News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

HOLY JESUS - ITS SECRET SANTA 2021 - First video up!

Started by Dr. DTVT, November 06, 2021, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. DTVT

Thank jingle.boy for bringing this to my attention.  With shipping being redonkulous, not sure how many will participate but lets give it a go.

Rules:
*  Don't tell anyone who you have.  If you need gift ideas, PM me and I will contact your SS, or you can post suggestions for yourself in this thread once the matchmaking is done.
*  Gifts should be around $30 not including shipping.
*  Plan on shipping your gift at least a week before someone's "Need by" date.  Different people might have different dates, be courteous to your recipient.  This includes being late, try not to be too late.
*  Pictures or video of you opening is required.  Video preferred.
*  There is a minimum "notoriety" requirement.  Due to my lack of activity, I will defer decisions of new people to a counsel of trusted users.  In all but two cases, the person who fails to give a gift is a newbie.  A repeat of seven years ago non-participants is unacceptable.
*  You must provide me with tracking information.  I have two suggestions to do this and one for keeping shipping down:
1) Buy from Amazon or other online vendor that provides you a tracking number.  HOWEVER, they will ship it fast, so if you want to go that route, send the participant a card with a letter (which some of us do anyway), and send it a week before you order.  Address it to the person and their handle so they know it is from DTF.  In the letter state their gift will come direct from the vendor(s) and wish have fun with the rest.
2)  USPS isn't that bad usually, I have sent things three day for about $10 in the past.  Make sure you have a tracking number to give me if I ask for it.
*NEW FOR THIS YEAR* If you have Nick, send it by FedEx.  He will appreciate it  ;D

gmillerdrake

In like Flynn. North America

Thanks again Mason!

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Lonk

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on November 06, 2021, 05:12:48 PM

*NEW FOR THIS YEAR* If you have Nick, send it by FedEx.  He will appreciate it  ;D

And be sure to consult the Registry.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Adami

[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

MinistroRaven

Dr. DTVT

MinistroRaven

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on November 07, 2021, 08:27:42 PM
Quote from: MinistroRaven on November 07, 2021, 08:13:21 AM
I am in!

How much is it going to cost to ship to Peru?

I can receive in my address in Miami.

It just need to be typed EXACTLY as below:

Jorge Pozo VE45010
11421 NW 39TH ST
DORAL, FL 33178-4843

Ben_Jamin

Hyperplex

bout to crash

Adami

[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

King Postwhore

Nick

chknptpie

hefdaddy42

I have somehow never taken part in this.

I would like to, if it's OK.

Thanks, Chad!
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Chino

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

lonestar

Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

Hyperplex

I don't even see myself on the list. I don't think....maybe. No idea.

gmillerdrake

cramx3

Sad to say it, but I think I need to step away from the fun this year.  Going to be in europe the two weeks right before Christmas and I just don't think this works out easily into my schedule this year to not only get a gift going but to receive and do a video for a gift either.  I expect to be participating again next year, but timing is not on my side this year. 

gmillerdrake

Quote from: cramx3 on November 09, 2021, 01:24:16 PM
Sad to say it, but I think I need to step away from the fun this year.  Going to be in europe the two weeks right before Christmas and I just don't think this works out easily into my schedule this year to not only get a gift going but to receive and do a video for a gift either.  I expect to be participating again next year, but timing is not on my side this year.

This saddens me  :'(    But, it's understandable.

Chino

Fair warning to whoever gets me - I will be out of state on Vacation from 12/21-12/28. If my item comes during that time, my video will have to wait till I'm back. Don't rush yourself though :)

lonestar

Quote from: Chino on November 09, 2021, 01:45:28 PM
Fair warning to whoever gets me - I will be out of state on Vacation from 12/21-12/28. If my item comes during that time, my video will have to wait till I'm back. Don't rush yourself though :)

With the shit storm that identifies as today's retail shipping infrastructure, we'll be watching videos well into January anyways. Don't trip.

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

King Postwhore

Quote from: lonestar on November 09, 2021, 07:03:29 PM
Quote from: Chino on November 09, 2021, 01:45:28 PM
Don't trip brah.

More like this brah.

splent

Dr. DTVT

Quote from: Hyperplex on November 09, 2021, 12:31:17 PM
I don't even see myself on the list. I don't think....maybe. No idea.

White Omar Little

Dr. DTVT

I’m cutting off sign ups Monday when I get back from Chicago