Author Topic: Highlight moments of AVFTTOTW for you?  (Read 4594 times)

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: Highlight moments of AVFTTOTW for you?
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2021, 04:13:44 PM »
:angry: WHEN IT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!

You stole mine.

Come on, can't be that bad!  :lol

My highlight moment is the first 2 vocal section of View. The old gold James I'm feelin'...  :hat
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline DT1138

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2021, 06:14:33 PM »
Plenty for me.  Overall, I think it's a really good-sounding album and I can hear every instrument pretty clearly, especially in the car which is saying something.

1.  The Alien
- I love how it starts:  No fade in, no quiet intros, it just hits you right in the face with a barrage of sound.
- JP's beautiful solo before the vocals come in
- 5:25 - MM's drum work is subtle but stands out
- JP's second solo is right on the beat
- The fact that I can hear JM's bass clicking and chugging thru the whole song

2.  Answering The Call
- JR's overall keyboard parts and accents really stand out.  I probably like his solo on this one the most also.
- I'm getting sick of low B-tuned songs in general, but that groovy riffage/solo work starting at 4:24 is awesome

3.  Invisible Monster
- Interesting tonal shifts between using E minor/E major within the verses
- 3:30's Breakdown section
- 4:05 - JP's solo on this track is probably the one moves me the most.  The harmonized section in G minor is beautiful (4:23) and then he starts building up speed (4:28)  But then he kicks it in the ass even faster yet (4:32) and does some totally awesome runs until he hits that last A note.  I will be envious of anyone that gets to stand in front of him at a live show and see him do that one up close.

4.  Sleeping Giant
- 0:53 - That oddly timed riff that starts and the buildup that happens as it goes along
- 2:49 - Very lush vocal chorus, and that last chord with "...doesn't make a sound" is beautiful
- All of the verses in general.  I feel like I can hear JLB best on this one.
- Another beautiful JP solo

5.  Transcending Time
- JP's solo.  Otherwise it's my least fav track on the album...

6. Awaken The Master
- I'm impressed that JP overall very tastefully used with the 8 String guitar (I hope he never plays anything lower than what he did here, however - It's almost bordering on unintelligible as it is).
- 1:36 - JR's piano is beautiful here.
- 3:37 - Excellent Chorus section

7. A View From On Top of the World
- Great intro overall (too many details to mention)
- 7:24 - I like the weirdness starting here, very Frank Zappa-ish
- The breakdown section has some really beautiful moments
- 13:57 - JR's piano runs totally kick ass
- 19:49 - The final chord/fade out/restart of the guitar chugging...

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 03:57:58 PM »
The title track chorus....  granted, the misheard lyric isn't as classic as 'excuse me, while I kiss this guy'...  but when I listened to it today, instead of 'The View From The Top Of The World', it sounded to me like...  " the blue bird on top of the wall" .

So now it's like "Burning rose, special sauce, Moment of Betrayal" every time I hear it    :D
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!