Author Topic: Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Spoilers)  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Spoilers)
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:05:34 PM »
Saw this with my brother yesterday, wasn't expecting much given the first one, but it was a fun movie, if not quite at the level we've come to expect from Marvel movies proper. If you liked/tolerated the first, you'll probably enjoy this one.

Regarding the end credits scene (massive spoiler beyond this particular movie):

I was anticipating something happening to bring Venom into the MCU, but this still managed to surprise me as it happened. I imagine this is a somewhat difficult spoiler to manage now that this character/franchise is part of the MCU.

Offline The Letter M

Re: Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »
Caught a showing yesterday evening with a friend and we both enjoyed it! I thought it was a bit better than the first Venom for the most part, but it had some pacing issues in the first act (which felt like they gutted/edited a lot of characterization from Cletus just to get the story going along). The action in the final act was pretty fun and a lot better to see/understand than the final act fight Venom 1 - it helped that Carnage is red and contrasts well with Venom and the surroundings (where as Riot was similarly colored to Venom and the whole rocket area seemed very homogeneous-looking from what I remember.

As for that mid-credits scene... I was shocked... floored... amazed. As soon as I heard the voice on the TV, I was both confused and elated at what happened. I hope we see a follow-up to that very soon!

-Marc.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 04:44:00 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 10:48:10 AM »
Haven't seen it yet (or the first one either), but now I guess I have to lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 07:11:30 AM »
Watched this one yesterday! I loved it!