the biggest singalong of the night), I decided to start the walk down a hill surface to get back to the shuttle to get back to the Park & Ride.  That said, I found a LA Hot Dog street cart as I was walking and thank goodness, they accept Apply Pay, so I bought a hot dog for $11.00 because screw paying concession prices in the venue. Rather support those street cart people rather than the concessions.  Got home in one piece and was very content on the show.

Don’t think I’m going to see Elton John at Dodger Stadium this month.  Ticket prices seems fine for what they are, but trying to figure out how to get safe and cost-effective parking near Dodger Stadium and how to get back to the lot after the show in LA in the dark is too much of a headache for me to consider.  Just need one more concert in December and I reached my goal of going to at least one concert a month.  Still eyeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Ontario, California like I always do.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #674 on: November 06, 2022, 03:28:40 PM »
There's just something cool about seeing a show at the Hollywood Bowl. It really is a bitch to get in and out of, though. And it's surprisingly big. With all those silly boxes up front you're very likely to be far away no matter where you sit. It's kind of like Red Rocks, in that it's more about atmosphere than the actual concert.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #675 on: November 07, 2022, 10:56:23 PM »
So I posted about this in the "things that piss me off" thread because, well, it did. Now it's just making me laugh for the absurdity of it all. I went to see WASP and MSG at tiny club on Saturday night. They oversold the bejezus out of the thing and the fire marshal shut it down before WASP could come on. Turns out they actually have a long history of pulling this. I guess it just hasn't gotten this out of hand before.

Today they released a statement saying that it actually wasn't oversold, but rather a clerical error showed the capacity as being much lower. I was in that place--it was fucking-well oversold. I talked to a security guy when I figured out how bad it was and he was fuming about it. They'd made his job a whole lot harder (though he'd honestly given up on it by that point, anyway). The fire marshal was right to come down on them. I'm just glad it happened after MSG.

I'm honestly amazed they're trying to sell this.

After the dust settled in Dallas we wanted to make a clarifying statement letting everyone know that Amplified Live did not intentionally over sell the show. There was a clerical error on the venue capacity certificate that didn't include the entire outdoor venue space. When they rebranded the venue they were issued a new certificate with this omission. While that area is clearly venue space, the Dallas Fire Dept had no choice but to shut down the show because of that reason and the venue will be having a new certificate issued ASAP. Again we are sorry for what happened.

This doesn't look all that crowded, but it's only about a quarter of the people there, and that's pretty much the entirety of the stage area. Everything else was indoors and around the side of the building. It was packed. Keen-eyed viewers might notice me down in the thick of things. I can assure you that it was way, way too full.

Interestingly, it was the one year anniversary of the Travis Scott trampling. Not really a concern at a venue this size, but it does show an absolutely heroic lack of tact.  :lol

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #676 on: November 08, 2022, 12:23:44 AM »
Petrucci show was unfuckingbelievable. Definitely got a bit emotional watching him and MP tear it up.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #677 on: November 08, 2022, 04:19:23 AM »
Petrucci show was unfuckingbelievable. Definitely got a bit emotional watching him and MP tear it up.

I would LOVE to see his solo tour with MP, unfortunately, I don't think he is touring Europe. At least I hear nothing as of this typing.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #678 on: November 08, 2022, 05:49:27 AM »
snip
Interestingly, it was the one year anniversary of the Travis Scott trampling. Not really a concern at a venue this size, but it does show an absolutely heroic lack of tact.  :lol
Being 4'11, crowd squish terrifies me. I would totally be one of the first to be pushed down and then trampled. I usually look for the edge of the mosh pit so I have a decent view and know there is some room to breathe. I don't know how I would handle an oversold show like this. I think between Astroworld and S.Korea Halloween, its very much at the forefront of my thoughts going to a show. I'll throw the Eagles of Death Metal incident also. When I enter a musical space, I seriously look at all the exits. Maybe I'm paranoid or its just my anxiety, but not sure if will ever go back to the way it used to be with the way our world is.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #679 on: November 08, 2022, 08:10:20 AM »
I saw the blabbermouth headline about that WASP show being shut down.  Sucks the full show didn't happen, but sounds like the right call.  I really don't like being in such packed venues like that picture so I'd imagine I'd be feeling pretty uncomfortable.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #680 on: November 08, 2022, 08:48:20 AM »
snip
Being 4'11, crowd squish terrifies me. I would totally be one of the first to be pushed down and then trampled. I usually look for the edge of the mosh pit so I have a decent view and know there is some room to breathe. I don't know how I would handle an oversold show like this. I think between Astroworld and S.Korea Halloween, its very much at the forefront of my thoughts going to a show. I'll throw the Eagles of Death Metal incident also. When I enter a musical space, I seriously look at all the exits. Maybe I'm paranoid or its just my anxiety, but not sure if will ever go back to the way it used to be with the way our world is.
As you should. And look for all of the exits. Most people will go for the obvious ones. Sometimes the right exit is the one in the wrong direction.

Honestly, this crowd wasn't that bad down front. I've been in crowds where it would have been impossible to go down for any reason, and every once in a while your whole area just gets lifted and shifted 12 feet in a random direction. The problem at WASP was that it was just as crowded, if not more-so, into the venue and down the side.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #681 on: November 08, 2022, 10:36:11 AM »
Who was singing for MSG? 

And that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #682 on: November 08, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »
Who was singing for MSG? 

Ronnie Romero. Did a great job. MVP for the night, in fact.

Now that the fire department has weighed in, it turns out the statement is factually correct. Officially the certificate of occupancy was about half of what they've always claimed. At the same time, what they've always claimed has now been proven to be ridiculous. The fire marshal's estimate was a little over 1200, and the CoO was for 636. That's why they needed 600 people out. In truth 600-800 is about what that place is good for. At 1200+ it was a shit-show. They don't have enough parking. Most of the place doesn't offer a view of the stage. It was nearly impossible to get around inside and out because of big crowds in narrow places. I was never nervous about it, down front it really wasn't particularly bad, but there was definitely some danger in the situation.

Also, it was somebody in the venue that dropped a dime on them. My hunch is the security guy I talked to. He was really, really pissed off about it.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: November 08, 2022, 11:27:25 AM »
Who was singing for MSG? 

Now that the fire department has weighed in, it turns out the statement is factually correct. Officially the certificate of occupancy was about half of what they've always claimed. At the same time, what they've always claimed has now been proven to be ridiculous. The fire marshal's estimate was a little over 1200, and the CoO was for 636. That's why they needed 600 people out. In truth 600-800 is about what that place is good for. At 1200+ it was a shit-show. They don't have enough parking. Most of the place doesn't offer a view of the stage. It was nearly impossible to get around inside and out because of big crowds in narrow places. I was never nervous about it, down front it really wasn't particularly bad, but there was definitely some danger in the situation.

Also, it was somebody in the venue that dropped a dime on them. My hunch is the security guy I talked to. He was really, really pissed off about it.  :lol

Help me, though; if the CoO was 636, how can they point to that as justification for selling 2000 or whatever they sold?  If the clerical error was important, they should have been explaining - probably to the bands - why they only sold 636 for a venue that could have carried 800.   What am I missing?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #684 on: November 08, 2022, 11:34:09 AM »
It's also up to the promoters to get in touch with their people regarding tracking how many tickets are sold and see if there are any buildings nearby that can support an upgrade or cap the show as sold out and thus not have to worry about being over capacity.  Unless, a lot of people decided to buy a lot of tickets at the last minute and then the venue people got blind-sided.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #685 on: November 08, 2022, 12:22:36 PM »
Since this is the concerts thread, here's part of the show that did take place. Schenker was low in the mix and a little sloppy, but it's still great to hear one of my all-time favorite solos played live. Done right the outro solo is just epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU6AGbr5Bg

And in fairness, while I wanted to see WASP while I was there, I still had a pretty decent time. Good crowd with palpable excitement. And even when they called the show everybody was still very well behaved.

Who was singing for MSG? 

Help me, though; if the CoO was 636, how can they point to that as justification for selling 2000 or whatever they sold?  If the clerical error was important, they should have been explaining - probably to the bands - why they only sold 636 for a venue that could have carried 800.   What am I missing?
It seems as if they sold 12-1300.  Crowds are notoriously hard to estimate. Plus, Blackie's camp mistated the numbers dramatically and everybody kind of ran with their numbers. I went with the listed capacity and assumed they oversold the 1200 to put it close to 2k.

I believe their point was that they thought they had the same 1200 occupancy that they did before they closed and rebranded. Instead it was officially half that. Given the numbers the DFD estimated, their explanation actually makes a great deal of sense. The problem is that there's no way they should be putting 1200 people into that place. Particularly given its convoluted design and numerous choke points.

It's also up to the promoters to get in touch with their people regarding tracking how many tickets are sold and see if there are any buildings nearby that can support an upgrade or cap the show as sold out and thus not have to worry about being over capacity.  Unless, a lot of people decided to buy a lot of tickets at the last minute and then the venue people got blind-sided.
I never got the impression that concert promoters were the most earnest people in the world.  :lol

In this case they had actually moved it from a larger location, one that would have been ideal, to the smaller site. And then dumped hundreds of $10 tickets in the days before the show. In the case of the promoter's role in this I'd simply call it a massive miscalulation. It's the venue who should know their own capacity, both nominally and realistically (not that they'd care about the latter--they're notoriously greedy bastards).

This is how the venue looks with a reasonable crowd. I've seen a couple of shows there and it's not a bad venue for 600 or so. It's just a big club with a decent patio stage. The other night is was jam packed indoors and outdoors, including down the side to the island bar off to the side. It's telling that even if the were at their assumed capacity somebody still called to report dangerous overcrowding.

E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #686 on: November 08, 2022, 12:25:15 PM »
Seeing Blue Oyster Cult Friday night & VOLA Saturday night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #687 on: November 08, 2022, 12:44:33 PM »
Bummed my Greta Van Fleet show got postponed. The singer blew his eardrum, and they postponed a few shows. He tried to come back, wasn't quite right, and now postponed another week of shows, mine included. Sucks. Was looking forward to the show. But I totally understand. I blew out my eardrum in March 2000...waiting for Queensryche to play the 9:30 club in D.C. Fucking Jesse James Dupree. I was too near one of the stacks, turned to my left, and someone hit a terrible chord right in my unprotected right ear (SO STUPID ON MY PART). I immediately got dizzy, remember feeling sick and fell. I'll never forget it. I should have gone to the ER. Spent the entire night trying to not be sick. Got to my friend's house, slept, felt weird the next morning, but slowly got better. Hurt like hell.

This incident caused my tinnitus, which I'll never forget. EARPLUGS. ALWAYS.

Anyway, hopefully the Greta show will be rescheduled to a good date for my wife and I. Really dig their latest album, Battle at Garden's Gate.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: November 08, 2022, 12:48:11 PM »
That sucks! I knew about the first string of postponements but didn't know they needed more.  These kids are constantly having health issues which makes me worry about their future.  I'm supposed to see them in December, from a previous postponement due to health issues. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #689 on: November 08, 2022, 01:11:22 PM »
Bummed my Greta Van Fleet show got postponed. The singer blew his eardrum, and they postponed a few shows. He tried to come back, wasn't quite right, and now postponed another week of shows, mine included. Sucks. Was looking forward to the show. But I totally understand. I blew out my eardrum in March 2000...waiting for Queensryche to play the 9:30 club in D.C. Fucking Jesse James Dupree. I was too near one of the stacks, turned to my left, and someone hit a terrible chord right in my unprotected right ear (SO STUPID ON MY PART). I immediately got dizzy, remember feeling sick and fell. I'll never forget it. I should have gone to the ER. Spent the entire night trying to not be sick. Got to my friend's house, slept, felt weird the next morning, but slowly got better. Hurt like hell.

This incident caused my tinnitus, which I'll never forget. EARPLUGS. ALWAYS.

Anyway, hopefully the Greta show will be rescheduled to a good date for my wife and I. Really dig their latest album, Battle at Garden's Gate.
I'd have assumed it was that fucking chainsaw. To this day one of the very worst acts I've ever seen. My Gods did they suck.

Postponements suck, but sometimes the replacement gigs are a real hoot. It's possible you get a better show than the one you're missing out on.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #690 on: November 08, 2022, 01:18:22 PM »
EL B,

JJD is one of the top-5 worst live acts I have ever seen. Pure trash.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #691 on: November 08, 2022, 01:34:32 PM »
Postponements suck, but sometimes the replacement gigs are a real hoot. It's possible you get a better show than the one you're missing out on.

It's a string of postponements so it's not a one off which might end up being a more unique show.  For my ticket, the postponement had it placed then at the last show of their tour for 2022 which actually had me excited as final tour shows can often be unique, but now they've added another show and wouldn't be surprised if postponed shows now happen after mine.  It is what it is, but for band, the postponements are so often that it doesn't seem like it'll lead to a better show (other than I'd assume the band is healthier and able to perform better)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #692 on: November 08, 2022, 01:51:25 PM »
EL B,

JJD is one of the top-5 worst live acts I have ever seen. Pure trash.
It was Jackyl when I saw them. I can't imagine that would have made even the tiniest difference.  :lol

It's a string of postponements so it's not a one off which might end up being a more unique show.  For my ticket, the postponement had it placed then at the last show of their tour for 2022 which actually had me excited as final tour shows can often be unique, but now they've added another show and wouldn't be surprised if postponed shows now happen after mine.  It is what it is, but for band, the postponements are so often that it doesn't seem like it'll lead to a better show (other than I'd assume the band is healthier and able to perform better)
Good point. You're absolutely correct there.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2022, 10:54:39 AM »
Ok, since I think I'm done for the year, here's the final list. Gonna work on ranking them and brief writeups after work...

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
2/6- Dream Theater, Fox Theater
3/13- Allegaeon, DNA Lounge
4/23 Dragonforce, UC Theater
6/30- Allegaeon, The X Bar in Santa Clara
7/1- Nemophila, USA DEBUT, Whisky A Go Go
9/9- Aristocrats, Great American Music Hall
10/7- Nemophila, Spiritbox, Apopalyctica, Meshuggah, Lamb of God at Aftershock Festival
10/14- Band-Maid, August Hall
11/7- John Petrucci, Palace of Fine Arts

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #694 on: November 09, 2022, 12:00:53 PM »
Since this is the concerts thread, here's part of the show that did take place. Schenker was low in the mix and a little sloppy, but it's still great to hear one of my all-time favorite solos played live. Done right the outro solo is just epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU6AGbr5Bg

And in fairness, while I wanted to see WASP while I was there, I still had a pretty decent time. Good crowd with palpable excitement. And even when they called the show everybody was still very well behaved.

Ronnie as Phil Mogg sounds good! 

Hey, that's not the same Joe Seigler that runs the Black Sabbath fan site, is it?  I didn't see a reference on the YouTube channel, but still...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #695 on: November 09, 2022, 08:12:20 PM »
Ok, since I think I'm done for the year, here's the final list. Gonna work on ranking them and brief writeups after work...

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
2/6- Dream Theater, Fox Theater
3/13- Allegaeon, DNA Lounge
4/23 Dragonforce, UC Theater
6/30- Allegaeon, The X Bar in Santa Clara
7/1- Nemophila, USA DEBUT, Whisky A Go Go
9/9- Aristocrats, Great American Music Hall
9/23- Roger Waters, Chase Center
10/7- Nemophila, Spiritbox, Apopalyctica, Meshuggah, Lamb of God at Aftershock Festival
10/14- Band-Maid, August Hall
11/7- John Petrucci, Palace of Fine Arts

Ok...cause I like to rank stuff, here goes...

11- Allegaeon- DNA Lounge...a shortened set as they were the openers, didn't hang around for the headlining band since it was a work night, but these guys always kick ass, and was able to chat with the singer after the set as I was buying merch. Hell of a nice guy.
10- Dream Theater- #15 for them and I, and aside from finally catching Count of Tuscany live, it was a middle to lower end set from them. Everything was solid, just nothing really stood out except the encore (which was the only reason I went anyways)
9-  Dragonforce- Really, really fun show for sure,especially for not knowing a single track of theirs.
8- Roger Waters- Another dynamic performance from the man, only drawback was the stage was very restrictive for actually seeing the band members.
7- The Aristocrats- Govan and Minneman...nuff said.
6- Allegaeon- This time, they're headlining at a bowling alley bar, and I'm literally two feet from the mighty Greg Burgess as he crushes a 1.5 hour set of technical death metal...fuck this band is so damn good.
5- Tool- I mean...it's fucking Tool, do I really have to say anything else?
4- Aftershock Festival- Nemophila et al... Seeing a 30 min set by the ladies was worth the price of entry alone, but add on Lamb of God, Spiritbox, Gwar, Apocalyptica, Kiss, Set It Off, and In Flames, and you got one hell of a day.
3- Petrucci- JP and MP together again...nuff said
2- BAND-MAID- Went into this one kind of blind, only was familiar with one album, but was intrigued enough by a few live vids that I took a chance on the 200$ scalper tix to see this show, and damn was it worth it and then some. An air tight hard rock performance paired with one of the funnest,most charming and energetic group of musicians and people one can imagine. Truly a memorable experience, I totally get why these girls are at the forefront of the J-metal scene, and why their tour sold out almost every show within an hour.
1- Nemophila- And it really isn't close, the band that has held me rapt for the last two years, in about as intimate and legendary setting as possible, for a flawless performance in their international debut. This one will stick with me for years to come.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #696 on: November 10, 2022, 12:32:53 AM »
Katatonia :)

They are on tour now, I saw the first show, it was like... I can't come up with something poetic but the best thing that's happened in a long long time. :) I'll be seeing a few more... :)

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #697 on: November 12, 2022, 11:58:39 AM »
All right, got a ticket off Groupon for Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  4th time seeing them.  I won't expect anything different from the other times I saw them, but I know they always have great visuals, vocals, musicianship, etc. and get into the holiday mood.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Toyota Arena - Ontario, California.  December 3rd, 2022.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #698 on: November 22, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Sadly, I'm going to miss my Soen show tonight in Chicago. The show I most wanted to see. Currently sitting in an immediate care waiting room because I have a sinus infection that is just brutal. My forehead feels like it is going to explode. I'm in no mood to drive into the city and then stand for hours with the amount of pain I am already in. Canceled my parking, which is something, but I am out the $32 for the ticket. Not a terrible financial loss. Just really bummed, but I have to be smart. I'm too old to be messing around.

Immediate is also the wrong word, I have about a 3 hour wait to see a doctor.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: November 22, 2022, 11:22:46 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that Prof. I've had multiple sinus infection until I got one that never went away and I needed surgery so I know the hell that it can be. Get some rest and get better soon! :tup