Author Topic: John Wick 4: Baba Yaga - SPOILERS  (Read 5346 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: John Wick 4: Baba Yaga - trailer inside.
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2023, 07:22:51 AM »
According to the WSJ, The puppy-loving hitman played by Keanu Reeves says just 380 words in John Wick: Chapter 4, despite the film’s nearly three-hour run time. Reeves himself hacked the dialogue down, the film’s director said, and 27% of the 103 lines spoken by Wick in the final cut are a single word. If reports that the actor was paid $15 million to reprise the role are accurate, that’s $39,473 per word. :biggrin:

"Yeah..."

To be fair to Keanu, he's put a lot of work into that role physically...and the dude has a good reputation with everyone he works with.

The videos of his fighting and gun training that are online are a fun watch. I get it.....he really has nothing else to do, I mean....that's his 'job'. But he really dedicated himself to look as 'real' as you possibly can while performing that role so kudos to him.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2023, 08:50:15 AM »
He always sounds like he's in pain whenever he's talking in these movies. Like he's struggling to get words out.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2023, 09:00:09 PM »
Saw it, over the top awesomeness  :tup

The last hour or so it's simply amazing
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2023, 12:39:46 PM »
I checked out John Wick 4 and it was totally sick! The action scenes were insane, and Keanu Reeves was totally badass as always. I don't want to spoil anything, but there were some unexpected twists and turns that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: John Wick 4: Baba Yaga - SPOILERS
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2023, 04:14:15 PM »
The stunts and special effects for the Dragon's Breath rounds were jaw dropping. How did they even do that?  :o
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2023, 04:15:26 PM »
I actually watched part 1 again last night for the first time in years. Oh my god, I forgot how much I love this movie. It almost felt like a different series then 2,3 and 4.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2023, 11:23:47 PM »
Finally watched part 4 after rewatching the first 3. Easily my least favorite of the 4. The last hour was great but the plot was non-existent. For a 3 hour movie they could have done a better job of explaining and showing John going after the table. Also, did this really need to be 3 hours?

If I had to rank all 4: 1,3,2,4

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2023, 05:39:07 AM »
Its my least favorite too. Its like the just gave up on making a good movie  :P

That being said I will forever love part one and thoroughly enjoy 2

3 it starts to collapse under the weight of its own universe building, but I enjoy it. But I'll never accept a blind person being an expert marksman. The thing with the door bells was clever to hear people, but that got thrown out almost immediately.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2023, 06:22:49 PM »
This looks like it could be fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3FzXBkCUAg
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2023, 04:23:16 PM »
Late to the party - I've finally saw it!

As others have said, it's completely bonkers. Fun, but absurdingly over the top. I think the best way to approach these movies is to imagine they're videogames. You're watching someone very good play the John Wick character and he's so good at it that he manages to kill all the enemies.

I agree with the comments above about franchise fatigue; the first movie was simple and brilliant - retired hitman gets his dog killed and wants revenge. And the second one was ok I guess, he has to honor a previous promise and it ends on a great note - "tell them Winston, whoever comes... I'll kill them. I'll kill them all". That's the premise of the third movie then and there, John Wick vs. Everyone! but then they went deep into the world building instead and the more they explained that world, the more they exposed how absurd and unrealistic it is.

The last hour in Paris was waaaaaay over the top. I mean, where is even the police? shootout around the Arch of Triumph? nobody at Montmartre (even if it's dawn) or at the Trocadero? and John falling out of a three stories building and onto a van and walking off easily, that's why I said it's best to imagine these movies are just videogames played by a pro that manages to get to the end  :lol but it was not really worth 3 hours, I watched it over the course of two days actually.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2023, 03:26:13 PM »
Love all 4 films, but The Continental spinoff show was weak.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2023, 11:26:25 AM »

Didn't know the spinoff was out already, where is that streaming ?

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2023, 12:04:59 PM »

Didn't know the spinoff was out already, where is that streaming ?

Amazon Prime Video for us in Latin America :tup

(haven't seen it yet, though)
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."