Author Topic: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!  (Read 68543 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing??
« Reply #875 on: November 17, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »
I've heard only one Tool song and I thought it was kind of boring. But that was many years ago.

Which song was that, if you remember?

I go through phases with Tool where I listen to all their music consistently, and then don't listen to them for months.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #876 on: November 17, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
I've heard only one Tool song and I thought it was kind of boring. But that was many years ago.

It's the same song.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #877 on: November 17, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »

I go through phases with Tool where I listen to all their music consistently, and then don't listen to them for months.

Don't remember the song name, but it had like CGI worms or something in the music video.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #878 on: November 17, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »
I personally think Tool have some cool stuff, but in general they’re massively overrated and unreasonably deified for doing nothing noteworthy.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline HOF

« Reply #879 on: November 17, 2021, 03:16:35 PM »
Like Haken, Tool has one really cool album that I like (Lateralus), but I’ve never had any interest in owning any of their other albums. That’s as much Maynard as I can take.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: November 17, 2021, 03:17:32 PM »

Don't remember the song name, but it had like CGI worms or something in the music video.

Was that Schism I wonder?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #881 on: November 17, 2021, 03:18:15 PM »
Like Haken, Tool has one really cool album that I like (Lateralus), but I’ve never had any interest in owning any of their other albums. That’s as much Maynard as I can take.
you're not missing anything! the front half of 10,000 days is pretty solid i guess. the back half is boring. and aenema does nothing for me either.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: November 17, 2021, 03:18:25 PM »
Aenima made number 2 on my top 50, so there's my opinion on Tool.

Offline 425

« Reply #883 on: November 17, 2021, 03:32:35 PM »

Those don't look like the worms I remember. Going off of related videos, I think it's Vicarious. Those look more like the worms I remember.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline HOF

« Reply #884 on: November 17, 2021, 03:38:20 PM »

Those don't look like the worms I remember. Going off of related videos, I think it's Vicarious. Those look more like the worms I remember.

So many Tool worm videos.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #885 on: November 17, 2021, 04:11:52 PM »
Who sent you "Deep Peace"?

ProfessorPeart sent me it, and Stadler sent me the live version.

Sorry, that was meant for Stadler.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #886 on: November 17, 2021, 04:17:48 PM »
Who sent you "Deep Peace"?

ProfessorPeart sent me it, and Stadler sent me the live version.

Sorry, that was meant for Stadler.

I thought he said JBoy did.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #887 on: November 17, 2021, 04:37:59 PM »

So many Tool worm videos.

In my opinion, one worm video is too many worm videos.
And if spirit's a sign,

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: November 17, 2021, 05:22:07 PM »

Probably.  I haven't seen any of them for years.  Love Tool but their videos never really interested me.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #889 on: November 17, 2021, 05:44:27 PM »
Results stats..

12 of 17 scored worse than last round.
The average score of the round dropped by .20, which frankly surprised me. I thought it'd be more.

I thought there were 4 excellent tunes, and a couple of good ones. The rest were OK.

If I were ranking the albums by the average score of their submissions in this round it'd go:

Visions
Vector
Aquarius
Virus
The Mountain
Affinity

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #890 on: November 17, 2021, 05:59:11 PM »
hell yeah i'm screwed  :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #891 on: November 17, 2021, 06:39:12 PM »
hell yeah i'm screwed  :metal

You're one of the 5 ^s

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #892 on: November 17, 2021, 06:40:09 PM »
yummy green caret :2metal:

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #893 on: November 17, 2021, 06:57:52 PM »
If I were ranking the albums by the average score of their submissions in this round it'd go:

Visions
Vector
Aquarius
Virus
The Mountain
Affinity
Uh-oh.... :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline HOF

« Reply #894 on: November 17, 2021, 07:07:18 PM »

Visions
Vector
Aquarius
Virus
The Mountain
Affinity
Uh-oh.... :corn

Sorry guys, this is all my fault.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #895 on: November 17, 2021, 07:09:45 PM »
You're not the only one that sent 1985.

Offline 425

« Reply #896 on: November 17, 2021, 07:19:03 PM »
I would call this extremely medium news for me—looks like Drowning in the Flood did decently well, while In Memoriam might have bombed. But I'm not at all surprised that the right strategy was "TAC likes Dream Theater, so send songs from the most Dream Theater Haken album."
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #897 on: November 17, 2021, 07:25:09 PM »
I'm already rethinking my strategy. BTBAM is my dartboard round. I had Neal all picked, but am thinking about just saying screw it and not trying to be safe with both my picks. One is way out there already, thinking about just blowing it up.

Opeth might be my Wild Card round. PT is set, but I might blow that up as well. Still haven't picked Masto-tracks yet. He took Crack The Skye and H&G away.

Winning is for losers. Just go for broke.  :metal
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #898 on: November 17, 2021, 07:26:05 PM »
So...Haken..

Thank you everyone for all of the submissions. This was a real eye ear opening experience.
Here's what I think. There were a handful of songs that I really liked. I will definitely do a run through of their discography, and if they release anything new, I will definitely check it out.
If I can find 3 or 4 songs from each album that I really like, I'll be happy.

I found the vocals just fine. In some spots, he was excellent. On thing Haken does really well is write memorable choruses. Sometimes, they seamlessly appear out of nowhere.

I feel like some people have a DT snobbery against Haken. But even though they're not nearly as good or as musical  ;D, I believe they stand on their own as a quality band.

So, am I converted?

More yes than no!

Two for two DTF!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #899 on: November 17, 2021, 07:28:43 PM »
So we need to see them together Tim.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #900 on: November 17, 2021, 07:29:49 PM »
This is the one thing I love about exploring music and giving bands a chance. You never know what you might find!  :metal

Offline 425

« Reply #901 on: November 17, 2021, 07:30:00 PM »
I'm already rethinking my strategy. BTBAM is my dartboard round. I had Neal all picked, but am thinking about just saying screw it and not trying to be safe with both my picks. One is way out there already, thinking about just blowing it up.

Opeth might be my Wild Card round. PT is set, but I might blow that up as well. Still haven't picked Masto-tracks yet. He took Crack The Skye and H&G away.

Winning is for losers. Just go for broke.  :metal

I'm wild-carding on Neal Morse because I have no idea how TAC's going to react to pretty much anything I choose. I've got my choices lined up for Coheed and I know one of my Opeth choices. PT I think it literally doesn't matter because TAC isn't going to like them. But I'm definitely on board with the going for broke strategy on the whole. Gonna lean more into sending songs I like than trying to guess.

I still have not heard one note of BTBAM, and I've heard like one Mastodon song several years ago. Just gonna like read some reviews or something and decide. Don't have time to listen through a bunch of their stuff.

So...Haken..

Thank you everyone for all of the submissions. This was a real eye ear opening experience.
Here's what I think. There were a handful of songs that I really liked. I will definitely do a run through of their discography, and if they release anything new, I will definitely check it out.
If I can find 3 or 4 songs from each album that I really like, I'll be happy.

I found the vocals just fine. In some spots, he was excellent. On thing Haken does really well is write memorable choruses. Sometimes, they seamlessly appear out of nowhere.

I feel like some people have a DT snobbery against Haken. But even though they're not nearly as good or as musical  ;D, I believe they stand on their own as a quality band.

So, am I converted?

More yes than no!

Two for two DTF!!!

This is awesome! Glad to hear this went well for you.

I agree that memorable choruses are a real strength for Haken.
And if spirit's a sign,

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #902 on: November 17, 2021, 07:33:28 PM »
Rossults

Cyril

Falling Back To Earth.....8.8

Wow, this song was wonderful.

Interesting beginning. At about the :53 mark, this reminds me of Rishloo. The first 2:19 seems to set the song, giving way to the chorus, which is fantastic. I am all for the wanking from 2:37 -4:40, especially at 4:04 when it heavies up. While I do prefer my wanking in the first half of the section to be heavier, I can live with what it is. It’s still well composed. Nice classy section at 6:00 and it continues as the vocals join. Nice beefy riffing at 9:22. This song has patience without meandering. Love the soft bit before the final chorus explodes. So good.

Pareidolia....7.7

This song needs more listens, has a lot of potential.

This song, just in the first couple minutes feels so similar to a lot of things, though I’m having trouble placing the connections. The verses seem to move along uneventfully, but this has a really nice chorus. Has a cool instrumental section leading to a not quite haunting section at 4:40. This middle section does keep a decent pace even though it’s not rocking out. I feel like I like these middle couple of minutes over the first couple minutes of the song. 7:19…YES! This song ends strong, and it really takes its time getting there. A nice show of patience in the songwriting.
8.8+7.7=16.5/2=8.25

Romdrums

The Endless Knot....7.6

Lots going on in this relatively shorter song.

So, not sure what I was thinking when I posted the First Impression. The songs plods a bit for the first two minutes, but at the 2:00 mark, it goes into a nice vocal line. I don’t even mind the electronic treatments in the following part right before the awesome guitar solo. Nice vocal bridge after that. The slowdown at 4:00 is a nice touch building up to the final chorus.

Pareidolia....7.7

This song, just in the first couple minutes feels so similar to a lot of things, though I’m having trouble placing the connections. The verses seem to move along uneventfully, but this has a really nice chorus. Has a cool instrumental section leading to a not quite haunting section at 4:40. This middle section does keep a decent pace even though it’s not rocking out. I feel like I like these middle couple of minutes over the first couple minutes of the song. 7:19…YES! This song ends strong, and it really takes its time getting there. A nice show of patience in the songwriting.
7.7+7.6=15.3/2=7.65

LudwigVan

Prosthetic...7.5

This song rocks. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Heavy Haken!! The rhythm under the verses is really cool. I like the chorus. 3:30 is a nice section starting with the solo .4:19 -4:32 is the best part of the song.
I should like this song due to the relative heaviness, but at 6 minutes, it really doesn’t offer a lot. There are way too many other interesting bits and passages in this round.

The Endless Knot...7.6

Lots going on in this relatively shorter song.

So, not sure what I was thinking when I posted the First Impression. The songs plods a bit for the first two minutes, but at the 2:00 mark, it goes into a nice vocal line. I don’t even mind the electronic treatments in the following part right before the awesome guitar solo. Nice vocal bridge after that. The slowdown at 4:00 is a nice touch building up to the final chorus.
7.5+7.6=15.1/2=7.55

Kingshmegland

Veil....8.5

Pretty incredible song right here.

Starts out strong. Love the underneath at 2:22. This verse is cool, and the chorus is nice. I like the part at 3:37..keys/horns? Then the whole instrumental section that ends at 5:46 is awesome. I’ve heard some electronica try and poke its head out a couple of times, but thankfully they whack-a-mole-it. Nice solo at 7:17. The song mellows a bit for the next few minutes, but it still maintains my interest leading to a slightly wanky solo section…which I don’t mind in the least. Easily one of the strongest songs in the round.

Carousel...8.0

This is a good song, but there’s no way I can dissect it in one listen.

This begins with some nice vocals, and the band starts off great. It builds a bit. Right at 1:57 for a couple of seconds, I love what I think it's going to do.....but it reverts back to a verse. Overall though, I like the heaviness it begins with. I like the cool mellow part in the middle. The instrumental section that follows it is…I like these kinds of sections. Sets up that nice chorus that emerges from it. It ebbs and flows some more till the end. Listening to this, it reminded me in bits of Train Of Thought. This is a quality track.
8.5+8.0=16.5/2=8.25

Lonestar

Darkest Light....7.0

This song feels a lot longer than it is. Not necessarily a complaint, but more of an observation.

I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around this song. The structure seems simple enough, but this is probably the least pleasurable to the ears song in the round. The keyboards are kind of grating, and if Ross sang like this in every song, I’d be very upset.

Atlas Stone....7.5

The last two minutes of this was fantastic.

I like the piano it the intro. The chorus in the build up is a nice touch. It’s taken me a few listens to merge the verse with the chorus. So this has a jazzy section which, well, at least it’s not electronica. Quick nice solo follows it. That bass at 5:22…nice. Those are some sick vocals at the end.
7.0+7.5=14.5/2=7.25

Buddy

Veil....8.5

Pretty incredible song right here.

Starts out strong. Love the underneath at 2:22. This verse is cool, and the chorus is nice. I like the part at 3:37..keys/horns? Then the whole instrumental section that ends at 5:46 is awesome. I’ve heard some electronica try and poke its head out a couple of times, but thankfully they whack-a-mole-it. Nice solo at 7:17. The song mellows a bit for the next few minutes, but it still maintains my interest leading to a slightly wanky solo section…which I don’t mind in the least. Easily one of the strongest songs in the round.

Not quite as immediate as some of the other longer songs.

Starts off pretty upbeat. Ah..Asia keyboards and electronic drums? Is this the 80’s? Is this what they’re going for? Not sure about the verse. The chorus is nice though. I have to admit, this song is pretty easy on the ears, even if unspectacular. Can’t say I love this part at 4:40ish. But the part at 5:10 is pretty cool.
5:47 is definitely an 80’s style solo section. 6:56 Holy Octavarium, Batman! That final chorus seems so much stronger than before. I think the instrumentation is stronger underneath. The last minute or so, instrumentally is excellent.
8.5+7.5=16/2=8.0

Kwyjibo

Nocturnal Conspiracy....9.0

Wow! Holy shit!

So..the first 2:30 of this song is absolutely phenomenal. Ross is fucking nails in this section. Amazing control, rising seamlessly in a couple of impactful moments. And then to even crank it up for the nxt brief section.  2:58-3:19…so freaking good. Smoking solo at 4:22, and the instrumental section that follows it, but before the wank, is awesome. The following vocal ends with a Freddie Mercury note at 8:15. The vocal that begins at 9:23 is amazing. Now this I feel. The ride cymbal and electric piano between the vocals are so good. If I have one complaint, the final 30 seconds is quite underwhelming, but the previous 12 and a half minutes are amazing.

Deathless....8.5

One of the mellower songs, but has a nice steady pace and build.

This song is really beautiful. Such a luscious opening. I kept thinking, how are they going to muck this up? Real tasteful playing in these opening verses, particularly the piano and drums. The chorus totally fits the verse. I like the guitar behind the next verse. Needs some Gary Moore right there but this is really nice. The song beats to the same pulse for 8 minutes, but I don’t mind. This is a beautiful song. The piano at the end, appearing out of the song as the rest of the other instruments fall away is brilliant.
9.0+8.5=17.5/2=8.75

Drowning In The Flood....7.8

Strong Structural Disorder vibe on this one.

Interesting vocal to begin the song. I do like the second vocal section that ends with the song title. From 2:01—3:17 there’s an awesome guitar solo and then the keyboards join in. Not sure I love the keyboard choices in the section. At the halfway point it slows right down. 4:25-5:50 what a classy and moving passage. Even when the vocals join it, it stays amazing. The band becomes whole again at 6:50 for a really grand section. If this were DT, for the last entire minute we’d be going Jordan WTF?
This is a fantastic song, but I can’t help but feel it punts the ending.

In Memoriam....7.0

I hope this song grows. It was a bit underwhelming at first.

Not a favorite, unfortunately. It’s kind of annoyingly keyboard in the beginning, save for the very first piano intro.. The only part I like is at 3:03, which is really cool. The chorus isn’t bad, but not nearly as memorable as some of the others.
7.8+7.0=14.8/2=7.40

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #903 on: November 17, 2021, 07:33:56 PM »
Elite

Puzzle Box....7.7

Even the electronic section in the middle couldn’t ruin this.

Puzzle Box has a great opening, continuing under the verse. OK..2:19..WTF is this? Guest appearance by fucking Q-bert? But the short section that follows it at 2:45 is great! The eltronica at 3:28..I guess it’s supporting but I could really go with out it. The section on a whole is really cool and eerie. Comes back metal at 5:20.  5:57 wow! Great section. Love the melody. Great vocal section to wind the song down. The drumming is nails in this song too.

The Strain....7.8

On the short side for this round, but I thought it was excellent.

Nice tight drumming in the opening verses. I like this prechorus, electronica notwithstanding.
This has a great chorus too. The mellow part in the middle is classy. Nice guitars in it. Back into the chorus, which has been one of the earworms of the round. The vocals are really pleasant on this. Nice concise and memorable song.
7.7+7.8=15.5/2=7.75

HOF

Starts off pretty upbeat. Ah..Asia keyboards and electronic drums? Is this the 80’s? Is this what they’re going for? Not sure about the verse. The chorus is nice though. I have to admit, this song is pretty easy on the ears, even if unspectacular. Can’t say I love this part at 4:40ish. But the part at 5:10 is pretty cool.
5:47 is definitely an 80’s style solo section. 6:56 Holy Octavarium, Batman! That final chorus seems so much stronger than before. I think the instrumentation is stronger underneath. The last minute or so, instrumentally is excellent.

Lapse....7.5

This song starts a bit iffy, but builds nicely.

This has a U2 feel to it big time in the beginning. It’s quite pleasant. It’s really groovy during the guitar solo. The chorus is nice. There’s certainly nothing I’d point to that I didn’t like, but there’s a lot more intriguing songs in this round.
This is a safe submission, but I can see how you’d have an..um.. affinity to it.
7.5+7.5=15/2=7.50

Ariich

Falling Back To Earth....8.8

Interesting beginning. At about the :53 mark, this reminds me of Rishloo. The first 2:19 seems to set the song, giving way to the chorus, which is fantastic. I am all for the wanking from 2:37 -4:40, especially at 4:04 when it heavies up. While I do prefer my wanking in the first half of the section to be heavier, I can live with what it is. It’s still well composed. Nice classy section at 6:00 and it continues as the vocals join. Nice beefy riffing at 9:22. This song has patience without meandering. Love the soft bit before the final chorus explodes. So good.

8.8+7.5=16.3/2=8.15

Wolfking

Prosthetic....7.5

Heavy Haken!! The rhythm under the verses is really cool. I like the chorus. 3:30 is a nice section starting with the solo .4:19 -4:32 is the best part of the song.
I should like this song due to the relative heaviness, but at 6 minutes, it really doesn’t offer a lot. There are way too many other interesting bits and passages in this round.

Puzzle Box....7.7

Even the electronic section in the middle couldn’t ruin this.

Puzzle Box has a great opening, continuing under the verse. OK..2:19..WTF is this? Guest appearance by fucking Q-bert? But the short section that follows it at 2:45 is great! The eltronica at 3:28..I guess it’s supporting but I could really go with out it. The section on a whole is really cool and eerie. Comes back metal at 5:20.  5:57 wow! Great section. Love the melody. Great vocal section to wind the song down. The drumming is nails in this song too.
7.7+7.5=15.2/2=7.6

Puppies

Falling Back To Earth.....8.8

8.8+7.5=16.3/2=8.15

Evermind

Pareidolia....7.7

Drowning In The Flood....7.8

Strong Structural Disorder vibe on this one.

Interesting vocal to begin the song. I do like the second vocal section that ends with the song title. From 2:01—3:17 there’s an awesome guitar solo and then the keyboards join in. Not sure I love the keyboard choices in the section. At the halfway point it slows right down. 4:25-5:50 what a classy and moving passage. Even when the vocals join it, it stays amazing. The band becomes whole again at 6:50 for a really grand section. If this were DT, for the last entire minute we’d be going Jordan WTF?
This is a fantastic song, but I can’t help but feel it punts the ending.
7.7+7.8=15.5/2=7.75

ProfessorPeart

Prosthetic...7.5

Shapeshifter...7.7

Starting with a nice guitar solo, the second half of this song crushes.

Professor, I’ll try and listen to the trilogy, but for grading purposes, I’ll take this as a standalone song. It holds up as is. I really don’t feel it’s incomplete in any way. I feel like the first three minutes of this are fairly unexciting. I do like the part that starts around the three minute mark, something about vampires. Love the ride cymbal in that section. The solo at 4:00 is tasty. Simple and elegant. 5:23…so good. 6:48 reminds me of the ending of Only A Matter Of Time. It takes a bit, but when this song gets going, it’s pretty good.
7.5+7.7=15.2/2=7.60

Vmadera

Darkest Light...7.0

I hope this song grows. It was a bit underwhelming at first.

I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around this song. The structure seems simple enough, but this is probably the least pleasurable to the ears song in the round. The keyboards are kind of grating, and if Ross sang like this in every song, I’d be very upset.

Puzzle Box...7.7

This song crams a lot into it’s relatively short length. This will require more listens to break it down.

7.7+7.0=14.7/2=7.35

Stadler

Prosthetic....7.5

Carousel....8.0

This is a good song, but there’s no way I can dissect it in one listen.

This begins with some nice vocals, and the band starts off great. It builds a bit. Right at 1:57 for a couple of seconds, I love what I think it's going to do.....but it reverts back to a verse. Overall though, I like the heaviness it begins with. I like the cool mellow part in the middle. The instrumental section that follows it is…I like these kinds of sections. Sets up that nice chorus that emerges from it. It ebbs and flows some more till the end. Listening to this, it reminded me in bits of Train Of Thought. This is a quality track.
7.5+8.0=15.5/2=7.75

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #904 on: November 17, 2021, 07:34:16 PM »
Round 2 Standings!

Kwyjibo...8.75
Cryil....8.25
Kingshmegland...8.25
Ariich....8.15
Puppies...8.15
Buddy....8.0
Elite....7.75
Evermind....7.75
Stadler....7.75
Romdrums....7.65
Wolfking...7.60
Professor....7.60
LudwigVan...7.55
HOF...7.50
Vmadera...7.35
Lonestar....7.25

Standings!

Ariich...9.0+8.15=17.15
Puppies...8.60+8.15=16.75
Kwyjibo...7.80+8.75=16.55
Stadler...8.50+7.75=16.25
Evermind...8.20+7.75=15.95
Kingshmegland...7.70+8.25=15.95
LudwigVan...8.35+7.55=15.90
Romdrums...8.25+7.65=15.90
VMadera...8.45+7.35=15.80
Professor...8.20+7.6=15.80
Cyril...7.55+8.25=15.80
Wolfking...7.80+7.6=15.40
425...7.90+7.40=15.30
Elite...7.50+7.75=15.25
Buddy...7.05+8.15=15.20
HOF...7.65+7.50=15.15
Lonestar...7.80+7.25=15.05

As always, check my math!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? Rossults!
« Reply #905 on: November 17, 2021, 07:36:52 PM »
Let's get the BTBAM submissions in!!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #906 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:17 PM »
WOOOOOTTT!!!!

And sent!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #907 on: November 17, 2021, 07:47:28 PM »
Man, I should've played it a bit safer with my picks lol

Offline HOF

« Reply #908 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Hanging by a thread. Sent, begrudgingly (more like listened begrudgingly).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 08:01:04 PM by HOF »

Offline 425

« Reply #909 on: November 17, 2021, 07:57:24 PM »
Confirmed: I got too clever for my own good going with In Memoriam.

On the ending of Drowning in the Flood, I realized yesterday that the very end is a little strange when it's taken on its own, because it flows right into the next song. Glad you thought the song was fantastic otherwise, though! That 2:01 guitar section you called out is one of my favorite parts. 6:50, too. :tup

Looking at the standings, I feel like I'm far behind, but looking at the scores, it's all still pretty close.

I'll toss some darts at BTBAM songs soon.
And if spirit's a sign,