Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 6/FINALE (December 22nd)  (Read 11783 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 5 OUT NOW (December 15th)
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »
Um...this IS the spoiler thread, you know.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2021, 05:50:42 AM »
I had a feeling that Kate's mom was dirty from the word go. Something just never sat right with her for me so I'm glad I called that one.

Kudos to them for keeping D'Onofrio as Fisk.

There would have been an all out revolt if they didn't. That's his role in perpetuity now.

Well that and the Edgar-suit

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
Um...this IS the spoiler thread, you know.
You're right.

Andrew Garfield was in the episode.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2021, 09:58:11 AM »
One thing I haven't seen discussed much (and, yeah, I know we're only a day out from the episode airing) is the implication that Kazi is implicated in, and may have even had direct involvement with, the hit that resulted in William Lopez's death.  Although initially played as just another tracksuit goon, although a couple of levels above the rank-and-file minions, it looks like he is more significant.  And Maya is on to him.  That is going to have consequences. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »
One thing I haven't seen discussed much (and, yeah, I know we're only a day out from the episode airing) is the implication that Kazi is implicated in, and may have even had direct involvement with, the hit that resulted in William Lopez's death.  Although initially played as just another tracksuit goon, although a couple of levels above the rank-and-file minions, it looks like he is more significant.  And Maya is on to him.  That is going to have consequences.

I think he, along with Kingpin, will be Echo's primary antagonists in her own series. I think once she discovers the truth about her father's death, she'll turn around, maybe not exactly a hero but definitely not a villain.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »
Yep.  I believe he will be found to be complicit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2021, 10:52:08 AM »
So it looks like episode 6 is going to be packed.  Here are all the things I can think of that were teased as likely to have to play out or be resolved in episode 6 (although some could just be teasers for other series or seasons beyond this one):
-Actual appearance of and confrontation with Kingpin (likely to happen, but not be resolved)
-Confrontation between Maya and Kazi (likely to happen; not sure if will be resolved [most likely with Kazi's death])
-Costumes for Clint and Kate (for sure going to happen)
-Kate officially becomes a superhero (for sure going to happen)
-Confrontation between Yelena and Clint (for sure going to happen; not sure how or whether it will be resolved)
-Confrontation between Kate and her mom (pretty sure going to happen; not sure how or whether it will be resolved; could just be seeds planted for later stuff)
-Reveal of whether Jack is an actual criminal and involved in any of the other stuff going on (not sure; I could see this dangling on indefinitely)
-Setup for other movies and D+ shows (for sure--the only question is:  to what extent?)
-Reveal of the significance of the watch (highly likely; but is it something with implications outside of this series?)
-Reveal that Eleanor Bishop is possibly someone of even greater significance (hinted at, but not sure)
-Reveal of Laura Barton's bigger role/past (wouldn't be surprised if this gets left for later)

One of the things I love most about this series so far is the whimsical ways they have established a lot of solid connective tissue to LOTS of parts of the MCU.  This last episode did a TON of heavy lifting in that area, and even made the Black Widow film more relevant and made me like it more.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:03:09 PM by bosk1 »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
That "arrest" of Jack felt super fake and staged. I assume the Mom and Jack are actually in on stuff together. Why was literally everyone facing the entrance? That was weird.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2021, 04:44:25 PM »
Just saw finale will be 59 minutes long.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »
Just saw finale will be 59 minutes long.

So really, about 50 minutes long after you subtract the opening recap and the 7 minutes of credits. Glad to know it'll be the longest episode of the series though!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2021, 09:53:43 PM »
I had a feeling that Kate's mom was dirty from the word go. Something just never sat right with her for me so I'm glad I called that one.

Kudos to them for keeping D'Onofrio as Fisk.

There would have been an all out revolt if they didn't. That's his role in perpetuity now.

Well that and the Edgar-suit

Don’t forget that he’s also Thor (see: Adventures in Babysitting)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2021, 09:45:00 PM »
The dusting/undusting was really nicely done.  It perfectly conveyed the blip from a blipped person's point of view.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2021, 07:41:02 AM »
The dusting/undusting was really nicely done.  It perfectly conveyed the blip from a blipped person's point of view.
I thought that was a really great display. I didn't quite get what happened at first!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »
I didn't get it at first either, but then you saw that the room was different and within seconds there were other visual clues, and I thought "whoa, that was great!"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2021, 05:07:01 PM »
I didn't get it at first either, but then you saw that the room was different and within seconds there were other visual clues, and I thought "whoa, that was great!"

Yup, the subtlety of the moment was so perfect

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2021, 04:30:32 AM »
Just imagining that happening to 3.5B people, who have ZERO knowledge of wtf is going on.  Like the band that was playing in the gymnasium in Spider-Man.  From their perspective, they're just playing along, feel a little woozy, then a basketball boings off your head.  Imagine how many people in the world might have been in the middle of schtupping!  :heybaby:  then  :|
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2021, 07:14:37 AM »
If you're both dusted, then both come back, there might not be any interruption to the :heybaby:. A brief moment of disorientation, then carry on!

Of course, whoever's bedroom you're in now might be surprised.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2021, 01:31:50 PM »
If you're both dusted, then both come back, there might not be any interruption to the :heybaby:. A brief moment of disorientation, then carry on!

Of course, whoever's bedroom you're in now might be surprised.

Good point!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online HOF

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »
The whole dusting thing makes no sense to me as I never saw those last few Avengers movies.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2021, 10:56:15 PM »
The whole dusting thing makes no sense to me as I never saw those last few Avengers movies.

YOU’RE KILLING ME, SMALLS!!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2021, 07:00:08 AM »
In addition to all the awesome moments y'all have pointed out about episode 5, I'd like to give a nod to the highly entertaining moments of the conversation between the track suits while they're driving around, and the discussion between Elena and Kate about mac and cheese!  :heart :heart
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2021, 07:51:20 AM »
In addition to all the awesome moments y'all have pointed out about episode 5, I'd like to give a nod to the highly entertaining moments of the conversation between the track suits while they're driving around, and the discussion between Elena and Kate about mac and cheese!  :heart :heart

Yelena (with a Y) was definitely the episode highlight for me. Her banter is so loose and fun but you can tell she's an expert at smooth talking interrogation, buttering up Kate and then getting to the meat of it at the end. Yelena is probably the most threatening person in this series so far (no offense Echo), but we haven't seen if Kingpin will car-door his way onto the scene yet. Teasers for the finale indicate he will have a presence in this week's episode, so I'm excited to see how he'll be handled!

-Marc.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
WHY

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:07 AM »
WHY

Seriously...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »
WHY

Seriously...

I thought Tim was the only person on the planet that hadn't seen these movies.

Online HOF

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
WHY

Seriously...

I’ve never really enjoyed any of the Marvel movies. My wife likes them so I’ll go with her but I think we both hated Civil War so much that we never saw the others. I do enjoy some of the TV serieses though (Agents of SHIELD, Wandavision).

We watched the first Hawkeye, and then my wife wanted me to watch Black Widow with her (she had already seen it). Black Widow was just stupidly over the top compared to Hawkeye. I have enjoyed Hawkeye though.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2021, 12:47:07 PM »
we both hated Civil War so much that we never saw the others.
what

Online HOF

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »
what

Oh, it was awful in every way. The worst aspects of Marvel movies taken to the max.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2021, 01:42:42 PM »
what

Oh, it was awful in every way. The worst aspects of Marvel movies taken to the max.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Age of Ultron?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »
what

Or Justice League?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2021, 02:13:51 PM »
what

Or Justice League?

the original or the Snyder cut?

Online HOF

« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2021, 02:16:09 PM »
what

Or Justice League?

I mean, I didn’t like Age of Ultron either, but neither of us were interested in sitting through two and half hours of another Avengers movie after Civil War. She didn’t even ask me to go!

Thankfully, my wife has no interest in any non-Marvel super hero movies, so no chance I’m confusing it with Justice League. :-)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2021, 05:10:30 AM »

This just does not compute.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2021, 07:02:43 AM »

Yeah, I mean hey, opinions vary, but if you don't like Civil War, then this superhero stuff must not be for you.

Online HOF

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2021, 07:54:25 AM »

Yeah, I mean hey, opinions vary, but if you don't like Civil War, then this superhero stuff must not be for you.

No, it really isn’t for the most part (I prefer the Marvel shows that are focused on non-super heroes). But I think the issue for me with Civil War (and Age of Ultron) was the notion that putting ALL the heroes together would sum up to something better. I wasn’t a huge fan of the individual titles either, but they at least could take themselves a bit less seriously and be something more than just a spectacle. The Avengers movies were kind of like the We Are The World of movies. Just because all the stars are there doesn’t make for an interesting song/movie.

Anyway, I know people love them because of the spectacle of it, but all of that is just a bit too much for me.