Author Topic: My dad went through surgery AGAIN, today!  (Read 4016 times)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
My dad went through surgery AGAIN, today!
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:36:43 AM »
Hello guys,

Me and my family are moving from Lima, Peru to Medellin, Colombia. Our trip starts on December 27th. We'll arrive by 28th after midnight. But the travel doesn't ends there.

By January 18th, we'll be going back to Venezuela. WHAT!?!?! WHY!?!

Well, I need a new ID (I lost the one I had here) and my older son is in an age (9 years old) where the venezuelan government strictly ask for an ID. If we don't get the new IDs we can't ask for new passports as those are part of the requisits to apply for new passports and we need those to go back to Medellin, Colombia where we'll settle for a while, we had other plans once we have new passports, I'll share those when the time is right.

The other thing is that my wife and my younger son also need new passports (my wife has a valid ID currently, and the younger kid doesn't need one yet).

For how long are we going to stay in Venezuela you may ask? We don't know, it will all depend on how fast we can get new IDs and then new passports. It could be 15 days, a month, 6 months I don't really know.

My sister lives in Venezuela and she lost her ID two weeks ago and she hasn't been able to get a new one, as the goverment claim there's a lack of materials to produce new IDs.

Passports are a different story, because there is material to produce them but getting an appointment is a nightmare. And once you get an appointment and have the photo taken and the process is over, it oculd be a while for them to ship the passports from Caracas to my local office in my city. 

I just wanted to let you guys know about this. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts, the situation in the country is still VERY bad.

I will try to get this thread updated as often as possible.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:51:18 PM by MinistroRaven »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Leaving Perú soon!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:23 AM »
Sounds exciting! I wish you and your family safe travels!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 12:25:19 PM »
Safe travels man! When I got locked up in Serbia last year (also initially leaving for 38 days, then three months, then almost six), the passport renewal was a big headache. You're gonna feel 1000000% better once that's behind you. The uncertainty is a bummer but hey, what's life without a little risk. Take care out there and take care of your folks :heart

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 12:36:26 PM »
Safe travels man! Hope you get everything done as fast as possible.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »
I hope it works out for you and goes smoothly.  I can only imagine how difficult things are in Venezuela at the moment.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 08:55:10 AM »
Best of luck Jorge.  Thinking as many positive thoughts as possible.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 08:17:01 PM »
Thank you guys!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Leaving Perú on DEC 27th
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 04:30:22 PM »
One week for our departure. I am anxious, and terrified, I can only hope for the better and have our documents ASAP.

Thank you all for your thoughts/wishes/prayers.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 03:00:44 AM »
That sounds rough man, best wishes and safe travels for your family.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 08:50:46 AM »
We made it safely to Medellin, Colombia

We'll stay here until January 18th when we'll depart to Venezuela. I'll keep you guys posted.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool umbrellas, great way to keep in the shade.  Hopefully having a safe and fun trip!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Great news, Raven.   :tup
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Awesome! What a great looking family!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Quick update:

We are stuck in Medellin until January 25th, our flight to Venezuela was canceled by the airline and the rescheduled us for next Tuesday, today we were supposed to be arriving to my city, unfortunately that is not the case, but I want to remain positive and think that there must be a reason why we shouldn't have arrived yesterday to Venezuela.

I have already made the changes to our flight tickets from Caracas to Barquisimeto (my city). No one in our family except for my brother in law know that we are arriving, so it must be a total surprise for everyone. I have not posted pictures of our travel on my FB, just a few that are "normal" pictures, but none that indicate that we are in our way to Venezuela land LOL.

Last January 13th was my 44th birthday, and we went to a town called Guatapé it's a BEAUTIFUL town, with nice people, well, I think the nicest people in the world are from Colombia, they will welcome you warmly and their hospitality is par to none.

In Guatapé there's a HUGE rock called EL PEÑOL, read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Pe%C3%B1%C3%B3n_de_Guatap%C3%A9

El Peñol raise up 656 feet and to get to the top you must endure 649 steps into its staircase. When we finally reached the top I was dead LOL. We spent some time at the top and was in awe with its view of the entire place, that thing is REALLY beautiful. My family and specially my youngest son was having the time of his life.

After some time at the top we decided to go down, another 670+ steps on a different staircase to get down, this time I think it was harder becuase the rock filters water and the staircase was really wet, but after 25+ minutes we made it to the base. Then we went to eat some extraordinary local food called BANDEJA PAISA, and we tasted some local beer, man that was delicious.

We also rent a small boat to go to visit the houses of the "stars" that are built in the in the small islands, houses of Jaime Rodriguez and Ospina (colombian soccer players) Amparo Grisales (colombian actress) and the house of Pablo Escobar Gaviria (drug kingpin) here's a old video of his house https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKZZriJgGQ4

When the boat rode was finished it was already 4pm and we decided to get the bus back to Medellin and then we went to our rented apartment to shower, my wife had bought a cake some balloons and confetti and we sang the traditional Happy Birthday (to me). It was a great day, we great memories for the rest of my life.

Here are some pictures of that day, I hope you enjoy them:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Leaving Perú DEC 27th - (We're stuck in Medellin, MORE PICS INSIDE)
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 06:44:46 AM »
Those are some amazing shots.  And a belated happy birthday to you!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 07:40:26 AM »
Those are some amazing shots.  And a belated happy birthday to you!

Thank you jingle.boy

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 09:17:36 AM »
We just came back from our testing (COVID-19) we will have our results later today, I am praying the results are negative so we can continue our travel to Venezuela tomorrow morning.

All the best to you all!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 09:32:15 AM »
Good luck, Jorge.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 03:42:49 PM »
Thanks!

We all tested NEGATIVE on Covid,  :hefdaddy

Tomorrow we'll go tomorrow as (re)scheduled by the airline. Leaving Medellin to Panama by 5.05 am
And then from Panama to Caracas 9:01 am arriving by 12.21pm

Blessings to all!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 10:42:12 AM »
Made it safely to my city!
Family was caught off of guard with our arrival, we all are really happy to see each other once more. Mane tears and laughter! It’s been nice to be back.
I’ll post pics later!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 11:37:25 AM »
Made it safely to my city!
Family was caught off of guard with our arrival, we all are really happy to see each other once more. Mane tears and laughter! It’s been nice to be back.
I’ll post pics later!

GOOD NEWS! Happy for you and yours.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 06:35:55 PM »
I was once stuck in PDX during a winter storm and it stressed me out beyond belief. I am not equipped to handle travel issues. You sir are a much more resilient person that I!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 08:11:54 AM »
Glad you made it safely and can start settling in.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Leaving Perú DEC 27th - (We made it safely to Venezuela)
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2022, 12:35:15 PM »
Well, it's time for an update.

My kids are having a blast with their cousins, and uncles/aunts, and grandparents it was 4 years and 2 months without them. My biological dad needs a heart intervention, my mother is losing sight, and I am trying to spent more time with her, if we manage to leave Venezuela I want to have good memories with her, we never had a good relationship, but COVID, being away for so many years, and war all that made me think about making amends with her.

Have we left Venezuela, no! We're stuck! How? Well, read below:

I was able to get a new ID and my son did as well a couple weeks after. I started the process to get the passports appointment for the fours of us, I out all the info in, and when was the time to pay for it, the transaction didn't go through, tried a couple of times, no luck, went to my bank online to see if there was an issue, and all seemed normal.

As it was like 8 pm when I tried to do it, I said, well, maybe it's because is late, I'll try on office hours. I tried the next day, same thing, but now I am getting a message on the website that the bank didn't approved the transaction and to check with them, note that those attempts were the first for me to use the debit card in Venezuela.

I managed to call the bank and they informed me that the card is blocked and can't be used here. I asked if I could go to the border, search for an ATM and withdraw the money, as I could go there, grab the money exchange it for local currency, deposit in my venezuelan bank account and pay for the appointments, they said that I can do that, but once I am at the border I must call the bank again so they can unblock the card, now, I am 12 hours away in bus from the border, I made the arrangements for the travel, I went alone to the border as I didn't want to expose my wife and kids to the torment of more than 30 police/army checkpoints, those ended up being only 25 but still. It's crazy all the checkpoints on the road, and them (police/army) asking for money to let the buses continue the ride.

Made it to the border by 7 am, walked to the colombian side, took a taxi got a new sim card, called the bank asked them to unblock the debit card and SURPRISE, my debit card is now suspended, and the funds are frozen, why I asked the CS rep. she said that I need to go to Lima, Peru and they will take care, I explained that I left the country, my account has been in good standing, I have always used th debit card properly and never had a problem until I tried using it in Venezuela, I also told her what the other CS rep told me all I had to do to get the card unblocked was to call them as soon as I arrived to Colombia, she put me on hold, transferred my call, now the new CS rep asked me what was the problem I explained again everything I asked her if I could talk with her superior and she said she was the superior, then I asked her to unblock the debit card and my account and she said she can't do it and to resolve the issue I need to go to the bank personally, she said she will open a case and gave me the case number to follow up.

I went to one of the bank office, and talk to one of their reps face to face, took a sit, I waited for my turn and start explaining what's going on to the rep. at one point I mentioned Lima, and she stopped me and asked me if my account is from Lima to what I said yes, and she said, "I am sorry mr Pozo, we can't handle the inquiry as your bank account it is from a different country."

I left their office, and thought to myself, maybe if I call at a different hour, I will get the call picked by a different CS rep, and yes, I was right, I called by 1PM started to explaining the issue and was told: "I see there's a case # opened for this issue, as you have been told you need to come to one of the many offices in Peru to get your account unblock, there's nothing else we can do for now, have a good day and bye".

I called my wife explained what's going on and we just couldn't believe it. Next day I took a bus back to my city, and here I am, unable to get an appointment for our passports. I've been sending emails to pitch my services and get some clients, (if you guys need a website I am your man!) that we can build websites for them, and get payment through my paypal account, that way i could convert the money to local currency and get the appointments and pay for whatever other needs we have here.

The most difficult thing right now is relying on my family for our basic needs, and the constant blackouts, the electricity goes down every day 3 to 4 hours, and never on the same schedule.

Please, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Here's a picture of my family (except my 2 younger siblings and my step mother)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: Leaving Perú DEC 27th - (WE ARE STUCK IN VENEZUELA!)
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2022, 02:14:03 PM »
Just unbelievable. You are in a different country and they expect you to somehow get to Peru with all of your funds locked. Explain that logic to me! Sir, please travel to another country with no money or means to pay for the travel so we can have a chat that we could easily do over the phone or via Zoom. What a joke.

You have been through some stuff and it would be nice if you could catch a break. I don't know what else to say. Reading this just pissed me off.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2022, 07:48:25 PM »
Just unbelievable. You are in a different country and they expect you to somehow get to Peru with all of your funds locked. Explain that logic to me! Sir, please travel to another country with no money or means to pay for the travel so we can have a chat that we could easily do over the phone or via Zoom. What a joke.

You have been through some stuff and it would be nice if you could catch a break. I don't know what else to say. Reading this just pissed me off.

Yeah, makes no sense at all.

I tried calling again this morning and the rep said that the problem is that due to the US sanctions to the venezuelan govn't the bank is not allowed to let their cards be swipe in here. But if I am not mistaken Scotiabank is from Canada and no from the US unless Canada has adhered to the US sanctions against Maduro and company.

We're trying to stay positive, but is not easy.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
I am planning a trip back to Peru the first week of October, and the only reason going there is I need to retrieve the funds frozen on my bank account, it’s been imposible to deal with CS and the last thing they said is, you need to come in person and we will give you a check to be cashed out immediately if you want to.

It’s a bummer that I need to make this trip but it is what it is and given that I seriously need the money for my dad heart’s condition and to be able to get the frigging appointments for our passports I have no other remedy that to swallow the pill and go there.

Your thoughts and prayer are appreciated.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: My dad went unto surgery yesterday
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2022, 12:25:07 PM »
GOOD NEWS!!!
My dad went through surgery yesterday in the morning!
All was good, doctors say the procedure was easy, and now he is resting.
Thanks to all of you who were in contact with me, thanks to those that donated, thanks for your prayers.

UPDATE: My ex employer was able to give us a loan for the surgery, I am still planing to go to Peru to retrieve the frigging frozen funds. But the worst part is over, at least my dad surgery went well.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:00:29 PM by MinistroRaven »

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: My dad went through surgery yesterday
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »
Oh that's great news!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2022, 12:48:56 PM »
Must be a huge relief.  That's great.   :heart
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline faizoff

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2022, 01:16:21 PM »
Glad to hear it!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2022, 02:57:47 PM »
Wonderful news.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »
Good stuff mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2022, 04:01:54 PM »
Must be a huge relief.  That's great.   :heart

100%
My dad is an old man now, but doctor said if he takes care of the stuff he eats and takes the medicines he will be around for the extra innings LOL.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2022, 04:23:48 PM »
Great news for sure!  :tup :tup