Author Topic: Concerts for 2022  (Read 37784 times)

Offline cfmoran13

Re: Concerts for 2022
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2022, 04:04:17 PM »
A few more tours were recently announced so my updated concert calendar:

June 11th - Sammy Hagar’s The Circle & George Thorogood @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 21st - Alanis Morisette @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 22nd - Third Eye Blind & Taking Back Sunday @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 28th - Halestorm & The Pretty Reckless @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 31st - Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, & Static X @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 6th - Incubus & Sublime with Rome @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 18th - Imagine Dragons & Macklemore @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 27th - Kid Rock & Foreigner @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 14th - Five Finger Death Punch, Megadeth & The Hu @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Please tell me you got the Season Pass for the Arts Center!  To be going to that many shows there and to NOT have gotten it seems criminal.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2022, 06:07:15 PM »
A few more tours were recently announced so my updated concert calendar:

June 11th - Sammy Hagar’s The Circle & George Thorogood @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 21st - Alanis Morisette @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 22nd - Third Eye Blind & Taking Back Sunday @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 28th - Halestorm & The Pretty Reckless @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
July 31st - Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, & Static X @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 6th - Incubus & Sublime with Rome @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 18th - Imagine Dragons & Macklemore @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 27th - Kid Rock & Foreigner @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 14th - Five Finger Death Punch, Megadeth & The Hu @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Please tell me you got the Season Pass for the Arts Center!  To be going to that many shows there and to NOT have gotten it seems criminal.

nope, not a fan of the lawn there and I'm not sure I will go to all these.  Only one I have tickets for is Imagine Dragons which is mostly sold out now. The rest I'll buy day of and probably cost less than a lawn ticket for an actual seat.  I know you can get seat upgrages on top of the lawn pass per show, but those seats are harder to get to choose and often times suck (if it's a well sold show where you can't just sit somewhere else).  It's obviously a better deal, but I am picky at this venue.  (I could totally see myself getting lawn for Alanis Morrisette though).  I actually did buy the lawn pass for the 2020 season lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2022, 07:22:21 AM »
Progject tonight! :metal
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2022, 11:33:00 PM »
Progject tonight! :metal

Give me your thoughts on show. I'm going next weekend.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2022, 11:36:48 PM »
Transatlantic absolutely KILLED IT tonight at the Keswick Theater. Takes top spot for best show of year!

Not one bad show yet this year:
6. Neal Morse Band
5. Dream Theater
4. Ghost / Volbeat
3. Slash w Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators
2. Judas Priest / Queensryche
1. Transatlantic

***NEXT UP: The Darkness (Friday) & Progject (Saturday)

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #250 on: April 16, 2022, 08:39:53 AM »
My post-corona (though it turned out to be more of a last quarter of corona breather break) concert life began in earnest in November '21 when I got to see Nightwish and Sonata Arctica, but it's really happening now! Saw Ensiferum + Dark Tranquillity two weeks ago and in two weeks I'm seeing Triosphere + Conception.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2022, 01:08:58 PM »
Transatlantic absolutely KILLED IT tonight at the Keswick Theater. Takes top spot for best show of year!

Great to hear.  I'll be seeing them tonight in NJ.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2022, 09:54:16 PM »
Just got home from Biffy Clyro at the House Of Blues Chicago. What a show. 21 songs and they were on fire. Not sold out but a good size crowd.

Got Transatlantic, The Warning and John 5 over the next 3 weeks. Might be it for me for the year. Have some financial changes coming and not sure concerts will be in the budget for a while.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2022, 09:23:19 AM »
***NEXT UP: The Darkness (Friday) & Progject (Saturday)

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to The Darkness in Asbury Park as well.

Last wednesday I went into NYC after work for a pop rock concert.  It was a postponed show from earlier in the year because of snow.  But what worked out well for this, it went from being a regular show during the first leg of the tour before their new album was released to the first show of the second leg of the tour which meant we got 3 new songs performed for the first time.  So the band I wanted to see was Set It Off.  The first opener, No Love for the Middle Child.... sucked IMO.  It was a 3 piece band, but the singer only occassionally played guitar and the 3rd guy was manning the macbook.  Soo yeah, basically a completely fake live act.  Which apparently was a theme for this show and maybe it's just quite the norm for pop rock type bands.  The second band, Oxymorrons, were actually pretty good.  Clearly performing to a backing track as well, but the guitarist actually showed some talent.  It was basically rap over rock music.  Apparently they did a song with Fever 333 (who I saw last summer open for Slipknot) and both bands are kind of similar in style. The hometown crowd was really into them too.  Wouldn't be surprised if that was their biggest show to date and they had a bunch of cameras recording so I'm sure something from that show will be used in some way.

The headliners, Set it Off, finally came on.  The crowd was very into them which made it so much fun.  Also, played to a backing track and I'm not entirely sure the one guitarists guitar was even on.  The backing guitarist looked to be played all of the parts.  The singer was definitely legit although similar to JLB, he had some backing tracks help him out for some of the more difficult lines.  He would sing low, the backing track was him singing live.  You could clearly hear it in person and in my videos when it happens, but he seemed legit though mostly because he wasn't perfect.  But good enough for me, and super energetic which I really like from a front man.  I don't think anyone here would really care for their music though but click the link if you are curious.  I will see them again in a few weeks opening for Sum 41 and Simple plan.  In the end, this was still a really fun show.

Set It Off & Oxymorrons LIVE @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY 4/13/2022

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2022, 12:44:50 PM »
Still need a show for April.  Only thing that interests me is Alice Cooper at the Greek Theater with Ace Frehley opening this Sunday.  Just waiting for tickets to drop at a price that gets me out of the house.

Also, somewhere down the line I do want to see Paul McCartney at SoFi Stadium in May and Elton John at Dodger Stadium in November.  Both are really hella expensive which is understandable since they are at that age where, "Well, these may be the last shows that they will ever do in the LA area."  I'll see if prices can drop just a little bit below three digits at a good seat to go.  Plus, I can knock out two more venues that I have yet to go to a concert to in the LA area.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2022, 01:14:51 PM »
Just realized the local Deftones/Gojira concert is sold out and resale is at $250 a ticket  :censored what makes me even more mad, I had a ticket to this (it's been postponed twice) but on the 2nd postponement I asked for a refund because it was just too far away and I figured the tour may never happen so best to get my money back and I'll buy back in if and when it happens.  Well, that strat back fired on me.  I'll keep my eye out for last minute tickets and whatnot, but I may not be going to that one now.

Similarily (same venue) the Sum 41, Simple Plan, and Set it Off show is also now sold out so I coughed up a bit extra to grab tickets for my gf and I today.  Not happy about paying over face value, but it's a saturday the two of us were planning to spend together so I'd rather just secure the tickets before they get too expensive (it wasn't sold out yesterday for example).

I also took off work the friday and monday of this weekend coming up soon:

May 6th - Scorpions & Chirkutt @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
May 7th - Sum 41, Simple Plan & Set it Off @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
May 8th - Nightwish & Beast in Black @ Terminal 5, New York City NY

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
Deftones/Gojira is playing at the Greek Theater today and the resale prices are at $200+.  I can't understand why the resale prices are so high for them.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2022, 02:06:07 PM »
Deftones/Gojira is playing at the Greek Theater today and the resale prices are at $200+.  I can't understand why.

I know Gojira is pretty hot right now, but I'm not sure they are THAT hot.  Or maybe I'm missing something about the Deftones who I feel haven't been very relevant for awhile now.  I've seen Gojira a few times before, as much as I'd like to see them again, I know I will and I know it will be for a more affordable price.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2022, 02:13:37 PM »
I feel like the prices is more about Deftones than it is about Gojira.  I know that they have their fanbase, but I didn't know how much people were really that into them to justify the resale prices being so high.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2022, 02:35:58 PM »
I went to the Archspire show with Entheos, Inferi, and Vulvodynia at The Launchpad (a great intimate venue). It was a great tech-death metal show.

I missed Vulvodynia, but got there for the last 4 songs of Inferis' set. The place was packed and there was no where to stand except by the merch and no way I was gonna make my way through that mosh pit. I went upstairs and did not have much luck there either, but I could peek through the barrier from the top bar-like seating, and see the band a bit. Apparently, some guy was crowdsurfing and as there is no barrier to the stage (you could literally set your beer on the stage) the crowd tossed him onto the stage, and he stage dived into the crowd, I could hear it, but could not see it.

Entheos came on and I stood a bit closer to the left wall, a bit high in the bass end, but at least I could see the band. Since the floor isn't that big, the entire floor becomes a gigantic mosh pit, and ends up in some odd of oval shaped circle pit. So I was enjoying the show while also being aware of the people flying out towards me. The crowd was energetic for their set, and the band loved it. They were great as well, and brought it. For the last song, the singer lost her step and fell back, the drummer laughed, she got up and laughed as well. They had some awesome moments to headbang, mosh, and all around was a very fun, energetic, band.

Archspire came on and I think the crowd was tired. I laughed because there was an open space left where no one wanted to stand to make way for a mosh-pit and no one did anything. The band told them to start, and they did for that one song then stopped. I was just laughing, but the band was still great. Singer told a lame ass coyote joke, and it was one of those stupid but funny moments. It was pretty funny too, he began talking about some wanking on tour and proceeded to ask the audience if they wanted to hear more wanking stuff or a song, everyone screamed "wanking", He just laughed and said, "While I appreciate your enthusiasm, here's a song."

Overall, I had fun at this show, the crowd was energetic enough and the bands were awesome as well live. One thing though is that ARchispires drummer had a drum that was tuned extremely high and you could easily distinguish that sound and it wasn't as pleasant as it could've been. I think it was mixed a bit too high and could've been mixed lower to better blend in the with the sound.

Next up is John 5 and The Creatures on Tuesday the 26th, then Deftones/Gojira on the 28th.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »
Deftones/Gojira is playing at the Greek Theater today and the resale prices are at $200+.  I can't understand why the resale prices are so high for them.

Resale says it all. If it's sold out and they were a Grammy nod people think there is a demand for tickets and they'll get their price.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2022, 05:33:45 PM »

Resale says it all. If it's sold out and they were a Grammy nod people think there is a demand for tickets and they'll get their price.

Both bands were defeated by Dream Theater for this year's Grammy and DT couldn't fill a 1k capacity NJ theater a month ago which is about 20 minutes away from where this concert will be soon which is 3k capacity.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2022, 09:39:09 AM »
Oooo, I got a notification from Ticketmaster that says that Halestorm is coming to Costa Mesa in September with The Struts opening at the Pacific Amphitheater.  That's definitely an option.  Too bad that it's after the OC County Fair is over.  If it took place during the fair, the ticket would have included free admission.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »
With Dragonforce tonight, thought I'd update the list...
1/16- Tool, Chase Center
2/6-   Dream Theater, Fox Theater
3/13- Allegaeon, DNA Lounge
4/23 Dragonforce, UC Theater
4/29- Amorphis, UC Theater
5/29- Haken, Regency Ballroom
6/30- Allegaeon, The X Bar in Santa Clara
9/9- Aristocrats, Great American Music Hall
9/11- Nine Inch Nails, Greek Theater in Berkeley
9/21- Sabaton, Epica, Fox Theater
9/28- Porcupine Tree, The Masonic
10/7- Nemophila and a shit ton of other bands at Aftershock Festival

Scratched Transatlantic, the cheap seats were sold out, picked up another Allegaeon show cause they're fucking sick live. Still waiting for the supposedly upcoming Nemophila headline tour per their FB page.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2022, 06:46:30 PM »
Scratched Transatlantic, the cheap seats were sold out, picked up another Allegaeon show cause they're fucking sick live. Still waiting for the supposedly upcoming Nemophila headline tour per their FB page.
Not sure if this is useful anywhere else, but many of the cheap seats at the NJ show were empty.  Depending how close your are to the venue, maybe try day-of sales.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2022, 07:54:50 PM »
Not sure if this is useful anywhere else, but many of the cheap seats at the NJ show were empty.  Depending how close your are to the venue, maybe try day-of sales.

The cheap seats are GA, so I don't think they'll be opening more, but I may check anyways

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2022, 09:27:39 PM »
I may still contemplate seeing Alice Cooper tomorrow.  Looks like the best price so far is at around $50.00 on the Ticketmaster resale list, surprisingly, out of the various resale sites.  Don't know if I should wait until tomorrow morning/afternoon or pull the trigger now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:32:50 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2022, 04:41:40 PM »
So yeah there aren’t any good seats below $50 that I like so I bought the one on Ticketmaster.  Currently eating some conveyer belt sushi before going to the Greek Theater for Alice Cooper with Ace Frehley opening.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2022, 08:09:07 AM »
Updated:
2/20/2022 - Coheed and Cambria in Tucson
3/19/2022 - Punk in Drublic (NOFX, Me First & The Gimme Gimmes, The Bouncing Souls, Lagwagon, Authority Zero, The Last Gang, The Venomous Pinks)
4/2/2022 - MxPx, Zebrahead, Bad Cop/Bad Cop
4/24/2022 - Ufest (Rise Against and Coheed and Cambria with Pennywise, Highly Suspect, Atreyu, DED, Plush, and Dropout Kings)

Ufest last night was fun! Had seats 15 rows up from the pit and it was half sold. I could see EVERYTHING! I know how it feels to be a tall person lol It was also nice to go to a festival in 80F and not fry. I dunno why bands and festivals dont do AZ more in the winter and spring.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
That seems like a solid festival!

Saw The Darkness last weekend.  First time seeing a concert in a bowling alley so that was interesting.  Cool venue, shit crowd, but awesome performance.  The singer kept trying to get the crowd into it to the point he yelled at one guy who filming too much in the front and he yelled at another guy for putting his drink down on the stage.  He also tried to sell merch during the set  :lol I thought he was pretty great if I'm being honest, some of the banter to get the crowd into the show was a bit much but he even apologized to the guy he told to stop filming and said to start filming again.  I think there was a genuineness to his banter and not just an angry guy on the stage.  But back to the performance, I think the band was pretty good.  I had never seen them before, but was happy to see he could still hit all those high notes.  I kind of expected a poorer vocal performance.  He wasn't perfect, but sooo much better than I expected.  Add in his guitar playing and dancing, and I'd say this guy is a top notch rock front man. 

The Darkness LIVE @ Asbury Lanes, Asbury Park NJ 4/22/2022

Pretty sure I'm going to go the thrash show this weekend with Testament, Exodus, and Death Angel.  It wasn't on my list (neither was the Darkness) but I dont think I have any other plans so might as well go to the local metal show.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2022, 05:03:59 PM »
I had a fun time watching Alice Cooper yesterday.  I say out of the classic rock bands shows I've seen, this is clearly my favorite one.

Ace Frehley was the opener and I'm not familiar with him, but he sounded pretty darn slurred in his voice at times.  I don't think he gave a bad performance and he had decent banter.  I think people expected him to play some solo songs and some KISS songs and that's what they got here and people enjoyed it.

Alice Cooper was visually awesome as one would expect.  His vocals and demeanor was very on point.  His backup band was awesome and each of them had some time to shine in solo spots in various parts of the show.  The props were awesome as expected.  There was a giant baby, a giant Frankenstein, and of course, the guillotine and giant balloons that people in front get to play with like a beach ball during School's Out.  Crowd singalongs were very pronounced.  Overall, a great show and I was glad to go at the last minute.  I just wished that tickets would have dropped below $50.00 for the seat I was in, but it was just not happening the day of.

Now the bad news, the parking.  I had the option online to either park at a dirt lot at an area and take a 10 minute shuttle to the Greek Theater for $10.00 or pay $30.00 to be much closer to the venue or risk being trapped at the lot as it is stacked parking.  The pass for the $10.00 parking was still there on Saturday, but was sold out day of the show, so I had to pay $30.00.  Thankfully, I think I parked in a good spot where I was able to get out easily, but I'm sure the car behind me wasn't as fortunate until I had to get out first (which I did as quickly as possible after the show was over).  Need to be better at that for shows at the Greek Theater as I still got tickets to see Goo Goo Dolls that I bought on Groupon two years ago, which is still valid.  Also, I may be interested to see Porcupine Tree at the same place if various things fall into place (i.e. ticket prices). 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:45:24 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2022, 07:26:11 PM »
Adding Rivers of Nihil (enjoyed the track sent in a roulette so fuck it, it's only 30 bucks) and re-adding Band Maid, even though that one might cost a bit...

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
4/29- Amorphis, UC Theater CANCELLED    :(
5/27- Rivers of Nihil, Cornerstone
10/10- Band Maid- August Hall
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:09:18 PM by lonestar »

Offline Melphina

« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2022, 05:42:52 PM »
Beast in Black soon, can't wait.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2022, 05:46:40 PM »
Beast in Black soon, can't wait.

I'm jelly, I want to see their headline show badly.  I will settle for their opening slot for Nightwish in 10 days though

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2022, 05:13:39 AM »
I went to a Portico Quartet concert last night and it was great. I am totally fascinated by their drummer and his capacity to play complex drum parts while also manipulating a sound console and playing track pads. They really managed to create an immersive experience.

Regarding future concerts, I might catch The Neal morse Band in May and I will try to go to a Sigur Ros show as well as a Snarky Puppy one that will happen around October.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #275 on: April 29, 2022, 06:00:31 AM »
Ok... And the scales balance... On the heels of Amorphis canceling, I wake up to news of Nemophila making their US debut at the fucking Whiskey. Looks like I'm heading to LA...

Might have to drop that allegaeon show, not sure if my D ass is up tech death metal-6 hour drive-Insane J-metal with minimal sleep...

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
7/1- Nemophila, Whiskey A Go Go

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #276 on: April 29, 2022, 07:37:29 AM »
Adding Rivers of Nihil (enjoyed the track sent in a roulette so fuck it, it's only 30 bucks) and re-adding Band Maid, even though that one might cost a bit...

Nice!, I did not know they were playing so will try and catch the show next Friday.

Saw Riverside on Wednesday, great show, even though I had to leave a little early.

Pineapple Thief - May 5 is next. Might catch Slipknot on Memorial Day weekend in Canada.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2022, 01:16:09 PM »
Deftones and Gojira were amazing last night.

I have never heard VOWWS before this show, they're like Depeche Mode but a bit more industrial. They weren't bad, but definitely did not fit the vibe of that show. I laughed at how they played their last song and just left without saying a word. People were all, "Okay, I guess they're done." The crew set up the curtain and they were picking up their gear, so that was the cue they were done.

I had pit tickets so I went from the lawn to the pit during the last few songs of VOWWS, they are group that needs that bass, which you can't feel at all from the lawn. I had a great spot and did not want to lose it, so I had to suck up going to the bathroom until the end of Gojira's set. The best part was I also was behind short people like me, so for once, I could actually see the entire stage and the band. Mario dedicated Amazonia to all the Indigenous people around the world, and they rocked the roof off of that place. We have The Gathering of Nations going on as well and I saw quite a few other Natives that likely went since they were there for Gatherings as well.

Deftones was awesome as well, not really into their music, but Live is very different and they were all on top form. Chino was great on his vocals as well. I really enjoyed their light set-up. For their encore, I couldn't hold it anymore and had to use the bathroom, so after, I went and watched the rest of the set on the lawn. I wanted to also see how the show looked from there. It was neat how it made a big circle of lights that went from the pit to the lawn, and at one point, the lights rotated in a clockwise direction which was neat seeing it circle from the pit to the lawn and back.

Overall, it was a great experience and a great energetic show. You could feel that vibe that everyone was ready to have a great time and rock out. Although it was funny seeing two chicks get in a fight and escorted out by security, and also this one shirtless older guy who I saw pass by me in a drunken stupor a couple of times and wondered if he was just going in circles throughout the pit. I also found it hilarious that for Deftones, I got by the mosh pit and it was mainly older guys that looked like they were in their 50's in the pit, I didn't see one person that looked younger than 30 in there.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 01:22:29 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2022, 09:01:29 PM »
Ok... And the scales balance... On the heels of Amorphis canceling, I wake up to news of Nemophila making their US debut at the fucking Whiskey. Looks like I'm heading to LA...

Might have to drop that allegaeon show, not sure if my D ass is up tech death metal-6 hour drive-Insane J-metal with minimal sleep...

1/16- Tool, Chase Center
7/1- Nemophila, Whisky A Go Go

Tickets and room secured...definitely making a road trip to LA for Nemophila at the Whisky!!!! I grabbed an extra ticket because at $15 why the fuck not. If it goes unclaimed by my local friends I'll probably just toss it to the wind here for anyone local to the LA area.

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #279 on: May 04, 2022, 03:00:22 AM »
Unlike some of you lucky people, I only have two upcoming shows to see.  :(

7th June - Steve Vai
15th June - Queen + Adam Lambert

By the way, I know some of you guys would kill me for saying this, but I skipped Dream Theater earlier in April when they came to London. I just didn't like that setlist nor the new album very much.  :|
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:55:44 AM by Azyiu »
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020