Author Topic: Concerts for 2022  (Read 37776 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Concerts for 2022
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2022, 08:54:09 PM »
I'm here at the Marquee in Arizona seeing Polyphia with Unprocessed for my birthday.

I'm getting old and decided, why not see a show in another state for my birthday.

Unprocessed Is about to come on soon.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #526 on: August 31, 2022, 10:22:36 PM »
Happy Birthday Ben!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #527 on: September 01, 2022, 06:47:56 AM »
I'm here at the Marquee in Arizona seeing Polyphia with Unprocessed for my birthday.

I'm getting old and decided, why not see a show in another state for my birthday.

How long you here for? Marquee is pretty close to me.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #528 on: September 01, 2022, 02:24:47 PM »
Oh boy, getting closer to Friday where I can finally see Goo Goo Dolls at the Greek Theater (I will be parking at a lot, about 10-15 minutes away from the venue, where there will be an air conditioned shuttle to take me to the location).  A ticket I still have on Groupon before the pandemic began.  It will be a culmination of a busy day for me that includes going to the Post Office and filing my passport application so that I can get my passport and go to Canada in February.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #529 on: September 03, 2022, 09:47:59 AM »
As a last-minute decision, I got tix with my wife and a good friend of mine to see Roger Waters at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday, August 31st.  Tix in the lower bowl had dropped to under $100.  So, we said "What the heck".  His stage set-up is phenomenal!  Because he was "in the round" and had the huge screens, there wasn't a bad seat in the house.  Every band playing arenas should use this set-up. 

And, at 78 years old, he clearly doesn't give a f*ck about anything anymore.  He's always spoken his mind.  However, I've never seen or heard him like this before.  He called out every US president from Reagan through Biden for the shitty war-time things they'd each done.  Enough about that, though.  The show itself was fantastic.  He opened the show with an atmospheric arrangement of "Comfortably Numb" that I still can't decide whether I liked it or not.  There was a lot of reminiscing about Syd during WYWH and SOYCD.  Tons of old band pics and videos on the screen.  It was glaringly obvious that he went out of his way to not use any footage with Gilmour present.  And, as usual, Dave Kilminster killed it on guitar.  If you're a fan of RW or PF and you won't be bothered by the politics, this is definitely a show worth seeing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #530 on: September 04, 2022, 02:46:35 PM »

How long you here for? Marquee is pretty close to me.

Sorry I didn't respond back. I was still asleep and had to be at the airport by 2 the next day. I ended up changing my flight from the early morning because I knew I was not going to be waking up by that time. Luckily, I did. But then that flight got delayed by an hour, then 3 hours for the transition flight in Dallas. I had asked if they could find anything else, and the airline called me back saying they found a direct flight to ABQ from PHX at 8 pm. So I took that and ended up at Talking Stick cause I was not waiting another 4 hours at the airport.  :lol

I had a little bit too much fun, but overall, seeing Polyphia and Unprocessed was awesome. With a sold out crowd they loved it and we all there at PHX loved it, and even sang along to Euphoria. The best part was at the end of the show when they were throwing out picks and one landed right on my forehead and slid down my face. I was all..."Now that is some funny shit." The person behind me started laughing and told me he saw it and just laughed when he saw it hit my face.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #531 on: September 04, 2022, 03:30:35 PM »
My wife went to see Diana Ross at the Minnesota State Fair last night.

The show went well, they had a Fireworks display afterwards.

Then unfortunately a Shooting happened, and a lot of people started bolting for the exits. More or less a riot of sorts.

And unfortunately, my wife got caught in the middle of it, in more or less a lockdown/trap, per they wouldn't let anyone get on the buses nor re-enter the fair grounds and leave through another exit. She was basically stuck there for over an hour wondering how/when she could get home.

There are Metal detectors at the gates, but obviously that is not enough. Some kids likely had guns, walked to an isolated area and threw them over the fence. Then entered the fair at the gates, and walked down to where they landed on the other side of the fence.

Fucking pathetic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #532 on: September 06, 2022, 07:45:52 AM »
Going to see Aerosmith at Fenway on Thursday.   Aerosmith and Kiss are the two bands I've seen the most in my life and I probably won't be seeing Kiss anymore and they went out on a high note.  I've seen the setlist, and Aerosmith's is a dandy (they're playing my favorite song!) so I have cautious optimism, but they're old now, and I don't know if we're going to see "JOE FUCKIN' PERRY!", if you get my drift.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #533 on: September 06, 2022, 09:41:31 AM »
As a last-minute decision, I got tix with my wife and a good friend of mine to see Roger Waters at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday, August 31st.  Tix in the lower bowl had dropped to under $100.  So, we said "What the heck".  His stage set-up is phenomenal!  Because he was "in the round" and had the huge screens, there wasn't a bad seat in the house.  Every band playing arenas should use this set-up. 

And, at 78 years old, he clearly doesn't give a f*ck about anything anymore.  He's always spoken his mind.  However, I've never seen or heard him like this before.  He called out every US president from Reagan through Biden for the shitty war-time things they'd each done.  Enough about that, though.  The show itself was fantastic.  He opened the show with an atmospheric arrangement of "Comfortably Numb" that I still can't decide whether I liked it or not.  There was a lot of reminiscing about Syd during WYWH and SOYCD.  Tons of old band pics and videos on the screen.  It was glaringly obvious that he went out of his way to not use any footage with Gilmour present.  And, as usual, Dave Kilminster killed it on guitar.  If you're a fan of RW or PF and you won't be bothered by the politics, this is definitely a show worth seeing.

I was also at this show.  Had a great time.  He also just turned 79 today.  You are pretty spot on about everything here.  I would add, I didn't care much about the Comfortably Numb version.  That was really my only complaint about the show (or maybe the screens could have been just a tad higher above the stage so I could see he people on the far end from my seat.  I though the screens generally were great being criss crossed.  It was kind of perfect for a corner arena seat.  I actually sat in the last row of he arena.  It was nice up there where people weren't and I could sit comfortably and enjoy the show.... other than the lady behind me who not only wouldn't stop talking thje entire show, she also spilled my white claw.  And since she had a big mouth, I heard her laughing about it so I turned around with a dead stare right in her eyes and said "I don't think it's funny".  She shut up but seriously, she knocked over an ENTIRE drink and didn't even apologize.  I was so angry.  It's not like those drinks are cheap at a concert either.  No respect.  I wanted to knock over her drink.  Anyway, concert was pretty good.  I love how they did the entire back half of Dark Side of the Moon. 

Roger Waters - This Is Not A Drill Tour LIVE @ Madison Square Garden New York City NY 8/31/2022

Going to see Aerosmith at Fenway on Thursday.   Aerosmith and Kiss are the two bands I've seen the most in my life and I probably won't be seeing Kiss anymore and they went out on a high note.  I've seen the setlist, and Aerosmith's is a dandy (they're playing my favorite song!) so I have cautious optimism, but they're old now, and I don't know if we're going to see "JOE FUCKIN' PERRY!", if you get my drift.

I will be very happy if Boston gets the same set as Bangor.  Looked like a perfect setlist for me.  Much better than what I saw in Vegas in 2019.  My gf and I are booked to head up Thursday and come back Saturday.  We haven't figured out our ticket situation yet though. 

But before we go to Boston, tonight's going to be a very very wet Rammstein concert at Metlife Stadium

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #534 on: September 06, 2022, 09:44:41 AM »

I was also at this show.  Had a great time.  He also just turned 79 today.  You are pretty spot on about everything here.  I would add, I didn't care much about the Comfortably Numb version.  That was really my only complaint about the show (or maybe the screens could have been just a tad higher above the stage so I could see he people on the far end from my seat.  I though the screens generally were great being criss crossed.  It was kind of perfect for a corner arena seat.  I actually sat in the last row of he arena.  It was nice up there where people weren't and I could sit comfortably and enjoy the show.... other than the lady behind me who not only wouldn't stop talking thje entire show, she also spilled my white claw.  And since she had a big mouth, I heard her laughing about it so I turned around with a dead stare right in her eyes and said "I don't think it's funny".  She shut up but seriously, she knocked over an ENTIRE drink and didn't even apologize.  I was so angry.  It's not like those drinks are cheap at a concert either.  No respect.  I wanted to knock over her drink.  Anyway, concert was pretty good.  I love how they did the entire back half of Dark Side of the Moon. 

Roger Waters - This Is Not A Drill Tour LIVE @ Madison Square Garden New York City NY 8/31/2022

I will be very happy if Boston gets the same set as Bangor.  Looked like a perfect setlist for me.  Much better than what I saw in Vegas in 2019.  My gf and I are booked to head up Thursday and come back Saturday.  We haven't figured out our ticket situation yet though. 

But before we go to Boston, tonight's going to be a very very wet Rammstein concert at Metlife Stadium

Reach out if you want; I'm going with Jim (you met him at both Maiden shows).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #535 on: September 06, 2022, 09:53:38 AM »
I got your number, I'm going to try and get there early.  Never been to Fenway before so I really want to walk around and check it all out.  So I'm down to come meet up and say hi or something before Aerosmith/Extreme hits the stage. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #536 on: September 06, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »
I got your number, I'm going to try and get there early.  Never been to Fenway before so I really want to walk around and check it all out.  So I'm down to come meet up and say hi or something before Aerosmith/Extreme hits the stage.

As am I; Jim's there for a doctor's appointment in the morning, and I'm heading up in the afternoon.  Fenway is a really cool place to walk around (not anymore, but there used to be a bunch of cool record stores in Kenmore Square, just over the bridge).  I'll check with Jim; maybe we'll grab a drink at the Cask n' Flagon right across the street. I know you're with your girl, so I don't want to intrude, but we have no hard plans until the first note (I do really want to see Extreme, though; they kill it every time). 

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #537 on: September 06, 2022, 04:36:24 PM »

I feel you about the woman with the big mouth.  There was guy in back of me and my wife who wouldn't shut the F up.  He was hammered, complaining every time a RW solo song was played and hated the politics.  Twice I turned around and told him to shut the hell up.  Even the people with him were telling him to be quiet.  It didn't work.  If you're gonna get wasted and talk and complain the whole time, stay the f*ck home! 

And, I can empathize about the lady unapologetically knocking over your White Claw.  The last time I saw Waters at MSG, in 2000, a guy 3 rows up from me and my buddy projectile vomited over everyone within 4 rows.  Thankfully, he waited until the 2nd to last song to do so.  But, everyone got up early and went to the bathroom to clean up.  Low and behold, the guy comes staggering into the bathroom, bragging about how he had just hurled everywhere.  Amazingly, nobody kicked his ass.

People suck!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #538 on: September 06, 2022, 08:11:51 PM »

Would that be Seasons Of Wither?

I'm pumped for you Stads and Marc that Aerosmith setlist looks awesome.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #539 on: September 06, 2022, 08:24:38 PM »

"Seasons Of Wither" and "Kings And Queens" are my 2 personal faves.  Enjoy the show! 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2022, 08:37:10 AM »
Seasons of Wither was never a personal favorite, but I really really want to see I Don't Want to Miss A Thing and Mama Kin that they didn't play when I last saw them.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2022, 11:58:37 AM »

That's the one...   pretty pumped up, to be honest.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2022, 11:59:08 AM »
Seasons of Wither was never a personal favorite, but I really really want to see I Don't Want to Miss A Thing and Mama Kin that they didn't play when I last saw them.

That's one of those songs that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better live. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2022, 08:08:47 AM »
So... I just saw a show that had no business being as good as it was.  Extreme and Aerosmith at Fenway.  I've seen Extreme I think three times before and I've seen Aerosmith more than any band other than Kiss through the years (starting in 1984 with the reunion tour).  I love Aerosmith and I enjoy watching a good hard rock band play.   They certainly did that yesterday.  It's going to perhaps sound like I wasn't thrilled, but I have to say that might be the best I've seen Aerosmith over the years.  Extreme was good, but their sound was ass, and they could have picked a better setlist.

It was a stadium show, which is to say it was very professional.  There were a couple of jams - Draw The Line was killer! - but it was the hits - KILLER set list; they added I think Toys In The Attic and DTL, dropped Full Circle and Big Ten Inch Record from Bangor - done to a high level of skill, but they weren't too far out over their skis.   The sound was excellent and it was a fantastic production.

Steven Tyler is 74 and he looks 60, and sounds 45.  I say this with a nod to the James discussion, but he doesn't sing every part note perfect; there was some restructuring, but he hits all the parts you expect and hits them solid.  He did seem to forget the words a lot, and rather than mumble like he used to, he just sang other lines. I know in Sweet Emotion he sang the "rabbit done died" line I think twice or three times.  Small quibble, but it leads to the next thing:  I know he sounded great, but I got a sense that he was... not phoning it in, he gave a full effort, but that he wasn't in the best mood.  There was little talking to the audience.  At the end, they took a photo with their back to the crowd and he was on the big screen and could be seen to say "Hurry the fuck up!" and he wasn't kidding.   They mingled a bit along the cat walk then he said "good night!" and walked off.  FWIW, my friend Jim disagreed with me on that last point.

Brad Whitford looked 100, and Tom Hamilton looked very... gaunt.  He is a bean pole on the best of days, but he looked really drawn.  He played well though; they did an extended intro to Sweet Emotion to let Steven get back to the stage (he sang Dream On from over the Green Monster) and it was really cool.  Joe Perry is, well, Joe Fuckin' Perry. Solid night from him, especially the intro to Seasons Of Whither.  John Douglas was the drummer and did yeoman's work in holding it all together.

Shout out to Cram and his girl; I met up with them in the intermission; always good to see them (and would love to hear their impressions of the show).

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 08:13:50 AM by Stadler »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2022, 11:08:48 AM »
I don't have the time to write up stuff today as we are still in Boston, but the show was fantastic other than a few sound issues that not only plagued Extreme, but also creeped into Aerosmith's set too.  Easily the biggest negative of the night (and the tight security who wouldn't let me stand behind my seat... although they let others do it, just not me for some reason).

I'll go share our pic in the other thread, but it was nice to chat again as usual.  My gf kept saying "he's such a nice guy" afterwards.

Here's a song Aerosmith - I Dont Want to Miss A Thing LIVE @ Fenway Park Boston MA 9/8/2022

and here's a picture before Extreme went on as the moon creeped out over Fenway

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #545 on: September 09, 2022, 12:13:17 PM »
Birthday concert with the Aristocrats tonight :metal :metal

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »
20th Anniversary show for A Passage In Time by Authority Zero tonight! Playing the album in full and playing at a venue they would have played at 20 years ago, albeit the larger room. Super excited.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2022, 01:31:37 PM »
Birthday concert with the Aristocrats tonight :metal :metal

Have a great Birthday show.  :metal :metal :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2022, 04:44:23 PM »
They released the Aftershock schedule, so updating with the bands I'll be seeing. Also had to drop Nine Inch Nails because of a conflict with AA, and may drop PT cause of finances.

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
2/6- Dream Theater, Fox Theater
3/13- Allegaeon, DNA Lounge
4/23 Dragonforce, UC Theater
6/30- Allegaeon, The X Bar in Santa Clara
7/1- Nemophila, USA DEBUT, Whisky A Go Go
9/9- Aristocrats, Great American Music Hall
9/21- Sabaton, Epica, Fox Theater
9/28- Porcupine Tree, The Masonic??
10/7- Nemophila, Spiritbox, Apopalyctica, Meshuggah, Lamb of God at Aftershock Festival
10/14- Band-Maid, August Hall
11/7- John Petrucci, Palace of Fine Arts

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2022, 04:48:33 PM »
If anyone is going to the Ghost/Mastodon show tomorrow at UBS Arena and needs a parking pass, PM me. I have one I can transfer out.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #550 on: September 09, 2022, 05:36:12 PM »
Well, I didn't go see Bush/Breaking Benjamin/Alice in Chains yesterday.  The pricetag of a far back bleacher center view seat did not go below $50.00 (and there were still rows of tickets available in those sections that was going for $65.00 min. on Ticketmaster) on the secondary markets.  I got to draw a line somewhere, especially knowing that I've spent hundreds going to Orlando in three weeks.

I thought about wanting to see Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness at the local House of Blues, and tickets are pretty cheap under $20.00, but for the first time in forever, it's actually raining in SoCal, so I'm going to pass on that.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2022, 12:09:33 AM »
Well that was one impressive fucking show. I've only seen Guthrie with SW, and Marco with him and with In Continuum, they're absolute monsters in this much more free-form environment.

Just amazing musicians.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2022, 03:11:02 PM »
If anyone is going to the Ghost/Mastodon show tomorrow at UBS Arena and needs a parking pass, PM me. I have one I can transfer out.

Would have loved to gone out there for the show tonight, but it's just not in the cards for me.  My feet are mush from all the driving and walking as I just got back from Boston.  I checked, an hour and 40 minutes with all the traffic to get there from my house.  I don't have it in me, but that'll be a really fun show with all 3 bands.

Offline Rob801

« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »
Lets see... Have seen a couple jazz shows. Larry Carlton & Son, and Dave Weckl/Tom Kennedy, both greast shows.

I will be seeing Porcupiner Tree for the first time on 9/30 at The Greek Theater 12th row dead center. Can't wait. Have seen Wilson several times, and Harrison a couple times with KC, but never PT.

NO SPOILERS follow. Couldn't stop myself from looking at the setlist for tonights show. Was very happy to see one song in particular on the list. Not sure how much they will change it up if at all, but I hope I get to see that perfomed on the 30th (whole set will be good imo).

Edit... I wrote spoilers in big bold letters but then decided to remove the song. Are ther no spoiler tags? I hovered over all the commands and could not find it. Tried a spoiler command from another site and it did not work.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 08:53:01 PM by Rob801 »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #554 on: September 11, 2022, 07:24:36 AM »
We use tiny text for spoiler hiding. Like this

We use tiny text for spoiler hiding

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2022, 07:29:07 AM »

Would have loved to gone out there for the show tonight, but it's just not in the cards for me.  My feet are mush from all the driving and walking as I just got back from Boston.  I checked, an hour and 40 minutes with all the traffic to get there from my house.  I don't have it in me, but that'll be a really fun show with all 3 bands.
Yeah traffic was pretty bad. It should've been a 30 mins drive from me and it took me more than an hour.

I missed most of Spirit Box. Spirit Box played at 7 for 30 mins, I only caught the last 5 minutes of the set. Mastodon was solid as always. I was expecting a longer setlist but as a supporting act, I guess an hour is normal. It was the same setlist from last year with Opeth, minus 4 songs.

Ghost...I mentioned before that I was not familiar with this band, and I was surprised to recognize a few of their songs I heard before I guess from radio stations or YouTube playlist. Their sound isn't bad, some interesting songs here and there, but sadly that's as far as it goes for me. Hell of a stage set up, but I did not care much for all the theatrics. Did not expect the fireworks though! That was cool.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2022, 02:46:53 PM »
Sucks you missed most of Spiritbox, I looked up the sets earlier and saw they only get 25 minutes so not surprising as an opener, but kind of sucks too.

I'll get to Aerosmith later.... I still want to review the concert I saw before... Rammstein from last Wednesday!

They played at Metlife Stadium on a rainy night.  There was no opener and they went on just after 8pm (and their entire show ended a little before 10:30).  Here's a picture shortly before the show started:

As you can see, it's probably the least black shirted metal show I've ever been to thanks to all the ponchos, but you can also see, it's not a huge turn out for a stadium gig.  I'm sure the rain played a role, but other than the floor being sold out, the seats above the 100s were mostly unsold.  It definitely filled in more after I took that pic, but not too much more.  Unless you were in the center of the pits, the show felt pretty empty.  Which honestly, was fine with me.  I bought a ticket at the box office before going in which saved me $40 in fees and although I was in the first row of the section which was full, I went back to the back rows of the section that were completely empty to watch in more comfort. 

I'm not the biggest Rammstein fan so I didn't know most of the songs going in, but it didn't really matter.  I thought the set was pretty well crafted.  Lots of heavy rockers, but a techno remix thrown in and a couple softer moments to change pace.  But I think it's pretty clear it's not just simply about the music, but about their stage show.  I mean, just look at that stage! The amount of pyro used for one set has got to be a record for a show I've attended.  The flames weren't just coming from the stage, but also from the lighting towers in the pit, so even in my seat in the 200s, I could feel that heat coming from the closest tower.  It really was quite a spectacle to watch, specifically during Sonne where it was mostly non stop flames around the stadium.  But they had plenty of other cool pyrics and fireworks, such as the firework that went across the stadium to the same towers. The highlight for me was easily the song Mein Teil where the singer basically cooked the keyboardist in a big pot.  First with a normal sized flame thrower, then with a large flame thrower, and finally with a huge cannon gun that shot at the pot.  It was just all sorts of an epic performance. 

A lot of that stuff I talked about I had seen on my tiktok and twitter feed before the show, but what I didn't know would happen and something I thought was so cool to see was how they started their first encore.  There was a side stage in the back of the crowd (basically next to the light tower on the far side of me) that they did a soft piano song to start the encore.  I believe the entire band besides the singer was on the side stage.  To make their way back to the main stage, three inflatable rafters popped up and the band got on and crowd surfed to the main stage where the singer grabbed them and took them onto the main stage.  What an incredible amount of trust.  One band member was signing things as they were moving, another was giving high fives, another just was standing trying to surf it.  Just fucking awesome.  I've had their music stuck in my head since then, so much so my gf asked me to stop singing in German while we were still in Boston  :lol

Rammstein LIVE @ Metlife Stadium New Jersey September 6th 2022

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2022, 02:57:50 PM »
Wow, that's a sold out floor? The middle section is jam-packed, but the front and rear sections are pretty sparse. Looks like they didn't space the barricades right. I'm guessing the Foro Sol will be a completely different experience.  :lol

If you're not familiar with Mein Teill you should check into it. It's actually an interesting, if not deeply disturbing story.

Also, the timelapse of the stage being built is pretty interesting. The infrastructure is built over 3 days earlier in the week. They've probably got two in use that leapfrog. The stage/lighting/sound shows up the morning of and goes up around the existing framework pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGuRKgvWQ4
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2022, 03:06:29 PM »
Wow, that's a sold out floor? The middle section is jam-packed, but the front and rear sections are pretty sparse. Looks like they didn't space the barricades right. I'm guessing the Foro Sol will be a completely different experience.  :lol

If you're not familiar with Mein Teill you should check into it. It's actually an interesting, if not deeply disturbing story.

Also, the timelapse of the stage being built is pretty interesting. The infrastructure is built over 3 days earlier in the week. They've probably got two in use that leapfrog. The stage/lighting/sound shows up the morning of and goes up around the existing framework pretty easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGuRKgvWQ4

So both floor sections were listed as sold out on livenation, but you could score under $100 tickets for either floor section before the show.  I think this is where the rain hurt the turn out the most.  But I have to imagine they also didn't space the barricades right, it definitely looks off.  My youtube comments are filled with people questioning the turn out.  I really don't know what happened here other than it was raining, but that doesn't explain the 200 and 300 levels being mostly empty.  Those simply were not sold.

As for Mein Teil, I actually read about it after the fact.  I figured there had to be a story about the pot and Till's outfit, and yeah, there is. 

You'll definitely have a different and very likely better turn out  :lol That timelapse video is incredible

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2022, 03:20:40 PM »
How big are they?  How do they afford to cart that from stadium to stadium?