Author Topic: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!  (Read 68198 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing??
« Reply #1260 on: November 23, 2021, 07:56:51 PM »
Gonna get to the bottom of this roulette!

If that is your goal, you're gonna be disappointed with your score for this round.

It would only be fitting if my best score of the roulette comes in this round.

That would indeed be funny. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1261 on: November 23, 2021, 08:14:20 PM »
So...

Album rankings by scores..

Automata II
Paralax I
Coma Eliptica
Colors II
Automata I

No Parallax II? :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1262 on: November 23, 2021, 08:17:56 PM »
So...

Automata II
Paralax I
Coma Eliptica
Colors II
Parallax II
Automata I

No Parallax II? :lol

FIXED!  My brain is FRIED!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1263 on: November 23, 2021, 08:22:23 PM »
the music was too specular for you

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1264 on: November 23, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »
The music has put him into a Coma Eliptica

Sent for Rounds 4 and 5, btw.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1265 on: November 23, 2021, 08:31:54 PM »

We have a new person in first place and a new person in last place.

Results 2:30 PM Boston time tomorrow.

Yay me!

(Last place, that is)
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1266 on: November 23, 2021, 08:36:56 PM »

aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1267 on: November 23, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »
So...

Automata II
Paralax I
Coma Eliptica
Colors II
Paralax II
Automata I

As the soon to be old person in last place, this pleases me.

Offline 425

« Reply #1268 on: November 23, 2021, 09:24:35 PM »
If I remember correctly what albums mine came from, this looks like medium news for me.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1269 on: November 23, 2021, 10:10:41 PM »
Not bad with Parallax 1 in second place.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1270 on: November 24, 2021, 10:46:51 AM »
:soon:

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1271 on: November 24, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »
So...

Automata II
Paralax I
Coma Eliptica
Colors II
Paralax II
Automata I

Not looking too good for me  :sadpanda:
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1272 on: November 24, 2021, 12:05:40 PM »
 :corn

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1274 on: November 24, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »
So...Between The Buried And Me..

I had started a deep dive on BTBAM before the new DT album came out. Honestly, I had kind of had enough anyway. I liked the energy of the first album, and I thought they stepped it up on Colors and The Great Misdirect.
The harsh vocals for this band are atrocious. They just do not agree with me. But the band can sometimes soften the blow if the music underneath is restrained or melodic. But those vocals couples with frantic instrumentation is just a wall of sound that is just not pleasurable.
The thing is, their singer has an amazing clean voice. If he did a Corey Taylor type thing where he had a band and sang clean, I'd be all over it.
I also want to say that the drumming in this band is incredible. Like..INCREDIBLE.

The First Impressions often had no relation to the songs after more listens. It really took a lot to break these songs down. A few times for some of the longer songs, I pulled up the lyrics just to help me with the arrangements. If you sent a longer song, and it didn't score well, it's likely for two reasons:
1. First, there just wasn't enough time for the songs to grow on me, and I admit that may be the case, and..
2. I didn't like it! ;D

So while Devin Townsend was a definite win, and Haken was a slight win, to me, BTBAM is more like a push. There's a handful of tracks here that I like, and I will swap out some of the lesser tracks and replace them with tracks from the earlier albums and keep the playlist.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1275 on: November 24, 2021, 12:36:30 PM »
Five minutes late.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1276 on: November 24, 2021, 12:37:18 PM »
Between The Results And Me

Kingshmegland
The Coma Machine.....7.9

Interesting song that I can’t even link to early BTBAM that I have heard.

Tough to put my finger on the beginning. The dreamy section at 1:17 sets up the next section really well. Is it me, or do I hear CCR’s Up Around The Bend under the vocals?  The sections in this song all transition really well. This might be the easiest on the ears song in this round. Really pleasant.

Never Seen/Future Shock....7.8

The harsh vocal sections in this song are awful.

Ok, so the first two minutes feels like an intro with vocals. Too bad there are vocals though because the music is great underneath. I hear Michael Schenker right at 2:26. This next section is really nice with excellent clean vocals. The second half of the song is much more enjoyable. The chorus again at 10:24 is so nice. Great guitar underneath.
7.9+7.8=15.7/2=7.85

HOF
Fix The Error...8.1

This goes from Megadeth to Moby Dick to Helloween..and that’s just the first three minutes.

I love this song. This has a total Megadeth feel to it to start, and the drum solos are freaking awesome. I love the cowbell that keeps it continual. Right into a Helloween-ish section and solo. This song has a great pace that doesn’t hit you over the head with excessive playing.

Bad Habits...8.0

One of the leaders in the clubhouse.

I like the first couple of minutes musically. The ongoing lead guitar is cool.
I’m having trouble placing the guitar line at 2:09, but it sounds familiar somehow. Feels Schenkerish. 4:51 has a total Slayer feel briefly. I literally got goosebumps at 5:14. That is wicked Michael Schenker for 30 seconds straight off of Assault Attack. WOW! The songs ends really sweet.
8.1+8.0=16.1/2=8.05

Cyril
Specular Reflection...8.3

The cleans in this were excellent. Fantastic ending.

The beginning reminds me of the storm in Empire Of The Clouds.
A harsh section to start. I feel like it’s an initiation where that you have to go through to get to the good part of the song. But right at 1:38 with the syncopated section is awesome with fantastic drumming.
The harshies from 1:59-2:19 really do a good job of being right on the rhythm underneath. At 3:45 we hear that great clean vocal line for the first time. It really sticks. The harsh vocal section around 7:00 has song great playing underneath culminating in Anthrax style at 8:20. The next section is really cool. Gotta live through some more harshies until the payoff at 9:48.
I really like a lot of this song, might be my favorite clean vocal, even if it’s a repeated line.

Blot...7.6

That was a lot to chew on.

Has a  DT sounding intro. I don’t love the harshies in the opening verses. The clean chorus is nice though. I like the little bit at 5:22 that sets up the next section. Kind of mellow for a bit. I like the “I won’t remember me” part. Don’t love the harshies that follow, though the riffing is awesome.
8.3+7.6=15.9/2=7.95

Romdrums
Specular Reflection....8.3

A harsh section to start. I feel like it’s an initiation where that you have to go through to get to the good part of the song. But right at 1:38 with the syncopated section is awesome with fantastic drumming.
The harshies from 1:59-2:19 really do a good job of being right on the rhythm underneath. At 3:45 we hear that great clean vocal line for the first time. It really sticks. The harsh vocal section around 7:00 has song great playing underneath culminating in Anthrax style at 8:20. The next section is really cool. Gotta live through some more harshies until the payoff at 9:48.
I really like a lot of this song, might be my favorite clean vocal, even if it’s a repeated line.

Turn On The Darkness...8.2

I liked this. I couldn’t tell you what I just heard, but I liked it.

Enjoying the opening. I really do like this guy’s clean voice. The harsh vocals are tolerable as the music isn’t as frantic underneath. This song feels a bit more direct. Reminds me a bit of Kansas a bit in the middle. The harshes later in the song are well supported by the music.
This is this round’s Deathless I think. Somewhat tame compared to the rest, but simply downright enjoyable.
8.3+8.2=16.5/2=8.25

LudwigVan
Astral Body....7.3

Has some older elements to it.

The intro to this is excellent. The harsh vocal really isn’t that bad, because the music underneath it doesn’t compete with it. The middle clean section is nice enough. I like the second harsh section less than the first. Did I miss an instrumental/solo section? This feels kind of incomplete. I see it’s the first track on the album, so it’s leading in to something else. As a stand alone song, it feels a bit short.
For the second round in a row, the most sent song feels kind of…disappointing.

Condemned To the Gallows...7.4

Really nice song with bits that don’t hit you over the head.

This is actually a decent song, but it is really unremarkable. There’s no part that really jumps out at me a differentiates itself. There’s really nothing I don’t like about it, but I just didn’t find it all that memorable.
7.3+7.4=14.7/2=7.35

Lonestar
King Redeem/Queen Serene...7.9

This song is fucked up, which I know could also be said for any other track in the playlist.

Wow, what a nice opening.  The harsh and cleans mixed together for a bit is interesting, but when the cleans separate at 3:07, I like that. Nice groove there. 4:30…Wow! 4:50..um..not wow. Really cool playing at 5:15. Great piano outro.
This song really grew on me. I wasn’t sure on first listen, but it became one of my favorites.

Voice Of Trespass..7.8

The reminds me of Riot’s Privilege Of Power and just when did David Lee Roth join BTBAM?

The horns at the beginning reminds me Riot’s Privilege Of Power. Sounds like Dave Mustaine in the beginning. I do like the feel of this. It is definitely different than anything else. Cool part at 4:22. I like the use of the bells after the “Wake Up”.  The “Comdemned To The Gallows part is great. The guitar underneath is really classy. This song starts off kind of hokey but ends epically.
7.9+7.8=15.7/2=7.85

Puppies
The Proverbial Bellow..8.5

I love the large amount of clean vocals in this song.

What a great two minutes plus intro! Wow! I like the use of the keyboards in the next section with nice clean vocals. Nice chorus at 4:55. 6:20 -7:00 is nails.  The song alternates between strong melodic passages with a smattering of harsh vocals separating the parts for effect. I hear some of Iron Maiden’s S-15 at 9:25. The guitar outro on this is amazing.

Bad Habits...8.0

One of the leaders in the clubhouse.

I like the first couple of minutes musically. The ongoing lead guitar is cool.
I’m having trouble placing the guitar line at 2:09, but it sounds familiar somehow. Feels Schenkerish. 4:51 has a total Slayer feel briefly. I literally got goosebumps at 5:14. That is wicked Michael Schenker for 30 seconds straight off of Assault Attack. WOW! The songs ends really sweet.
8.5+8.0=16.5/2=8.25

Professor
Monochrome....7.0

Starts out pleasant and goes downhill from there.

Starts off mellow for the first minute and the at 1:07 comes the best section of the song, which sounds like a slowed down version of Steve Miller’s Abracadabra. Unfortunately is a playlist of monsters, this really comes up short.

Millions...7.0

A short song with clean vocals.  Doesn’t go anywhere though.

Oddly, this song might have benefitted from having harsh vocals do the verse. The chorus is just fine as it is. The guitar at 2:28 is nice.
There’s not much else to say about this song. It’s just kind of there.
7.0+7.0=14/2=7.0

Lunar Wilderness...7.9

I couldn’t wait for this to end. That is, until I got to the ending.

The beginning of this reminds me a bit of Lock Vostock’s Expiry Date Of The Soul Of Man.  Vocal part is ..ugh. Classy solo at 2:17. Lots of fast playing harsh vocals for the next few minutes which is not pleasurable in any way. Badass riff at 5:10. A much needed ear cleansing begins around 6:20. The guitar underneath the cleans here at the end of the song is excellent.

Lay Your Ghosts To Rest...7.4

I have no idea what I just heard.

Jeez, jumps right in, doesn’t it? Once the first 90 seconds of hazing is complete, I like what’s going on. Kind of light hearted. The section at 2:30 is great. Nice vocals. I could do without the harsh vocal section that follows. It’s too fucking much. The vocals on top of the blast beats is simply a wall of sound that is practically unlistenable. 6:30 to the end of the song is outstanding.
Really struggled with what to do with this song. I liked everything except for the harsh vocal sections.
7.9+7.4=15.3/2=7.65

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1277 on: November 24, 2021, 12:37:37 PM »
Kwyjibo
The Coma Machine....7.9

Interesting song that I can’t even link to early BTBAM that I have heard.

Tough to put my finger on the beginning. The dreamy section at 1:17 sets up the next section really well. Is it me, or do I hear CCR’s Up Around The Bend under the vocals?  The sections in this song all transition really well. This might be the easiest on the ears song in this round. Really pleasant.

Condemned To The Gallows....7.4

This is actually a decent song, but it is really unremarkable. There’s no part that really jumps out at me a differentiates itself. There’s really nothing I don’t like about it, but I just didn’t find it all that memorable.
7.9+7.4=15.3=7.65

Wolfking
Specular Reflection...8.3

Lunar Wilderness....7.9

I couldn’t wait for this to end. That is, until I got to the ending.

The beginning of this reminds me a bit of Lock Vostock’s Expiry Date Of The Soul Of Man.  Vocal part is ..ugh. Classy solo at 2:17. Lots of fast playing harsh vocals for the next few minutes which is not pleasurable in any way. Badass riff at 5:10. A much needed ear cleansing begins around 6:20. The guitar underneath the cleans here at the end of the song is excellent.
8.3+7.9=16.2/2=8.10

Ariich
Lay Your Ghosts To Rest....7.4

Jeez, jumps right in, doesn’t it? Once the first 90 seconds of hazing is complete, I like what’s going on. Kind of light hearted. The section at 2:30 is great. Nice vocals. I could do without the harsh vocal section that follows. It’s too fucking much. The vocals on top of the blast beats is simply a wall of sound that is practically unlistenable. 6:30 to the end of the song is outstanding.
Really struggled with what to do with this song. I liked everything except for the harsh vocal sections.

Silent Flight Parliament....7.8

Well, that was extremely musical.

The minute and a half intro sounds promising. The harsh vocal section for the next few minutes is not good vocally, but there is some sick playing underneath, especially the drumming. A hectic part follows..tough to break down, really, but again, crazy ass playing. The section at 7:40 is a nice respite. The acoustic at 9:29 is a great touch. The clean vocal at 10:10. Cool instrumental section and the cleans that come after are excellent. Ooh Anneke! Er..what..what’s not Anneke..ok but they are interesting tio mix. Even the harsh vocals have a steady rhythm underneath which makes them more palatable. Grand ending that even those harshies at the end can’t ruin.
Overall, I really liked this. Great playing throughout. Not a fan of the harsh section early on. That was the only hurdle.
7.4+7.8=15.2/2=7.60

Evermind
Astral Body....7.3

The intro to this is excellent. The harsh vocal really isn’t that bad, because the music underneath it doesn’t compete with it. The middle clean section is nice enough. I like the second harsh section less than the first. Did I miss an instrumental/solo section? This feels kind of incomplete. I see it’s the first track on the album, so it’s leading in to something else. As a stand alone song, it feels a bit short.

Revolution In Limbo....7.8

Musically this is amazing.

After its harsh opening, The clean “Over and Over” line is welcomed, as is the nice clean section that follows. I really like the music under the harshies at 4:28. The Bolero part is pretty decent, and the return of the clean chorus. Great guitar here towards the end. This would make a fantastic instrumental.
7.3-7.8=15.1/2=7.55

Vmadera
Extremophile Elite...7.8

I hear a lot of Dream Theater in this.

Musically, this is pretty crazy. I hear a lot of DT in this. Moment Of Betrayal at 3:00 for instance.  At the end of the day though, I don’t think I can give this a sufficient amount of listens to truly break this down. I like the “Surround Me’ part around 6:30 and the instrumental section that follows is excellent. I hear some Home when the vocals come back in.
I would really need to live with this one for a while. My reaction here is that it’s pretty good. Something that could grow over time. Time we just don’t have right now.

Fix The Error....8.1

This goes from Megadeth to Moby Dick to Helloween..and that’s just the first three minutes.

I love this song. This has a total Megadeth feel to it to start, and the drum solos are freaking awesome. I love the cowbell that keeps it continual. Right into a Helloween-ish section and solo. This song has a great pace that doesn’t hit you over the head with excessive playing.
7.8+8.1=15.9/2=7.95

Elite
Lay Your Ghosts To Rest....7.4

Really struggled with what to do with this song. I liked every thing except for the harsh vocal sections.

Voice Of Trespass....7.8

The reminds me of Riot’s Privilege Of Power and just when did David Lee Roth join BTBAM?

The horns at the beginning reminds me Riot’s Privilege Of Power. Sounds like Dave Mustaine in the beginning. I do like the feel of this. It is definitely different than anything else. Cool part at 4:22. I like the use of the bells after the “Wake Up”.  The “Comdemned To The Gallows part is great. The guitar underneath is really classy. This song starts off kind of hokey but ends epically.
7.4+7.8=15.2/2=7.60

Buddy
Astral Body....7.3

Memory Palace....8.2

The part right before the actual ending is Schenkeriffic!

Another 90 second intro that is really inviting. I like the ix between the harshies and the cleans in the beginning. The harshies used for effect. This guys cleans are really nice, so much more than other bands that go back and forth. The part at 7:48 reminds me a lot of Michael Schenker. I like the section after that closes the song.
7.3+8.2=15.5/2=7.75

Chadler
Astral Body....7.3

Condemned To The Gallows....7.4

7.3+7.4=14.7/2=7.35

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1278 on: November 24, 2021, 12:37:57 PM »
Round 3 Standings

Puppies....8.25
Romdrums....8.25
Wolfking....8.10
HOF....8.05
Cyril....7.95
Vmadera....7.95
Kingshmegland....7.85
Lonestar....7.85
Buddy....7.75
Kwyjibo....7.65
Elite....7.60
Ariich....7.60
Evermind....7.55
LudwigVan....7.35
Stadler....7.35
Professor....7.0

Standings

Puppies...8.60+8.15+8.25=25.00
Ariich...9.0+8.15+7.60=24.75
Kwyjibo...7.80+8.75+7.65=24.20
Romdrums...8.25+7.65+8.25=24.15
Kingshmegland...7.70+8.25+7.85=23.80
VMadera...8.45+7.35+7.95=23.75
Cyril...7.55+8.25+7.95=23.75
Stadler...8.50+7.75+7.35=23.60
Evermind...8.20+7.75+7.55=23.50
Wolfking...7.80+7.6+8.10=23.50
LudwigVan...8.35+7.55+7.35=23.25
HOF...7.65+7.50+8.05=23.20
425...7.90+7.40+7.65=22.95
Buddy...7.05+8.15+7.75=22.95
Lonestar...7.80+7.25+7.85=22.90
Elite...7.50+7.75+7.60=22.85
Professor...8.20+7.6+7.0=22.80

Check my math!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1279 on: November 24, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Whoops!  Sorry Stads.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1280 on: November 24, 2021, 12:42:09 PM »
I need a new dartboard.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1281 on: November 24, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »
It's okay for a band I don't really know.  :D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1282 on: November 24, 2021, 12:47:24 PM »
 :justjen  If I thought I hated BTBAM before, this just puts the rubber stamp on it.  :lol
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1283 on: November 24, 2021, 12:48:02 PM »
:justjen  If I thought I hated BTBAM before, this just puts the rubber stamp on it.  :lol

:lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1284 on: November 24, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »
Damn, I considered The Proverbial Below as an Automata entry too, was so close but so far  :lol

I'll take that though. Anyways I'll diceroll for fail more tonight or something idk call me back when we get to round 5

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1285 on: November 24, 2021, 01:10:42 PM »
Eh, okay I guess.

425, I'll roll some dice and send you some Neal Morse stuff so you could verify it for the vocal Nealness tomorrow.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline 425

« Reply #1286 on: November 24, 2021, 01:16:19 PM »
Okay, didn't win the round or even come close, so I guess I'm going to remain in the dark on what my submissions sound like! Middle of the pack is fine for me on a complete unknown, but I need to start stepping it up over the next few artists if I want to contend here.

Evermind and anyone else who wants to check vocals, my PM inbox is open.
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1287 on: November 24, 2021, 01:18:05 PM »
Let's get the Neal Morse songs in!
Again, when I added this round, I didn't realize he wasn't the singer, or main singer in all of his songs. But as long as he's 50%, it should be ok. The goal is to listen to him, but if another guy sings a chorus or something like that, that should be fine.

Also, I have been asked by a fellow forumer who considers themself a Neal Morse expert. So much so, that, they will assume a handicap, that once all of the "best songs" are sent, they will pick two songs not sent to submit.

Their score will have no bearing on any of your scores, but I will grade them on the side for the hell of it.

Offline 425

« Reply #1288 on: November 24, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
Also, I have been asked by a fellow forumer who considers themself a Neal Morse expert. So much so, that, they will assume a handicap, that once all of the "best songs" are sent, they will pick two songs not sent to submit.

Their score will have no bearing on any of your scores, but I will grade them on the side for the hell of it.

This is cool, because I was sort of torn between wanting to do well and wanting to give you a diverse range of his music. As a result I used one of my spots to send something that I expect to be a really popular choice. So it will be nice to have someone sending songs just out of the motivation of wanting you to hear more.

Do we get to know who it is? Kev? Letter M?
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1289 on: November 24, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »

This is cool, because I was sort of torn between wanting to do well and wanting to give you a diverse range of his music. As a result I used one of my spots to send something that I expect to be a really popular choice. So it will be nice to have someone sending songs just out of the motivation of wanting you to hear more.

Not anytime soon.. ;D

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1290 on: November 24, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »

Not anytime soon.. ;D

MP?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1291 on: November 24, 2021, 01:48:01 PM »
You got one thing absolutely right in your assessment, Blake Richardson is a top drummer. Like top 5 for me. He is a fucking beast.

Sent happy Christian tunes.

Offline 425

« Reply #1292 on: November 24, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »

Not anytime soon.. ;D

MP?

TAC's made too many negative comments about MP's vocals for that to be possible. :lol
And if spirit's a sign,

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1293 on: November 24, 2021, 02:01:30 PM »

Not anytime soon.. ;D

MP?

Um...no.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1294 on: November 24, 2021, 02:07:25 PM »

Trying to narrow down the songs.  I'll work on that tonight.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC