Author Topic: Symbols you find interesting or identify with  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Symbols you find interesting or identify with
« on: November 04, 2021, 09:09:57 PM »
Just something that was on my mind.

I'll start things off with the  Ouroboros

I think it ultimately has a different meaning, but to me I see the concept of repetition of cycles and how it can be self destructive. Like as a person with flaws and having aspects of myself I want to grow past, but failing and repeating the same destructive patterns.

Its like a reminder of the consequences of failing to break the cycle and I've always been drawn to it as a symbol.

How about you guys. Are the any symbols that you find interesting, that you identify with or find meaningful?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Symbols you find interesting or identify with
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 07:27:40 AM »
Just something that was on my mind.

I'll start things off with the  Ouroboros

I think it ultimately has a different meaning, but to me I see the concept of repetition of cycles and how it can be self destructive. Like as a person with flaws and having aspects of myself I want to grow past, but failing and repeating the same destructive patterns.

Its like a reminder of the consequences of failing to break the cycle and I've always been drawn to it as a symbol.

How about you guys. Are the any symbols that you find interesting, that you identify with or find meaningful?

Agreed, and also how everything in nature is cyclical. Not a fan of Bible but "From dust to dust..." and all that. Ouroboros is actually a form of infinity symbol, would get a tattoo of it if anyone and their grandma didn't already have it :lol
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 07:48:45 AM »
All I see is a dragon pleasuring himself, but that's just me  :|
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 08:13:49 AM »
I have no ink - and the odds are better than 50-50 that that won't change - but if it ever was to change, there's no doubt that it would be the Eye of Horus.

I don't think there's any literal basis for that - the symbol varies (depending on which eye it is) but generally refers to health, well-being and protection, but I think there's a sort of comfort there and a sort of peace to that.  I don't know. I just like it.