Author Topic: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!  (Read 68372 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing??
« Reply #1610 on: December 01, 2021, 04:29:00 PM »
I'm surprised so many people didn't notice that. Stood out to me the very first time I listened to Blackwater Park as clearly SW.
I got BWP (in 2001) a few years before I'd even heard of PT or Wilson (around the time of Deadwing).

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1611 on: December 01, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »
Jesus!  I'll listen along with that tonight.

I won’t.  ;D
But I can almost guarantee you will in the Opeth round! :neverusethis:
I -can- guarantee he will  :corn

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1612 on: December 01, 2021, 05:32:27 PM »
Bleak is an awesome song so yeah if nobody sends it that'd be a massive shame.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1613 on: December 01, 2021, 05:34:16 PM »
To be clear I am saying i did send it, almost a month ago  :lol

My other Opeth pick is very obvious too but when you ban their best album this is what happens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1614 on: December 01, 2021, 07:49:14 PM »
So the scores are tallied.

Scores by round:

Devin Townsend:8.0
Haken:7.8
BTBAM:7.75
Neal Morse:7.95

Also, I will share one result tonight!

I will point out that 13 of you are above this score and 4 of you are below it.

Omnipotent One

Seemingly Sincere...8.0

This ends really strong. Took a while to get there though.

The beginning of this reminded me of Slade’s Keep Your Hands Off My Power Supply.
This stays pretty steady for the first few minutes. It feels like it’s building though. The guitar at 5:03 brings this up a bit.  The next step up is at 7:50 as the previous section runs out. This song is too long though, and it feels like it’s one section over and over again.

Freedom Song...7.3

“Music has shown her the way. She lives today”

Interesting song from the Omnipotent One. I would have to think that there were about 100 better songs. Maybe he’s the Impotent One..
8.0+7.3=15.3/2=7.65

I'm sure he's thinking...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1615 on: December 01, 2021, 08:48:36 PM »
Says the guy that gave an Enya song a perfect 10.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline 425

« Reply #1616 on: December 01, 2021, 09:56:49 PM »
I figured Freedom Song was not going to be a TAC hit. :lol I say if you're going to send a song in that style, go big and send Sing It High.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1617 on: December 02, 2021, 01:03:53 AM »
I'm surprised so many people didn't notice that. Stood out to me the very first time I listened to Blackwater Park as clearly SW.

This, it seemed so obvious to me, but then I've heard a lot of Porcupine Tree before discovering Opeth.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1618 on: December 02, 2021, 01:24:09 AM »
re: the Bleak discussion; I knew it, have known for years. I knew Blackwater Park before I had ever heard a single Porcupine Tree song though, so it was only after I discovered PT that I thought.. wait a minute, that's the same singer! And indeed it was :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1619 on: December 02, 2021, 05:04:45 AM »
Like I said, when a song by Enya scores 10/10, you never know what might just 'click'.  Freedom Song can be an ear worm ... clearly not a good one in this case.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1620 on: December 02, 2021, 05:59:14 AM »
Like I said, when a song by Enya scores 10/10, you never know what might just 'click'.  Freedom Song can be an ear worm ... clearly not a good one in this case.

Quit wining!

It’s not like you sent it…..

……or did you?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: December 02, 2021, 06:58:28 AM »
Quit wining!

I'm not sure if I'm whining, or winning... where exactly is the typo in that word?  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1622 on: December 02, 2021, 07:00:34 AM »
Quit wining!

I'm not sure if I'm whining, or winning... where exactly is the typo in that word?  :lol

I thought it was winking.    ;)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1623 on: December 02, 2021, 07:14:30 AM »
I've infected Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1624 on: December 02, 2021, 07:20:28 AM »
Quit wining!

Add an H for hoser.

I've infected Tim.

Nope. I got mah boostah!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1625 on: December 02, 2021, 07:24:19 AM »
 :lol

Me too so.........
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1626 on: December 02, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »
Morsults!

Romdrums

Harm’s Way (Spock’s Beard)....8.2

This song took me about 4 minutes to fully engage.

After a brief intro, I liked the first verses. Ah, is this the Medicate section from Octavarium? There’s a classy solo that starts around 4:00. These first few minutes are a slow build I think. After a soft spot, the song really comes alive at 6:49. I must say that the chorus is kind of a dud in this song. It’s feels like a mood killer in a way. I generally like the song though.

Waste Away(Spock’s Beard)....7.4

This is easy on the ears, but it reminds me of latter day Rush.

This is a fairly to the point song. Nothing wrong with that, but I think there are way more interesting songs in this round. I hear some latter day Rush in this..Test For Echo era maybe. Not my favorite vocal either.
8.2+7.4=15.6/2=7.8

Stadler

Weathering Sky....7.3

Kind of a heavy Beatles tune. Not into the Beatles though.

I honestly don’t have a lot to say about this song. It’s peasant enough and to the point. 

Bird On A Wire.....7.8

Those are some cheesy ass keyboards.

Those keyboards at the beginning. Wow..what sound is that? The “I have a fire” part feels so 80’s to me. This reminds me a little of Shooting Star, and that’s not a bad thing. I like whole whole mid section going from the key solo to the guitar solo. Nice flutter at 4:44 to extend the section. Very cool. Ultimately, this song is a bit keyboard heavy for me, but that instrumental section is fantastic.
7.3+7.8=15.1/2=7.55

Buddy

The Call....8.3

Starts off as Styx, ends as DT. I don’t remember the middle.

After the Styx style intro, there’s a great JP solo again in the beginning. The verse/chorus is pretty unexciting, but things kick it up at 4:06. Nice vocal section at 4:52. Cool bass part and awesome MP drum fill. This whole instrumental section is excellent. Great solos all the way around. Instrumentally, I like long sections, but the vocal sections in this song are fairy weak, and it makes the song feel long.

Bird On A Wire...7.8

Those are some cheesy ass keyboards.

Those keyboards at the beginning. Wow..what sound is that? The “I have a fire” part feels so 80’s to me. This reminds me a little of Shooting Star, and that’s not a bad thing. I like whole whole mid section going from the key solo to the guitar solo. Nice flutter at 4:44 to extend the section. Very cool. Ultimately, this song is a bit keyboard heavy for me, but that instrumental section is fantastic.
8.3+7.8=16.1/2=8.05

The Call...8.3

After the Styx style intro, there’s a great JP solo again in the beginning. The verse/chorus is pretty unexciting, but things kick it up at 4:06. Nice vocal section at 4:52. Cool bass part and awesome MP drum fill. This whole instrumental section is excellent. Great solos all the way around. Instrumentally, I like long sections, but the vocal sections in this song are fairy weak, and it makes the song feel long.

Broken Sky/Long Day...8.6

I swear that’s a JP solo in this.

A mellow tune, but it’s really great. Might be my favorite vocal in the round. This is really a beautiful track. That’s not JP on the solo?? I like the part at 5:52 where the keyboards raise it up a bit right before the Long Day section. And the Long Day section is really great. More JP at the end!! I’d like to explore what was going on before these tracks. Fantastic and a favorite from the first listen.
8.3+8.6=16.9/2=8.45

Lonestar

Time Changer....7.4

This song kind of rocks but I don’t remember this being a Beach Boys round.

Cool bass led intro on this. Not crazy about the Time Changer vocal section, but damn the instrumentation is great. MP with some double bass, and some Rush type feels. I must say though that the song loses a bit of steam about halfway through. Too bad.

Author Of Confusion...7.4

I liked how beefy this was in the beginning and the end, but it was a bit light in the middle.

This song sure starts out chunky but goes mid tempo which really drags it out. Thankfully at 3:15, it picks up. I feel like this would be a good song for Ian Gillan. I understand the effects and reasons of the backing vocals, but I’m not a fan of it. The song kind of disappears for a bit in the middle. The thing is, even the beefy bits aren’t that interesting and they’re repetitive.
7.4+7.4=14.8/2=7.4

Professor

At The End Of The Day (Spock’s Beard)....8.2

It’s long, but it keeps moving through its different sections.
I like the orchestration of the intro, and the first couple of verses/choruses are pretty easy on the ears. I like the transition at 4:00. I like the short solo at 8:16. The next half dozen minutes shows the band weaving in and out of different sections, and I never feel like it meanders. I like the drumming in this song, switching from hi-hat to ride in all the right spots. This is a high quality track. Not my favorite, but there’s really not much to pick on.

I Am Your Father....7.9

Wow, that is heavy.

What a brilliant vocal. And amazing chorus. I love how the verse seemingly transitions into the chorus. It’s a really powerful technique. Really moving, but I have to say that lyrically, it’s a bit unfulfilling.
8.2+7.9=16.1/2=8.05

Ariich

The Call...8.3

After the Styx style intro, there’s a great JP solo again in the beginning. The verse/chorus is pretty unexciting, but things kick it up at 4:06. Nice vocal section at 4:52. Cool bass part and awesome MP drum fill. This whole instrumental section is excellent. Great solos all the way around. Instrumentally, I like long sections, but the vocal sections in this song are fairly weak, and it makes the song feel long.

Another Story To Tell....7.4

Hall & Oates round Yay! I did have some snarky comments that I decided to drop, but suffice to say that this was a miss. It's pleasant and all, and better than a couple of other tracks, but I'm disappointed with it.
8.3+7.4=15.7/2=7.85

HOF

Flow (Spock’s Beard)...7.5

I have no idea why this song had to be this long.

This song has a great feel to it. I love the lead guitar notes all over the first few minutes of this song. The vocal sections are nice enough, and I find the whole thing nice and kind of chill. The instrumental bit at 6:00 is cool. Great drumming and bass. Is that a YYZ drum fill at 6:21? The vocal part at 7:33 is a nice wind down of the song. Such a great ending just before 8:40.
WUT? It’s not over??  If the song ended right then and there, it’s would’ve been perfect. I feel like the song climaxed. The rest? It’s like laying with your girl after sex, when all you really want to do is get back to the game.

My Shoes Revisited(Spock’s Beard)....7.8

Great closing solo.
Revisited? Is this the end of a larger part? It kind of feels that way, and I think it ultimately hurts this submission. But somehow, this song is still pretty strong. Still that solo is phenomenal.
7.4+7.8=15.2/2=7.6

Kingshmegland

At the End of the Day (Spock’s Beard)....8.2

I like the orchestration of the intro, and the first couple of verses/choruses are pretty easy on the ears. I like the transition at 4:00. I like the short solo at 8:16. The next half dozen minutes shows the band weaving in and out of different sections, and I never feel like it meanders. I like the drumming in this song, switching from hi-hat to ride in all the right spots. This is a high quality track. Not my favorite, but there’s really not much to pick on.

The Good Don't Last(Spock’s Beard)...7.5

This is a nice classy song. Not sure how it’ll end up though.

Sounds a lot like Styx in the beginning, especially when the acoustic guitar starts. Enjoyable parts throughout, and a nice solo towards the end. This song is pleasant to listen to. It’s kind of middle of the road here. Nothing I don’t like, but not necessarily anything that totally pulls me in though.
8.2+7.5=15.7/2=7.85

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1627 on: December 02, 2021, 12:09:17 PM »
Cyril
The Call...8.3

In the Fire...8.6

This was pretty rocking and I loved the Deep Purple-ish outro.

This song is like one big jam session. I love the instrumental sections. Has a real Deep purple/Rainbow feel to some of them. This must be fantastic live. It’s heavy in it’s own way. The vocals have a 70’s Classic Rock feel to them. That transition at 6:10 is amazing with the keyboard solo that follows. I could easily listen to an album of this all day long.
8.3+8.6=16.9/2=8.45

LudwigVan

The Call...8.3

Do It Again...7.5

I expect this to be a grower. It better be.

This is certainly a pleasant song. The chorus reminds me of Styx. Not a bad thing. The verses feel kind of 80’s-ish. The middle section reminds me of Shooting Star. Great JP solo at 6:00. This has a nice enough outro, but really, this song is like 3 minutes too long.
8.3+7.5=15.8/2=7.9

Puppies

Devil’s Got My Throat (Spock’s Beard)...8.3

You mean this isn’t a Deep Purple cover?

This totally sounds like Deep Purple. Total Ian Paice feel and I can hear Ian Gillan and Jon Lord all over this. This rocks and has a nice pace. Interesting vocal. I hear a little Alice Cooper in it. The instrumental section, while heavy on the keyboards is cool enough. I could do without the bit at 6:00 though. It would’ve been better if they just closed it out naturally.

The Light (Spock’s Beard)...8.4

This started and I thought I was in a Disney song.

The opening vocal totally felt like a Disney musical to me. Not sure I love the John Lennon styled vocals. I do like this song has a little oomph to it. I like the part around the 6:00 mark with some Cygnus X-1 punching in. The song cleverly transitions at 7:15. Love the piano at 10:02. I like the Bolero part. What’s the deal with the guy and his tabasco? Those are goofy as shit lyrics, but that section in fantastic. Excellent Disney ending as well. This is a strong song that doesn’t feel 15 minutes at all.
8.3+8.4=16.7/2=8.35

Elite

Thoughts Pt II (Spock’s Beard)...8.1

That was a hell of a lot crammed into this relatively short song.

The beginning feels really familiar but I can’t place it. Sounds a bit like Zeppelin with keyboards over it.
The harmonic vocals are interesting. This song keeps a nice pace and is really pretty good. It doesn’t need to be fifteen minutes. It’s kind of a mini epic.

Thoughts Pt V....7.7

I’ve really struggled with this song. It gives me kind of an ear glazing for some reason.

Nothing I don’t like about it, but it just feels busy to me. My favorite part is at 5:12 and the chill part that follows with some nice hi-hat work. This takes us to the end of the song, and coolness of it kind of cancels the business of the first half. At the end, I’m not sure what I really just listened to.
8.1+7.7=15.8/2=7.9

Kwyjibo

At The End Of The Day (Spock’s Beard)....8.2

Thoughts Pt II (Spock’s Beard)...8.1

That was a hell of a lot crammed into this relatively short song.

The beginning feels really familiar but I can’t place it. Sounds a bit like Zeppelin with keyboards over it.
The harmonic vocals are interesting. This song keeps a nice pace and is really pretty good. It doesn’t need to be fifteen minutes. It’s kind of a mini epic.
8.2+8.1=16.3/2=8.15

Wolfking

In The Fire....8.6

This was pretty rocking and I loved the Deep Purple-ish outro.

This song is like one big jam session. I love the instrumental sections. Has a real Deep purple/Rainbow feel to some of them. This must be fantastic live. It’s heavy in it’s own way. The vocals have a 70’s Classic Rock feel to them. That transition at 6:10 is amazing with the keyboard solo that follows. I could easily listen to an album of this all day long.

Author Of Confusion...7.4

I liked how beefy this was in the beginning and the end, but it was a bit light in the middle.

This song sure starts out chunky but goes mid tempo which really drags it out. Thankfully at 3:15, it picks up. I feel like this would be a good song for Ian Gillan. I understand the effects and reasons of the backing vocals, but I’m not a fan of it. The song kind of disappears for a bit in the middle. The thing is, even the beefy bits aren’t that interesting and they’re repetitive.
8.6+7.4=16/2=8.0

Evermind

Entrance...7.7

This song was sneaky good I think.

The vocals at the beginning here remind me of Matt Smith’s lower register. This song doesn’t really hit you over the head at any point, but it stays steady as it goes. Still, I think there are songs that offer more in this round.

Overflow...7.2

This gave me a Dire Straits feel, which is extremely ironic.

Really chill song here. I suppose it takes a certain mood though. Nice solo at 4:20. Not sure what else to say. One of the weaker tracks.
7.7+7.2=14.9/2=7.45

Vmadera

Crack The Big Sky (Spock's Beard)....8.3

Strong opening and ends really strong. It’s the 8 minutes in between that could use some help.

Cool drum/bass opening,and at 20 seconds in, it reminds me of a middle section of Iron Maiden’s The Man Who Would Be King. This song moves along pretty nicely. I like the horns at 5:00. That’s a great section. Some nice sax too. Really like the instrumental section from 7:30-8:50. Nice classic ending.
This is one of the upper tier songs in this round.

Into Fire (Spock's Beard)...8.3

WTF? That’s Demon music.

I must say. I loved this! I’m kind of surprised nobody else sent it. Vocally, it’s a bit odd, but the vocal melodies are amazing. This is such a joy to listen to in a playlist heavy of introspection. Just simple and fun.
8.3+8.3=16.6/2=8.3

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1628 on: December 02, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »
Round 4 Standings

Cyril...8.45
Puppies...8.35
Vmadera...8.30
Kwyjibo...8.15
Professor...8.05
Buddy...8.05
Wolfking...8.0
Elite...7.90
LudwigVan...7.90
Ariich...7.85
Kingshmegland...7.85
Romdrums....7.80
Omnipotent One...7.65
HOF...7.60
Stadler...7.55
Evermind...7.45
Lonestar...7.40

Standings!

Puppies...8.60+8.15+8.25+8.35=33.35
Ariich...9.0+8.15+7.60+7.85=32.60
Kwyjibo...7.80+8.75+7.65+8.15=32.35
Cyril...7.55+8.25+7.95+8.45=32.20
VMadera...8.45+7.35+7.95+8.30=32.05
Romdrums...8.25+7.65+8.25+7.8=31.95
Kingshmegland...7.70+8.25+7.85+7.85=31.65
Wolfking...7.80+7.6+8.10+8.0=31.50
425...7.90+7.40+7.65+8.45=31.40
LudwigVan...8.35+7.55+7.35+7.90=31.15
Stadler...8.50+7.75+7.35+7.55=31.15
Buddy...7.05+8.15+7.75+8.05=31.00
Evermind...8.20+7.75+7.55+7.45=30.95
Professor...8.20+7.6+7.0+8.05=30.85
HOF...7.65+7.50+8.05+7.60=30.80
Elite...7.50+7.75+7.60+7.90=30.75
Lonestar...7.80+7.25+7.85+7.40=30.30

Check my math!

Online HOF

Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? Morsults!!
« Reply #1629 on: December 02, 2021, 12:30:03 PM »
Ah, well, I’m glad you liked some of this stuff. I am not totally surprised that Flow sort of overstayed it’s welcome for you (I kind of think that about the sort of honky tonk verses there), but you have the really dramatic high point at around 10 minutes and then the epic ending with the closing guitar solo. It’s all a journey and you just have to sit back and take it in. Ironically, you loved Crack the Big Sky, and that’s one that I really think could stand to be shorter.

My Shoes Revisited is the end of a 20+ minute multi-track epic/suite, but that’s possibly my favorite guitar solo ever, which is the main reason I sent it. Glad you liked it at least!

Don’t forget to check out She is Everything for the epic guitar solo in that one as well.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1630 on: December 02, 2021, 12:32:28 PM »
Oh no, the dice failed me :lol

Also not surprised to see 425 at the joint 1st place for this round at all.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1631 on: December 02, 2021, 12:35:08 PM »
Ah, well, I’m glad you liked some of this stuff. I am not totally surprised that Flow sort of overstayed it’s welcome for you (I kind of think that about the sort of honky tonk verses there), but you have the really dramatic high point at around 10 minutes and then the epic ending with the closing guitar solo. It’s all a journey and you just have to sit back and take it in. Ironically, you loved Crack the Big Sky, and that’s one that I really think could stand to be shorter.

My Shoes Revisited is the end of a 20+ minute multi-track epic/suite, but that’s possibly my favorite guitar solo ever, which is the main reason I sent it. Glad you liked it at least!

Don’t forget to check out She is Everything for the epic guitar solo in that one as well.

I will.

If Flow ended at 8:40, it could've gotten an 8 easy. I felt like it climaxed...and then kept going.

My Shoes was really good. Such a great solo at the end. I'll follow up on the bigger piece.

Oh no, the dice failed me :lol

You should've went best 2 out of 3..

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1632 on: December 02, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »
Wow, I got killed.  I honestly didn't see that coming....

Offline 425

« Reply #1633 on: December 02, 2021, 12:45:35 PM »
I kind of love that the round winners were one of the most enthusiastic Morse fans and one of the most enthusiastic Morse haters. :lol

Obviously I'm thrilled with how well you liked Broken Sky/Long Day. It's such a great ending to The Similitude of a Dream, and I'm glad to see it still hits well outside of the context of the full double concept album—especially the Long Day part, which I think gets some of its power from the fact that it's a reprise of the very first song, an hour and 45 minutes earlier. The guitar solo is genuinely not John Petrucci, but Eric Gillette is obviously a Petrucci fan. He's much younger than the rest of the guys in The Neal Morse Band and is clearly a real talent.

I figured The Call would do pretty well, and I'm glad to see that it did. I definitely come to the song more for the instrumental work than the vocal parts, although I like both.

Cool to see In the Fire as the other top performer. I think that one is really good.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1634 on: December 02, 2021, 12:48:31 PM »
Four of you should feel shame.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1635 on: December 02, 2021, 12:50:39 PM »
Wow, I got killed.  I honestly didn't see that coming....

So I liked Bird On A Wire. It ranked dead center 13th out of 26 tracks. But I did like it.

Weathering Sky, unfortunately would not make me want to follow up on Neal Morse. There were just far more interesting songs that offered a lot more.

Don't rub it in Mr. I'manexpertonNealMorse.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1636 on: December 02, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »

You're like my wife... hearing things I never said.  :lol

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1637 on: December 02, 2021, 12:56:27 PM »
Not bad for a non-Morse fan! :biggrin:
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1638 on: December 02, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
Sent for Coheed.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1639 on: December 02, 2021, 01:01:32 PM »

You're like my wife... hearing things I never said.  :lol

Ah well.  Now to dig more into C&C and narrow down.

Online HOF

« Reply #1640 on: December 02, 2021, 01:03:57 PM »

I regret nothing!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1641 on: December 02, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »
I dared people to send Into Fire. Had I, it would have been my highest score. Man, I got this backwards.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1642 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:46 PM »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1643 on: December 02, 2021, 01:09:55 PM »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1644 on: December 02, 2021, 01:12:16 PM »

I mean I've only listened to my songs once to see if they were instrumentals or not. :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.