Poll

Which past Spider-Man villain are you looking forward to seeing again in this film?

Doctor Octopus
8 (34.8%)
Green Goblin
9 (39.1%)
Electro
0 (0%)
Sandman
2 (8.7%)
Lizard
1 (4.3%)
Surprise Cameo?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Spider-Man: No Way Home - Out NOW! Spoilers! No. 3 Domestic/No. 6 WW All-Time!  (Read 8390 times)

Online The Letter M

With the new trailer out earlier this evening, I figured we could start a new thread for the film since it's about a month out.

I also wanted to try and keep potential spoilers for NWH out of the MCU thread, especially since there have been numerous "leaks" in recent weeks that point to the definite inclusion of Tobey's and Andrew's Spider-Men, as well as Charlie Cox as (a variant of?) Matt Murdock.

For anyone who hasn't been following leaks, there was one infamous one several weeks ago of Andrew in his Spider-Man suit crouching by some rafters that looked very much like the ones seen at the Statue Of Liberty battle seen in the latest trailer. Folks and fans have been debating the authenticity of that image for weeks now but the new trailer has been changing everyone's minds!

And speaking of the new trailer, Sony Brasil's edit of the trailer featured a quick second more of the Villains charging Spider-Man, which showed Lizard's head getting hit and swung to his left, and it definitely didn't look like debris hitting him. The going theory is that shot has the 3 Spider-Men charging at Electro, Sandman, and Lizard (who gets punched or kicked in the head).

Anyways, feel free to discuss any and all leaks, theories, hopes and worries for this film here. This has been my most anticipated film of the year, and even then I haven't been able to pry myself away from leaks and trailer breakdowns. Hopefully nothing TOO major leaks before the film comes out. I like some light spoilers but nothing top heavy that'll ruin the film for me

Of course, once the film comes out I'll change the thread title to reflect actual spoiler discussion of the film.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 09:49:50 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
The concept of a multiverse is something I find to be incredibly stupid, and something I was not looking forward to at all in phase 4.  But this officially has me hyped!  :caffeine:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
The concept of a multiverse is something I find to be incredibly stupid...

Maybe it will be who knows

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
The concept of a multiverse is something I find to be incredibly stupid...

Maybe it will be who knows

I hope not.

But I’m torn on this movie. I’m excited for obvious reasons and cause I loved the other two. But these trailers aren’t selling me on the story. Dr. Strange is acting so out of character and the plot seems….dumb. Though I’m hoping there’s a lot more to it.

Either way I feel bad for this movie. I have no idea how many people will be able to judge it for what it is. If it doesn’t star 3 Peter Parkers, Miles Morales, Daredevil, Venom,  Voltron, and Mike Portnoy, people will be so pissed off just due to the insane amount of “leaks” that may or may not be true. I’m trying not to expect anything that isn’t in the trailers. Only one Parker? Fine. No daredevil? Fine. Just give me a good story, cool action, and get me invested in the characters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm not a fan of Sam Raimi spider man and am not the least bit interested in previous incarnations villains coming back.

Never saw the Garfield Spider Mans either.

But Into The Spider Verse worked cause it was a cartoon.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Spiderverse worked because it was a great movie.  Being a cartoon had nothing to do with the quality of the story and acting.

I'm very much looking forward to this.  jingle.kids and I have been re-watching all the Spidey movies (just finished Amazing Spider-Man 1 on the weekend - man that was a bad movie ... but I though Garfield was a great Peter Parker).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just watched the trailer.

...nah.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Spiderverse worked because it was a great movie.  Being a cartoon had nothing to do with the quality of the story and acting.

This. By far the best Spiderman flick for me, and a top 5 Marvel flick in general.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I generally like the Spider-man movies, but the tone of them is a really tricky thing.   Spidey is not one of those characters that you can opt for the "Rowdy Roddy Piper, I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum" action flick trope.   But on the flip-side, a high school trig nerd is only so believeable without SOME machismo.   I don't like Toby Maguire generally, but he was a decent Spider-man, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tom Holland Spider-man.  I think he strikes the perfect balance.  I haven't seen the trailer, yet, but I'm generally all-in on the Spider-man films.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
I am really hyped for this movie as a Spider-Man fan in general, will be neat to see the old Spider-Men back (by all accounts) and also to see Molina and Dafoe back. But I also feel like this is gonna be a bit of a mess. Probably a fun spectacle movie, but I just can't see it being as good as some of the more 'focused' movies like Spider-Man 2 or the original Spider-Man for example.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Guys, Andrew Garfield isn't in it.  I saw an interview with him the other day and he said so.

So that settles it, right?

Guys?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Guys, Andrew Garfield isn't in it.  I saw an interview with him the other day and he said so.

So that settles it, right?

Guys?

Nah, he is in it. He just can´t say he is in it

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Bought my tickets for premiere on Thursday 16th 8.20 am

:metal

Online Adami

Woke up to realize I forgot to get them last night. Got tickets for a Friday showing at noon at the Chinese theater in LA on IMAX. Hoping the movie is better than the trailers make it look.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Woke up to realize I forgot to get them last night. Got tickets for a Friday showing at noon at the Chinese theater in LA on IMAX. Hoping the movie is better than the trailers make it look.

Quite a place to see the movie Adami.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

Honestly though, I just happen to be in LA for a few days and I was too tired to figure out which theater was closest to where I'm staying.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol

Pulling a Costanza I see.  I'M OUT!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

You're a hard man to please. The trailer looks awesome.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

You're a hard man to please. The trailer looks awesome.

That’s what she said
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

I dunno. The plot just looks…dumb in a completely convoluted way. The trailers are mostly just “LOOK WHO ELSE IS IN THIS MOVIE!!”  Which is fine but doesn’t actually make a good movie. I am not too worried since the last two movies were fantastic but I just really haven’t seen much besides “MULTIVERSE AND LOTS OF OTHER CHARACTERS” which, again, is not enough to make a good movie. I need a good story and to be invested in the characters.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
I'm very hyped for this movie because of the spectacle but I share those worries. I think Homecoming and Far From Home were good (but not as good as the Raimi films for me) but I do see this movie walking into the trap of trying to do too many things. This could be that sort of movie that is a blast to watch in the cinema and see certain characters on screen again that we haven't seen in 15 years but I'm also worried about a possible lack of depth/satisfying arcs in the movie because of how many elements they are plugging in.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
I dunno. The plot just looks…dumb in a completely convoluted way. The trailers are mostly just “LOOK WHO ELSE IS IN THIS MOVIE!!”  Which is fine but doesn’t actually make a good movie. I am not too worried since the last two movies were fantastic but I just really haven’t seen much besides “MULTIVERSE AND LOTS OF OTHER CHARACTERS” which, again, is not enough to make a good movie. I need a good story and to be invested in the characters.
I'm kinda with you here. I was really hoping that the third Spiderman movie would allow Peter to get out of the shadow of Tony Stark and finally have his own movie. But instead we get him pairing up with Dr Strange and a whole host of other people. I'm optimistic it will be good though.

Offline countoftuscany42

At least Sony have confirmed another Tom Holland MCU trilogy is in the works, so hopefully he can escape the shadow of some of his MCU mentors as his story continues

Online The Letter M

At least Sony have confirmed another Tom Holland MCU trilogy is in the works, so hopefully he can escape the shadow of some of his MCU mentors as his story continues

I saw this story yesterday, right from Amy Pascal herself. I wonder if by letting Marvel Studios continue to produce Tom Holland's Spider-Man, they've got to be able to let their Marvel/Spider-Adjacent characters play in the MCU toybox as well? They could try to fit Morbius into the MCU, and maybe finally get Black Cat and/or Silver Sable off the ground. I could see them co-producing series for Disney+ now that there was that deal to let some Sony properties stream on Disney+ (including the newer Spider-Man films). There's a lot of promise here, but I just hope Sony let's Marvel take the reins on some of them just to make sure they all work. Remember how Homecoming was off to a rocky start with that whole "8 Years Later" title card that was SO wrong as to be offensive? At least things have gotten a bit better since then.

I also hope this means Marvel and drop in a Spidey cameo here and there. I would love to see him pop up in a Fantastic Four post-credits scene since they're all NY based heroes, or if they reboot Daredevil on Disney+, throw in Peter Parker for a bit.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

This has been widely reported, but her wording was weirdly opaque:

This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel — [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie,” said Pascal in an interview with Fandango. “We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel. We’re thinking of this as three films, and now we’re going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies…Yes, Marvel and Sony are going to keep going together as partners.

She's confirmed more MCU movies, but this could be interpreted as one more Tom Holland movie + 2 or more other MCU movies.  Miles Morales could be brought in, or some of the other Sony/Marvel properties could be ported into the MCU.

Online Adami

So I was watching one of the trailers again, and did everyone else but me notice they were building a giant Cap shield for the statue of liberty?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
So I was watching one of the trailers again, and did everyone else but me notice they were building a giant Cap shield for the statue of liberty?
Yeah, I saw that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online The Letter M

It's the final act big action set-piece as far as I can tell. There have been on-set sightings of bus-stop ads showing the Statue Of Liberty holding up Cap's shield, so I guess it was advertising the rebuild/addition of the shield to the monument...until it all gets destroyed by Spider-Man's enemies. Whoops. Leave it to Kevin Feige to revisit Liberty Island for a third act action spectacle all these years later!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 11:55:13 AM by The Letter M »

Online The Letter M

So I spent the better part of my Saturday watching the Raimi Trilogy on BD and wow what a series of films. Definitely dated at times but the direction and acting, especially from Dafoe and Molina, really sold them as great films. I plan on revisiting the Webb duology on Tuesday, and at the very least Far From Home on Thursday morning before seeing No Way Home.

-Marc.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Jingle.kids and I have been doing that over th past month, and just hav FFH to watch sometime this week. I found Garfield to be. Better Peter Parker, but his Spider-Man was a dick. TAS (both) could’ve been so much better,  Oh, and Dane DeHaan was absolutely awful.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
I think Andrew Garfield is probably the best actor of the 3 and he's great at giving emotional performances but Tobey is still my Peter Parker - he's the one who feels the closest like the Peter Parker I knew from the comics (the quiet nerdy kid) but I think a lot of credit goes to how the character was written. The Peter Parker in the TASM movies feels badly written in contrast, I don't know why they added more elements to his character because it made it feel like someone else. He didn't need to be the skateboarding indie kid on top of everything else. Besides I think Garfield is too good looking and too cool to pass for Peter Parker. Tobey and Tom Holland both look more 'average' which is kinda what I think of Peter Parker as. Your every day guy who kinda blends in. :p

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
I think Andrew Garfield is probably the best actor of the 3 and he's great at giving emotional performances but Tobey is still my Peter Parker - he's the one who feels the closest like the Peter Parker I knew from the comics (the quiet nerdy kid) but I think a lot of credit goes to how the character was written. The Peter Parker in the TASM movies feels badly written in contrast, I don't know why they added more elements to his character because it made it feel like someone else. He didn't need to be the skateboarding indie kid on top of everything else. Besides I think Garfield is too good looking and too cool to pass for Peter Parker. Tobey and Tom Holland both look more 'average' which is kinda what I think of Peter Parker as. Your every day guy who kinda blends in. :p

All three actors have brought something positive to the dual role, but Garfield's version of Pete suffers from muttering his lines syndrome - which is why I'd put him last, also he looks a tad too old for the role.  Admittedly he's also clearly in the weakest films which isn't his fault.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
I'd rank them as...

1- Holland
2- Maguire
3- Garfield

Garfield was always way too emo for me.

Online Adami

McGuire was a fantastic Parker, albeit about 10 years too old, visibly.

Garfield was a fantastic Spider-Man and a non-believable Parker.

Tom Holland is aces at both.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
McGuire was a fantastic Parker, albeit about 10 years too old, visibly.

Garfield was a fantastic Spider-Man and a non-believable Parker.

Tom Holland is aces at both.
Agreed with 1 and 3.  Never saw Garfield's films, so I can't comment.