Author Topic: Concerts for 2022  (Read 37753 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Concerts for 2022
« Reply #490 on: August 09, 2022, 09:52:10 AM »
Got burned by Anthrax last night. Cancelled very late in the day, and the prospects of getting a refund are slim to nothing. I think that's the first time I've ever gotten scorched on a ticket before. Shame it had to be them. I hope none of them are dead, but this really sours me on them. I could actually use that $46 this month.

Why wouldn't they provide refunds if the show was cancelled? The concerning part would be you won't get that money back quickly, but I'd have to imagine a full refund is in the works for a cancelled show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #491 on: August 09, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
Got burned by Anthrax last night. Cancelled very late in the day, and the prospects of getting a refund are slim to nothing. I think that's the first time I've ever gotten scorched on a ticket before. Shame it had to be them. I hope none of them are dead, but this really sours me on them. I could actually use that $46 this month.

Why wouldn't they provide refunds if the show was cancelled? The concerning part would be you won't get that money back quickly, but I'd have to imagine a full refund is in the works for a cancelled show.
Full show wasn't cancelled. Hatebreed and Black Label Society still played. Some people who made a very narrow window might have managed a refund, but it seems TM and the Venue are pointing at each other. Anthrax's post said that refunds were available at the box office until it closed, but the box office pointed to TM. This morning TM said that there were no refunds after the event had taken place. It's going to be a Catch 22, I reckon. In any case, I didn't get there until a few minutes after the box office had closed because I wasn't aware of what was going on (friendly Iranian lady manning the parking lot told me "no Anthrax here!"
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #492 on: August 09, 2022, 10:01:09 AM »

Full show wasn't cancelled. Hatebreed and Black Label Society still played. Some people who made a very narrow window might have managed a refund, but it seems TM and the Venue are pointing at each other. Anthrax's post said that refunds were available at the box office until it closed, but the box office pointed to TM. This morning TM said that there were no refunds after the event had taken place. It's going to be a Catch 22, I reckon. In any case, I didn't get there until a few minutes after the box office had closed because I wasn't aware of what was going on (friendly Iranian lady manning the parking lot told me "no Anthrax here!"

wow wtf. Hopefully they clear some of that up for you and others who didn't actually attend, but I would fear you may be right. That's FUCKED and not right that you had to go to the box office for a refund by a certain time. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #493 on: August 09, 2022, 11:23:51 AM »

wow wtf. Hopefully they clear some of that up for you and others who didn't actually attend, but I would fear you may be right. That's FUCKED and not right that you had to go to the box office for a refund by a certain time.
The venue was actually pretty reasonable about it, and surprisingly quick to reply to an email. They won't give me a refund but offered up a gift certificate for 2 to see "a select show." I'd rather have the $50, but I suppose that'll have to do. Maybe I can cash it in and sell them to get my money back.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #494 on: August 09, 2022, 11:31:15 AM »

Is it a co-headline tour?

I understand wanting a refund, but if the show is not cancelled, the show is still going on and the tickets are still valid.

At least the venue is offering those vouchers. But I think they couldn't refund since the show wasn't technically cancelled.

It's an unfortunate thing and the band doesn't have to say anything.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #495 on: August 09, 2022, 11:50:11 AM »

Is it a co-headline tour?

I understand wanting a refund, but if the show is not cancelled, the show is still going on and the tickets are still valid.

At least the venue is offering those vouchers. But I think they couldn't refund since the show wasn't technically cancelled.

It's an unfortunate thing and the band doesn't have to say anything.
It does seem to have been a co-headline deal. They're both playing 12 song sets. At the same time that's no reason not to offer refunds. The co-headline thing actually works to their advantage here, as most of the people attended anyway. Only a small minority would be seeking refunds.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #496 on: August 09, 2022, 01:07:00 PM »
Well that's just fucked. Sorry man.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2022, 01:07:13 AM »
I'm torn between seeing either both of Mastadon and Astronoid with Holy Fawn headlining. I might end up just seeing both, but if not I don't know who to see.

For one, I haven't seen Mastadon in a while and they're likely going to be playing a longer set as this is a side stop from their tour with Ghost. Spiritbox is also joining them as support. This is on the 28th.

Holy Fawn w/ Astronoid is on my birthday.

I remember seeing Astronoid with Tesseract and loving them. I then forgot about them until recently when I looked at shows coming up here, and seeing what the music from the bands playing on my birthday sounded like. Their new album is amazing and it is going to be a big contrast going from them to Holy Fawn.

I might just end up seeing Astronoid since it's my birthday and I love going to shows.

So after the Freaks on Parade Tour on the 16th, next would be Mastadon then Astronoid.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2022, 02:08:45 PM »
I'm not familiar with Astronoid, but I like Spiritbox those most of the four bands mentioned a lot so I'd choose that concert personally.

Some more reviews...

Last Saturday was Incubus, Sublime with Rome, and the Aquadolls at my local spaceship amphitheater. Got lawn tickets at the box office, once again, could not find a single under face value ticket for the lawn.  My friend came with my girlfriend and myself and we had this discussion (which came up here a couple weeks ago) and he agreed, he hasn't seen cheap tickets like we used to either.  He thinks stubhub is putting a minimum on tickets because he goes to Red Bull soccer games and hasn't scored the $5 game day ticket dumps. 

Anyway, Aquadolls were not for me.  At all.  Boring old school style 40s rock with a modern maybe punkish twist.  Just boring to me.  I did feel bad while chatting with the group of people near us that I wihs they didn't play at all and the girl was not happy being she was a fan  :lol I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.

Sublime With Rome were good.  I've seen them 12 times now so I know what to expect and sadly, I did not expect such a short set.  I think they got 45 minutes, but it felt like 30.  Literally everyone around me was like WTF? I must say, I was a bit surprised to see a significant young crowd show up for Sublime.  Funny enough, for their set the lawn got packed but the seats were empty.  I really think there is something up with ticket sales. 

Incubus were good as usual.  My complaint however is their setlists are starting to get stale.  With only a couple songs I had never seen before, they are starting to become like 311 when in the past they would shuffle a few more songs.  I did think Echo was great as I had never seen that one.  I read a bit about Brandon's voice being much better this tour, but I didn't notice.  He was his same hit/miss as the last time I saw them in 2019.  I wouldn't say his performance was bad at all, just not as good as some critics seem to think this tour.  Definitely a very fun summer night, but maybe not the most memorable concert for me.

Incubus & Sublime with Rome LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 2022

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2022, 02:33:36 PM »
Last Saturday was Incubus, Sublime with Rome, and the Aquadolls at my local spaceship amphitheater. Got lawn tickets at the box office, once again, could not find a single under face value ticket for the lawn.  My friend came with my girlfriend and myself and we had this discussion (which came up here a couple weeks ago) and he agreed, he hasn't seen cheap tickets like we used to either.  He thinks stubhub is putting a minimum on tickets because he goes to Red Bull soccer games and hasn't scored the $5 game day ticket dumps. 

I have not sold tickets through stubhub in a while (at least 4 years), but I did sell a ticket through Ticketmaster and they put a minimum. In fact, the minimum was higher than what I paid for them. I paid $89, including fees, for a show. Decided I wasn't going to go and went to sell it, and I could not list it for less than $110. I was actually trying to sell it for less that what it cost me and it didn't let me.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2022, 02:43:04 PM »

I have not sold tickets through stubhub in a while (at least 4 years), but I did sell a ticket through Ticketmaster and they put a minimum. In fact, the minimum was higher than what I paid for them. I paid $89, including fees, for a show. Decided I wasn't going to go and went to sell it, and I could not list it for less than $110. I was actually trying to sell it for less that what it cost me and it didn't let me.

Ticketmaster has always had that, I think.  It's because they are usually the official seller so they want you to buy a face value ticket not under value.  That, to me, makes sense.  But stub hub not having anything cheap?  That's what seems off to me. I don't think I've ever bought a resale on ticket master for this reason.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2022, 06:57:33 PM »
Updating for Band Maid and Petrucci....

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
2/6- Dream Theater, Fox Theater
3/13- Allegaeon, DNA Lounge
4/23 Dragonforce, UC Theater
6/30- Allegaeon, The X Bar in Santa Clara
7/1- Nemophila, USA DEBUT, Whisky A Go Go
9/9- Aristocrats, Great American Music Hall
9/11- Nine Inch Nails, Greek Theater in Berkeley
9/21- Sabaton, Epica, Fox Theater
9/28- Porcupine Tree, The Masonic
10/7- Nemophila and a shit ton of other bands at Aftershock Festival
10/14- Band-Maid, August Hall
11/7- John Petrucci, Palace of Fine Arts

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
Another review...

On Sunday I went to the Stone Pony Summer Stage for a sold out 4 band metalcore show! It was really hot out and a beautiful day with little clouds, but I must say, this venue needs cloudy weather.  The sun behind the stage can just be brutal and it was a really hard time staying cool for this show.  The first band was who I wanted to see the most, Bad Omens.  I saw them 5 months ago locally as an opener and thought they were awesome.  I got their latest 2022 album and played it to death since then so when I saw they were coming back to NJ, even as an opener again, I really wanted to be there.  They hit the stage at 5pm.  When I got to the venue, the line was wrapped around to get in at 4:30pm.  I got in just in time, the place was already packed.  Clearly people have been discovering this band lately like I did and showed up early to see them.  This set was better than last time because they played more of the new stuff that I really enjoy.  Lots of hardcore style dancing in the pit that broke out right in front of me.  There was also a large wall of death and the final song everyone in the crowd went nuts.  What a great set and great crowd for them.  They also sounded perfect (which makes me wonder how much of their show is truly live vs. backing tracks). 

But now is where the heat started sinking in as the place was basically full at this point.  Luckily there's an indoor area, the original venue of the Stone Pony.  I ended up missing some of the second band because I was still cooling off inside.  But by the time I got back outside, there was no where to move so I was relegated to the back of the venue for Beartooth's set.  I wasn't familiar with them up until a few days before the show when I sampled some songs and found them to be pretty solid.  THe singer's energy was great.  He got the crowd going pretty well.  Their set was pretty good, other than the last song seemingly dragging forever and maybe part of it was me just waiting for it to end so I could go back inside.

The Ghost Inside were the 3rd band and I was not really into them at all.  More hardcore than the other bands.  Kept to my spot in the back as the sun was still just belting the venue until the end of their set when it started to finally set and I could see the stage much better without having to hold a hand to my head to block the sun.  I should note, my videos for both Beartooth and the Ghost Inside are basically terrible because of the sun  :lol

The headliner was A Day to Remember.  I saw them once before in 2019 and thought they were really solid live without knowing their music.  I never went back to get to know their music so I was still pretty unfamiliar with their songs, but once again, they were pretty strong live.  Definitely had a wild crowd.  Before they came on, I moved to mid center of the venue, but as soon as they started the pits opened up and I just had no energy to deal with that so I went back to the back which wasn't so bad as it turned into night so I could see much better.  They had some technical difficulties which I always love that included us hearing some of the backing tracks without the band  :lol and also they shot up confetti but it was fairly windy and the wind just blew it all onto the side of the stage getting stuck in the scaffolding which lead to a pretty cool looking stage for their set.

I did something I hardly ever do anymore, I left early.  I could have saw the last 5 songs and then waited 90 minutes for a train, or catch that earlier train and miss the end of their set.  I was way too tired and it was a Sunday so I didn't want to linger more.  I will say, you could hear them pretty damn good from outside the venue.  I guess I wasn't too shocked to see tiktoks of people enjoying the concert from outside the venue on Monday.  Overall, if you like this genre of music, this tour is probably perfect for you.  I'm so so on metalcore, but Bad Omens killed it so in the end, this was a good show.

A Day to Remember Ghost Inside Beartooth Bad Omens LIVE @ Stone Pony NJ

In other news, my gf can no longer go to the Imagine Dragons concert next week and being that it's completely sold out, I figured I would off load the tickets.  I made $200 off the sale.  So I'm going to flip that money and buy Red Hot Chili Pepper tickets which are insanely expensive and that stadium show is almost sold out too.  But let's be real, I'd rather see RHCP than ID and it's not even close.

My friend said he may have an extra ticket for me for Rage tomorrow, but I've told him to try and offload it to others before giving it to me because I'm going on Sunday, so for now, here's the weekend slate:

August 14th - Rage Against the Machine & Run the Jewels @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2022, 04:21:54 PM »
I enjoy Imagine Dragons. Your GF is missing a great show by Imagine Dragons. Lots and lots of confetti with them. I felt bad for the venue staff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: August 12, 2022, 08:01:24 AM »
I enjoy Imagine Dragons. Your GF is missing a great show by Imagine Dragons. Lots and lots of confetti with them. I felt bad for the venue staff.

She has a business trip she couldn't wiggle out of.  I tried selling just one ticket so I could go and no one was buying it, so once I put both up they both sold.  I may keep my eye out for a lawn ticket, but I'm probably not going to go.  I've seen them once before so it's not a huge deal.  I'd rather see RHCP though for the money.  These concerts are just really too expensive so going to both is not easy on the wallet.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #505 on: August 12, 2022, 01:15:29 PM »

She has a business trip she couldn't wiggle out of.  I tried selling just one ticket so I could go and no one was buying it, so once I put both up they both sold.  I may keep my eye out for a lawn ticket, but I'm probably not going to go.  I've seen them once before so it's not a huge deal.  I'd rather see RHCP though for the money.  These concerts are just really too expensive so going to both is not easy on the wallet.

The Freaks on Parade tour is way more expensive than the Imagine Dragons show. Imagine Dragons wasn't that bad for a Pit ticket.

Now one show that is a great deal is Lamb of God, that is $75 w/o fees for a pit ticket. Compare that to $300 for pit for Freaks on Parade.

The Freaks on Parade tour is playing off Nu-Metal Nostalgia. Which hilariously worked.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #506 on: August 12, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »
That must be a regional thing. The Rob Zombie show was not like that locally at all (I would have gone but was out of town).

My friend hooked me up with his extra ticket and I'm on the train headed to MSG for night 4 of 5 of Rage Against the Machine.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: August 14, 2022, 11:37:32 AM »
I'm not familiar with Astronoid, but I like Spiritbox those most of the four bands mentioned a lot so I'd choose that concert personally.

Some more reviews...

Anyway, Aquadolls were not for me.  At all.  Boring old school style 40s rock with a modern maybe punkish twist.  Just boring to me.  I did feel bad while chatting with the group of people near us that I wihs they didn't play at all and the girl was not happy being she was a fan  :lol I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.

Sublime With Rome were good.  I've seen them 12 times now so I know what to expect and sadly, I did not expect such a short set.  I think they got 45 minutes, but it felt like 30.  Literally everyone around me was like WTF? I must say, I was a bit surprised to see a significant young crowd show up for Sublime.  Funny enough, for their set the lawn got packed but the seats were empty.  I really think there is something up with ticket sales. 

Incubus were good as usual.  My complaint however is their setlists are starting to get stale.  With only a couple songs I had never seen before, they are starting to become like 311 when in the past they would shuffle a few more songs.  I did think Echo was great as I had never seen that one.  I read a bit about Brandon's voice being much better this tour, but I didn't notice.  He was his same hit/miss as the last time I saw them in 2019.  I wouldn't say his performance was bad at all, just not as good as some critics seem to think this tour.  Definitely a very fun summer night, but maybe not the most memorable concert for me.

Incubus & Sublime with Rome LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 2022

I agree with you on the incubus setlist. Truthfully I was hoping with this tour they'd do an anniversary tour of morning view.

As with Brandon he is still very hit or miss live but I'm there for the band and to see what new pedals Mike has in his arsenal :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #508 on: August 15, 2022, 11:11:50 PM »
Made an exception to my concert year being over after Soen announced a US tour. I'm still stunned. Only $32 after fees. No-brainer.

Nov. 22nd - Soen at Lincoln Hall Chicago
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2022, 02:10:40 AM »
Okay...So while browsing Youtube there was a band that popped up, so I decided to check them out.

That band is Unprocessed and holy cow are they amazing. I love this blend of Pop with Guitar based Metal. They're in the same vein as Polyphia but add vocals to it which makes the music linger more towards Pop territory. I am loving the sound.

As I was perusing their Facebook page, I came to find out they're touring with Polyphia. Tickets to Denver are sold out, but I look at Phoenix and they're playing there on my Birthday. I am now thinking of just going to Phoenix to see them w/ Polyphia.

Man...Decisions, decisions.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2022, 04:51:22 PM »
Last weekend I attended nights 4 and 5 of the Rage Against the Machine 5 night stand at Madison Square Garden.  Before I talk about the actual performances, I must point out that BOTH shows had some of the friendliest and yet most active crowds I've been apart of.  To start, my friend gave me a ticket so obviously my friend is friendly, but he had another extra he sold outside the venue to some dude who was also cool (and he sat with us so it's not like it was just an exchange).  Outside the venue during that exchange, a couple offered a free cannoli and in return I passed my J to them.  It was a really random exchange between tickets, cannolis, and marijuana  :lol The couple dudes next to me the first night were awesome, exchanging high fives and singing along together.  The second night the guy next to me bought me a beer.  I bought another random guy a beer.  It was just a really friendly environment for such a politically charged and hard rocking band.  VERY COOL  :tup

Run the Jewels opened and did the same set both nights.  I really wasn't into their music, but the crowd generally seemed into them. I'm not too into rap/hiphop so it's no surprise. They seemed to make some points about respecting and treating women right both nights so I respect that, especially at a male dominated concert.  It's two guys rapping to a DJ.  So I don't really have much else to say.  They did a song about playing Madison Square Garden which was pretty cool.

Rage Against the Machine did two slightly different sets.  Zach was carried on and off the stage because of a leg injury (I've read rumors of a torn achilles or torn ACL) and sat on a speaker in the front center.  For a guy sitting, he sure had a ton of energy and at times would stand up.  A few different people asked me since the show how Zach was sitting and I thought he was great and he probably got the crowd more worked up than any other sitting singing could.  And the crowd was pretty wild for both nights.  I'm not sure I've ever seen the Garden rocking so hard.  Everyone standing up and moving, even in the seats.  The guy next to me on the last night bought 3 seats it seemed so he could rock out (and he was going wild!).  I was in the front row above the floor so there was a guard rail in front of us and me and this guy were rocking it so hard it legit broke.  Multiple security guards and staff came from underneath us and actually fixed it during the set! I've never seen that! So efficient in fixing it, but I guess they saw a potential lawsuit coming if one of us fell off (it was a solid 10 foot drop to concrete).  So funny, but honestly, WE broke it  :lol The second night got 2 extra songs, the first night got a song that hadn't been played all tour.  I feel like while there wasn't a special ending to the last night and last show of the tour, they still did enough to make each night special.  I've never been a huge Rage fan, and I think they turned me into one.  I'm not going to go out and buy the albums now, but I respect the hell out of their live performance and how awesome their fans were.  Who knows if I will ever see them again, so I'm very happy with the weekend spent with them.

Here's the guys fixing the railing:

Outside the Garden:

And inside from night 5:

Rage Against The Machine & Run The Jewels LIVE @ Madison Square Garden New York City NY 8/12-14/2022

Next up, tomorrow:

August 17th - Red Hot Chili Peppers & The Strokes @ Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2022, 08:34:32 PM »
Got my first few FL shows booked.

Feb 8th - Neal Morse Band - Sony Theater, New York NY
Feb 26th - Tool - Prudential Center, Newark NJ
March 9th - Leprous - Sony Theater, New York NY
March 19th - Leprous - Come and Take It Live, Austin TX
March 21st - Dream Theater - ACL Live, Austin TX
April 15th - Transatlantic - Keswick Theater, Glenside PA
April 16th - Transatlantic - Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
April 27th  - Journey + Toto - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville TN
April 29th - Transatlantic - Morsefest 2022, Cross Plains TN
April 30th - Transatlantic - Morsefest 2022, Cross Plains TN
May 1st - Progject - Cruise to the Edge Pre Party, Cape Canaveral FL
May 2nd-7th - All the bands - Cruise to the Edge
June 11th - Bent Knee - Saint Vitus, Brooklyn NY
June 12th - Symphony X + Haken - Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
June 16th - Paul McCartney - Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ
July 16th - Jordan Rudess - City Winery, New York NY
Sept 16th - Porcupine Tree - Radio City Music Hall, New York NY
Sept 17th - Porcupine Tree - The Met, Philadelphia PA
October 22nd - John Petrucci - Capitol Theater - Clearwater FL
October 23rd - John Petrucci - Hard Rock Live - Orlando FL
December 3rd - Soen - Crowbar, Tampa FL
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #512 on: August 17, 2022, 06:49:27 AM »
For such a big place, I love seeing shows at the Garden. The sound system there is SO FREAKING GOOD. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #513 on: August 17, 2022, 07:01:23 AM »
got tickets to see Tenacious D next month in CT, why not  :corn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #514 on: August 17, 2022, 07:08:31 AM »

That should be fun!  Where are they playing?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #515 on: August 17, 2022, 07:15:42 AM »

Bridgeport, at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater. Never seen them so it's one of those, but heard good things about their shows, should be fun!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #516 on: August 17, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »

Bridgeport, at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater. Never seen them so it's one of those, but heard good things about their shows, should be fun!

It sucks they aren't playing too close.  I'd love to see them, but I don't have them on the level of "travel to see" though probably since I haven't listened to them in many years.  That would be a fun show though. 

Now today's job... try and scoop up a day of ticket to the mostly sold out RHCP show. 

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #517 on: August 17, 2022, 11:42:51 PM »

Enjoy.

I had a blast when I found tickets for the night I arrived in Mesa for Dream Theater the next day.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2022, 09:26:27 PM »
Tonight is one of my favorite psych-rock bands from Philly, Ruby the Hatchet, at a venue/beer garden in downtown LA called Resident.  Discovered these guys opening for Kylesa and Torche back in 2013, and since I lived in Philly 2012-2016 I caught them whenever I could. Always stoked when they make it out to the west coast  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2022, 02:13:20 PM »
Wednesday night was the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Metlife Stadium! I can't believe how packed the stadium was.  I didn't see it listed as sold out, but it basically was.  I scored a ticket the day of by refreshing until a seat became available. I paid a lot of money (which was face value) for a pretty good seat in the end. It was a really perfect day too, it was a bit cloudy so it was mid 70s and not super hot like most of the outdoor concerts this summer have been.

First band was Thundercat.  I was not familiar with him (it's the name of the main guy, singer and bassist) but I enjoyed the short opening set.  I think some here might even enjoy his kind of proggy bass playing along with the keys and drums.  It was interesting music at times.  A think it's technically R&B? So not really my music generally, but it was a cool set.  What I didn't know was he also played in Suicidal Tendencies and has two Grammys under his belt. 

Next was The Strokes.  I had only sampled them briefly and didn't care for what I heard.  My gf really likes them (but sadly she could not attend).  I figured maybe they would win me over live.  They did not.  I found their performance very bland and boring.  The singer made me wonder if he was on drugs or something.  He just seemed out of it and was rambling between songs and one point he said shut up to I believe a band member and the band just started playing.  They did a 45 minute set and I was happy when they ended.  The stadium was now fully packed.

RHCP started with an intro jam.  The jam was pretty awesome and it was longer than I expected.  They did multiple jams between songs all night.  Flea sounded absolutely amazing.  He's also so wild on stage including doing hand stands and jump kicks.  Guy is absolutely wild.  He's up there with some of my favorite bassists. It was nice seeing John back in the band.  He sounded great and I forgot about his vocals being a big part of the performance.  I thought they also sounded really good.  Usually I would rip on the singer, but I find it hard to in this case. He sounded pretty good. Our setlist ended up being pretty strong on Californication which pleased me.  More songs from that album than their latest, for which, they played two of my lesser liked songs from that album, but both those songs came off so much better live.  I didn't think Unlimited Love was anything special, so this gives me hope that maybe it's better than I realize. (and they just dropped a new song today).  Overalll, awesome set and I had an absolute blast during their performance.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Strokes, & Thundercat LIVE @ Metlife Stadium NJ 8/17/2022

Next up:

I am actually thinking I will go see this tomorrow (I was not originally planning to go)
August 20th - Styx, REO Speedwagon, & Loverboy @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2022, 10:17:28 AM »
So, I went to see Brad Paisley at FivePoint Amphitheater, yesterday.  Bought the ticket, months ago, as part of the $25.00 Live Nation thing they were doing.  Had a 12th row bleacher seat with a center view.  Interestingly enough, the view from row 30-40 is a hella a lot different than row 12.

Now I'm not going to give a full play by play details, since it's basically a similar show to the one I saw last year in the same place, but he played a few different songs and switched some video visuals in some songs, which were solid.  He still kept the snippets of playing Purple Rain and Hot For Teacher.  What I also liked about his shows is how he's able to weave in the main people from the opening acts to make a guest appearance during his set.

Now for some interesting observations.

A few minutes just before Paisley's set began, I heard someone a few rows behind me that shouted out security a few times.  I thought, by the way everyone gathered, someone fainted or something.  Nope, it looked like there was some people pushing around (I presume people were drunk or something and got a bit too rowdy for people's liking).  No idea how that resolved.  Hopefully, peacefully that didn't wreck people's enjoyment of the show, but it was a bit of a distraction in the opening songs of the set.

Also, there was a couple a row in front of me that was seated in seats that was completely un-useable and unsafe for anyone to seat on, so someone from the venue had them moved to a different section.  Apparently, it was a better section, because during a song called She's Everything, which was the song to use the Kiss Cam, they were the first couple on the Kiss Cam, so that's nice memory for them out of a uncomfortable situation.

One song that he busted out for this tour was called Letter to Me and I heard a few times before the set and a few times after the set and I really like the song.  It's basically a concept where if you had to write a letter to your 17-year old self, what would you say to your younger self?  Paisley said that he would say to his younger self that the best years are not the ones in high school and there's a lot to look forward for our future selfs and he's right and that resonated with me well.

I left during the encore to get a head start back to the parking lot (and a couple of people had the same idea as well) and heard the encore as I walked to the lot and he closed the set playing a cover of Don Henley's The Boys of Summer ending the show on a good note.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2022, 01:24:47 PM »
I am actually thinking I will go see this tomorrow (I was not originally planning to go)
August 20th - Styx, REO Speedwagon, & Loverboy @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

I didn't go to that show.  The concert was sold out besides the lawn and I just wasn't going to pay too much for lawn. 

I was also debating about this show this weekend because I like Foreigner and never saw Kid Rock.... but similar, the seats are all sold out and the lawn is super expensive at face value.  It's just not worth it for me.

August 27th - Kid Rock and Foreigner @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

BUT I did decide to go to a reggae concert last night....

Sadly I had to go to a wake after work, but I bolted out of there and got to the venue in Asbury Park during Mike Love's set.  He was a solo guitarist/singer doing reggae music.  Some songs he played to backing tracks, some were just him.  Honestly, it wasn't my thing.  He spoke WAY too much between songs.  Kind of a lot of hippy talk.  Which generally, I'm not against the whole positivity and be down to earth and in the moment type of stuff, but when the talking doesn't stop, it gets annoying.  I walked outside before the end of his set to have a smoke.

I really wanted to see the headliner so came on at 10pm right when I got back inside the venue.  The outside was pretty nice, literally about 30 people all smoking marijuana.  The cops kept driving by and didn't stop.  It's legal in NJ but publicly smoking is not legal, but I guess, who cares?  I know I don't.  Needless to say, I've been to a couple concerts here before that were very poorly attended (Leprous and Amaranthe) so I was a bit shocked to see the venue packed.  I guess it should be no surprise reggae is more popular than european metal at a Jersey beach town. 

Iya Terra were awesome.  I really like this type of music that really doesn't get much recognition at all on this forum (which makes sense, that's not a knock). I saw them last year open for 311 and Iration and I thought they were pretty good then so I wanted to check out their headline set.  The band seemed very happy and pleased with the large turn out.  There were quite a few people dancing fairly aggressive for reggae music which was a bit of a shock for me.  I'm pretty sure the couple next to me were tripping balls based on how they were dancing  :lol They didn't bother me too much, but clearly were bothering others around me including the lady in front of me who kept getting the guys sweat on her.  Security was pretty tight at this show.  They constantly kept coming through the pit to yell at people smoking.  And honestly, while I think security was a bit over the top, these people smoking were in the wrong.  As I already mentioned, just go outside and smoke, no one was stopping you from toking outside and coming back in.  Well, eventually Iya Terra told the crowd to light up before they did a cover of Breed by Nirvana.  That must have pissed security off.  I saw one guard yell so hard at the guy near me that he was spitting all over him and he even called the smoker a "fa****" which was a bit shocking to see it get that out of line.  But the smoker was an asshole too, besides just lighting up, he blew smoke in the guards face and didn't put it out.  He eventually ran away from security and I never saw him again.  Security then went and kicked a few other people out for smoking.  Honestly, it was kind of entertaining watching all this, but I do think these people should have just stopped when security asked them to. 

For the encore, they brought out the two openers, Mike Love and Nattali Rize (who I missed) as well as their friend who was there from another band (I didn't catch the name) for a song and ended with an instrumental outro that was really cool (and did two other songs as well).  The drummer threw his set list into the crowd and the guy near me who got it asked if I wanted it, hell yeah!

I won't have time to do a full video (and I didn't record much anyway) so here's the one full song I captured and it's their biggest hit so if curious what this band is, check them out!

Iya Terra - Stars LIVE @ House of Independents Asbury Park NJ 8/24/2022 in 4k

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2022, 03:12:39 PM »
The Music of Cream show next month in Minneapois got cancelled again, lol.

no idea why.

I bought a ticket for Nick Mason though in October tho.

thinking about
-Billy Cobham
-Petrucci
-Foals

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #523 on: August 25, 2022, 03:40:29 PM »
I bought a ticket for Nick Mason though in October tho.

thinking about
-Billy Cobham
-Petrucci
-Foals

If Petrucci come play here in London, I will definitely go see him. The last time I saw him playing solo has to be way back in the G3 tour in 2001.
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: August 31, 2022, 03:05:27 PM »
Last Friday my gf and I attended the postponed from earlier this summer Blame Canada tour featuring Sum 41, Simple Plan, and Set it Off.  It was sold out and we wanted to see the opener so we got to the venue super early for the doors opening at 5:30.  Line was around the building and we got at 6.  Sadly, we couldn't get right up to the barrier, but we were maybe 5 people deep from the center stage so our view was great.  I mentioned from my review last time I went to the Stone Pony Summer Stage that I hate how the sun sets behind the stage so it's in your eyes while watching until it gets dark.  Well, we got lucky with it being a cloudy day so the clouds really helped with actually being able to see the show well.  Set It Off started the show off with a short but fun set.  This was actually my 3rd time seeing them this year and due to the postponement, we actually got a slightly different set so all 3 times I got to see different songs including all the new songs they have played so far.  I had so much fun for their set.  I even jumped and got down on the ground when he said to.  My fat ass was living this set up. 

Before Simple Plan came on, we decided to stay in our spot and not get more drinks or go to the bathroom yet.  We held that good spot up close and saw the place was filled now so there was no way we were getting back.  My gf is a Simple Plan fan so she really wanted to stay up close.  Their set was surprisingly (since I"m not a huge fan) fun.  I had seen them once before and enjoyed their set, but this was so much better.  The mosh pit broke out just behind me so it was a pretty active set for us and holding up crowd surfers.  The best part was easily during their hit song Im Just a Kid, the drummer jumped into the crowd to crowd surf and the singer took over playing the drums with the singer from Set it Off doing vocals.  Just an awesome vibe.  The sun also set during their set so the backdrop was beautiful.  Our original plan was to head to the back halfway during their set, but we both said no way, this was too much fun to leave.  However, when they finsihed, I was absolutely exhausted and we both needed to use the bathroom so we gave up our spot.  I needed to eat something and drink water badly.

We watched the Sum 41 set from the back of the venue.  They were pretty good.  Much more guitar driven punk so some here may actually like them (guitarist is an Iron Maiden fan!).  I only knew a few songs, the hits, which were fun.  Sadly I can't help but admit that we both put all our energy into the first two bands that we both just felt out of it for Sum 41.  It probably would have been a totally different experience up close, but even in the back, people were really going wild and enjoying it.  My videos even show how active the crowd was for them.  This is very likely my last show at the venue for the summer and it was maybe the best of the summer there.  Great show and atmosphere.

A picture of Set it Off:

Sum 41, Simple Plan, & Set It Off LIVE @ Sold Out Stone Pony Summer Stage Asbury Park NJ 8/26/2022

Up next.... heading into NYC after work in a bit to see:

August 31st - Roger Waters @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY