News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Sony Pictures' Venom: The Last Dance, coming October 2024

Started by Fiery Winds, October 03, 2021, 08:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiery Winds

Saw this with my brother yesterday, wasn't expecting much given the first one, but it was a fun movie, if not quite at the level we've come to expect from Marvel movies proper. If you liked/tolerated the first, you'll probably enjoy this one.

Regarding the end credits scene (massive spoiler beyond this particular movie):

I was anticipating something happening to bring Venom into the MCU, but this still managed to surprise me as it happened. I imagine this is a somewhat difficult spoiler to manage now that this character/franchise is part of the MCU.

The Letter M

Caught a showing yesterday evening with a friend and we both enjoyed it! I thought it was a bit better than the first Venom for the most part, but it had some pacing issues in the first act (which felt like they gutted/edited a lot of characterization from Cletus just to get the story going along). The action in the final act was pretty fun and a lot better to see/understand than the final act fight Venom 1 - it helped that Carnage is red and contrasts well with Venom and the surroundings (where as Riot was similarly colored to Venom and the whole rocket area seemed very homogeneous-looking from what I remember.

As for that mid-credits scene... I was shocked... floored... amazed. As soon as I heard the voice on the TV, I was both confused and elated at what happened. I hope we see a follow-up to that very soon!

-Marc.

hefdaddy42

Haven't seen it yet (or the first one either), but now I guess I have to lol
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

MinistroRaven

The Letter M

I debated making a new topic for Venom: The Last Dance, but I figured there wasn't going to be enough interest for a brand new thread when this one didn't even get more than three replies, so here's the trailer for the third (and supposedly final) Venom film:

https://youtu.be/__2bjWbetsA

If someone could change the thread title to "Sony Pictures' Venom: The Last Dance, coming October 2024", that'd be appreciated!

-Marc.

Zantera

Tom Hardy being cast as Eddie Brock was such a great move and someone most people were fan-casting for the role but this franchise has just been a big pile of 'meh' for me. Weirdly enough they got the character more right in Spider-Man 3, to me at least. But the decision to make a Venom movie with no ties to Spider-Man to begin with was kinda strange.

I watched the trailer for this and it could be stupid fun but all I could think of was Marlon Brando going "Look how they massacred my boy"  :lol

hefdaddy42

Quote from: The Letter M on June 04, 2024, 12:45:26 PM
If someone could change the thread title to "Sony Pictures' Venom: The Last Dance, coming October 2024", that'd be appreciated!

-Marc.
You got it
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

MinistroRaven