Author Topic: The "Transcending Time" Thread  (Read 6673 times)

Offline Architeuthis

Re: The "Transcending Time" Thread
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2021, 12:28:27 AM »
I like this song a lot but the people saying it doesn't sound like Rush to them are freaking me out. If Dream Theater said they licensed old Alex Lifesons recording for this song and remixed them I'd believe it.
To me it's more like Rush, Yes, and Boston mixed together but still Dream Theater.  That's about as melodic as you can get..  🎶
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline TheBarstoolWarrior

• PR permission
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2021, 04:53:46 PM »
I like this song a lot but the people saying it doesn't sound like Rush to them are freaking me out. If Dream Theater said they licensed old Alex Lifesons recording for this song and remixed them I'd believe it.

Yeah, I don't get how one could not hear it either. Alex Lifeson's influence on JP is so evident in this song, as it is in Looking Glass and many other songs. JP even mentions Rush when he talks about TT in the documentary.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2021, 01:37:04 PM »
JP has made it no secret that Rush is his favorite band of all time..   :coolio
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »
This is my weakest song on the new album.

It's like Barstool Warrior II - but not as good (imo obviously).

It's the only one that hasn't really clicked with me.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2021, 01:57:41 PM »
I like this song a lot but the people saying it doesn't sound like Rush to them are freaking me out.
Not the first time I've freaked you out, baby.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.