Author Topic: Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - Now On Digital! SPOILERS WITHIN!  (Read 3497 times)

Offline The Letter M

Here is the first teaser for the (first) sequel to the 2018 animated film!

https://youtu.be/hnBzcLQUhYQ

And yes, one of the writers confirmed on Twitter that this is part one of two and that they've been working on both simultaneously.

https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/status/1467298168928817152?t=L0uv72luECGNzJum5nPlgA&s=19

It's true, Spider-Man: Across The #SpiderVerse is Part One of two films. Me, @philiplord @shinypinkbottle @Powerkeni @JDS_247 and an incredible crew are working on both films simultaneously! https://t.co/8JGwx8YZDV

And here is a Twitter thread from EW and their interview with writers Lord & Miller:
https://twitter.com/EW/status/1467294663526678536?t=iGpab5NUtNDmIrZoKtQCiQ&s=19

-Marc.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 06:05:26 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 06:53:40 PM »
The first trailer for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) teases a stunning animated sequel

The sequel to Into the Spider-Verse will actually be two movies, not one

Check the trailer here:

https://youtu.be/BbXJ3_AQE_o

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »
Oh my fucking God.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 09:53:20 PM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:34:00 PM by ThatOneGuy2112 »

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 12:33:29 AM »
Yeah. Can't wait for this. Looks amazing.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
Looking forward to this!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

Fun Fact!
In the Spider-Man Across the Spiderverse first look teaser, as Miles tumbles through Mumbattan, they put in the Hindi word for "thwip"

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
The trailer got me stoked enough to give the original another go. Goddamn this film is perfect. No mistakes. None.

Offline The Letter M

The trailer got me stoked enough to give the original another go. Goddamn this film is perfect. No mistakes. None.

Honestly it's one of the most flawless movies I've seen in recent years, an absolute masterpiece. The fact that we are getting two more has me super stoked!

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Been thinking I need to do this too.

Also, maybe a mod can merge the two threads, since they were both started virtually simultaneously.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I actually showed the first one to my girlfriend just a day or two before this was released. Good timing! She loved it and I remembered how amazing it is. Super pumped for the next two.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Also, maybe a mod can merge the two threads, since they were both started virtually simultaneously.
Maybe a mod can.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

Maybe a mod can.

:tup

Been thinking I need to do this too.

Except mine was first.  ;)

I actually showed the first one to my girlfriend just a day or two before this was released. Good timing! She loved it and I remembered how amazing it is. Super pumped for the next two.

Nice! I've been meaning to re-watch it sometime soon and I just might. I'm already planning to re-watch the Raimi Trilogy this weekend, and the Webb films next Tuesday, as well as Far From Home just before seeing No Way Home on Thursday afternoon. Might as well throw in Spider-Verse the following weekend as well. And since Venom 2 is coming to home video soon, I'll probably re-watch the first one and the 2nd one when I get the BD in that I pre-ordered from Target. It'll be Sony-Spider Month for me!

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

Not sure if anyone else had heard, but the 2nd Spider-Verse film has moved from October 2022 to June 2023. The third film has also been retitled Spider-Man: Beyond The Spider-Verse, set to release in March 2024.

New footage was shown at Cinema-Con a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully a new trailer won't be too far along, even if the film doesn't come out for over a year.

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline The Letter M

Re: Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse - June 2nd, 2023 - 1st Teaser Out!!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2022, 04:07:57 PM »
new trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2YujUsX2A

Very neat to see the PS4/PS5 versions of Peter and Miles tossed in there. I wonder how many of those dozens of Spider-People will have significant moments/speaking lines, or if most of them will be relegated to blink-and-you'll-miss'em character cameos that Easter Egg Breakdown YouTubers will have to frame-by-frame them out of the crowd just to give us information about who each one is.

I did also spot Spinneret, a Spider-Girl version of Mary Jane Watson. Plenty of others thrown in there too but I didn't get a good enough look yet to pick more out.

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Didn't realize we're so close... Looking more forward to this than any MCU flick....

https://youtu.be/Hy_5Z_wGfbI

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't realize we're so close... Looking more forward to this than any MCU flick....

https://youtu.be/Hy_5Z_wGfbI

That's a badass trailer  :hefdaddy

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Looks incredible. Like you say, lonestar - more interested in this any other upcoming Marvel series or movie.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online Adami

Looks great! Pumped to see it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
That's a really cool trailer!

Offline The Letter M

There is an international version of the trailer that opens with quotes and teases of the three live-action Spider-Men in the beginning.

https://youtu.be/IG4Gjx66Eos

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

Caught the 2:00pm showing earlier today and was not disappointed in the least. I knew it would be good but the film blew away all my expectations and might possibly be my favorite film of 2023.

Without any specific Spoilers, I will say that this film gave me huge Empire Strikes Back and Back To The Future 2 vibes, and might stand as one of the greatest 2nd film sequels in a trilogy. I really want to go see it again next week!!

-Marc.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I heard good things from some critics I trust.  Looking forward to this one.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Yeah, all trusted sources can't speak enough praises. Can't wait, just 12 hours away...

Online Adami

I actually forgot this came out. Been a crazy month or two.

Will definitely see it, just not sure when.  :-[
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

I actually forgot this came out. Been a crazy month or two.

Will definitely see it, just not sure when.  :-[

Honestly, I almost forgot it was coming out too. I only ordered my ticket to see it just a few days ago when an ad reminded me it was coming out this weekend!

June is pretty packed with big, blockbuster film releases, which is why I started my 3-month subscription to Regal Unlimited back in April. I've only used it a handful of times since then, but it'll be worth it with the number of films I'm going to see this month!

-Marc.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Just got back from the theater. Went with two of my sons, one of which saw the film last night and HAD to see it again. Anyway, I've mentioned before that I'm a fairly mid-tier super hero movie goer. I enjoy them but certainly not into them as much as a lot of folks. I really enjoyed the first Spider Verse and I will say that this one ups the bar even more. Really liked the movie, the animation style is incredible.....the way they use it to portray emotion and to accentuate the scenes. It's really well done. Good story and you really get into these characters. Glad I went with them to see it.....enjoyed it immensely.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Wow.... Just wow...

That might end up being my all time favorite Marvel film. Saw it in standard, will definitely watch it again in IMAX, it's such an intense and quickly paced film it's quite difficult to take it all in on one sitting, but in the best of ways. Pretty sure my mouth was agape throughout the whole film.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 01:38:57 AM by lonestar »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
jingle.son and I watched the 1st again last night.  Won't be able to catch the sequel until Thursday at the earliest.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
jingle.son and I watched the 1st again last night.  Won't be able to catch the sequel until Thursday at the earliest.

Damn.. That's a long wait man.. Pretty sure I'll have seen it again by then. At least you can enjoy the Spiderverse theme to our group chat in the meantime

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Damn.. That's a long wait man.. Pretty sure I'll have seen it again by then. At least you can enjoy the Spiderverse theme to our group chat in the meantime

Yeah, that theme is pretty bitchin.  I'm going to a conference tomorrow morning, not back until Wednesday night.  Gotta spend most of today re-assembling our main floor, as phase 1 of our renos is complete in that space.  Just finishing getting the TV mounted in the living room atm.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Spoiler time?

Offline The Letter M

Spoiler time?

Spoiler-Man, Spoiler-Man, does whatever a Spoiler can.

Okay, last line of defense before spoilers...

No, really...

This is it!!!

OH MY GOD DONALD GLOVER PROWLER IN LIVE ACTION BLEW MY FREAKING MIND!!! I figured there might be callbacks to Tobey, Andrew, and Tom (though we didn't see Tom), but DONALD GLOVER'S AARON DAVIS coming back from Spider-Man: Homecoming was a cameo I did NOT see coming. Blending the live action with animation worked so well, and I found it especially funny when Spot visited Mrs. Chen at her store from the Venom-side of the Sony Marvel Universe.

Also, I loved the Lego Spider-Man Universe, and the fact that J.K. Simmons was the voice of *every* JJJ in the film, and now he's a Nexus Being in my mind. Some variants look different (Peters, Miles, Gwens, Mary Janes, etc), but some look the same, and for me, every JJJ is now Simmons in my mind.

-Marc.