Author Topic: Concerts for 2022  (Read 37745 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Concerts for 2022
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2022, 06:41:45 AM »
Paul McCartney is about to be 80 years old and he still has a good enough live voice.  Then again, Beatles and Wings songs aren't really vocally demanding songs to sing.  Probably Maybe I'm Amazed.

For him, it's the duration.  When I saw him in 2010, he had already played 2 and a half hours, and THEN he did "Yesterday" and "Helter Skelter" back-to-back.  I don't know if he's still doing three hour shows, but I don't care if the range is all that great, to be steadily singing for three hours is no small feat.  And, curiously, I don't recall him EVER reaching for a drink of water the entire show.  I remember thinking, I wonder what his breath is like after three hours of dry singing.  :)  :) :)

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
All right, finally got a show in June.  Going to see Nothing More and Atreyu at the Anaheim House of Blues tomorrow.  Just a short drive away.  Tickets were going for $53.00 on Ticketmaster.  Found a GA ticket on Stubhub for $35.00.  Completely fine with that.  Last time I saw Nothing More for $25.00 in a smaller room in LA in 2019, they had three supporting bands I don't care much for.  At least, here, it's a nice little curiosity to see Atreyu so the difference is fine.  Asking Alexandria was also supposed to be on this bill, but I think they pulled out due to health reasons (vocalist had some throat issues or something).  No matter, that's not much of a deal breaker.

Nothing More and Atreyu - House of Blues - Anaheim, CA.  June 15th, 2022.

Edit: Just checking out Atreyu's recent setlists, ok, I like this stuff.  I know of them for a long time, but I haven't had the opportunity to listen to more of their stuff.  This will be a great night with them and Nothing More.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:40:06 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #387 on: June 15, 2022, 08:29:39 AM »

First concert of 2022!

Scored $20 Coldplay tickets, was a blast, and having the supermoon made a nice backdrop. The tickets were in the nosebleed section but honestly can't complain, still had a great time and could see the screens just fine.  Sound was great for the most part but some songs had a weird echo effect. Very cool list of songs, the closer choice was a bit odd with 'Biutyful'. Also having a muppet sing a couple of tracks was even odder. Other than that, crowd was on fire, singing really loud! Visually spectacular all around

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: June 15, 2022, 08:32:57 AM »
Oh that moon over an outdoor concert must have been nice!  It was almost full and very bright for the Sammy show last weekend but not quite as bright and full as it was last night.  I love stuff like that. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #389 on: June 16, 2022, 12:17:06 AM »
All right, back from the concert early, but it started early.  Around 6:30 or so.  First off, the greatest phrase in life at times is free x.  Well, for me today, that phrase is free parking.  Usually the HOB would validate parking to get a free hour or two, but the people say don't worry about it, the gates are going to be open, just drive through and parking is free today.  Don't know why, but who cares, I'll take it over paying $15.00.

For my spot today, well, since I would not want to make the same mistake for a Nothing More show in 2019 where I was in the 5th row and I got caught in a lot of pushing, crowd-surfing, and pits nearby during the support bands.  It was a great atmosphere to be in, but my body can only handle so much, so I go with the usual spot at the HOB and be on the rail next to the soundboard in the back.  Don't have to worry about getting trapped in pits or having to move around to get a clear sight behind tall people.  I rather watch the chaos of the crowd than be part of it.

As for the bands. Eva Under Fire was ok.  The band lost me forever when the guitarist tried to get a "Quack" chant going since they are in Anaheim, home of the Ducks....  I can be petty like that.  Thankfully, that reaction were not as loud, so whatever.

As for Atreyu, people were sorta excited for them, but during "The Time is Now," the lead singer decided to walk around the venue through the crowd and high-fiving and fist-bumping everyone in sight, including the people in the back and where the bar nearby was at.  From then on, everybody was jacked.  Some mosh pits, some crowdsurfing, a lot of middle fingers in the air, etc.  Great performance and I was glad to see them in a packaged tour since I probably wouldn't have gone to their own shows otherwise.

As for Nothing More, a solid performance as always from them.  They've upped the ante a bit in their lights production.  Their vocalist, Jonny Hawkins, brings a lot of energy and he's still shirtless and shoeless and sometimes stands on this interesting contraption that sometimes acts as a drum kit.  Setlist was all right.  Pretty much stuff I heard when I saw them in 2019 plus two new songs for an upcoming album.  Crowd was into them and still somewhat packed despite Asking Alexandria having to pull out at the last minute and even after the Atreyu set where some people left.  Great to see a band like them playing a bigger venue almost twice the size than where they played in 2019 in front of like 1,000 people and had three other support bands behind them.  I recommend them.

Now for the sad news, sadly, they only played 70 minutes.  I wished they played more and I think they got enough material to play 90 minutes.  I question how long they would have played if Asking Alexandria was still on the bill.  For today, it was Eva under Fire for 30 minutes,  Atreyu had 45 minutes, and Nothing More had 70 minutes.  As a result, the show ended at 10:00 PM.  No matter, with parking being free today surprisingly, $35.00 for the ticket and almost two hours of good music I was really invested in, it's worth it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 04:32:56 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #390 on: June 16, 2022, 05:41:28 AM »
Midnight Oil tonight!  Another check on my bucket list!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #391 on: June 16, 2022, 05:43:23 AM »
Midnight Oil tonight!  Another check on my bucket list!

Just gotta hit Queen and Taylor Swfit some day, and you'll have every box checked! :P

Have fun tonight!  :tup :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2022, 05:53:30 AM »
In 1982 my friends had an extra ticket to Queen. My parents wouldn't let me go.  A year later, at age 15 they loosened their reigns and I went to my 1st concert. I could have seen the original band.

It always haunts me. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #393 on: June 17, 2022, 07:21:48 AM »
Feb 8th - Neal Morse Band - Sony Theater, New York NY
Feb 26th - Tool - Prudential Center, Newark NJ
March 9th - Leprous - Sony Theater, New York NY
March 19th - Leprous - Come and Take It Live, Austin TX
March 21st - Dream Theater - ACL Live, Austin TX
April 15th - Transatlantic - Keswick Theater, Glenside PA
April 16th - Transatlantic - Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
April 27th  - Journey + Toto - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville TN
April 29th - Transatlantic - Morsefest 2022, Cross Plains TN
April 30th - Transatlantic - Morsefest 2022, Cross Plains TN
May 1st - Progject - Cruise to the Edge Pre Party, Cape Canaveral FL
May 2nd-7th - All the bands - Cruise to the Edge
June 11th - Bent Knee - Saint Vitus, Brooklyn NY
June 12th - Symphony X + Haken - Wellmont Theater, Montclair NJ
June 16th - Paul McCartney - Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ
Sept 16th - Porcupine Tree - Radio City Music Hall, New York NY
Sept 17th - Porcupine Tree - The Met, Philadelphia

I was able to add in a Bent Knee show last weekend at the last minute. I have to say, Paul McCartney last night was remarkable. The man cranked out a nearly 40 song set like he wasn't about to be turning 80. We also got a fun little bonus in that Bruce Springsteen came out and did Glory Days and I Wanna Be Your Man, and then again to trade guitar licks with the rest of the band during Carry That Weight.
Modify message
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:33:05 PM by axeman90210 »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #394 on: June 17, 2022, 12:35:38 PM »
2/20/2022 - Coheed and Cambria in Tucson
3/19/2022 - Punk in Drublic (NOFX, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, The Bouncing Souls, Lagwagon, Authority Zero, The Last Gang, The Venomous Pinks)
4/2/2022 - MxPx, Zebrahead, Bad Cop/Bad Cop
4/24/2022 - Ufest (Rise Against and Coheed and Cambria with Pennywise, Highly Suspect, Atreyu, DED, Plush, and Dropout Kings)
6/21/2022 - A Wilhelm Scream, Brendan Kelly, MakeWar, Skull Drug
7/29/2022 - Saturn 3
8/20/2022 - My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria in Oklahoma City
9/9/2022 - Authority Zero (20 year anniversary of A Passage in Time), The Venomous Pinks
12/4/2022 - Anti-Flag

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #395 on: June 18, 2022, 12:46:25 PM »
Well, time for my "get out of the usual mold" sort of show today.  Going to see 5 Seconds of Summer at FivePoint Amphitheater today.  Found a ticket for $30.00 on Tickpick for a bleacher center-view seat just right now.  Gives me an excuse to get out of the house and some of the band's stuff is ok as well.  So here we go.  First show of hopefully many, outdoors, at FivePoint Amphitheater this year.

5 Seconds of Summer - FivePoint Amphitheater - Irvine, CA.  June 18th, 2022.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #396 on: June 19, 2022, 12:28:38 AM »
So I had a good time seeing 5 Seconds of Summer in Irvine today.  This place looked sold out.  If you told me there was 12,000 people there, I believe it, which make me shocked that I was able to get a ticket with a center view for $30.00 on the day of 7 hours before the show began.  What's also more impressive about their drawing power was that they did two shows at Hollywood Palladium about 50 miles north a few days back, so overall, they've played in front of over 20k people in SoCal.  The house music was also solid as well.  The speakers had Smashing Pumpkins, Third Eye Blind, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, and One Ok Rock (Japanese band that did a song with 5 Seconds of Summer called Take What You Want which is oddly how I initially heard about 5 Seconds of Summer).  There was also some pretty funny videos of the band as well during the intermission period while they are changing up from opening band to them regarding stuff like 5Sauce and 5Sauce Yellow which is not ketchup and mustard, the funeral of all music fashion clichés, an interviewer that clearly does not know the band, and them sporting some sort of clam cologne while dressing up like pirates.

Even though these guys, in the past, was perceived to be a boy band, at least, all four guys are solid live musicians.  Mainly a four-piece band with some background effects here and there, but most of the stuff was live and had one main vocalist with two backing vocalists who occasionally sang lead.  Also, this was probably the loudest crowd I have ever experienced, ever.  This was mainly a female-centric crowd, but this crowd was reacting to everything.  Every little guitar solo, every intro, every time the bass player sang lead.  I was in the last rows of the bleacher sections and I never felt the floor where I was standing vibrate so much, due to everyone dancing, when I come to Fivepoint Amphitheater.  These guys has a nice solid banter with the crowd throughout the night, in between songs. 

They played around an hour 45 minutes, 25+ songs, I think and I may have looked out of place in this crowd, but there was a lot of stuff musically that entertained me and kept my attention so that's a big plus.  I left before the encore to beat congestion, but it was still such a walk to the parking lot that I was able to hear the last two songs of the set and I thought this image looked nice enough for me to take when they were playing a ballad to the start the encore.

So 5 Seconds of Summer is a band I recommend.  If anyone here has a lady friend that also likes them and wants to go see one of their shows, I suggest you try to tag along somehow.

Edit: On a side note, I've looked at their age and even though these guys have been around for 11 years, they are only in mid-20s.....  Fudge....., this shows how much of my life I've wasted.

Edit x 2:  On another note, don't know what the next concert will be for me.  It may be Mana at the Forum, next weekend, but after tackling the "seeing a band with a huge female demographic," don't know if I had the energy to do it again.  Plus, gas is too expensive and I got to be a little more picky when it comes to driving to either LA or Inglewood or Irvine.  If no Mana, I may see Lindsey Stirling at the OC County Fair in July.  Been three years since the last time I've been to the OC County Fair (which included also seeing Lindsey Stirling and the Altimate tour with Live/Bush/Our Lady Peace).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 12:52:31 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #397 on: June 19, 2022, 09:20:52 PM »
In 1982 my friends had an extra ticket to Queen. My parents wouldn't let me go.  A year later, at age 15 they loosened their reigns and I went to my 1st concert. I could have seen the original band.

It always haunts me.
For me it was Maiden, Saxon, and Fastway. Piece of Mind and Power and Glory tours. A few months later I went to my first show. What a heart breaker.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #398 on: June 19, 2022, 10:17:54 PM »

It always haunts me.
For me it was Maiden, Saxon, and Fastway. Piece of Mind and Power and Glory tours. A few months later I went to my first show. What a heart breaker.

Mine was The Who '82 Farewell tour...mom said no...and I thought that was it for seeing them. Of course I was too young to realize how loosely that term was used...in '89 I saw them on the Tommy 25th anniversary tour, 2nd row. Seen them 4 times since, and Pete once solo.

Farewell tour my ass.

I think the only artist I could realistically see is Senri, but even her it'll probably be a struggle since she doesn't come to the states much. I've been very blessed to see all the others I wanted, getting the biggest check off when I saw Gabriel a few years back.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2022, 05:19:29 AM »
Man the absolutely ridiculous lineup and number of days at Hellfest and the care of collecting bands to specific stages is pretty damn cool. That's one of the coolest Metal Festivals I know of I think.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: June 23, 2022, 08:13:58 AM »
Yeah, that festival is fucking nuts.  I don't know how they manage to make this happen.  Tons of full well produced sets are on youtube from last weekend and I already know Epica confirmed their set will be streamed for this weekend. Id imagine we see a bunch more awesome live videos from Hellfest.  Looks awesome, my favorite set so far would be Alestorm.  That looked like so much fun. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #401 on: June 23, 2022, 08:54:33 AM »
I wonder how much of this something the bands themselves look forward to?  You know, in the sense of... "hey let's go play and hang out for the weekend; oh, and I get to hang with Rudolf from Scorpions" or "Oh, I get to ask Zakk Wyklde how he does all those pinch harmonics!?"

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #402 on: June 23, 2022, 08:59:20 AM »
^^ Not really all that much I imagine.  If bands are playing at one festival, for the most part, this June, they are playing in another festival somewhere in Europe as well on the same day.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: June 23, 2022, 09:30:04 AM »
Well it's a mix of both.  A lot of bands are on the move so they are in and out, but I've seen plenty of pictures on socials of different band members meeting up and taking pics together.  I've also been to Warped Tour and Less Than Jake specifically said during their set that they were happy to go on early so they could spend the rest of the day hanging out with their friends and check out sets from bands they like.  It's a mix of both really likely dependent on the timing of their schedules.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #404 on: June 23, 2022, 09:39:32 AM »
Seems it'd be easier to list who isn't playing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #405 on: June 23, 2022, 09:40:54 AM »
Well it's a mix of both.  A lot of bands are on the move so they are in and out, but I've seen plenty of pictures on socials of different band members meeting up and taking pics together.  I've also been to Warped Tour and Less Than Jake specifically said during their set that they were happy to go on early so they could spend the rest of the day hanging out with their friends and check out sets from bands they like.  It's a mix of both really likely dependent on the timing of their schedules.

A friend of mine played on the first day at the Warzone stage, and while he spent the whole day hanging out before his set, he told me that as soon as his set was done he was on the move because of another show the next day. So yeah, A mix of both depending on schedule.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #406 on: June 23, 2022, 11:18:58 AM »
Yea it's probably a mix. Saw a picture of Dexter (The Offspring) and Greg (Bad Religion) hanging backstage. The Offspring played the first day but BR ain't playing until tomorrow so I guess Greg is atleast hanging backstage a couple of days.
NVM wrong festival.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #407 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:25 AM »
Yeah, that festival is fucking nuts.  I don't know how they manage to make this happen.  Tons of full well produced sets are on youtube from last weekend and I already know Epica confirmed their set will be streamed for this weekend. Id imagine we see a bunch more awesome live videos from Hellfest.  Looks awesome, my favorite set so far would be Alestorm.  That looked like so much fun.

I watched the Alestorm set and it looked the crowd were having a hell of a good time at that Pirate Party.  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2022, 12:14:04 PM »
I'm watching the live stream of Zeal & Ardor now and they are very fascinating. The best way I can describe them is a mix of Southern-Soul and Black Metal, like if The Dead South went Black Metal. They blend both styles pretty good and it comes out sounding awesome in the live setting. I would definitely go see them if I had a chance.

Also, while looking at the chat, someone asked about if they recorded the full Opeth show and they replied saying they couldn't record the full show. Which sucks, but of what they recorded, it sounded good.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2022, 02:18:40 PM »
Zeal & Ardor are great.  They would be a trip to see live.

Last night, the wife and I saw an a capella group called Home Free.  They kind of lean country, but do some pop and rock stuff too.  Incredibly talented, and their bass singer, Tim Foust, is not human.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2022, 02:32:00 PM »
I skipped Zeal & Ardor last fall when they toured opening for Mastadon/Opeth.  I checked them out before the show and wasn't into what I sampled so instead enjoyed some beers with Axeman

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2022, 06:51:00 AM »
Just saw that Buckethead is playing again!

August 29th & 30th in NYC  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2022, 08:38:31 AM »
Big day in Philly tomorrow for The Stadium Tour! Very excited for this one although I have basically no expectation from Motley Crue, but I'm sure the other 3 bands will be good.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2022, 09:32:13 AM »
Going to see Rammstein on Sunday and can't fucking wait! It's my first time seeing them and only like me third gig since COVID. I'm also kid free for 24 hours so will be getting nice and lubed for this show!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2022, 02:39:30 AM »
Going to see Rammstein on Sunday and can't fucking wait! It's my first time seeing them and only like me third gig since COVID. I'm also kid free for 24 hours so will be getting nice and lubed for this show!
I see them in a month time, really excited. Never seen them and also been waiting two years for it.

Saw Jinjers performance from Hellfest, they blew the roof off!
https://youtu.be/DQ8f3PiUzdQ

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: June 27, 2022, 02:40:12 PM »
Last weekend was back to back concerts.  I had totally forgot about the local Tears for Fears with Garbage show at my local amphitheatre, but my gf was up to going last minute so I scooped up some under value seats for a great view.  I thought Garbage sounded a bit too much like they were playing to a backing track, like it just didn't sound live to me, but the singer, Shirley, was really great.  She had a lot to say between songs, but most of it was real interactive type of talk.  You could see her making eye contact with people and even gave a girl her necklace.  I felt like their sound being too perfect was easy to overlook when you could sense and feel how real Shirley was.  Funny enough, they will be right back at the same venue in a month opening for Alannis Morrisette.  Kind of a weird scheduling, but it has to do with that Alannis show being cancelled due to weather last year and them making it a point to come back this summer.  I do wonder if Garbage will do the exact same set though, I hope not. 

Tears for Fears really surprised me.  I only knew a few of the hit songs, so I definitely didn't know most of the songs that night, but I enjoyed it a lot.  They sounded so good.  Both lead singers plus the backing vocalist all were great to my ears.  The keyboardist was spot on too which is a pretty big part of their sound.  They did a happy birthday for Curt which was really well sung by the other singer.  Considering who I saw on Saturday, Tears for Fears really aged well  :lol  (I'll write about The Stadium Tour tomorrow or something, work is almost over)

Tears for Fears & Garbage LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 6/24/22

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #416 on: June 27, 2022, 02:51:45 PM »
I bought that pig at Pink Floyd's yard sale!   :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline faizoff

« Reply #417 on: June 27, 2022, 02:52:29 PM »
That sounds awesome, I was debating on going to a Tears for Fears concert as I've read they've amazing live. I too know just a few of their songs and I'm sure I'd have enjoyed them. Will see if are in my area.

Edit: Shit, they played at a venue just 20 mins from me and this was just a few days before the Coldplay concert. Oh well maybe next time.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #418 on: June 27, 2022, 03:28:55 PM »
I bought that pig at Pink Floyd's yard sale!   :lol

:rollin :rollin

I thought the very same thing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: June 30, 2022, 02:28:58 PM »
Forgot to come back to this....

The Stadium Tour last weekend was so much fun! Glad I held onto my ticket for 3 years too because the event was almost sold out and the tickets left were wayyyy more than I would have wanted to spend so while my seat was up in the rafters, it actually felt like I got a good value.  For $120 (after fees) I got to a 6 hour concert featuring 4 of the classic 80s rock era.  The event was at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia where the Phillies play.  It was only the 3rd time I saw a concert in a stadium and the first time at a baseball stadium.  I was happy to see none of the lighting rights were blocking my view (something I did worry about). 

Show actually started before the stated 4:30 time on the ticket.  At 4pm Classless Act started the show to basically no one in their seats, including myself.  I got in shortley after the started but spent the first 20 or so minutes just walking around the stadium to check out the place.  So I can't really say much about them, but they do go on early if anyone plans on trying to see them.

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts went on around 4:40pm to really get the show started as people started to make their way to their seats.  The venue was still mostly empty for her set, but by the time the riff played for I Love Rock n Roll, you started seeing the masses head to their seats.  I've never seen her before so I am very happy to have now seen her, but I honestly wasn't too into her set.  I don't think any of the songs besides the 3 hits to end the set really made me want to go listen to her music.  I certainly respect her though and glad she was on the bill.

Next up at 6pm was Poison.  I'm not that big of a Poison fan, but I've seen them twice before this time and I thought they were fun live.  They literally played the same songs as those two previous times but this was definitely the best show of theirs.  I think it's just mostly because by the time they hit the stage, the stadium was mostly filled up and ready to rock.  The crowd really responded to their music and I think their set was not only my favorite of theirs, but my favorite of the day.  I even texted my gf right after they ended saying I had a tear in my eye from that performance of Nothin But a Good Time.  The energy in that stadium was just on another level for that song, the rafters were shaking. 

7:30pm was Def Leppard.  They are rotating who headlines every other show and this is how my show went down.  While they are my favorite band on the tour, their set was not the greatest IMO.  The problem is, I don't love the new album.  I respect them playing 4 songs from it, but I think they should have kept it to the 3 singles and spread them more out.  While I love the intro track, it just didn't get people wild.  Their set was quiet compared to Poison.  At one point in my video during Excitable, you can see Joe Elliott point to people sitting saying "stand up" (literally, it's in the lyrics of the song) and when they don't he just shrugs.  During the acoustic part of their set I had to just get up and go get some food and water.  By the time I got back to my seat they were getting to more of the "hits" and the crowd was waking up.  It was also starting to sunset so the scenery was very nice.  I think the band still sounded pretty good though.  Not my favorite Def Leppard show, but still pretty good overall.  I do wonder if they were the headliner how it would have changed my feelings.  Who knows. 

Picture is the sunsetting over Philly during Def Leppard's set:

At 9:30pm Motley Crue hit the stage. Surprisingly no pyro or fireworks, but they had a group of female dancers for most of the set including them singing some backing vocals.  I see a lot of people state that the women are to distract from the band but honestly, if I have my eyes on the girls I can still hear the band  :lol I might have had really low expectations but they didn't sound as bad as I expected.  Vince certainly is a bad singer these days but I'm not quite sure he's as bad as Axl Rose though.  It's a tough one, but at least Vince also plays guitar and seemed to be moving around a bit on stage.  Other than Tommy Lee being replaced after 3 or so songs, the band seemed really into it.  I thought they weren't good live, but not bad enough to not go see them. I had never seen them before so I'm very happy to have gotten the opportunity. Near the end of the set smoke just shot out from around home plate and it made seeing the band very difficult.  I'd say that was pretty annoying though.  Give me pyro, not smokey vision!

Motely Crue Def Leppard Poison Joan Jett The Stadium Tour Philadelphia