Author Topic: Genshin Impact  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Genshin Impact
« on: November 18, 2021, 07:21:47 AM »
Anybody else here playing this? Typical RPG games, with the need to constantly farm and grind to upgrade characters and weapons, bore me after a while and I tap out. NOT THE CASE HERE.

This is an open world action RPG that has held my attention since it was released, over a year ago. I play it on android, but it's available on ios and pc as well. Free to play, but you can make in game purchases. It's one of the few I love enough to actually make purchases. Anyone else playing it?

A review video, for those not familiar:

https://youtu.be/JliVeSsajO0

This review is old and there is a TON more content available than there was at the time and I disagree about the story line. It's awesome. There's no actual "end game". They're still constantly releasing new content.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 07:47:19 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Re: Genshin Impact
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 09:27:27 AM »
Hey Coz!  No, I haven't checked it out yet, but it is available for PS5.  I might even be able to get a free download from the PS Store.  I'll definitely look into it.  Thanks!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 09:52:52 AM »
Awesome, enjoy!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 12:30:49 PM »
Came in to post two things..

1. Even if the OP was posted in English, I'd have no idea WTF you'd be talking about.
2. Just wanted to say...HI COZ!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »
:lol

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
I played it when it was released but stopped after a couple weeks. I keep telling myself I'll check it out again but I uninstalled it a few weeks ago. I wish the game could be started over without having to make another account. Oh well.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 06:04:43 PM »
That's how a lot of people reroll for gachas, with new accounts on new email addresses.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 08:39:34 PM »
Cool to see another longtime player on DTF. :tup

I've sank a shitload of time into this game over the year it's been out (I'm at AR56), and while I certainly wouldn't say it's perfect, there's something nice about it that keeps me coming back.

That said, I'd discourage new people from spending real money on it because god damn those rates are harsh compared to what they charge. :eek
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 08:58:18 PM »
Agreed, it always keeps me coming back when other RPGs get stale. I'm at AR 50, but ONLY because I just haven't done AR ascension 4 yet. I've amassed a shitload of adventure experience,  so when I do finish ascension 4, I'll gain a bunch of levels right off the bat.

Friend me,  UID 609874976.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 09:29:21 PM »
Done :D

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 10:23:59 PM »
:tup

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 08:15:00 AM »
I've heard this game be mentioned for a while now but I've never given it a shot. I'll download it so I can play it while my wife and her family argue at Thanksgiving.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2021, 08:34:46 AM »
:lol

I'm at AR 50, but ONLY because I just haven't done AR ascension 4 yet. I've amassed a shitload of adventure experience,  so when I do finish ascension 4, I'll gain a bunch of levels right off the bat.

Right to AR 54 today. Awesome.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2021, 10:06:32 AM »
This sounded interesting.  I'm a Diablo guy, not really into anime but not opposed to it, and the idea of playing a "real" game on a phone seems interesting.  Trying to keep hopes a bit guarded.

Downloaded it to my phone, then spent over an hour downloading updates and content.  My phone is now actually hot to the touch.

Hey!  It finished!  TAP TO BEGIN.  Let's see how this goes.

Actually, I think I'm going to plug it in for a while.  I figured there would be a lot of content and/or storage space taken on the phone, but this is nuts.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »
Yeah, I should've mentioned, it's huge.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 10:49:00 AM »
Well that was interesting.  I get that there's a lot to learn regarding the interface, the world, the story/goals such as they are, but damn, that little pixie chick (Paimon?) is annoying as fuck.  If she's the NPC I'll be interacting with primarily, that's a deal-breaker.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
You get a lot of Paimon in the beginning, telling you how to do shit, but eventually, she becomes more of a component of story quests and cut scenes.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 01:19:56 PM »
I started playing and it seems pretty cool.  Just curious, once you get the hang of it, does it become a little less tedious?  Seems kinda busy starting out in certain menus.  ???
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »
I started playing and it seems pretty cool.  Just curious, once you get the hang of it, does it become a little less tedious?  Seems kinda busy starting out in certain menus.  ???

It depends which menu. There are a few minor inconceniences I have (no search in inventory, needing to scroll back if you get 2 Battle Pass levels at once, needing to "read" blueprints/diagrams before the item actually unlocks), but the only menu I find tedious overall would be the expedition one, because of the amount of clicks and mouse movement to claim & restart all completed expeditions, which they could've just made one button to do that. I learned how to do it really fast on controller but I don't have that luxury when mouse movement is involved. :lol

Then again, I haven't played on mobile so maybe the other menus in general are worse there.

but tl;dr yes it'll probably get better when you get used to it, for the most part
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 03:41:42 PM by IDontNotDoThings »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »
I ended up uninstalling it.  Sat down to play a little bit, and had to wait for it to load up and update stuff again.  By the time that was done, the reason why I had entered the small room I was sitting in had passed.  I guess I was looking for something I could play five or 10 minutes at a time, save, and come back to later.  If it takes ten minutes to start the playing session every time, it's not suitable for my purposes.

I'm not mad or anything, barely even disappointed.  I don't play games on my phone very much; usually just five or 10 minutes at a time while sitting in the smallest room in the house, and was hoping for a game suitable for that.  But alas, it was not to be.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 03:35:27 PM »
Version 2.3 was just released, so that's probably why. I'm playing within 30 seconds or so, usually.

And yeah, as IDNDT said, as you get deeper, it should get better. In the beginning, like most games, it tends to try to hold your hand a little much.