Author Topic: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!  (Read 68462 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing??
« Reply #2065 on: December 14, 2021, 08:58:47 PM »
The outro, yes.  It sounds a bit strange, yes, but it's a weird little thing that works.  It's like the feeling of losing it and then it segues perfectly into the next song. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2066 on: December 14, 2021, 09:00:59 PM »
The first time I heard it, my headphones were on low power, and I thought they had finally given out. the second listen, I was like WTF...in the same spot??

But then I saw it mentioned in the thread, and well, that made more sense. I don't love it, because the song is so damn good.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2067 on: December 14, 2021, 09:14:53 PM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2068 on: December 14, 2021, 09:40:23 PM »
If I have a productive morning, I might have Results tomorrow afternoon. Writeups are done. Songs are ranked. Results posts are formatted. Just have to assign and plug in the scores.

This will be the highest scoring round.

Of the 23 songs..

18 scored an 8.0 or higher.

And mine are two of the five that didn't, right?

Er.. well, you do own a 7.9, but I have your other song ranked 8th overall (score not assigned yet).  :corn

I'll be honest, I was nervous that all the people that actually know Opeth weren't saying shit either way about my tracks, like I'd sent some forgettable crap.  :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2069 on: December 14, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
If I have a productive morning, I might have Results tomorrow afternoon. Writeups are done. Songs are ranked. Results posts are formatted. Just have to assign and plug in the scores.

Of the 23 songs..

Er.. well, you do own a 7.9, but I have your other song ranked 8th overall (score not assigned yet).  :corn

I'll be honest, I was nervous that all the people that actually know Opeth weren't saying shit either way about my tracks, like I'd sent some forgettable crap.  :lol
I had to go back and look at what you sent, I couldn't remember  :lol At any rate, those are both good songs, imo, but not ones that I would immediately think to send to Tim.

If I had to guess I'd say Dirge for November got the 7.9  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2070 on: December 14, 2021, 11:33:19 PM »
The outro, yes.  It sounds a bit strange, yes, but it's a weird little thing that works.  It's like the feeling of losing it and then it segues perfectly into the next song. 
Yeah it's not really part of the song, more of an interlude and segue into the next one. But on Spotify there's no way to remove or automatically skip it so I guess Tim had to listen to it every time with no context. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2071 on: December 15, 2021, 06:01:40 AM »
Yeah it's not really part of the song, more of an interlude and segue into the next one. But on Spotify there's no way to remove or automatically skip it so I guess Tim had to listen to it every time with no context. :lol

I didn't hold it against the song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2072 on: December 15, 2021, 06:03:47 AM »
On cd the outro it still attached to Burden and if you don't hit stop or skip you have to endure it too.

For me that outro is like an idea that sounds good the first time, but less and less with each repeat.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2073 on: December 15, 2021, 06:14:24 AM »

Of the 23 songs..

Don't worry, bud.  I got your back.  I have no doubt that I'm in the 7.2, 7.4 range!  :) :) :) :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2074 on: December 15, 2021, 06:24:15 AM »
Lowest score is a 7.4, and no, you don't have that.  ;D

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2075 on: December 15, 2021, 08:21:16 AM »
I think Faith in Others might get a fairly low score :)
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2076 on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:35 AM »
I think Faith in Others might get a fairly low score :)

No faith...in others?

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #2077 on: December 15, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
If Bleak got a low score, that would be kinda ..... bleak.  :blush

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2078 on: December 15, 2021, 09:42:19 AM »
I'll say this about Bleak. It seems the most talked about or sent songs in each round have been generally underwhelming.  Let's just say the streak is in tact. :corn

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2079 on: December 15, 2021, 09:47:15 AM »
I'll say this about Bleak. It seems the most talked about or sent songs in each round have been generally underwhelming.  Let's just say the streak is in tact. :corn

While I will say you are wrong, I'm glad I did not send Bleak. At least, I hope I'm glad.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2080 on: December 15, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »
Didn't The Lotus Eater get sent just as many times?
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2081 on: December 15, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »

Well, yes, but there was really no chatter about The Lotus Eater. People were talking about Bleak in the thread plus in a few submission PMs people said that..."You'll probably get Bleak from other people so I'll send you x and y instead."

The Lotus Eater > Bleak.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #2082 on: December 15, 2021, 10:52:37 AM »

All good, I just saw the opportunity to place a bad joke.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #2083 on: December 15, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »

Well, yes, but there was really no chatter about The Lotus Eater. People were talking about Bleak in the thread plus in a few submission PMs people said that..."You'll probably get Bleak from other people so I'll send you x and y instead."

The Lotus Eater > Bleak.

Yes, that was me. And then I figured you’d get Lotus Eater a bunch of times too. I’m inclined to agree on your comparison as well, they’re close, but Bleak is damn good.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline 425

« Reply #2084 on: December 15, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »
I must be way out of touch with people's opinions on Opeth, because I never really got the sense until this thread that Bleak was "the" Opeth song. I never even saw it as "the" Blackwater Park song, in comparison to the title track and The Drapery Falls.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2085 on: December 15, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »
I must be way out of touch with people's opinions on Opeth, because I never really got the sense until this thread that Bleak was "the" Opeth song. I never even saw it as "the" Blackwater Park song, in comparison to the title track and The Drapery Falls.

I always thought Bleak was the 2nd song on Blackwater Park.  It fits nicely between The Leper Affinity and Harvest, and continues the flow of the album. 
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2086 on: December 15, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »

I always thought Bleak was the 2nd song on Blackwater Park.  It fits nicely between The Leper Affinity and Harvest, and continues the flow of the album.

Well that's just like, your opinion. :neverusethis:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2087 on: December 15, 2021, 11:43:00 AM »
nah the second song on blackwater park is the answer lies within

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2088 on: December 15, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »

Well that's just like, your opinion. :neverusethis:

It's a hot take, I know.  :riskybiz:
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline 425

« Reply #2089 on: December 15, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »
nah the second song on blackwater park is the answer lies within

Trapped inside this blackwater park
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2090 on: December 15, 2021, 01:06:18 PM »
These Drapery Walls

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2091 on: December 15, 2021, 02:12:58 PM »
Round 6 Results!

Cyril

Bleak...8.0

OK..three minutes into this, and my ears are kind of glazed over. There’s nothing to really latch onto. The clean vocal section is actually pretty good. The middle softer section is nice. Moves along and of course the harshies come back, but it’s short lived, so that’s good. I’m surprised that I had heard so much about this song. At nine minutes, it’s better as a six minute song. Cut off the first three minutes.

Deliverance...8.6

Interesting intro. I like the metal-ness of it before the vocals. The early clean verses are nice. The section at 4:43 is a surprise. The song seemed content on going back and forth. Nice sounding solo at 8:18. I’m glad this middle section came up as I thought the song was meandering a bit. But the outro from 10 minutes on is all win.
8.0+8.6=16.6/2=8.30

Romdrums

The Leper Affinity...8.7

This starts out harsh and heavy. It really hits its groove at 2:15. Love the solo at 2:45. Really strong. The rhythm under the harsh vocals in the next section is cool as hell. Some Schenker right before the clean vocals come in. Nice! I like how this gets proggy heavy too. Ends with a nice piano outro. That Schenker passage really makes this stick out for me.

The Lotus Eater...8.3

In the beginning, I like how the blastbeats are behind the clean vocals and the awesome ride cymbal groove is behind the harsh. Nice solo at 3:39. Some Schenker notes at the end of the chill section before a cool drum groove. I find the ending clean and harsh sections kind of a letdown though. This song was excellent right up until the end of that transition section. Strong track though.
8.7+8.3=19/2=8.50

Professor

Godhead’s Lament...8.7

The first three minutes go by really fast. It’s not my favorite vocal per se, but the music underneath is steady AF and just keeps it moving along a real nice groove. The solo that starts at 2:56 sounds so familiar, but I cannot place it. Has a Classic Power 70’s feel to it. I love the clean vocal section that follows. The rhythm under the second harsh vocals section at 6:56 is cool. The song goes back and forth, but I have to say that this is quite groovy throughout. It’s long, but doesn’t feel it’s as long as it is. It’s pretty powerful.

When...8.9

The brief acoustic intro feels kind of 80’s power ballad-y. Of course it gets blown up pretty quickly. But at :56, it goes for a nice Dave Lombardo groove. I like how the harsh verse is over a nice steady line, even some acoustic underneath. I like how this song stays straightforward, even when stepping back, and groovey.4:18…wow! One of my favorite passages in the round. The “And I Die” section that ends it sounds like Alice In Chains with advanced drumming. Excellent tune.
8.7+8.9=17.6/2=8.80

Wolfking

Deliverance...8.6

Interesting intro. I like the metal-ness of it before the vocals. The early clean verses are nice. The section at 4:43 is a surprise. The song seemed content on going back and forth. Nice sounding solo at 8:18. I’m glad this middle section came up as I thought the song was meandering a bit. But the outro from 10 minutes on is all win.

Windowpane...8.4

The song goes back and forth three times in the first 3-4 minutes between vocal and instrumental sections. I like those instrumental drop ins. It’s pretty chill, but by the end of the third cycle, I’m ready for something else. It begins to  draw some energy before a slight change at 4:40. It stays kind of Pink Floydish and really fucking cool. I love these couple of minutes. They should’ve just let that fade out, but unfortunately the vocals come back at 6:30. The keyboard treatments in the outro are nice. This is a cool song.
8.6+8.4=17/2=8.50

Buddy

The Lotus Eater...8.3

In the beginning, I like how the blastbeats are behind the clean vocals and the awesome ride cymbal groove is behind the harsh. Nice solo at 3:39. Some Schenker notes at the end of the chill section before a cool drum groove. I find the ending clean and harsh sections kind of a letdown though. This song was excellent right up until the end of that transition section. Strong track though.

Blackwater Park...8.1

Cool groovy intro, almost grunge-like. After about 3 minutes of chill, the song starts back up again Sabbath style. This is a really cool tune, though it is kind of long. I was kind of waiting for that “holy shit” moment, but it just stayed pretty level. A strong heavy level.
8.3+8.1=16.4/2=8.20

HOF

Windowpane...8.4

The song goes back and forth three times in the first 3-4 minutes between vocal and instrumental sections. I like those instrumental drop ins. It’s pretty chill, but by the end of the third cycle, I’m ready for something else. It begins to  draw some energy before a slight change at 4:40. It stays kind of Pink Floydish and really fucking cool. I love these couple of minutes. They should’ve just let that fade out, but unfortunately the vocals come back at 6:30. The keyboard treatments in the outro are nice. This is a cool song.

Hope Leaves...7.4

Not unpleasant by any stretch. An interesting side of Opeth for sure. But this is like sending Beth in a KISS Round.
8.4=7.4=15.8/2=7.90

Heir Apparent...8.4

I get a big Black Sabbath vibe in the beginning. It’s cool and groovy, but it really hits its stride at 4:17. I like the mellow part at 4:40. Cool guitar solo. Sounds a little like Blackmore. Gets heavy and proggy before culminating in an amazing outro at 7:20.

The Lotus Eater...8.3

8.4+8.3=16.7/2=8.35

Lonestar

Dirge For November...7.9

I like the acoustic opening, especially as it closes. The vocals are a bit shaky though. The harsh vocal section almost feels Black Metalish. Ends with some soft guitar. It’s not my favorite here, but I definitely like it. I like the emotion that I hear in Black Metal, and it comes through here as well. Totally appreciate this submission.

Master’s Apprentice...8.5

This has a cool, almost menacing pace to it. Moves along pretty good, but vomits on itself at 7:47. WTF? But then it moves into a fantastic part. Best part of the song is the last three minutes. Great epic outro.
7.9+8.5=16.4/2=8.20

Puppies

The Drapery Falls...8.1

After an uneventful 1:40 intro, there’s a cool Fields Of The Nephilim section. Harsh vocals make their first appearance about 5 minutes in. Gets somewhat proggy at 5:55. After another harsh part, the song settles in nicely to the end. Really enjoyed the ride out on this. Not sure it it’s as memorable as some of the other tracks.

Deliverance...8.6

8.1+8.6=16.7/2=8.35

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2092 on: December 15, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
Ariich

The Drapery Falls...8.1

After an uneventful 1:40 intro, there’s a cool Fields Of The Nephilim section. Harsh vocals make their first appearance about 5 minutes in. Gets somewhat proggy at 5:55. After another harsh part, the song settles in nicely to the end. Really enjoyed the ride out on this. Not sure it it’s as memorable as some of the other tracks though.

Burden...8.8

Evident right off the bat is a fantastic vocal. Love the keyboard solo that comes in shortly after the two minute mark. Trying to place the “aahh” part at 3:30ish. MSG maybe? Sounds like a Schenker solo that follows. The first one anyway. Great solo trade offs here. Ahh Schenker again at 5:13. Can’t say I love the detuned ending. The song was perfect until then. Still one of the best in the round.
8.1+8.8=16.9/2=8.45

Elite

When...8.9

The brief acoustic intro feels kind of 80’s power ballad-y. Of course it gets blown up pretty quickly. But at :56, it goes for a nice Dave Lombardo groove. I like how the harsh verse is over a nice steady line, even some acoustic underneath. I like how this song stays straightforward, even when stepping back, and groovey.4:18…wow! One of my favorite passages in the round. The “And I Die” section that ends it sounds like Alice In Chains with advanced drumming. Excellent tune.

April Ethereal...8.4
Great groovy opening. Not used to hearing double bass with this pattern. Even though it’s mostly harsh vocals the music really let’s them breathe, so they’re not overbearing. Love the rhythm at 6:05. Doing some headbanging at 6:45. The outro is pretty soothing.
8.9+8.4=17.3/2=8.65

Kwyjibo

Bleak...8.0

OK..three minutes into this, and my ears are kind of glazed over. There’s nothing to really latch onto. The clean vocal section is actually pretty good. The middle softer section is nice. Moves along and of course the harshies come back, but it’s short lived, so that’s good. I’m surprised that I had heard so much about this song. At nine minutes, it’s better as a six minute song. Cut off the first three minutes.

The Drapery Falls...8.1

After an uneventful 1:40 intro, there’s a cool Fields Of The Nephilim section. Harsh vocals make their first appearance about 5 minutes in. Gets somewhat proggy at 5:55. After another harsh part, the song settles in nicely to the end. Really enjoyed the ride out on this. Not sure it it’s as memorable as some of the other tracks.
8.0+8.1=16.1/2=8.05

Vmadera

Face Of Melinda...8.0

I like this acoustic intro. The vocals have an almost 60’s quality to it. Real retro sounding. Even when the full band joins in, it feels Classic. I keep waiting for the harsh vocals to come in and blow this up. Surprisingly, they don’t make an appearance. An almost majestic outro closes this out. There’s something refreshing about this and the old school vibe is endearing.

Windowpane...8.4

8.0+8.4=16.4/2=8.20

Kingshmegland

Sorceress...7.8

This has an old school feel to it. Still trying to place it. Deep purple, maybe? Lucifer’s Friend? The solo at 3:47 smokes. There’s a keyboard player? This chill part at 4:50 is cool. Woah, that’s the outro? Cool song. Not my favorite though.

Dignity...8.0

Is this Lucifer’s Friend? Sounds a lot like John Lawton in the intro. That is some strong lead guitar at 1:14.  I like when the song kicks back up at 3:30. Such a groovy 70’s lick. I can hear Ian Gillan singing this. Cool song.
7.8+8.0=15.8/2=7.90

Evermind

Will O The Wisp...7.5

Thought of Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull right away. I like the subtle lead guitar in the second half. Very pleasant and nothing not to like.

Faith In Others...8.3

Cool shuffling opening. The diddle at 3:20 reminds me of Ritchie Blackmore which makes sense as it moves into the next section. Dio-ish “ooohh”s. Stays pretty mellow throughout. Quite enjoyable, harkening back to some classic Rainbow for me.
7.5+8.3=15.8/2=7.90

LudwigVan

The Funeral Portrait...8.8

Starts with a big time Sabbath romp. There’s a quick section before the four minute mark with some cool drumming tradeoffs. The solo that follows that is really cool, as is the rhythm that carries it. The cleans come in late in the song, and I like the uptick in pacing right after that. The thing about this song is that, while no section really stands out, maybe with the exception of the Sabbath styled start, this just picks you up and never drops you. This does not feel like an 8+ minute song. The pace is strong and steady, but never feels like it meanders.

The Drapery Falls...8.1

8.8+8.1=16.9/2=8.45

Stadler

Chrysalis...8.1

Right off the bat, I like the pace of this. The song moves along, and at 3:46, there’s a cool guitar solo then a keyboard trade off. Reminds me of Deep Purple. Chills out at 4:50.. a little Black Sabbath. Fades out with this. I like this song. Has an Old School feel to it.

Harvest...7.6

The beginning reminds me of Iron Maiden’s Prodigal Son. I like the subtle lead guitar at 3:15.Hear a little Schenker in some of the notes. Looks like it was a breather during Blackwater Park, the album. The song is a little blah, yet enjoyable.
8.1+7.6=15.7/2=7.85

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2093 on: December 15, 2021, 02:13:33 PM »
Round 6 Results!

Professor...8.80
Elite...8.65
Romdrums...8.50
Worlfking...8.50
LudwigVan...8.45
Ariich...8.45
Puppies...8.35
Cyril....8.30
Lonestar...8.20
Buddy...8.20
Vmadera...8.20
Kwyjibo...8.05
HOF...7.90
Evermind...7.90
Kingshmegland...7.90
Stadler...7.85

Standings

Puppies...8.60+8.15+8.25+8.35+8.20+8.35=49.90
Ariich...9.0+8.15+7.60+7.85+8.05+8.45=49.10
Cyril...7.55+8.25+7.95+8.45+8.35+8.30=48.95
VMadera...8.45+7.35+7.95+8.30+8.60+8.20=48.85
Romdrums...8.25+7.65+8.25+7.8+7.80+8.50=48.25
Kwyjibo...7.80+8.75+7.65+8.15+7.60+8.05=48.00
Professor...8.20+7.6+7.0+8.05+8.30+8.80=47.95
LudwigVan...8.35+7.55+7.35+7.90+8.30+8.45=47.90
Wolfking...7.80+7.6+8.10+8.0+7.90+8.50=47.90
Kingshmegland...7.70+8.25+7.85+7.85+8.20+7.90=47.75
425...7.90+7.40+7.65+8.45+7.85+8.35=47.60
Buddy...7.05+8.15+7.75+8.05+8.20+8.20=47.40
Elite...7.50+7.75+7.60+7.90+7.80+8.65=47.20
Stadler...8.50+7.75+7.35+7.55+7.85+7.85=46.85
Evermind...8.20+7.75+7.55+7.45+7.80+7.90=46.65
HOF...7.65+7.50+8.05+7.60+7.95+7.90=46.65
Lonestar...7.80+7.25+7.85+7.40+8.0+8.20=46.50

As always, please check my math!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? Scorpeth!
« Reply #2094 on: December 15, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »
I knew I was taking risks with the songs I picked, it is fine  :metal

On to Mastodon  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2095 on: December 15, 2021, 02:20:23 PM »
MMMMEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH!!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2096 on: December 15, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »
yeah that works

stevie willy boy round next! i'll be satisfied if i score above 5/10  :lol

Online Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2097 on: December 15, 2021, 02:27:14 PM »
This is a really cool tune, though it is kind of long. I was kind of waiting for that “holy shit” moment, but it just stayed pretty level.

Uh, literally every single riff from 5 minutes onwards? The breakdown + solo at 7 minutes???
Tastes, man...

I'll be using the wild card for this next round because your tastes are an enigma wrapped in a mystery, even for bands you enjoy. :lol

On to Mastodon  :metal

You wish.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2099 on: December 15, 2021, 02:45:02 PM »
This is a really cool tune, though it is kind of long. I was kind of waiting for that “holy shit” moment, but it just stayed pretty level.

Uh, literally every single riff from 5 minutes onwards? The breakdown + solo at 7 minutes???

What about the first 5 minutes? ;D

Yeah, that part is cool, and I reserve the right to change that score next year sometime  ;D after I've heard it 20 more times, but after 5 or 6 listens, it just didn't separate. I mean it scored over an 8.0 which means I really like it.