Poll

Which past Spider-Man villain are you looking forward to seeing again in this film?

Doctor Octopus
8 (34.8%)
Green Goblin
9 (39.1%)
Electro
0 (0%)
Sandman
2 (8.7%)
Lizard
1 (4.3%)
Surprise Cameo?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Out NOW! Spoilers! No. 3 Domestic/No. 6 WW All-Time!  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Finally Sitting down now with the two oldest sons in the Dreamliner recliners. 8:30 start.

How was it?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Finally Sitting down now with the two oldest sons in the Dreamliner recliners. 8:30 start.

How was it?

I thought it was good. I’m a pretty casual Marvel fan…..I haven’t seen every movie in the Gauntlet of them all but enough of them to enjoy the last few they were released.

I thought the inclusion of the other universe Peter Parker’s was really well done…..but if I’m honest I thought the villains were pretty weak but compared to the villains and the power they’ve had in the recent Marvel movies thats tough to compete against.

The way the movie ended was bitter sweet I suppose……and I did find myself feeling extremely sad for Peter as the choice he had to make was brutal. But I will say that with the power that Dr. Strange has and the ease in which he wields it they could easily rectify any of the effects of the final scenes of this movie in 10 minutes of the next one if they chose.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online MirrorMask

Finally saw it, I liked it quite a lot overall!

Some minor complaints.... of course the movie had to exist, and with the characters making good choices there wouldn't be a movie, but the entire movie happens just because of a couple of bad decisions. If Peter hadn't screw up the spell at the beginning, everyone would have just forgotten he was Spiderman, boom, movie over. But he screws up, he wants to give a second chance to the bad guys, Dr. Strange manages to talk him into not going through with it, boom, movie over.

I mean, this could be said of every movie, every film has something that pushes the plot forward, but this was just a blatant case of Peter screwing up things not once but twice in order for the movie to happen. At least it's not out of character, as Dr. Strange said: "Sometimes I don't remember you're just a kid".

I also thought the arrival of the two other Peters would have been more dramatic, but well, not really complaining, it could have been predictable and cheesy to have Tom Holland in dire straits and then out of nowhere comes a spider web and tadaaah, triumphant music, it's Andrew Garfield! it's ok that way.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

I mean, this could be said of every movie, every film has something that pushes the plot forward, but this was just a blatant case of Peter screwing up things not once but twice in order for the movie to happen.

Yeah, it's supposed to be Tony's screwups that drive the action.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Something to keep in mind about this movie (and I believe Dr. Strange II as well) is that they had to reshoot certain scenes and change the plot a little because of Covid and release order. Dr. Strange was supposed to come out before No Way Home (Initially). Not that it changes how good this movie is, but just something to keep in mind.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Extended version will be in theaters on Sept 2nd.

Online The Letter M

Extended version will be in theaters on Sept 2nd.

Sony just wants us to forget the embarrassing 2nd release of Morbius by giving fans an extended version of NWH, which will mean a 2nd home video release and subsequently more money in Sony's pockets. All of the deleted and extended scenes should've just been on the BD they already released.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I liked Morbius.
I honestly don’t get the hate.
The movie is BETTER. Than anything DC has released. (Except the last The Batman)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I liked Morbius.
The movie is BETTER. Than anything DC has released. (Except the last The Batman)
Look.  I haven't seen it (and I'm not going to), and I know, opinions and all, but I just don't believe that's possible.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
I liked Morbius.

It's gotten almost universally negative reviews. It looked dreadful and it's one of the few Sony Marvel movies I just have no desire to see. So I have no clue what it's better than, but I can say that Shazam was wonderful, and Wonder Woman (the first one) had a great first 3/4. And Zack Snyder's Justice League was legitimately pretty good. I just can't see how anything I've seen in the trailers or heard about with Morbius is better than ANYTHING DC has released. But maybe I'm wrong. Guess I'll never know since I have no plans on watching Morbius.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I just can't believe any movie/studio that allowed that post-credit scene to see the light of day the way it did could possibly have put out a decent full-length movie.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I just can’t believe that most of you say it is a bad movie and haven’t even watched it

Online The Letter M

I've seen it. I caught it on a Tuesday showing (since Regal discounts the prices for tickets, approximately in half, on Tuesdays), and I'd have to say, while parts of it were entertaining (but not necessarily good), on the whole, I'd say it's my least favorite film in the SSU (Sony's Spider-Man Universe). I would rather watch Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Spider-Man 3 over Morbius. I'd even take The Amazing Spider-Man 2 over it. Those post-credits scenes really didn't help either, and only confused things a bit more just for Sony to try and rush out another attempt at the Sinister Six on film (which they could've done in No Way Home).

At any rate, it's probably a safe bet that there won't be any immediate sequel to Morbius, and if he shows up again, it'll be in another film (Sinister Six, Venom 3, Kraven The Hunter). Sony has to recognize that their Marvel films produced with Disney/Marvel are the only ones making any real money/getting good reviews and positive audience reactions. If they wanted to keep raking in the dough, they'd just let Disney/Marvel co-produce all of their comic book films from now on, and incorporate them into the MCU. How cool would it be to get Morbius with Blade? Or have a live-action Spider-Woman join the West Coast Avengers featuring Ant-Man, Shang-Chi, and War Machine? Sadly, the only way those things might happen is if Sony just gives up the licenses, expands their contract beyond NWH, or Sony Pictures just get bought out by Disney (which, while interesting, probably won't happen).

Looking ahead, Sony has Kraven The Hunter and Madame Web coming out next year, and after the middling reception of Venom 2 and Morbius, I am going in with lowered expectations for these two films. I think they could be exciting, but I don't want to give myself too much hope that they'll be good. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed! :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I've seen it. I caught it on a Tuesday showing (since Regal discounts the prices for tickets, approximately in half, on Tuesdays), and I'd have to say, while parts of it were entertaining (but not necessarily good), on the whole, I'd say it's my least favorite film in the SSU (Sony's Spider-Man Universe). I would rather watch Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Spider-Man 3 over Morbius. I'd even take The Amazing Spider-Man 2 over it. Those post-credits scenes really didn't help either, and only confused things a bit more just for Sony to try and rush out another attempt at the Sinister Six on film (which they could've done in No Way Home).

At any rate, it's probably a safe bet that there won't be any immediate sequel to Morbius, and if he shows up again, it'll be in another film (Sinister Six, Venom 3, Kraven The Hunter). Sony has to recognize that their Marvel films produced with Disney/Marvel are the only ones making any real money/getting good reviews and positive audience reactions. If they wanted to keep raking in the dough, they'd just let Disney/Marvel co-produce all of their comic book films from now on, and incorporate them into the MCU. How cool would it be to get Morbius with Blade? Or have a live-action Spider-Woman join the West Coast Avengers featuring Ant-Man, Shang-Chi, and War Machine? Sadly, the only way those things might happen is if Sony just gives up the licenses, expands their contract beyond NWH, or Sony Pictures just get bought out by Disney (which, while interesting, probably won't happen).

Looking ahead, Sony has Kraven The Hunter and Madame Web coming out next year, and after the middling reception of Venom 2 and Morbius, I am going in with lowered expectations for these two films. I think they could be exciting, but I don't want to give myself too much hope that they'll be good. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed! :lol

-Marc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Out NOW! Spoilers! No. 3 Domestic/No. 6 WW All-Time!
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
‘SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: THE MORE FUN STUFF VERSION’ is now in theaters with 11 minutes of new footage.
Will you be watching?

Online Adami

Re: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Out NOW! Spoilers! No. 3 Domestic/No. 6 WW All-Time!
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2022, 04:26:52 PM »
‘SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: THE MORE FUN STUFF VERSION’ is now in theaters with 11 minutes of new footage.
Will you be watching?

After some reviews….nope. Looks like exactly what it says. Few extra minutes of fun stuff. Not enough for me to go to the theaters in NYC right now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Something to keep in mind about this movie (and I believe Dr. Strange II as well) is that they had to reshoot certain scenes and change the plot a little because of Covid and release order. Dr. Strange was supposed to come out before No Way Home (Initially). Not that it changes how good this movie is, but just something to keep in mind.

It's interesting, this. There were similar comments about FATWS too. I wonder if Marvel will explain any detail on this at any point. It feels like we hear about as a reason why recent MCU output has been less great than we might have hoped.

If they talk about it more, would that highlight the flaws, or excuse them?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2022, 03:31:37 PM »
I would say a bit of both, but really and truly there's no way to know. Feige can come out and say "this is what was supposed to happen". And even if on paper it could've been better, maybe it doesn't translate the same to the big screen.

So I went to watch the fun version yesterday with the whole $3 movie tickets. It felt like a no brainer. Except everyone else had the same idea and it was kind of annoying. Little kids running around throughout the movie, people on their phones, it seems people don't know how to locate your seat. 30 mins into the movie and security had to come in to move people around.

The extra stuff was fun. I can see why it was cut because it didn't add much to the plot, but it does add to the fun of it.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2022, 08:37:34 PM »
Does anyone know if these extra scenes that were added back in were included on the bonus material of the Blu-ray?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2022, 10:53:13 PM »
Yes.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2022, 11:19:33 PM »
Yes.

“Yes”, you know? Or “yes” they are the scenes?

;D

j/k.  :angel:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
Yes, somebody knows.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2022, 01:40:16 PM »
I am sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just finished watching this movie with my son for the 3rd time this week, and I just noticed that Electro in TAS didn’t know the identity of Spidey. If the premise of all the bad guys coming to this universe was that they knew Peter Parker, how come THIS electro comes too when he never knew who Peter Parker was?

Online Adami

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2022, 02:14:23 PM »
I am sorry if this has been discussed already, but I just finished watching this movie with my son for the 3rd time this week, and I just noticed that Electro in TAS didn’t know the identity of Spidey. If the premise of all the bad guys coming to this universe was that they knew Peter Parker, how come THIS electro comes too when he never knew who Peter Parker was?

Well obviously the screenwriter told him.  :P

But a good point! I never saw ASM2 so I didn’t catch that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2022, 03:00:37 PM »

I've speculated that when Electro and Harry team-up, he may have told him who he was by name, but obviously didn't know what he looked like (as evidenced by NWH when Electro was surprised Spider-Man wasn't black).

Definitely not explicitly shown in TASM 2 but could be easily explained away.

-Marc.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
I just watched the rerelease of NWH the more fun version, and man, that wasn't fun at all, it added NOTHING to the movie.