Author Topic: Dream Theater- Band Trivia! video on YouTube  (Read 1970 times)

Offline The Letter M

Dream Theater- Band Trivia! video on YouTube
« on: October 27, 2021, 02:15:02 PM »
https://youtu.be/NUkw_mWPhNQ

The band try to answer 15 trivia questions!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Dream Theater- Band Trivia! video on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 02:16:20 PM »
The NOMAC question was definitely fantastic to see them respond to.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 02:40:09 PM »
That was nice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 02:49:46 PM »
Performing Dissappear 2 times is a big crime.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Mr.Mister

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 03:03:38 PM »
fun!

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
Can anyone explain the "Bonus disc" coupon for A Change of Seasons? Never heard of that.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 04:19:02 PM »
Performing Dissappear 2 times is a big crime.

It's two too many.

Can anyone explain the "Bonus disc" coupon for A Change of Seasons? Never heard of that.

Ditto that...I bought ACOS when it came out, and if there had been such a coupon, I absolutely would have redeemed it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
Ditto that...I bought ACOS when it came out, and if there had been such a coupon, I absolutely would have redeemed it.
It was only available in Japan, and even then, just because you submitted the coupon, there was no guarantee that you would received one of them. It's a 3" CD with Tears on it. They are SUPER rare. I think even MP has only one copy in his collection.

This is what it looks like:
http://ymfr.free.fr/index.php?title=Tears_%28Promo_CD%29
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »
Such a fun video!

Excellent comments too:

I like how every year they look more and more like characters out of a tolkien book

"The battle of Jimmy Coco & The Fish face", words I never expected to hear from Myung.
Or anyone else, to be fair.

Mike Portnoy probably remembers stuff like how many people were in the audience at Budokan and the pair of socks he was wearing during the last gig of the 1998 tour.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:02:18 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 12:31:09 AM »
JLB had a real "...Beartracks???" thing going on in the beginning  :lol but he redeemed himself with the actually important questions!

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline pg1067

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 10:46:34 AM »
It was only available in Japan, and even then, just because you submitted the coupon, there was no guarantee that you would received one of them. It's a 3" CD with Tears on it. They are SUPER rare. I think even MP has only one copy in his collection.

That explains it.  Kinda surprised they knew that.

I'm also curious about the ballet routine based on Enigma Machine.  James's response, "They did WHAT??"   :lol

Not even JP could name the 5 NOMAC tracks on TA (or even any of them), and JR asked, "there's five of them?"

And JM ALMOST smiled when he answered about the number pages in the TA book.

"How many times has DT played Disappear?"  MM:  "None!  It disappeared!"   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2021, 10:57:15 AM »
I love how Mike had to answer about stuff from years and years before he joined the band and he just guessed things and got more accurate answers than some of the other guys :rollin
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 11:17:52 AM »
I'm also curious about the ballet routine based on Enigma Machine.  James's response, "They did WHAT??"   :lol

Answered my own question and now wish I hadn't:  http://www.prog-sphere.com/news/dream-theater-ballet/

I'm not competent to critique any dancing -- much less ballet -- but that's a real head-scratcher.  And, honestly, if you had told me this was the official video for the song, I might believe it.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »

Ah, yes I've seen that. I didn't know the story behind it, though. Very cool.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 09:13:51 PM »
"How many times has DT played Disappear?"  MM:  "None!  It disappeared!"   :lol

I love how he said that with his infectious Mangini smile, then just dropped the correct answer as a complete guess, one that he looked like he wasn't even trying to get right.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'