Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 6/FINALE (December 22nd)  (Read 11488 times)

Offline HOF

Re: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 5 OUT NOW (December 15th)
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2021, 08:22:06 AM »
But anyway, the whole dusting thing. What’s all that about? I understand Thanos did something to make some people disappear like that, but then some of them came back?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2021, 08:47:36 AM »
But anyway, the whole dusting thing. What’s all that about? I understand Thanos did something to make some people disappear like that, but then some of them came back?

Watch the movies and find out, ya weirdo.

Offline HOF

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2021, 09:00:30 AM »

Watch the movies and find out, ya weirdo.

I think I’ll just try Wikipedia and save myself a couple hours!

Heh, looking it up now and totally forgot Civil War was a Captain America movie.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2021, 09:12:12 AM »
It's more of that superhero stuff you don't like:  Thanos assembled the six infinity stones into the Infinity Gauntlet, which gave him near-limitless power, and used them to kill half of the universe's population with a snap of his fingers.  The affected persons basically turned to dust.

Through a complicated series of events involving time travel (among other things), after a period of 5 years the heroes were able to fashion their own version of the Gauntlet and use it to bring back everyone who was dusted by Thanos.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »
I was never blown away by the spectacle of the MCU movies.  Ridiculous computer-generated battles between computer-generated good guys and computer-generated bad guys, with countless computer-generated explosions and destruction.  Bleah.  That's probably the least interesting part of the movies to me.  Believe it or not, I was drawn to the characterizations.  The "human" side of often super-human or even non-human characters.  Their personalities and relationships.  Within the given framework of a universe where such people exist, I liked the stories, even when they were so convoluted that I couldn't follow them.  They were fun.

Offline HOF

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2021, 09:28:37 AM »
It's more of that superhero stuff you don't like:  Thanos assembled the six infinity stones into the Infinity Gauntlet, which gave him near-limitless power, and used them to kill half of the universe's population with a snap of his fingers.  The affected persons basically turned to dust.

Through a complicated series of events involving time travel (among other things), after a period of 5 years the heroes were able to fashion their own version of the Gauntlet and use it to bring back everyone who was dusted by Thanos.

That clears it all up. Thanks!

Offline HOF

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2021, 09:42:10 AM »
I was never blown away by the spectacle of the MCU movies.  Ridiculous computer-generated battles between computer-generated good guys and computer-generated bad guys, with countless computer-generated explosions and destruction.  Bleah.  That's probably the least interesting part of the movies to me.  Believe it or not, I was drawn to the characterizations.  The "human" side of often super-human or even non-human characters.  Their personalities and relationships.  Within the given framework of a universe where such people exist, I liked the stories, even when they were so convoluted that I couldn't follow them.  They were fun.

I feel similarly. The human element and character development are the more interesting part of these movies/shows, and putting them on the smaller screen has helped focus in on those elements with less reliance on CGI battles and over the top action scenes.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2021, 09:51:34 AM »

I feel similarly. The human element and character development are the more interesting part of these movies/shows, and putting them on the smaller screen has helped focus in on those elements with less reliance on CGI battles and over the top action scenes.

And that is exactly why everyone is so shocked by your dislike of Civil War. Because that contains one of the more heart wrenching and human stories in the entire MCU.

Captain’s best friend killed Iron Man’s mom while brainwashed by the Russian government…that puts Cap in a real quandary.

If your best friend did something unforgivable to another close friend, but you knew he wasn’t really responsible for his actions…where does that leave you? There’s a good moral dilemma story going on.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline HOF

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2021, 10:05:25 AM »

And that is exactly why everyone is so shocked by your dislike of Civil War. Because that contains one of the more heart wrenching and human stories in the entire MCU.

Captain’s best friend killed Iron Man’s mom while brainwashed by the Russian government…that puts Cap in a real quandary.

If your best friend did something unforgivable to another close friend, but you knew he wasn’t really responsible for his actions…where does that leave you? There’s a good moral dilemma story going on.

It seems like since they all deal in these extraordinary circumstances all the time that Cap could have explained to Stark what happened and it would have all been understandable. But I suppose that’s the bigger social commentary of why we have conflicts and wars and stuff. People aren’t good at just talking things out.

I guess I just thought the internal squabble was kind of forced and silly, but it was made worse by it all being a set up to get 37 action heroes onto the screen at the same time in one big mega battle.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2021, 10:19:47 AM »
This is why most love the MCU movies - the combination of the storytelling, the characters, and bringing these battles to life.  Things that (at least for me) I'd only seen on the pages of comics now coming to life.  Priceless.

I just don't know how one can't be moved by the fight between Thanos and The Big 3.  There was so much in that 4 minute sequence that still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2021, 10:22:19 AM »
Oh, and if Thor's arc (starting in Ragnarok) in IW and through Endgame doesn't have an emotional impact on you (royal), then you're dead inside already.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2021, 10:42:49 AM »
HOF, in principle, I agree. But let’s face it. “By the way, my best friend killed your mom.“ Is not the easiest thing to just “talk out”.  That’s a gross oversimplification of the gravity of the situation.

IRL, it’s not so easy to just bulldoze a conversation about something so volatile.

Offline HOF

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2021, 11:06:43 AM »
HOF, in principle, I agree. But let’s face it. “By the way, my best friend killed your mom.“ Is not the easiest thing to just “talk out”.  That’s a gross oversimplification of the gravity of the situation.

IRL, it’s not so easy to just bulldoze a conversation about something so volatile.

Oh, I know it would be tough, but I think it would also be tough to come to blows with your good friend over it too, at least if you had an understanding that Hydra exists and can make people do bad things against their will. Especially when there are bigger things going on in the world. I dunno, it just kind of made everyone seem a little petty.

Offline HOF

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »
So another plot question I have. Wikipedia mentioned that Hawkeye went vigilante in the 5 years before the dusting was un-done. Is that when he did the Ronin thing? I was under the impression maybe he was Ronin before he was Hawkeye. Maybe he was and he went back to being Ronin in those 5 years? Or do we not know for sure?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2021, 11:17:26 AM »
So another plot question I have. Wikipedia mentioned that Hawkeye went vigilante in the 5 years before the dusting was un-done. Is that when he did the Ronin thing? I was under the impression maybe he was Ronin before he was Hawkeye. Maybe he was and he went back to being Ronin in those 5 years? Or do we not know for sure?
He was Ronin during that 5 year span.

"Ronin" means a samurai without a master.  He was pretty alone during that time, so the name is apt.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline HOF

« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2021, 12:36:42 PM »
He was Ronin during that 5 year span.

"Ronin" means a samurai without a master.  He was pretty alone during that time, so the name is apt.

Ah, that makes the show make a little more sense!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2021, 01:09:23 PM »
Which you'd have known if you'd seen IW/Endgame!!!   :D :P

Offline jammindude

« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2021, 01:19:04 PM »

Seriously. Almost any of the other 23 movies can stand on their own for the most part. But if there is ANY movies in the MCU where the plot is absolutely essential to everything else that’s happening it’s Infinity War and Endgame. Pretty much nothing that’s happening right now makes sense without those two. They are “must see’s”.

Offline HOF

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2021, 01:37:29 PM »

Seriously. Almost any of the other 23 movies can stand on their own for the most part. But if there is ANY movies in the MCU where the plot is absolutely essential to everything else that’s happening it’s Infinity War and Endgame. Pretty much nothing that’s happening right now makes sense without those two. They are “must see’s”.

I bet WandaVision would have made a lot more sense too!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2021, 01:47:41 PM »

I couldn't imagine trying to understand that without it.  Same thing with FAWS.  I mean, the whole premise hinged around the blip and unblip.

Offline HOF

« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2021, 01:54:25 PM »

I couldn't imagine trying to understand that without it.  Same thing with FAWS.  I mean, the whole premise hinged around the blip and unblip.

We started the Falcon series but it didn’t hold my interest. WandaVision was great fun in part because I had no idea what was happening or why.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »
I just wanted to add that by most peoples standards (including the critics) Infinty War and Endgame are the two best movies in the entire MCU.

They are definitely worth seeing.

Offline HOF

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2021, 02:02:02 PM »
I just wanted to add that by most peoples standards (including the critics) Infinty War and Endgame are the two best movies in the entire MCU.

Now that we can just watch them on Disney+, maybe I’ll give them a try.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2021, 02:41:15 PM »

Please do so now...come back in 7 hours and report your findings. :p

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »

:lol

Please do so now...come back in 7 hours and report your findings. :p

Online The Letter M

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2021, 04:01:02 PM »
So, how about Hawkeye, right? The Finale is tomorrow, and looking at the previews for the finale, I'm SUPER excited to see Fisk again and I hope he gets at least a few lines of dialogue if he doesn't at least see some action.

I also think Yelena and Clint will hash things out and she'll end up helping him and Kate in their finale battle against the Tracksuits and Echo, who will probably turn and run once she confronts Kazi and/or Kingpin, and setting up her spin-off series (which will hopefully come next year so we don't have to wait too long to see her again).

After tomorrow, we will not get any more MCU content until May at the latest, unless they announce the release dates for Moon Knight and/or She-Hulk and if they're coming out before DSITMOM.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2021, 05:09:28 PM »

After tomorrow, we will not get any more MCU content until May at the latest, unless they announce the release dates for Moon Knight and/or She-Hulk and if they're coming out before DSITMOM.

-Marc.

I think we were severely spoiled by how much we got this year.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2021, 05:23:45 PM »

-Marc.

I think we were severely spoiled by how much we got this year.

Considering all of the 2020 stuff got pushed into 2021, yeah, we got pretty spoiled - five Disney+ shows and four films, nine projects total, with no more than a 6-week break between any new content:
January 15th - March 5th (WandaVision)
March 19th - April 23rd (TFATWS)
June 9th - July 14th (Loki)
July 9th (Black Widow)
August 11th - October 6th (What If...?)
September 3rd (Shang-Chi)
November 5th (Eternals)
November 24th - December 22nd (Hawkeye)
December 17th (Spider-Man: No Way Home)

...with the 6-week break between TFATWS and Black Widow, though if BW had come out in May before it got pushed up again, then the longest gap between new content would've only been a month or so.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 6/FINALE (December 22nd)
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2021, 05:51:19 AM »
Well, that was a fun finale. I gotta say, I kinda like the low stakes MCU stories. I'm glad they still have it in them to make stories that don't have worldwide or galactic consequences if the hero fails.

I'm genuinely surprised that Clint appears to still have a future in the MCU. I thought for sure this would be his swan song. Lots of loose ends still to be tied up. No announcement of a Hawkeye season 2 though. I also thought for sure after the post credits scene that it'd say "Rogers the Musical coming to Broadway Summer 2022".  :lol

Online The Letter M

« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2021, 08:46:27 AM »
I was kind of hoping for a proper credits scene but getting the full Rogers The Musical song was a nice treat, since many fans were asking to see the whole performance (especially since they bothered to write/rehearse/record/film the song and stage performance, might as well show it off).

That was a really fun finale, and I'm really glad that Yelena and Clint were able to talk things out, but now I wonder where we will see Yelena next! Maybe Val will have an assignment for her in the future. I'll be a little upset if this is the last we see of Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin, but seeing him in this episode was quite the treat! I was not expecting to see him as much as we did, to be honest!

I'm also kind of glad that the Swordsman didn't turn out to be a bad guy and will apparently have a future in the MCU if they decide to bring him back. He was an Avenger in the early comics run, complete with bright purple suit, so maybe he joins the LARPers and gets a proper Swordsman outfit from Missy! That would be something else!

Honestly, this was a great wrap-up to the series, and it didn't end in a giant CGI fight, had some great action moments, fun comedic moments, and an over-all good vibe throughout. I'm happy to see Clint pass on the mantle to Kate, and if the Young Avengers are coming, it'll be amazing to see Kate again as Hawkeye!

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2021, 08:56:29 AM »
Solid finale, really tied up things nicely while giving plenty of room to grow. No way in hell can Kingpin be done, he's way to beloved a character, and nobody brings gravity to villainy like D'onofrio.

That post credit scene is just he greatest thing ever though.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2021, 03:01:09 PM »
Really enjoyed that. Super series. Have a question about Kingpin and how super-tough he was in that... I'm sure we'll see more of him in the MCU. He's just too good for them not to give him more to do.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2021, 03:21:18 PM »
Agreed. Really strong finale that kept the stakes low as they needed to be.

Also agree that if they really did kill of Fisk, then that's a pretty unforgiveable mistake. You don't bring back Vincent to do one episode and call it a day.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »
Considering the gunshot was off-screen and we don't see a body, let alone hear a body thud onto the ground (as far as I can remember), so I think he will return at some point.

-Marc.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2021, 05:25:18 PM »
Anyway, I know people love them because of the spectacle of it, but all of that is just a bit too much for me.

No, people love them because they are really, REALLY good movies.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."