Author Topic: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 6/FINALE (December 22nd)  (Read 11892 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 4 OUT NOW (December 8th)
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2021, 12:45:02 AM »
Watched the new episode earlier tonight after work and I really enjoyed it. The (un)expected cameo was really exciting, but the highlight for me were the scenes with Clint and Kate in her aunt's apartment. I also loved the use of Silvestri's Endgame score and Balfe's Black Widow score to have some musical callbacks to prior films. The MCU has had a rough time building a musical identity but now that some characters and films have motifs, it makes it more satisfying to hear them again whenever they pop up.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2021, 06:08:36 AM »
I believe the watch may belong to Mrs. Barton.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2021, 06:57:53 AM »
The thing I'm just baffled about... If Clint and Nat were such tight buds, wouldn't have she told him about the huge adventure taking down the red room, and her sister?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2021, 07:00:23 AM »
The thing I'm just baffled about... If Clint and Nat were such tight buds, wouldn't have she told him about the huge adventure taking down the red room, and her sister?

Well after Civil War, Clint was either in prison or house arrest and not to have contact with the Avengers, so they likely didn't talk much. Then, if I remember correctly, after Infinity War (which Clint didn't participate in) he went full Ronan, and they didn't really see each other until she tracked him down to save his family. Might not have come up at that point.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2021, 07:15:22 AM »
Also really enjoying this show. It's not about the world, the universe, the multiverse or anything like that. It's just a small story about two non-powered characters. They're playing to their strengths and really making this a character driven show.

I just hope they don't do the normal Marvel thing and try to go HUGE at the very end and end up making it a bit of a mess. There's two episodes left and a whole lot of stuff left to deal with. Hoping they can do it well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2021, 08:29:27 AM »
I just hope they don't do the normal Marvel thing and try to go HUGE at the very end and end up making it a bit of a mess.
Loki Variant shows up in a ship and says "Get in, losers, we're going multiverse-saving."
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2021, 09:07:22 AM »
I know Marvel overpowers/underpowers people all the time in differing circumstances, but Kate had no business being able to hold her own in that fight.  That's my only minor gripe.  But really fun episode in so many ways.  Really thought we were going to get a full-on Kingpin reveal, but I guess not. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »

Well after Civil War, Clint was either in prison or house arrest and not to have contact with the Avengers, so they likely didn't talk much. Then, if I remember correctly, after Infinity War (which Clint didn't participate in) he went full Ronan, and they didn't really see each other until she tracked him down to save his family. Might not have come up at that point.

True that. Though, I'd think upon breaking him out of prison, in the plane ride home, and when he says 'what you been up to?'...don't you think that'd come up?

I just hope they don't do the normal Marvel thing and try to go HUGE at the very end and end up making it a bit of a mess.
Loki Variant shows up in a ship and says "Get in, losers, we're going multiverse-saving."

I'd imagine Yelena will have a change of heart and jump to Clint's side to battle Maya and Fisk.

But multiverse saving with Loki sounds cool too.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
Well, Clint knew that that was a Widow trying to kill him. I assumed he knew who that was once her mask came off. Yelena has no idea what happened with Nat's death, just that Clint was there. She's operating off of Julia Louis-Dreyfus's order from the post-credit scene from Black Widow.

I agree, I think they will eventually talk it out and join up. I mean, Marvel has made it pretty clear that Yelena will assume the Black Widow role. Of course, I guess she could become a baddy, but I don't see that. Well, not really sure what JLD's game is since she is recruiting people.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2021, 09:36:27 AM »
I'm not really sure Clint knows who Yelena is.  Nat apparently had no contact with her since they were kids, up until the events of the Black Widow movie.  If she talked to Clint about her and he at least knew of her, I still think it's unlikely that he would have had reason to have seen her to be able to recognize her.  But I guess we'll eventually find out. 

I'm interested to see how the misunderstanding about Nat's death will play out.  It could be resolved almost instantaneously with just a conversation.  Or it could drag out for the rest of the season (and possibly STILL not be resolved).  I wonder how they'll play it.  I guess that largely depends on whether Feige, et al., feel there is a need for it as a plot device in one of the other future MCU projects.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2021, 09:42:44 AM »

Dammit, now I won't be happy if it ends any other way!

Also, I assume Maya will have a change of heart at some point? She's got her own show coming. I doubt they'd give a straight up villain their own show, especially one who hasn't had much screen time so far.

Also also, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Nat didn't mention that stuff. It'd been 6+ years already by the time they would've caught up, and it was hardly a lovely time.

And I doubt he recognized her at all. He just knew she was a widow, that's it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2021, 10:57:43 AM »
Good point about Maya.. She'll definitely go through some transition a la Loki. Maybe an a-hole, but not 100% a dick.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2021, 12:11:31 PM »

True that. Though, I'd think upon breaking him out of prison, in the plane ride home, and when he says 'what you been up to?'...don't you think that'd come up?

I'd imagine Yelena will have a change of heart and jump to Clint's side to battle Maya and Fisk.

But multiverse saving with Loki sounds cool too.

Plane ride home? From what I can gather, in the time after Civil War and before Cap and Nat break Falcon out of the Raft, I assumed that Clint and Scott negotiated to be with their families, which is why we don't see either with the trio at the start of Infinity War. By the looks of Ant-Man & The Wasp and the opening of Endgame, both Clint and Scott got their agreements to be at home and stayed out of the picture for awhile. Clint also probably didn't contact Nat considering she was a fugitive post-Civil War, and the feds would probably have monitored his communications, so contacting her after the airport battle would compromise her cover
AFAIK, is hasn't been explicitly shown in live media what happened to Nat after the airport battle but a prelude comic showed she escaped being captured and sent to the raft, so I assume the last time Nat and Clint saw each other was at that airport in 2016, and they didn't see each other or speak to each other again til 2023 when she found him on Tokyo, though she was obviously spending years of the Blip looking for him/Ronin (not to be confused with the Kree named Ronan) after realizing his family got dusted. Seven years is a long time not to see your best friend but Clint had a lot of demons and depression during the Blip, and then losing Nat so soon after reuniting with her has put him in a bad spot since Endgame.

The timeline for these events can be a BIT confusing. 😅

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »
Anyone else kind of really want a movie about Clint's time as Ronin? Don't think it'll ever happen, but two hours of Jeremy Renner fucking up various criminal enterprises would rule :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2021, 12:33:00 PM »
Anyone else kind of really want a movie about Clint's time as Ronin? Don't think it'll ever happen, but two hours of Jeremy Renner fucking up various criminal enterprises would rule :metal

Not me.  I feel more impact from seeing his and his family's reaction to it in Hawkeye than I think I would actually seeing it spelled out in a film.  Not every blank has to be filled in.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2021, 01:14:49 PM »
None for me.  I am not a fan of prequels of any kind.  Black Widow was entertaining, I suppose, but easily my least favorite MCU film, for precisely that reason.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »
Ahhh, I forgot about the whole home arrest and that Clint wasn't involved in the breakout. It makes much more sense now, thanks for correcting me... I'll take a demerit on my geek cred.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2021, 08:20:13 AM »
I've been a little underwhelmed . . . a LOT of Clint sitting around talking to Kate about nothing. Whatever.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2021, 10:47:38 AM »
I've been a little underwhelmed . . . a LOT of Clint sitting around talking to Kate about nothing. Whatever.

The show is meant to introduce Kate and finish Clint's story. He's tying up loose ends before he officially retires. Even if it's not necessarily his intention, he's training his replacement.

Hawkeye isn't the most interesting character, but I'm enjoying the show well enough. I haven't found it boring.

Online Adami

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »

They’re definitely not talking about nothing. They’re doing pretty good character work with them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »
That’s the one thing I feel like marvel has done better than any other movie franchise. Taking the time to slow down the story and develop the characters. The Eternals may have been the only mild slip in that department. Every other film has taken the time to sit the characters down and get to know about them, their motives, their feelings, their relationships…

It’s very similar to my feelings about Jaws. The scene that absolutely MADE that film for me was The scene where they are all sitting around and getting drunk on the boat. And ironically enough, that scene wasn’t supposed to be in the movie in the first place. It was added later when the shark didn’t work. But those are the types of scenes that separate normal action films from an actual story that I care about when the action starts.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
What I liked about all the D+ shows so far is that we are seeing a vulnerable side of those characters that we either have not seen before, or seen very little of it.

This show has been good so far. Some of the action seemed poorly choreographed, but that's just me nitpicking.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2021, 05:19:05 PM »
I'm enjoying it enough, but and I'm not sure if it's the writing or the actress -  Kate is really quite annoying at times. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2021, 09:14:34 AM »
What I liked about all the D+ shows so far is that we are seeing a vulnerable side of those characters that we either have not seen before, or seen very little of it.

This show has been good so far. Some of the action seemed poorly choreographed, but that's just me nitpicking.

That’s the difference we get from a 2.5 hr movie, and a 4-6 hr series.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2021, 08:44:13 AM »
You're not watching the same show I'm watching.

Online HOF

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2021, 10:16:14 PM »
I'm enjoying it enough, but and I'm not sure if it's the writing or the actress -  Kate is really quite annoying at times.

I *think* that’s sort of intentional. At least Hawkeye finds her annoying.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Marvel Studios' Hawkeye (Disney+) - Episode 5 OUT NOW (December 15th)
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2021, 02:01:11 AM »
Episode five is another stunner. A bit light on the action but some great character moments and scenes, from the cold open, to Kate and her mom bonding. And the "twist" at the end that we all saw coming but to FINALLY have it be confirmed is such a HUGE satisfaction for me. I cannot wait for the finale next week!!!

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
Fantastic episode, and yes, the payoff was huge. So... Eleanor hired yelena to kill Clint? Is that how it goes?

And I have no idea how they'll close this in one episode, there's definitely going tbe either season 2 or it'll continue in a spinoff

Online faizoff

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2021, 12:24:07 PM »
Fantastic episode, I don't mind if they continue to another season, I'm loving the characters and story so far. I think episode 1 was the only kinda downer of sorts. But other than that it's been excellent.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »
Wow. I just loved that episode. Possibly my favourite ep of any of the Marvel series so far. The pulling in of some huge wider threads was a perfect example of what they do so well.

Don't want to drop any spoilers but there was a short scene in a bathroom that I adored.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2021, 02:20:15 PM »
Wow. I just loved that episode. Possibly my favourite ep of any of the Marvel series so far. The pulling in of some huge wider threads was a perfect example of what they do so well.

Don't want to drop any spoilers but there was a short scene in a bathroom that I adored.

I assume you're talking about the opening scene? That was absolutely brilliant.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2021, 03:11:04 PM »
That's the one. I had to rewind and immediately rewatch.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »
I had a feeling that Kate's mom was dirty from the word go. Something just never sat right with her for me so I'm glad I called that one.

Kudos to them for keeping D'Onofrio as Fisk.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2021, 08:23:57 PM »
Wow. FANTASTIC episode.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2021, 09:15:29 PM »
I had a feeling that Kate's mom was dirty from the word go. Something just never sat right with her for me so I'm glad I called that one.

Kudos to them for keeping D'Onofrio as Fisk.

There would have been an all out revolt if they didn't. That's his role in perpetuity now.